Babun
Hapless_Hans
Kick
43 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Ze German Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Ze German Thread

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:56 am

french first, then dual citizen... and then finally had to give up the french side due to crazy taxes (that i would never benefit from since I live in the US).

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:47 am

Now Hoeness goes on a rant against Ozil. If Ozil has been shit for yesrs there isn't an adjective to describe Muller. But of course he isn't going to mention him Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:53 am

Hoeness is a disgrace... so is Rummenigge for that matter. Big reason why it's quasi impossible to respect Bayern as an institution. The people who run it are just crap human beings.

And Hoeness should shut his trap most of all given his history.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:52 pm

Well, I kind of saw this coming. What Grindel, et al, did to Özil was unbelievably unfair, and the general treatment of his always had severely racist undertones.

His defense of the Erdogan pic, however, is weak af, you can't really separate the office of the President from the person of the President. I'm generally with Özil on this, in that I just don't think it's that big of a f*cking deal, but he still honestly probably shouldn't pose for happy pictures with a wannabe dictator.

That being said, Özil never was going to play for us again unless we fired Grindel.
It is very sad how our society, like many, has regressed to a more base, xenophobic, nationalist level, where a man born and raised in Germany can still be treated like an immigrant.

I won't exactly miss his performances of the past couple of years, though, to be honest.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:07 pm

i sill find it funny how so many people mistake prejudice with with racist.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:46 pm

Özils agent hits back at Hoeneß: http://www.goal.com/en/news/ozils-agent-offers-stunning-response-to-foolish-criticism/1fl6943vtlndxzal991a1slri

Hoeneß is truly a despicable pos. Poor Hans lol, can you still support Bayern with him being the president?
I don't even get what Hoeneß was thinking. Lashing out like that against Özil? Literally wtf. The tone of political discussions in Germany and especially Bavaria has gone completely mad over the last few years.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:14 pm

Did Hoeness talk all of that shit from prison or is he out now?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:32 pm

"Mesut contributed more to the country than he could ever dream of”.

Not a high bar tbh, Hoeneß literally stole from the German state. Thieves like him shouldn’t be taken seriously.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:38 pm

No one from the German team actually supporting Ozilnor amni missing something? Not even Boateng? Great team lmao
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:36 pm

probably been told by the german FA to shut up
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:29 pm

That's weak. Most of them are made players and world champions, and they can't defend their teammates? Ok
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:32 pm

Meh I don't blame the teammates. You really don't want to get involved in something like this. You can easily get blacklisted. Plenty of examples.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:08 pm

Unique wrote:i sill find it funny how so many people mistake prejudice with with racist.

The lines are very blurred with respect to both concepts but in this case, it very much is both racist and prejudicial.

Re: teammates not talking
Neuer, Boateng, Kimmich, Mueller, Sule, Hummels, Rudy boy, Goretzka all play for Bayern. They are not gonna say a damn thing to defend Ozil. The rest probably either don't give a shit or towing the line to not be blacklisted. Ozil is on his own with this one sadly.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:04 pm

We also don't know how Özil behaves towards them, you don't see a lot of harmonic team play going on so I wouldn't be surprised if they're not huge fans.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:22 am

Let's be honest, Özil wouldn't step up to say something for his teammates either, so I doubt he's upset over that.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:08 pm

German friends, please don't tell me he actually said this.

For some reason, a few of the Bayern contingent seem either dismissive of Özil or very unwilling to support his claims. It seems like one giant diversionary tactic, or am I misreading the situation here?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:18 pm

Hans must be so ashamed to support Bayern right now. Sad

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Really really really not surprised that the Bayern contingent is toeing the line.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:40 pm

Müller said that there's no racism within the National Team and I believe him obviously as far as the players and the coaches are concerned.
It's not the point of the affair of course, as the point is racism on a whole other level, but I certainly don't expect to get my analysis and commentary regarding the politics of sports from football players.
Neither he nor Neuer said anything outrageous or noteworthy.

But I said my piece about this above. I will reapeat and expand.
What Bierhoff and Grindel did was one of the lowest, scummiest instances of racist scapegoating I've witnessed in a long long time within the official realms of German football.
And what makes it so scummy is not even that being racist was their point. Their point was opportunism. Özil gave them an opportunity, a talking point, after a shit and embarrassing World Cup, and they took it. The fallout from this, the damage they did, is immense however.
I thought the German national team had moved forward in an exemplary manner, and it's no coincidence the team became successful and almost likeable when the immigrants' kids, the Boatengs, Özils, Khediras and Gündogans became as representative of the NT as the Neuers and Müllers, with the generation that won the 2008 U21 Euros together.

I've always been rather antagonistic towards the whole complex of the German NT for political reasons, but I've supported this team in recent year as I liked it.
I feel this whole progress has been destroyed by Bierhoff and Grindel now. They did, intentionally or not, align themselves with the AfD, who had actually been driving an racist and opportunistic anti-Özil campaign (and whose chairman once memorably said he wouldn't want 'someone like Boateng' as his neighbour).

We're moving backwards in a way I did not think possible, just as I had to realize the whole of western societies are mving backwards in a way I thought not possible anymore.
It's sad, disgusting, and frightening, and I feel that it's fundamentally shaking up a certain progressivist belief I didn't even know I had in me so much, as intellectually I should have known, and knew, that there is no inevitable progress.

I've always detested Bierhoff, but for completely different reasons. I detested him for his neo-liberalist, moronic PR, market-orientation and advertisment BS and for his *bleep* face. Now the structure has aligned with the superstructure in a manner I thought wasn't possible anymore.

They all should go, but they won't. My personal conclusion is
to become openly, and unambiguously hostile towards the German NT again.

As for Hoeness, once again talking when he should't be talking, what he shouldn't be talking. Hoeness should have never been allowed to return after his jail. It was a massive mistake that has cost FC Bayern dearly already, and I've complained about it repeatedly, not just in the context of his sabotaging the Tuchel hire.

BTW, Julian Brandt publicly said that scapegoating Özil was wrong. Good kid.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:37 pm

Yeah, Brandt once again the only winner of the WC.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:47 am

How horrible must it have been for Mesut to be around muppets like Müller and Neuer all those years, he must be so relieved that it's over.

As for Brandt, very cool kid, one of the few to thank Mesut for his contribution and come to his defense.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:28 am

Neuer is one of Özil's friends. What he actually said was much more a, even if formulated in an abstract way, a critique of the DFB than Özil.

BTW, when I said the motives were more opportunistic than actually racist, I might be wrong in the case of Grindel.
Grindel turns out is actually a right wing guy who basically has a racist agenda.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:30 pm

boy that ol race card has more power than a nuclear bomb. you can have 2 sides to every argument but as soon as the race card is played....BOOM. its game over for the other side. Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by elfmeter Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:41 pm

After that long summer break, international football returns, finally! Friendlies are now called World Nations league or something like that, actually I think it is only Europe doing the nations league thing.

J Low has named his squad, but not after spending a day in Munich telling everyone what went wrong this summer. Long story short, the team was too arrogant and did not care, which is more or less what I saw. J Low admits it was his responsibility to motivate and maybe play a bit of a more "safer style". They thought they would go in to each group game, control possession, score a goal or two and job done, then make adjustments in the next rounds Unfortunately, the opponents had not read that script.

Hindsight is always perfect as they say, but he should not have taken anyone over 21 to the World Cup. A few new faces coming in, Leroy is back too, even though he has not played much this season. I dont know to much about Kehrer, dont actually remember him playing for Schalke, but I think he is the leftback fix?

Tor: Manuel Neuer (FC Bayern), Marc-André ter Stegen (FC Barcelona)

Abwehr: Jerome Boateng (FC Bayern), Matthias Ginter (Bor. Mönchengladbach), Jonas Hector (1. FC Köln), Mats Hummels (FC Bayern), Thilo Kehrer (PSG), Joshua Kimmich (FC Bayern), Antonio Rüdiger (FC Chelsea), Nico Schulz (TSG Hoffenheim), Niklas Süle (FC Bayern), Jonathan Tah (Bayer Leverkusen)

Mittelfeld/Angriff: Julian Brandt (Bayer Leverkusen), Julian Draxler (PSG), Leon Goretzka (FC Bayern), Ilkay Gündogan Manchester City), Kai Havertz (Bayer Leverkusen), Toni Kroos (Real Madrid), Thomas Müller (FC Bayern), Nils Petersen (SC Freiburg), Marco Reus (Borussia Dortmund), Leroy Sané (Manchester City), Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)
elfmeter
elfmeter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:27 pm

The team would need Max Kruse badly
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:04 pm

WTF is Rüdiger doing?
You can mentally picture me writing me this every time he gets to play, btw.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next