Luca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
34 posters

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Go down

Alexis Sanchez transfer saga - Page 4 Empty Re: Alexis Sanchez transfer saga

Post by Firenze Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:57 pm

marketing potential be damned > ever signing a player from Dortmund again Alexis Sanchez transfer saga - Page 4 1546-83

you would hope top clubs have learned by now with literally every Dortmund stud being a complete fraud outside of Hummels

You're right though that no serious links to Malcolm X have been mentioned, I don't think we sign anyone in January tbh

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:52 pm

Firenze wrote:you forgot to mention one thing though, United is a historically significant club, a club that many players would kill to play for, the BIGGEST club in the world

who are City? a nothing, oil moneyclub with a classless hierarchy. Most footballers, if they had to choose between playing for Manchester United or Manchester City, wouldn't even blink twice before turning their wheel to the red side of Manchester.

Mourinho's debut season in Manchester = 3 trophies
Guardiola's = 0 trophies

Alexis will come home if he wants to win silverware

Indeed. That's why he's going to City to collect a free league title.

Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:59 pm

Firenze wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Willing to bet money there is no Man Yoo offer tbh.

Who else has mentioned it other than Di Fraudzio? Nothing he says has any merit any more.

I didn't follow transfer rumors at all last summer, I did see a lot of people say he was all over the place though.

Shame. Swear you've been hating on the lad since day 1 though. He was legit for a while.

I was playing the long game tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:42 am

Firenze wrote:you forgot to mention one thing though, United is a historically significant club, a club that many players would kill to play for, the BIGGEST club in the world

who are City? a nothing, oil moneyclub with a classless hierarchy. Most footballers, if they had to choose between playing for Manchester United or Manchester City, wouldn't even blink twice before turning their wheel to the red side of Manchester.

Mourinho's debut season in Manchester = 3 trophies
Guardiola's = 0 trophies

Alexis will come home if he wants to win silverware

A true "special needs" rant if I ever saw one.

Stop it already, you're setting yourself up for.........

THE SNUB Laughing
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:14 am

Okay, theres one absurd narrative I am keeping on hearing. City is not Arsenal's competitor where as United are. So they can sell him to City and not to United. And I am not talking about the neutrals here.

I mean I can understand the millions of reasons they have for hating United over City. But is it only till the end of this season Sanchez is going to be at Man city?
Its the same flawed logic Jose came up with when selling us Mata. And everyone agrees Mata is nowhere near the Chilean in quality. Why arent they acting as if a City side with Sanchez is not a threat to them too, beyond this season, you know. (when Wenger goes, they challenge for the league and everything).

Its totally justified the displeasure they have in selling to United. Yes, their chances of top 4 will get affected by doing that. But why arent they annoyed the same way at the prospect of him going to City. If anything, he is going to make them that much hard to beat and a team of Arsenal's stature is okay with that? Why not seeing the big picture? Dont get me wrong. I am not trying to sound rude or anything here. Its genuine bewilderment seeing some of the reactions.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:32 am

You have to understand that, at the moment, United seem catchable whereas City are 23 points ahead of us. It is short-sighted, but you're not going to find a single Arsenal fan who thinks the title is realistic. Not now, and not next season, either.

The bigger picture is difficult to piece together because we don't know what next year will be like in terms of manager and players. So while I see what you're saying about City being a bigger threat to us with Alexis, I don't think we're going to be competing with them any time soon. I don't quite have the same feeling about United, even though you're better than us as well.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:40 am

If i was Sanchez, it would be a no brainer for me, free league title at City, same wages if not more. Even if Pep doesn't play him or plays him incorrectly, at least he can stat pad silverware/accolades so can finesse his grandchildren/future generations into thinking he was actually instrumental. Whats he gonna say if he went to City? 'I got the Man Yoo twitter account 250k retweets'?

Last edited by Kaladin on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:52 am

Glory wrote:But why arent they annoyed the same way at the prospect of him going to City. If anything, he is going to make them that much hard to beat and a team of Arsenal's stature is okay with that? Why not seeing the big picture? Dont get me wrong. I am not trying to sound rude or anything here. Its genuine bewilderment seeing some of the reactions.

You're not being rude and your question is perfectly sound, and here's my own explanation to it:

Arsenal, if forced, would rather sell to City than United because their rivalry with the Citizens is rather new and isn't as deep-rooted or fierce as the one they have with the Red Devils. Don't get me wrong though; they still hate City with a passion, but they feel more threatened by a 20-time PL winner than someone who has only lifted it 4 times in their entire history.

Now, make no mistake, success isn't the only criterion to establish solid rivalries. Geographic ties also plays a huge part in it as do politics. Basically there are three main criteria to establishinga historic rivalry between two clubs:

1. Domestic success: if you have been fighting with the same club(s) for the league title over the years, you'll inevitably develop a fierce rivalry with them that might turn into hated at some point.

2. Geographic ties: if they happen to be your crosstown rivals, there's a big chance you may develop a fierce rivalry with them, even more so than the first one (Example: Tottenham and Arsenal: they both would rather sell to United than to each other).

3. Political rivalries: this is the most fierce one of all. It beats the geographical one, although it's intrinsically bound to success as well. Example: Real Madrid and Barcelona: they both would rather sell to the devil himself than to each other.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:00 am

I would also add that "Sanchez to City" has been almost official for a few months now, so most Arsenal fans have made their peace with it, whereas United is a new prospect.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:42 am

Arsene will not even sell Jenkinson to Mourinho lol

Anyway he's going to City, only us signing someone to replace him is left until it's official.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:56 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I would also add that "Sanchez to City" has been almost official for a few months now, so most Arsenal fans have made their peace with it, whereas United is a new prospect.

Seriously, if Arsenal get Mkhitaryan on the cheap in this deal, why aren't they all over it?
This is the Ibra-Eto'o deal all over at Europa League level. Utd get their second Ibra who won't fit with Mourimho, while Arsenal get money AND Mkhitaryan who will lead them to EL glory, himself winning back to back ELs in the process.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:14 am

City to "walk away" from Alexis deal this month. Fee and wages too high.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/12/manchester-city-alexis-sanchez-walk-away-united?CMP=share_btn_tw

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:30 am

Jay29 wrote:City to "walk away" from Alexis deal this month. Fee and wages too high.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jan/12/manchester-city-alexis-sanchez-walk-away-united?CMP=share_btn_tw

damage control from City Laughing

another of the league's top stars snubbing them to play for the biggest team in the world :bow:

@ThatOneCityFan
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:34 am

City brief the media saying they are prepared to walk away from the Sanchez deal, unwilling to meet Arsenal and agent demands.

Jesus only out 2-3 weeks. Thank you City Board for rejecting those obscene demands for a player that is going to be free in 6 months.

Arsenal wants us to pay £35m + agent fee. Which is could easy get up to £45-50m. rofl rofl rofl
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:36 am

Yeah, both United and City are known for their stinginess on the market

Alexis Sanchez transfer saga - Page 4 Giphy

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:42 am

Firenze wrote:
Jay29 wrote:City to "walk away" from Alexis deal this month. Fee and wages too high.

another of the league's top stars snubbing them to play for the biggest team in the world :bow:

@ThatOneCityFan

Another? Please give us an example. Here are united snubs.

Example 1:

Example 2:

Example 3:

Example 4:

Example 5:

Example 6:

Example 7:

Example 8:

Example 9:

Example 10:

nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:45 am

Disclaimer: I've personally been against getting Sanchez since the beginning of the summer transfer market. And have made post of my dislike for the transfer. Specially with being on his last year when 60-70m price tags were being thrown around. Not a fan of his and prefer Sane and Sterling as wingers and for the future. But I have no issue with getting him on a free or even 20m now.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:46 am

Damn, rip @firenze

1 like = 1 prayer

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:49 am

we were literally in for none of those players, you can find links to everyone when you're a big club for easy hits on sites Laughing

RVP and I suppose Sanchez well documented and confirmed concrete links to City though to the point the moves were considered a formality, both eventually moving to the GOAT team :bow: WATTBA
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:50 am

Nasir rofl

Nasir be like to Firenze

Alexis Sanchez transfer saga - Page 4 WFD84
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:53 am

Fake sources.

Strange because you have Bernardo Silva, who was a well documented United target and ended up at City not in that list.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:00 pm

City? Fee and wages too high? The same people who, as Mourinho so eloquently put it, pay striker-money for fullbacks; those people?
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:04 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:

City? Fee and wages too high? The same people who, as Mourinho so eloquently put it, pay striker-money for fullbacks; those people?

I think City don't pay such immensely high wages to their players tbh, I could imagine the highest paid ones are still Yaya and Aguero.
Players like Sané, Bernardo, Fernandinho, Mendy, even De Bryune don't get as much as the highest earners in the league, Hazard,  Ibrahimovic etc.

They will of course once they renew.

Interesting thing, which I didn't know, is that while the PL pours TV money over their club, there's a cap as to how much wages can rise.
That's why the transfer fees have exploded, the wages have not.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:05 pm

Can see why they would feel that way about the fee tbh, it's January and they could easily wait till the summer if he wants to go there.

The wages part is very skeptical though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:09 pm

nasir6371 wrote:
Firenze wrote:

@ThatOneCityFan

Another? Please give us an example. Here are united snubs.

Example 1:

Example 2:

Example 3:

Example 4:

Example 5:

Example 6:

Example 7:

Example 8:

Example 9:

Example 10:

BOOM. head shot for frenzy rofl rofl
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:12 pm

Issue is that Sanchez wants a large signing bonus, heard as big as 15m Laughing plus 5m agent free rofl

Hope City stay strong and tell his greedy agent and Arsenal to kick rocks.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next