Hight: 168 cm
weight: 69 kg
Club: Udinese
Contract Expires: ???
Release clause: €50M???
Transfermarkt worth: €18.5M

Transfer preview: Alexis Sanchez 0387f7db3046a42bc4504cc7fefb9fbd

Statistics:
He played for cobreloa, Colo-Colo, River Plate and now he is playing for Udinese. In 25 games he scored 43 goals. This season in 27 games, 12 goals.

Features:
He is generally used on the right wing but is also deployed as a forward, left winger or central attacking midfielder. He is fast, strong on feet, with good dribling ability. His work rate is high and he is good for pressuere and trackin back. Not great goloscorer but he is decent in that segment.

Conclusion:
He is playing in league where defense is main task, so adapting to Barca style can take few months, he speaks Spanish and that is good thing. Sanchez is young, he can play anwhere in front trio. If we buy him he will be bench player for sure, but will give big competition for Pedro, Villa and even Afellay. Lets se "money" thing.

Money:
His release clause is unknown, Udinese wants something beetween €35M and €45M whick is too much. Last reports are saying taht we will pay €28M now, and €5M later, depending of number of trophies we won + player or two. at the end of the day it is around €40M and for me that is still to much and I think that Rossel will not accept that unless Sanchez accept lower salary.

Video:

ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Transfer preview: Alexis Sanchez Empty Re: Transfer preview: Alexis Sanchez

Post by Albiceleste Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:22 am

I don't think he'll be a bench player, I think he'll have to fight for Pedro's spot and whoever performs gets the spot.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:34 am

I don't se him taking Pedro's place. Pedro has better work rate, he is better goalscorer and knows Barca's game better.
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:09 am

Yes I too don't see him taking Pedro's place. He will be a rotational player playing in various positions and also probably an impact player. That brings me to the question I asked earlier. Where does Afellay fit in all this?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am

he will probably get moved in very slowly ala Affelay

Takes a while to learn Barca's style and plus from what I read he can be a ball hog (something if true, he must unlearn)

Our bench next season (as of now) :

- Pinto
- Affelay
- Sanchez
- Thiago or Keita (or Cesc?)
- Adriano
- Fontas
- Mascherano

Out:
Bojan - Roma
Jeffren - Udinese
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:55 am

wind, your list of our bench makes good sense.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:30 am

ChollaVille wrote:I don't se him taking Pedro's place. Pedro has better work rate, he is better goalscorer and knows Barca's game better.

Don't be so sure about that seeing as one of sánchez best attributes is his work rate.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ChollaVille Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:10 pm

harhar11 wrote:
ChollaVille wrote:I don't se him taking Pedro's place. Pedro has better work rate, he is better goalscorer and knows Barca's game better.

Don't be so sure about that seeing as one of sánchez best attributes is his work rate.

One of HIS best attributes... but Pedro has the best work rate on the world (only fowards included), even better than Tevez or Eto'o.
ChollaVille
ChollaVille
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:58 pm

messixaviesta wrote:Yes I too don't see him taking Pedro's place. He will be a rotational player playing in various positions and also probably an impact player. That brings me to the question I asked earlier. Where does Afellay fit in all this?

Easy JD, Sanchez compete's with Villa and takes over Messi's fake 9 role if for what ever reason Messi cant play and Affelay just like last season competes with Pedro.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by gk77 Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:22 pm

It appears that Jeffren doesn't want to go to udinese, so who would they transfer to udinese so sanchez could come?

gk77
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:44 am

Sanchez is a great player, but I'm having trouble understanding exactly how he'll fit in. He plays best as a right winger or as a support striker. It looks as if he'll be in direct competition with Messi, or at least that's what I'm making of it. Having a good replacement for Messi is fine, just in case something does happen to him (suspension or injury). But to splash the cash on a man who might not play all that much seems a little strange to me. I might be totally off here, but that's how I see it. Any thoughts?
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:07 am

He'll rotate with Pedro and Villa on the wings, most likely. That way there is no dip in quality when we rotate and, unlike last season, everyone should make the end of the season fresh.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:55 am

If he plays on the right wing thats fine, Villa left Messi middle if Pedro isn't playing ofc

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:21 am

Immaculate_Mole wrote:
Easy JD, Sanchez compete's with Villa and takes over Messi's fake 9 role if for what ever reason Messi cant play and Affelay just like last season competes with Pedro.

Why are you so sure? Why can't Afellay play on the left wing and A.Sanchez on the right? A.Sanchez and Villa are very different players. I can't see him as a direct competitor for Villa. If G.Rossi is bought instead of A.Sanchez your comments might become more spot on.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:25 am

gk77 wrote:It appears that Jeffren doesn't want to go to udinese, so who would they transfer to udinese so sanchez could come?

I have been thinking the same. It could lead to the deal breaking. Jeffren sees himself made for La Liga. We can't really force him to go to Serie A. The chances of buying G.Rossi or Mata instead will then rise higher. Why not consider even Aguero? Jeffren I think would quite happily move to Valencia, Villarreal or Atletico Madrid. Also they would be interested in taking him especially after last night.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:30 am

ErPupone wrote:Sanchez is a great player, but I'm having trouble understanding exactly how he'll fit in. He plays best as a right winger or as a support striker. It looks as if he'll be in direct competition with Messi, or at least that's what I'm making of it. Having a good replacement for Messi is fine, just in case something does happen to him (suspension or injury). But to splash the cash on a man who might not play all that much seems a little strange to me. I might be totally off here, but that's how I see it. Any thoughts?

You make a good point. The kind of money being spent on this is hard to justify. However the market is inflated terribly and we do need to buy a forward. As has been our policy in the last few years, we almost exclusively look at high profile targets. I think at times A.Sanchez can play on the right and Villa and Pedro can rotate for the left side. In his first few matches I think A.Sanchez will mainly be a second half impact player. This leads me to wonder once again if this shows a lack of confidence in Afellay since that is the role he's been doing for us all this while. Jeffren who we want to sell can also do the same kind of role. It's a little difficult to understand how much of a quality upgrade we are looking for and whether it is worth this kind of price.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:38 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:He'll rotate with Pedro and Villa on the wings, most likely. That way there is no dip in quality when we rotate and, unlike last season, everyone should make the end of the season fresh.

That's a good point but let's consider a few other names and try to understand why it is A.Sanchez that has become our first choice.

1. Guiseppe Rossi - Would he also not be able to maintain the quality? I think he can but A.Sanchez has greater pace and skill and is more versatile.

2. Juan Mata - Is he that much of an upgrade over Jeffren? Would he be able to match up to Pedro's level so to say? Can he do a better job than Afellay especially as an impact player?

3. Sergio Aguero - Would he be a good fit on the wings? In our formation there is no place in the center. I guess Aguero is not considered the best fit for the wings and his lack of work rate is seen as a problem. Perhaps that's why we have not gone after him. He certainly would not decrease the quality of the forward line though.

After pondering over all this I think we are going for A.Sanchez because he ticks almost all the boxes. Let me make a list of all that but I will still say I am perplexed as to where this leaves Afellay.

1. Skill
2. Pace
3. Finishing
4. Can play on the wings
5. Can play as a false number 9
6. Impact player
7. Work rate

It also seems that Afellay too seems to tick all these boxes but A.Sanchez represents an upgrade in quality. So if this deal goes through I wouldn't be surprised to see Afellay sold. However numbers are also a criteria and we can't afford to see all of Bojan, Jeffren and Afellay in the same summer. Now consider this. If we buy A.Sanchez then retaining Bojan and letting Afellay and/or Jeffren go makes more sense. If we get G.Rossi then retaining Afellay and letting Bojan go makes more sense.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:12 am

messixaviesta wrote:3. Sergio Aguero - Would he be a good fit on the wings? In our formation there is no place in the center. I guess Aguero is not considered the best fit for the wings and his lack of work rate is seen as a problem. Perhaps that's why we have not gone after him. He certainly would not decrease the quality of the forward line though.

We are not going for Kun since Pep loves Pedro too much. If Aguero comes simply he should start over Pedro since he is so much better. Pep prefers La Masia boys so Kun will not come. Sanchez maybe will come and will be at best rotational player. Pedro still will be preferred and will start over AS.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:29 pm

matpol wrote:
We are not going for Kun since Pep loves Pedro too much. If Aguero comes simply he should start over Pedro since he is so much better. Pep prefers La Masia boys so Kun will not come. Sanchez maybe will come and will be at best rotational player. Pedro still will be preferred and will start over AS.

Seriously I can hardly think of a single reason to replace Pedro. If a truly great player comes who can prove he deserves to start unquestionably then Pedro and Villa will rotate. This is unlikely though. Pedro just does not deserve to be treated like a bench player ever again.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:13 pm

We need very good player to rotate with Villa and Pedro. I think Aguero is the best option, but Pep doesn't want him, because he can outperform Villa and Pedro, and Pep probably doesn't want to change main frontline. Sanchez imo will be rotational player, MVP will be our frontline.

If not Kun and Sanchez, who will you prefer? I read that we are interested in signing Mata if we don't reach agreement with Udinese. Your opinions on him?

Transfer preview: Alexis Sanchez Messiaguero

Transfer preview: Alexis Sanchez El_kun_aguero_y_la_pulga_messi_4042

I would like to see those two in Blaugrana but it won't happen Sad
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:47 pm

I think Villa is more likely to lose a 'starting' place than Pedro, tbh. Every time a forward is substituted it's Villa, even when he's having a better game than Pedro. I think that speaks to the amount of faith that Pep has on Pedro.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:50 pm

About Mata, I think he is good but not extraordinary. He can serve most of our needs but he won't really be adding something very new or very special to the team. I don't mind getting him but only for a low price. Also giving away Jeffren casts doubts in my mind as to whether we are doing a wise thing or not.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:55 pm

About Alexis Sanchez. I watched him quite a lot at WC 2010. My impression was that he is slick, tricky and pacy but also a poor decision maker and selfish in front of goal.

Now in this great season that he has had I have hardly watched him. So I would like to know from those who have, how far has he improved on those vices?

He probably is a good buy for us because he gives us almost all that we need from a new forward signing as I elaborated in point form in an earlier post. Also his vices would not affect us much because once he plays for Barcelona, passing, team play and decision making will start automatically improving. However we need to be very sensible about how much we should be ready to pay for him. Yes we have to pay more than he is worth because of the crazy transfer window if we really want him but that does not mean we pay E50m. We need a very smart negotiator to handle this for us.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:44 am

messixaviesta wrote:About Mata, I think he is good but not extraordinary. He can serve most of our needs but he won't really be adding something very new or very special to the team. I don't mind getting him but only for a low price. Also giving away Jeffren casts doubts in my mind as to whether we are doing a wise thing or not.

I was thinking that Mata is the better option. He'll be a good player to have on the bench and won't cost nearly as much. If Sanchez is going to be used even in some sort of rotation, it just seems like a lot of money to spend on a player who's not guaranteed a starting role given that, as Matpol said, Guardiola probably won't want to change that starting front 3. Mata also has, for what it's worth, the slight advantage of being familiar with some of Barcelona's players from playing with them in the national team (though he only has a handful of caps at the senior level), so that adaptation period won't be difficult for him.

messixaviesta wrote:About Alexis Sanchez. I watched him quite a lot at WC 2010. My impression was that he is slick, tricky and pacy but also a poor decision maker and selfish in front of goal.

Now in this great season that he has had I have hardly watched him. So I would like to know from those who have, how far has he improved on those vices?

He probably is a good buy for us because he gives us almost all that we need from a new forward signing as I elaborated in point form in an earlier post. Also his vices would not affect us much because once he plays for Barcelona, passing, team play and decision making will start automatically improving. However we need to be very sensible about how much we should be ready to pay for him. Yes we have to pay more than he is worth because of the crazy transfer window if we really want him but that does not mean we pay E50m. We need a very smart negotiator to handle this for us.

Sanchez is definitely worth a big price tag, but it's only worth it, as I said, if he's going to be an important part of the team which Barcelona can't promise him. He's a hard worker, has good pace and very good ball control. He also has a pretty good right foot on him. I don't usually like judging people off videos, but here's a couple just to give an example. This goal was all him: Great two touches to free himself up and then finds the space to score.

20 seconds in, great strike from far out:

And this one is just a good run. Good composure on the ball and very quick.

ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:40 am

Cules,how is the deal progressing? D
I heard that Man Sh!itty skyrocketed the price so that your team is looking for Rossi and Juan Mata now instead of Sanchez and Fab. Do you know anything about it? Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next