Page 7 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Next manager - Page 7 Empty Re: Next manager

Post by Freeza Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:10 am

Cyborg wrote:
Freeza wrote:
Cyborg wrote:Jardim?

Laudrup?

These guys have records of being terrible coaches. Why sack one garbage coach to hire another. There is really a dearth of good coaches out there.

Bring back Zizou!

How does any of those two have records of being terrible? Laughing

Laudrup almost knocking Bayern out of Europe, and winning a trophy with Swansea?

Jardim beating PSG in 2017 and getting to the CL semis?

Yeah terrible coaches

Laudrup was sacked by all those medicore mid-table clubs for poor performances.

Jardim was just sacked. Monaco are battling relegation.

He wasn't fired for Mallorca or Getafe. He resigned both places.
And then Swansea sacked him after his first bad run, despite them being pretty competetive early on. After he delivered their best season ever.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:14 am

But I agree with all of you guys.

Why don't we just find a coach that's never been fired or had a bad spell!
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:17 am

Both Jardim and Laudrup would be better than Conte... I don't think we should fire our coach before the winter break though.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:20 am

Laudrup hasn't been involved at this level of football in years, I mean, he is not a bad manager but would be a horrible choice at this juncture. I'm not fond of Conte myself but he would be the more realistic choice. So would Jardim.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:33 am

Freeza wrote:But I agree with all of you guys.

Why don't we just find a coach that's never been fired or had a bad spell!

we've signed managers with amazing CVs who have failed, and vice versa who have succeeded. with the madrid job you just never know. what we do know is that the manager should have an array of talent, the right kind of temperament and cojones to succeed. at the end, the players are the ones who get out on the pitch.....for me the players, are my first cause of concern. its like squeezing orange from a juiced orange.....a makeover is needed
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:54 am

sportsczy wrote:One game for Varane... he's been immense all season and the past season.

The scheme is letting us down tbh and the choice of players.  You start an attack of Mariano/Vasquez/Asensio when you're not scoring?  really??  The one kid i think has played great is on the bench... Ceballos.  All the other so-called wonderful kids we signed have been meh to poor.

But you want to blame Varane for the goals today?  Sure.  Explain the rest of the season.

Apparently Lopetegui is as mystified about transfers as we are:

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2018/10/20/5bcb3dafe5fdea810d8b46cb.html

So Zidane had no say in transfers, but now Lopetequi does!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:03 am

I’m not certain what exactly is the problem, but I am certain changing the coach will not resolve the problem. The questions that need to be answered are

Why are so many players, esp. the senior ones making so many mistakes?

What happened to the team pressing that was so effective early on?

What happened to the more direct play that had shots being made from both sides, the middle and from midfield? The offense that was difficult to predict as to who and from where would the next shot come from?

futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:09 am

Exactly tito. Changing the manager is not the solution. The fans need to understand that their squad is no longer competitive or elite in certain areas and is in dire need of a total overhaul.

You could bring in ten thousand managers, but as long as you have this attack and that laughable bench, I'm afraid none of them is going to be able to help us. Heck, even Zidane and his luck wouldn't do anything with this squad.

Be honest with yourselves and admit that we suck for a very good reason and that Lopetegui is only a smoke screen to a much larger and deep-rooted problem.

Florentino and whoever holds a shred of power at Madrid should be held responsible for refusing to strengthen the squad and for flooding the team with mediocre players. They are the ones who should share the biggest chunk of the blame.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:16 am

Big Weng

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:17 am

futbol_bill wrote:
sportsczy wrote:One game for Varane... he's been immense all season and the past season.

The scheme is letting us down tbh and the choice of players.  You start an attack of Mariano/Vasquez/Asensio when you're not scoring?  really??  The one kid i think has played great is on the bench... Ceballos.  All the other so-called wonderful kids we signed have been meh to poor.

But you want to blame Varane for the goals today?  Sure.  Explain the rest of the season.

Apparently Lopetegui is as mystified about transfers as we are:

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2018/10/20/5bcb3dafe5fdea810d8b46cb.html

So Zidane had no say in transfers, but now Lopetequi does!

You didn't read it. Lope asked for players and gave input... Real Madrid listened... Flo / directors didn't do a damn thing... so they're mystified. In public, however, he says everything is great (because he has to).

This is the main reason ZZ left regardless of whether you want to admit it or not = our transfer policy.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:33 am

sportsczy wrote:
You didn't read it.  Lope asked for players and gave input... Real Madrid listened...  Flo / directors didn't do a damn thing... so they're mystified.  In public, however, he says everything is great (because he has to).

This is the main reason ZZ left regardless of whether you want to admit it or not = our transfer policy.

See, this is what I don't understand. I totally understand that he was dealt a rough hand and is being scapegoated for things that his superiors are responsible for. But  I blame him for being naive and gullible.

Seriously, what does he think will happen when he rolls over like that? He's going to be fired anyway, so why don't tell it like it is? Why try to appease your superiors when you know that you won't last beyond Christmas?

He left the Spain job where he was doing so well to manage Madrid. If I were him I wouldn't leave such a great job to coach a sinking ship. Not until I get guarantees that they'll give me my targets and not force me to work with a bunch of nobodies and hasbeens.

I'm baffled at how naive and spineless he is. No way in hell I would leave the Spain job to coach this Madrid side. And I sure as hell wouldn't lie about how great the squad is and how satisfied I am with everything. I may tell that to the public, but in private, I wouldn't rest until either Florentino gives me my target or he would get my resignation before the crack of dawn.

Lopetegui might not be the one responsible for our dreadful state, but he sure as hell is a spineless coward.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:37 am

Because no manager (or player) is allowed to bad mouth the club. Most contracts make it a fireable offense... and one where the club can impose a heavy heavy fine. Nobody wants either of those things.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:40 am

Well, like I said, don't tell the public what you truly feel. But in private, you have to put your foot down and give Florentino an ultimatum. Either he gets you your targets or you resign.

To continue on and take all the blame while Florentino's cheap, delusional ass is safe from any criticism is beyond stupid. Spineless is what he is.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:41 am

Let’s be real, Laudrup has less than no chance of being appointed. Given the time frame I would say Conte 90% has the job if Lope is sacked before Christmas.

Jardim is the only one with an outside shot. Considering the amount of young playerswe have, he might actually be the perfect appointment.

All that said, a single manager switch is not going to solve all our problems (definitely not the main one - no goalscorer) and I think Lopetegui should be given at least until Christmas. If there is still no sign of life he has to be given the sack. Which I still would feel is a bit unfair, but taking all of the things out of the equation he can’t control (no goal scorer, freak individual mistakes, injuries) we should be playing better still. Modric and Asensio who I thought would absolutely flourish under Lopetegui have been absolute trash. Like someone posted, the counter press we saw earlier has evaporated. And overall, the possession is so unidimensional and slow- nothing like the dynamic possession we saw under Spain.

And to answer the question that keeps being brought up for some reason- Lopetegui was not happy with the squad. He came out publicly and stated the squad needed a CF, a CM and a CB. He got Mariano, hardly what we need there, and a big goose egg in the CM/CB additions.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:05 am

this is what he said publicly https://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2018/07/lopetegui-were-happy-with-the-squad-and-were-going-to-fight-for-everything

third paragraph. everything else is what the media says he said..now all of a sudden i'm hearing phrases like 'he was furious' lol. they need to cut it out. there are ways of making things known without causing up a storm. there are tact ways of making these requests public...zidane didn't want kepa, he didn't insult anyone nor the club in the process of making it public.

but back to florentino, if florenino really believed that last speech he gave, then he shouldn't fire the coach...(at least not yet). such a move sends a message to whoever it is you're bringing in, and puts those players you wanted to develop in a precarious position.....which is why this is a tough place for grooming kids

titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:38 pm

Zidane didn't say he didn't want Kepa publicly ffs.  Navas play playing like shit and all he did was make him feel important... because he needed to win then and he was was backing all the players that were playing shitty at the time.  What is he gonna say?  We need a new goalkeeper in the middle of the season??

The only top managers whom I've seen openly challenge the club are Mourinho (everywhere) and Rafa (Inter and he got immediately fired).

You just don't do it.  In fact, you can't without big consequences contractually.  To boot, it's career limiting...  no club wants to hire a manager that isn't going to fall in line with the project, whether he agrees with it or not.

If you don't like it as a manager, you leave.  But you keep your mouth shut.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:15 pm

I love Marca these days. They went from being a Florentino mouthpiece to being one of his biggest critics.

I'm glad some people are able to see right through his BS.

I really hope he pays for his incompetence the last two years.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:44 pm

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2018/01/06/5a50b90bca47415d418b45ca.html

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/901004/Real-Madrid-Zinedine-Zidane-Kepa-Arrizabalaga-Athletic-Bilbao-transfer-rumours-gossip

those are quotes from the man himself. not some "zidane reportedly says..." type story. those comments were made not long after it was reported that kepa was undergoing a medical. zidane didn't insult anyone, he didn't raise a firestorm, but it was public knowledge from his own words , that at that point he didn't need a goalie......despite what the club was doing

rafa got sacked cos of poor results simple, that was the year bale was destroying them left and right and he fell out with some players on the team, materazzi for example. who said rafa had got mad about him over some mourinho picture or some dumb thing like that. just like at madrid, he lost the locker room at inter and they were flopping that's why he got sacked

a coach can make demands without coming off like an ass. and if you know you're not being provided the right tools, and sit by idly then how do you expect to help the club succeed? just look at carlos queroiz, i can't respect his comments now...its like 14 years too late
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:31 am

To be fair, we don't know that Lopetegui sat idly behind the scenes. He did say that if Kovacic were to leave, that there would be a replacement. I don't see anything wrong with publically backing the team (particularly since it will backfire if you make a fuss and nothing happens), and making your demands privately.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:08 am

It's being suggested he is out today
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:30 am

Solari as the replacement Laughing :facepalm:
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:33 am

sportsczy wrote:Solari as the replacement Laughing :facepalm:

I already feel bad for him. Whoever comes in will get a pass from me as long as they don't have the players to meet the expectations.

I just wish someone will balls comes in and torches Florentino for his astounding hypocrisy.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:05 am

I'm kind of in both minds here

I know I haven't really posted my opinion, been working a lot

on one hand i agree that you can't lose against village teams. that's unacceptable

on the other hand, our attack is horrible. so i understand lope has been dealt a rough hand

but our tactics are even worse then under zidane. you guys have to realize that zidane always plays to the strength of his personnel. we can't play a high press. our players starting to our striker simply don't know how to. his cross tactic was working the whole time.. it's just that benzema was shit for three years. if you don't finish your chances.. obviously you won't win

but we aren't even playing good. this team is not made for possession. we really don't have the players for it
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:11 am

FennecFox7 wrote:his cross tactic was working the whole time.. it's just that benzema was shit for three years. if you don't finish your chances.. obviously you won't win

And who was finishing those chances? hmm He was expected to make us play like Spain did. He'd be criticized, either way.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:14 am

the thing is Lopetegui hasn't tried nothing creative in attack. he could have lined up with 2 CFs, he could have changed formation. He could have tried Bale in a different position. I get that Vinicius is raw but the guy is fcking good and he has been relegated to scoring for Castilla.

why hasn't Lopeegui tried something new from a tactical point of view? it's not enough to say the attack is bad or what not. It's simply not acceptable to put 3 past Levante in the bernabeu and to call it a day. we dont need prime CR to win a basic la liga game
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:17 am

I want Guti :coffee:
Mamad
Mamad
First Team