Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

+28
The Demon of Carthage
Mamad
M99
Lex
Doc
elitedam
Adit
iftikhar
Young Kaz
Pedram
FennecFox7
sportsczy
The Madrid One
futbol_bill
RealGunner
rincon
CBarca
zigra
BarrileteCosmico
Blue
Freeza
Art Morte
Clutch
McLewis
VivaStPauli
Unique
futbol
Hapless_Hans
32 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Freeza Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:18 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
Freeza wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

I wouldnt consider myself narrow-minded. I have strong opinions about McCain, but he was running the first time I was able to vote so you never really forget what pops your cherry.

I'll never forget that day in 2008, when I got up at 6:00 am so I could travel 30 miles from campus to home in morning traffic to vote for Obama to make sure that scumbag never ever ever got to hold the highest office.

Heres a McCain story. He called the Vietnamese gooks until the day he died. Despite the fact that HE SIGNED UP TO BOMB THEM IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY, and then when he crashed bombing a lightbulb factory was saved by a Vietnamese man from certain death when the same civilians he was bombing started to beat the crap out of him. Of course he never mentioned the great man that saved his life in his book:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-542277/How-war-hero-John-McCain-betrayed-Vietnamese-peasant-saved-life.html

Mai Van On is a true hero. He saved the life of a man who was dropping napalm on his own people. McCain didnt even have the decency to vote for the civil rights of his fellow citizens when he got back home. He was a monster.

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 3 Quote-i-hate-the-gooks-i-will-hate-them-as-long-as-i-live-john-mccain-251684

I am one happy gook this afternoon.

Maybe stubborn is more the right term.

Not disagreeing with McCain being a bad guy overall. He was an absolute evil man, no doubt there. His daughter is also a terrible braindead hag.

I just think you're going too hard in on this and attacking everyone for trying to act respectful.

Also reverse Unique is a great compliment. No-worse thing I could say to a person than if I said they were like him.

Laughing Laughing

I could see that.

I think a lot of people not of my generation(roughly the 28-38) group dont know how much we HATED John McCain as an extension of Bush. 2008 was a really bad time in America. Probably the worst morale-wise in the past 50 or so years. We knew the war in Iraq was a lie at this point, the recession was going on and people were losing everything, and guys were coming home destroyed mentally from the war. We just wanted peace, but McCain was tone-deaf. He was a hawk. He threatened Iran and North Korea constantly....he never saw a war he didnt support. He also had a certified lunatic as a running mate. We were legit scared he was going to win, he would die, and she would be in charge. We hate him, and seeing the media not represent our views or voices is discouraging. You just know when Dick Cheney, or Bush die they are going to sanitize him too. Its just depressing.

I don’t know if the sanitation is going to stick though. I know the reputation of a guy like Reagan goes down each day. And while I was not alive back when he was president I’m pretty confident he was one of the most popular during his time.

I think time will judge them all, but now is not the time most people will do this.

Hell. I don’t know if any republican will ever have a great legacy. They seem so far gone.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Unique Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:20 pm

Freeza wrote:
Unique wrote:
Freeza wrote:

You're an idiot too, don't forget that.
the problem with you is you think you are smarter than you are. you act like you know everything about everything yet you spend all your time on a football forum talking to people that you call idiots. now if that dont make you a idiot i dont know what does. rofl

You’re really using the “you spend all your time on a forum” excuse?

You're close to my post count in 4 years less. You’re 50 years old with a wife and children, who I’m guessing you never spendd time with because you’re up all night arguing with university students because you lost your job in Lidl and have resorted to cashing them welfare checks.

If you spent your free time actually engaging with real people of different races and religions, you might actually become less bigoted.
mean while i have a dick head from denmark thats never set foot where i live but still insists on telling me how it is and how i should react to it. Wink
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:33 pm

Freeza wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Maybe stubborn is more the right term.

Not disagreeing with McCain being a bad guy overall. He was an absolute evil man, no doubt there. His daughter is also a terrible braindead hag.

I just think you're going too hard in on this and attacking everyone for trying to act respectful.

Also reverse Unique is a great compliment. No-worse thing I could say to a person than if I said they were like him.

Laughing Laughing

I could see that.

I think a lot of people not of my generation(roughly the 28-38) group dont know how much we HATED John McCain as an extension of Bush. 2008 was a really bad time in America. Probably the worst morale-wise in the past 50 or so years. We knew the war in Iraq was a lie at this point, the recession was going on and people were losing everything, and guys were coming home destroyed mentally from the war. We just wanted peace, but McCain was tone-deaf. He was a hawk. He threatened Iran and North Korea constantly....he never saw a war he didnt support. He also had a certified lunatic as a running mate. We were legit scared he was going to win, he would die, and she would be in charge. We hate him, and seeing the media not represent our views or voices is discouraging. You just know when Dick Cheney, or Bush die they are going to sanitize him too. Its just depressing.

I don’t know if the sanitation is going to stick though. I know the reputation of a guy like Reagan goes down each day. And while I was not alive back when he was president I’m pretty confident he was one of the most popular during his time.

I think time will judge them all, but now is not the time most people will do this.

Hell. I don’t know if any republican will ever have a great legacy. They seem so far gone.

They will if people we consider heros, such as aJohn Lewis and Bernie Sanders, get on twitter and lie about how great he is.

Reagan goes down because there was not a twitter around at his death to give us a quick and sudden soundbite. You had to go on TV, and as it is older media does not stick with what we have now.

I hope he isnt sanitized, but I can see it happening right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:47 pm

I'm sold on everything Beto O'Rourke has said and done so far. Almost want him to not win against Cruz so he can run in 2020. He seems like the best candidate by far.

He sound eerily like Obama to me in both sound and way of speaking.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:27 pm

Watching the Kavanaugh hearing with Christine Blasey Ford testifying.
Interesting stuff.

Anyway, Kamala Harris has some serious star power. She's fantastic. I can definitively picture her achieving this, she basically looks and acts the way TV and movies have been imagining a good US president for many years now.
Still, I think the timing for 2020 is too early for her, though I assume she will try.

Also, I can't help but reiterate that I have a huge soft spot for Kirsten Gillibrand, almost the size of a crush. She's great. She could be president too.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:25 pm

btw this Kavanaugh hearing has been absolutely crazy today

this guy Laughing

after the woman testified calmly, credibly, and persuasively he comes in with some faux mega outrage shouting how his life is being destroyed Laughing

Even the Republican senator were like 'oh shit I can totally see him drunken assaulting someone' Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:56 pm

He had a period where was ok-ish but now he lost all credibility. Refused to answer too many direct questions, refused the fbi investigation, keeps saying he go grades in school for no reason, almost surely lied about never having blacked out and passing out because of drinking, etc.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:00 pm

They don't give a *bleep*

They'll claim this is the greatest disgrace since McCarthy and vote him through

And this psychopath high school bully extremist will be on the Supreme Court determining the frames of what is possible for decades

Jesus this is all so *bleep* up
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:02 pm

Sad to see how many people including women are defending him though.

Saw on msnbc where a republican woman with two teenage daughters said " That boys groping girls without consent is no big deal." while her girls nodded their head.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:06 pm

It is *bleep* up. The last 2 republican senators keep talking about how they "must understand the gravity of the situation" and how this is a disgrace, while at the same time they block all attempts to find out what happened.

All this nonsense being said by these self righteous senators about the "outrage", "due process", and "gravity of the situation" is the biggest bs in the world when they are the ones blocking the investigation and not calling in a key witness for testimony.

These last few years have exposed just how *bleep* up the bipartisan US system is and the complete lack of morals.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:09 pm

rincon wrote:
These last few years have exposed just how *bleep* up the bipartisan US system is and the complete lack of morals.

Yep.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:11 pm

All in all, a very, very interesting news story. It's very worthwile to watch the woman's testimony too, especially if you believe women makes such stuff up etc pp
There's absolutely no doubt that his happened Laughing
Everything adds up. The main exculpatory point they made is that the judge did not note the party where he tried to rape a girl in his calendar in detail Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:35 pm

It's crazy that people believe she and the other accusers are lying. You don't come before the Senate, on pain of perjury and overall ruin just to lie. You don't put yourself out there in all types of media if you weren't telling the truth. It's nuts. I believe them all. If Kavanaugh was unqualified before all of this came out, this hearing should leave no doubt now.

These Ivy league college parties have always been a good old boys club where girls are routinely assaulted, raped and at the very least, harassed. Hell even non-Ivy league colleges are like this here. This is part of the reason why I didn't go to a university when I graduated high school. I didn't want to be around that vibe.

Too bad Mazie Hirono is up there in years, she'd be my pick to take a run at Trump.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:04 pm

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 3 DoIJ13pU4AIGt25
perfect image
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:57 am

McLewis wrote:It's crazy that people believe she and the other accusers are lying. You don't come before the Senate, on pain of perjury and overall ruin just to lie. You don't put yourself out there in all types of media if you weren't telling the truth. It's nuts. I believe them all. If Kavanaugh was unqualified before all of this came out, this hearing should leave no doubt now.

These Ivy league college parties have always been a good old boys club where girls are routinely assaulted, raped and at the very least, harassed. Hell even non-Ivy league colleges are like this here. This is part of the reason why I didn't go to a university when I graduated high school. I didn't want to be around that vibe.

Too bad Mazie Hirono is up there in years, she'd be my pick to take a run at Trump.

Mazie is a brilliant woman who has close family ties with my own family, but I dont think her status as a proud buddhist would allow her to gain crossover with mainstream america. Even Obama, a man with loose ties with Christianity at best, had to play it up to relate to middle America.

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:38 am

Betty La Fea wrote:
McLewis wrote:It's crazy that people believe she and the other accusers are lying. You don't come before the Senate, on pain of perjury and overall ruin just to lie. You don't put yourself out there in all types of media if you weren't telling the truth. It's nuts. I believe them all. If Kavanaugh was unqualified before all of this came out, this hearing should leave no doubt now.

Mazie is a brilliant woman who has close family ties with my own family, but I dont think her status as a proud buddhist would allow her to gain crossover with mainstream america. Even Obama, a man with loose ties with Christianity at best, had to play it up to relate to middle America.

Yup, agreed and that's unfortunate. Her and Ted Lieu are 2 of my favorite Dems in Congress right now.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:39 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Watching the Kavanaugh hearing with Christine Blasey Ford testifying.
Interesting stuff.

Anyway, Kamala Harris has some serious star power. She's fantastic. I can definitively picture her achieving this, she basically looks and acts the way TV and movies have been imagining a good US president for many years now.
Still, I think the timing for 2020 is too early for her, though I assume she will try.

Also, I can't help but reiterate that I have a huge soft spot for Kirsten Gillibrand, almost the size of a crush. She's great. She could be president too.

Harris did really well. Such poise. I actually don't think it's too early at all for her to run. Obama ran as a junior senator from Illinois with barely 2 years of congressional experience under his belt and was still known largely for his community organizing when he won the nomination. Harris has already been a state attorney general and a district attorney. I think she's quite ready.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:31 pm

I think Kamala Harris is incredible really. Seems like an actual honest and good person. Her and Beto O'Rourke are the future of that party. Both are likeable and charismatic, and from my limited knowledge, they seem progressive.
–––
Also in regards to the Brett Kavanaugh hearing...

How many times is that dude allowed to commit perjury?
https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/kavanaugh/card/1538060501

It's absolutely ridiculous. Takes like five minutes with google to prove he lied on several occasions Laughing

Devil's triangel being a quarters game...
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:27 am

Unsurprising that the GOP-controlled Judiciary Cmte still voted to move forward with Kavanaugh's confirmation. Jeff Flake got, deservingly, lambasted outside of his office by sexual assault victims as well. Powerful stuff.

Red state Democrats are going to be under a ton of pressure to vote with the GOP on this one. I'm especially worried about Doug Jones in Alabama. He already appears to be showing signs that he forgot who put him in office over that pedophile Roy Moore.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:53 am

Freeza wrote:I think Kamala Harris is incredible really. Seems like an actual honest and good person. Her and Beto O'Rourke are the future of that party. Both are likeable and charismatic, and from my limited knowledge, they seem progressive.
–––
Also in regards to the Brett Kavanaugh hearing...

How many times is that dude allowed to commit perjury?
https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/kavanaugh/card/1538060501

It's absolutely ridiculous. Takes like five minutes with google to prove he lied on several occasions Laughing

Devil's triangel being a quarters game...
Kamala Harris is not the answer if you're looking for someone progressive. Shes a modern dem

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:41 am

Honestly, a moderate dem is what it will take to beat Trump anyway. This makes her an even better candidate for many.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:00 am

McLewis wrote:Honestly, a moderate dem is what it will take to beat Trump anyway. This makes her an even better candidate for many.
like Hillary?

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:36 am

Hillary was uniquely disliked. If we take out Trump, she's the most disliked person to ever run for president for a major party.

And she still won the popular vote. Someone who is like Hillary but appeals more broadly would definitely beat Trump.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:14 am

Clutch wrote:
McLewis wrote:Honestly, a moderate dem is what it will take to beat Trump anyway. This makes her an even better candidate for many.
like Hillary?

What BC said basically.

Harris is very similar in profile as a moderate Dem. She could potentially represent the nominee we needed in 2016 and the one we can get behind in 2020 minus all of the baggage Hillary brought.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:13 pm

I can agree with that. However, I think this is the chance for America to go more left than it usually does because moderate dems usually dont get anything done anyways. So why not go more left than usual?

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:12 am

Well traditional Dem (Boomers and the oldest Milennials) voters are still pretty center left. Younger Milennial Dems are naturally further to the left than their parents so I think that shift you're referring to will probably happen inevitably, but 2020 will be too early for that I believe. I don't think the Dems want to take chances with pushing independents to the right again so I think they'll go with a moderate again over someone to the left of that this time around.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next