Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

+28
The Demon of Carthage
Mamad
M99
Lex
Doc
elitedam
Adit
iftikhar
Young Kaz
Pedram
FennecFox7
sportsczy
The Madrid One
futbol_bill
RealGunner
rincon
CBarca
zigra
BarrileteCosmico
Blue
Freeza
Art Morte
Clutch
McLewis
VivaStPauli
Unique
futbol
Hapless_Hans
32 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 17 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Pedram Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:36 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Pedram wrote:Let's be honest the only reason black voters are sticking to Biden is because he was Obama's vice president.

Thats a pretty racist assumption Pedram.

It's true though whatever you like it or not, they're backing Biden out of loyalty not merit.

Because i can name at least 5 candidates who have better policies toward PoC's than him.

Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 17 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Freeza Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:36 pm

Young Kaz wrote:
Pedram wrote:Let's be honest the only reason black voters are sticking to Biden is because he was Obama's vice president.

Thats a pretty racist assumption Pedram.

Not far from the truth. Though I won't say if it's the entire truth.

You think if Obama came out against Biden his support wouldn't fall drastically?

There's a pretty big cult around Obama because he managed something so significant and achieved what many people thought to be impossible.

I just don't consider Biden to be an opt-in candidate for anyone. He's like the opt-out candidate really. And none of the other candidates have done enough to address the problems of minority communites aside from maybe Julian Castro who I feel is the best VP pick any candidate could make, since he seems to be in the spot for that alone.

___

Also regarding Pete Buttigieg Laughing

Has anyone seen all the psycho stuff about him from his youth. How he has been planning on becoming president since he was 6 years old. And how he berated olde women for not having their resumes on them looking for jobs or something?

I was fooled by him for a couple weeks I must say. He seems completely off right now and is the kind of dude who just adopt whatever populism he can grab onto to get some power.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:29 am

lmao wtf
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:34 am

WTF doesn't even begin to cover it Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:36 am

Can't wait until debates next year.

We'll have 2x 70-something year old senile men yelling at each other for 6 months and in the end everyone loses.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:00 am

Thats what happens when you allow 77 olds to run for president!! America is backwards in that regard. IMO 60 should be maximum age to run, maybe 65 but thats a stretch
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:46 pm

So Kamala Harris has dropped out of the race. Big news, but also expected. She was running out of money after donations dried up and her campaign was doomed by infighting that was brutally exposed in a piece by the Washington Post that was sourced by 50 insiders to her campaign. That was a fatal blow to her candidacy.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:53 pm

McLewis wrote:So Kamala Harris has dropped out of the race. Big news, but also expected. She was running out of money after donations dried up and her campaign was doomed by infighting that was brutally exposed in a piece by the Washington Post that was sourced by 50 insiders to her campaign. That was a fatal blow to her candidacy.

Wow. That'surprising news to me honestly, shocking even, but I wasn't up to date
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:24 am

Well I think it comes down to the fact that Warren, Sanders, Buttigieg, Biden, Yang and Klobuchar all have recognizable and distinguishable identities that define their campaigns. Harris lacked this and it hurt her significantly. She just couldn't decide what she wanted to be and that indecisiveness was a death knell to her campaign.

She's a fantastic politician and a real star in the Democrat Party, but she's just not ready for the top job. No shame in that. I'm sure we'll see her name pop up for VP or AG or some other cabinet position in the future. She also still has her responsibility as a senator as well. She still has a bright future.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:17 pm

McLewis wrote:Well I think it comes down to the fact that Warren, Sanders, Buttigieg, Biden, Yang and Klobuchar all have recognizable and distinguishable identities that define their campaigns. Harris lacked this and it hurt her significantly. She just couldn't decide what she wanted to be and that indecisiveness was a death knell to her campaign.

She's a fantastic politician and a real star in the Democrat Party, but she's just not ready for the top job. No shame in that. I'm sure we'll see her name pop up for VP or AG or some other cabinet position in the future. She also still has her responsibility as a senator as well. She still has a bright future.

I tend to agree, I found her performances wooden and unconvincing (I only watched late night show appearances tbh as I can't be bothered to watch debates yet, I was massively and emotionally involved in the primary and election 2008 but I'm not getting involved like that anymore Laughing).

She's very charming and likeable when she is being normal and jokes around, but when she delivers her messaging for my taste she becomes stale and uninspiring.

Also think that she did have a credibility problem with the left wing, what with her pretty law and order AG background and her joking around about weed and stuff, acting as if she was naturally loose and woke about that when everyone knows the zeitgeist of the Democrats has shifted to the left and the candidates are adapting.
Unlike Trump supporters and right wingers, the left wing recognizes discrepancies and hypocrisies and is bothered by it, that's always a strategic advantage the right wing, and Republicans in particular, will have, the mindset and the lack of intellectual honesty in their voters Laughing

And I'm not saying that posistions can't change, that politicians can't change, but I found it somewhat dishonest, and unneccessarily so, that she was trying to be so light hearted about being the cool black mom who has smoked weed and stuff and listens to Snoop, when the well informed Democratic base knows she actually put people in jail for minor possession, for a living, just like the rest of the justice system did. IMO she should have owned it more instead trying to pretend it's not an issue, but that's probably where I and professional political strategists and PR people disagree.

I would love Bernie to win it, now, but I think Warren would possibly the best candidate going forward. Not least because it is indeed time for a woman. I'd be overjoyed if she got the nomination.

Biden, my god, that would be so unbelievably depressing.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:21 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
McLewis wrote:Well I think it comes down to the fact that Warren, Sanders, Buttigieg, Biden, Yang and Klobuchar all have recognizable and distinguishable identities that define their campaigns. Harris lacked this and it hurt her significantly. She just couldn't decide what she wanted to be and that indecisiveness was a death knell to her campaign.

I tend to agree, I found her performances wooden and unconvincing (I only watched late night show appearances tbh as I can't be bothered to watch debates yet, I was massively and emotionally involved in the primary and election 2008 but I'm not getting involved like that anymore Laughing).

She's very charming and likeable when she is being normal and jokes around, but when she delivers her messaging for my taste she becomes stale and uninspiring.

Also think that she did have a credibility problem with the left wing, what with her pretty law and order AG background and her joking around about weed and stuff, acting as if she was naturally loose and woke about that when everyone knows the zeitgeist of the Democrats has shifted to the left and the candidates are adapting.
Unlike Trump supporters and right wingers, the left wing recognizes discrepancies and hypocrisies and is bothered by it, that's always a strategic advantage the right wing, and Republicans in particular, will have, the mindset and the lack of intellectual honesty in their voters Laughing

And I'm not saying that posistions can't change, that politicians can't change, but I found it somewhat dishonest, and unneccessarily so, that she was trying to be so light hearted about being the cool black mom who has smoked weed and stuff and listens to Snoop, when the well informed Democratic base knows she actually put people in jail for minor possession, for a living, just like the rest of the justice system did. IMO she should have owned it more instead trying to pretend it's not an issue, but that's probably where I and professional political strategists and PR people disagree.

I would love Bernie to win it, now, but I think Warren would possibly the best candidate going forward. Not least because it is indeed time for a woman. I'd be overjoyed if she got the nomination.

Biden, my god, that would be so unbelievably depressing.

You're absolutely right on Harris' authenticity problem. It's the same problem Hillary had during the 2016 primary. She looked utterly wooden and downright cringe-worthy with the delivery of what I can only assume was suppose to be zingers in the debates. Kamala was a lot better in interviews or joining panels, but not as much in front of crowds at rallies. I tend to think Kamala is a lot more personable than Hillary overall though. The problem is she (more specifically her campaign staff) didn't really embrace that so it fed into her lack of identity.

I think the biggest benefactor is Biden given his profile is similar to hers. Some of her supporters will likely find their way to Buttigieg, Booker and Klobuchar as well.

I still haven't really put any solid support behind any candidate myself. I'm learning towards Warren, but am not quite there. As horrific as Biden has been over the last week I'd hold my nose and vote for him in the general. There is no timeline where I see myself voting for him in in the primary though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:45 am

Her campaign was an absolute mess.

She's a great politician and this isn't the end for her, but holy shit did she run a terrible campaign.

She had way more going for her than most of the candidates and yet she's out before Yang and Buttigieg Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:35 pm

Lol what. All this man should be doing is sipping on hot cocoa with slippers on :facepalm:

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:27 pm

An absolute clown.

He challenged another guy to a fucking push-up contest because he asked him about Hunter. And people actually liked how Joe responded to him, calling him a fighter. He looks petty and ridiculous. And yet he's still the front runner. Bizarro world.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:32 am

Sanders endorsing Cenk will be the nail in his coffin.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:37 am

What an idiot. Does he think supporting a guy who denied the Armenian genocide in metro LA of all areas will be a plus for him?

Cenk was never going to win the 25th district, and Bernie just sandbagged himsef in California with this endorsement.

Absolute amateur hour.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:44 am

Young Kaz wrote:What an idiot. Does he think supporting a guy who denied the Armenian genocide in metro LA of all areas will be a plus for him?

Cenk was never going to win the 25th district, and Bernie just sandbagged himsef in California with this endorsement.

Absolute amateur hour.

Hasn't he apologized for it, though?

Brainwashing like that from a young age can be very effective to a person. And at least he has apologized for it.

You're supporting a guy who is essentially a war criminal in Biden while condemning Sanders for supporting a guy who has escaped being brainwashed.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:50 am

Freeza wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:What an idiot. Does he think supporting a guy who denied the Armenian genocide in metro LA of all areas will be a plus for him?

Absolute amateur hour.

Hasn't he apologized for it, though?

Brainwashing like that from a young age can be very effective to a person. And at least he has apologized for it.

You're supporting a guy who is essentially a war criminal in Biden while condemning Sanders for supporting a guy who has escaped being brainwashed.

He apologized for it while naming his media organization after the people who did it. Armenians still boycott and attack public events of his.

Why would Bernie endorse him outside of a him simply being someone who bent the knee for him. He killed his campaign with this.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:48 pm

The democrats in the US should take note of the UK and what happens when you nominate an extremist with low favorable ratings as your candidate.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:58 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The democrats in the US should take note of the UK and what happens when you nominate an extremist with low favorable ratings as your candidate.

That strategy worked well the last time.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:04 pm

When?

If you're talking about Hillary, she was the most disliked nominee the dems ever produced. The problem was not that she was a centrist, it was that she was Hillary.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:06 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:When?

If you're talking about Hillary, she was the most disliked nominee the dems ever produced. The problem was not that she was a centrist, it was that she was Hillary.

And even then she still got 3 million more votes than Trump.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:08 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:When?

Nominating another candidate who doesn't inspire a single soul is still not the way to go.

I think Biden is much more dangerous than Trump is tbh perfectly honest. Which is why I'd vote blank if I were American. Biden is corrupt, senile republican and wouldn't hesitate to start another war with that side of the isle. Not exactly what is needed in the world right now.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:11 pm

That's fine, there are other centrists also running. But if Warren or Sanders win then Trump will take the presidency.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:19 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:That's fine, there are other centrists also running. But if Warren or Sanders win then Trump will take the presidency.

Who? Buttigieg who during the last month changed every single opinion he ever had? Dude's a certified psycho.

There really isn't an alternative centrist. And I really don't see how you can compare the situation in UK to the US situation. Corbyn's problem wasn't his politics at all, it was that he was inept at navigating the media landscape.

If you think Joe Biden is going to go through a whole campaign against Trump and not get completely obliterated, then I'm not sure if we're seeing the same Joe Biden.

He's consistently the worst debater among democratic candidates. Continually acts creepy and like an total asshole.

I've still not heard anyone give a single good argument for Biden as a candidate. Everything supposedly for electing him is that he's "electable" despite him being a sell-out politically who's got a terrible presence.
It often just falls back on him being the best choice because he's supposedly the one who can beat Trump.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:28 pm

Looks like it's another trump victory lads.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next