Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

+28
The Demon of Carthage
Mamad
M99
Lex
Doc
elitedam
Adit
iftikhar
Young Kaz
Pedram
FennecFox7
sportsczy
The Madrid One
futbol_bill
RealGunner
rincon
CBarca
zigra
BarrileteCosmico
Blue
Freeza
Art Morte
Clutch
McLewis
VivaStPauli
Unique
futbol
Hapless_Hans
32 posters

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 28 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Young Kaz Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:13 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Young Kaz wrote:Bernie is totally not sexist.

Do you seriously not see how insane you sound? First of all, if you dumb democrats want to beat Trump, you have to attract voters from all sides of the spectrum. Having people like Joe Rogan on your side definitely helps with that.

Even if you (wrongly) think Rogan is sexist, you can't just discredit him entirely.

How are Democrats going to move forward and progress if you just cancel people and don't even want to have conversations with non-left people???? Conversation is the only way forward.

Some imbecile tweeted Rogan has no merit because he had Jordan Peterson and Milo Yiannopoulos on his podcast. He got 14k likes I think. So, again, you can't even have conversations anymore?! How are you going to arrive at a solution then if you don't talk? Its like republicans live in their bubble, democrats live in theirs and they let nobody in. These people are mad.

And thats what you do Betty. In your twisted mind you've now arrived at "Bernie is sexist" so he doesnt deserve to be president. People like you are sick. Isnt Warren going down the shitter now? Her dumb attack on Bernie was pretty much the nail to her coffin. And that CNN reporter assuming the worst of Bernie at the debate, even the audience lold, instead of uniting they just want to bring people down, it was all pre-planned like a WWE show and actually makes me like Bernie more

Whats insane is that a person like Sanders can signal boost getting an endorsement from a guy who says the things he does, yet signal boost and bitch about Trump not disavowing David Duke fast enough. Its BS and insane.

A democratic nominee, not even 4 years after Obama left office, is signal boosting the endorsement from a guy who called a black movie theater planet of the apes, and then bought into Trump's Birtherism bullshit:
Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 28 EPJLgVhX0AE5UTq

He goes on and on how he is against identity politics yet has a son who posts this:

Parroting dad's white worker class BS, yet we are "Against Identity Politics"

All he does is sit in the whitest state, acting like he doesnt have time for identity politics, while shitting on our party for not playing his identity politics.

I wont for vote him if hes the nominee.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 28 Empty Re: Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump?

Post by Young Kaz Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:16 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I'd like to apologize to you @Young Kaz for the insults and the namecalling the other day.
I got pretty angry about your posts, probably because I had wrong expectations about this, and you, yet it never makes sense to lose ones temper online. So, apologies, Betty.

its all love bro.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:07 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:
Blue wrote:<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">WEALTH INEQUALITY: The richest 1% controls more wealth now than at any time in more than 50 years. But what does wealth inequality really look like?<a href="https://twitter.com/tonydokoupil?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@TonyDokoupil</a> turned America’s economic pie into a real one and asked people a simple question: Who gets what? <a href="https://t.co/scGPKcHbie">pic.twitter.com/scGPKcHbie</a></p>— CBS This Morning (@CBSThisMorning) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBSThisMorning/status/1223224310413905921?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I really like this video. Very informative and quite disturbing.

Here's where I disagree with (or maybe I don't have enough information to truly grasp the whole thing):

First of all, why is the richest 1% holds more than 90% of the pie? Is it because they are working hard for it or is it because they are stealing it right from my own pockets?

Cause if they are working for it, I have absolutely no right to ask them to give me some. That's their money, and even though the world would be a much better place if we all cared for each other, helping out should remain a choice and not compelled by force.

Are they stealing it from my own pockets? I don't have the entire picture, but last time I checked, no, nobody is stealing from me.

Now, if we're talking about taxes, then sure, some of them are doing all the tricks under the sun to either lower or completely erase them, which is frankly disgusting. But that's another story.

We're talking purely about wealth here and whether it's unfair distribution is due to the 1% working their asses off for it or is it down to some kind of systematic disadvantages that it's so difficult to pinpoint.

Cause there's a fine line between demanding what it's yours by right and simply being envious of people who are doing better than you in life.

Yes the video is really great showing the wealth inequality in this country, in a way that easy to understand and grasp.

Yes in a they are stealing from your pockets, they are many examples i can give and some are unique to specific business.  But here is one, for example WalMart and Amazon do not pay adequate living wages to their workers. Most of them are on walfare and/or get some sort of government subsides so they can make ends meet. So basically us as taxpayers are paying and covering their workers wages so they can make ends meet. While Jeff Bazos and the Walton family get ever richer, while not only exploiting their workers, but also the taxpayers of this country.

This type of thievery also extends to sports. Think about all these great and beautiful stadiums/arena/parks built by professional teams. The great majority of it is primary funded by tax payers, while their seats are so expensive that the average person can not afford to attend. While the owners and their players get rich while using your money.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:50 pm

This is why I'm so reluctant to support moderate candidates like Biden, Bloomberg, Buttigieg and Klobuchar. A vote for them is essentially a vote for the status quo @Blue and the video shared outline.

Something's got to give here. Something has to change. Progressives like Sanders and Warren have agendas that bring that change. That appeals to me.

I didn't include Yang here as he's somewhere between moderate and progressive, but not comfortably in either camp. And Steyer....well he's not really anything to me.

I think what Democrat voters have to decide is do they focus on a candidate who can beat Trump or do they focus on a candidate who can bring the transformative change to the system that they've been crying out for? It's tempting (especially if you support Bernie) to say that both are achievable. In reality, I just don't think that's as straightforward a prospect.

My gut says that we need to focus on the immediate and that's Trump. Given he's going to be acquitted and thus above the law, getting him out of office must take priority. Moderate Democrat voters will not vote for Progressive candidates in primaries. I believe they will in the General if it comes to that. This much is clear. Black and Latinx voters are incredibly pragmatic voters. They do not vote on ideals and dreams. They vote on reality. That does not bode well for Progressives like Sanders.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:57 pm

You pretty well have summed up the dilemma. Go for Sanders or Warren results in another 4 years of Trump. Quite frankly with was has just happened this past week, the only one who can beat trump is Bloomberg.

IMO, the Democrats have to recognize the objective for this year has to beat Trump. If they stick with their principles they are will continue to be a powerless opposition only this time, Trump can do whatever he pleases.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:04 pm

Whats cute is that people think Bernie will stop the US war machine.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:21 pm

^^Homie went in.

Bernie's identity politics is the end of him.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:48 pm

Trump didnt erase what Obama did but Sanders will? Really?

And Biden is the dream candidate for minorities?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:57 pm

According to Betty there has been like 20 things who should be the end of Sanders. None of them have been.

Stop trying to deflect from Biden being a senile idiot.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:25 pm

Iowa primary tomorrow, haters will shut up on Tuesday. Molenation
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:28 pm

Come on America vote for Sanders
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:10 pm

Myesyats wrote:Trump didnt erase what Obama did but Sanders will? Really?

Sanders joins the party only in times in elections, goes to the south to pander to racists, and signal boosts the endorsement of a racist.

Biden is a dream compared to this guy.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:18 pm

tbf every minority sighs when sanders goes into his "it's not racial inequality that matters but economic inequality" talking point
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:26 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

tbf every minority sighs when sanders goes into his "it's not racial inequality that matters but economic inequality" talking point

Yet he is quick to pull the "IM WHITE WORKING CLASS BRO!"

Sanders can act like hes above identity politics, but he is quick to talk about the white working class and his roots with it.

He does this because he can.

He can because he lives in the whitest state.

If he had to answer to minorities often he'd have been voted out 25+ years ago because he comes across as a hustler.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:30 pm

See, I don't think Sanders is 100% wrong about that. He's 50% wrong.

For a person of color in this country, racial and economic equality are 2 sides of the same coin. One begets the other and both are incredibly hard to escape, no matter where you live.

I think where Bernie and voters of color diverge is that he believes solving economic inequality will inherently solve racial inequality. In theory, that's sound logic. In practice? It would not surprise me if it's a lot more messy and complex.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:12 pm

McLewis wrote:See, I don't think Sanders is 100% wrong about that. He's 50% wrong.

For a person of color in this country, racial and economic equality are 2 sides of the same coin. One begets the other and both are incredibly hard to escape, no matter where you live.

I think where Bernie and voters of color diverge is that he believes solving economic inequality will inherently solve racial inequality. In theory, that's sound logic. In practice? It would not surprise me if it's a lot more messy and complex.

Good post, and I think the tricky thing is that racism basically was invented to both naturalize and outsource the social inequality, or let's call it economic exploitation because that's what it is, that is inherent to capitalism.
Slavery is the epitome of that. Workers that work for free, and that can't demand higher wages, or unionize, or sue, as they're not considered to have rights as a species.

And going on from that, racial inequality has been doubly folded into the fabric of social inequality.
For every poor person, a black person is still poorer, be it in terms of housing value, education, wages, family structures, treatment by the justice system, etc.

That's why African-American theorists, like Ta-Nehisi Coates whom I admire very much, rightfully tend to get a bit annoyed when racism is seen as a mere appendix to capitalist exploitation. They are woven into each other, and some kind of racism, or mechanism of dehumanization, is integral to the functioning of exploitation
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:53 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

AFAIK Biden has never said anything worth of note about racial inequality

This is Biden's response to a question about racial inequality???? just senseless gibberish

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 28 Iuflkiblnrm31

I mean..... this man is absolutely DECREPIT.

Voting for him is as bad as voting for Trump.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:59 pm

Myesyats wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

AFAIK Biden has never said anything worth of note about racial inequality

This is Biden's response to a question about racial inequality???? just senseless gibberish

Who will be the Democrats' presidential candidate against Trump? - Page 28 Iuflkiblnrm31

I mean..... this man is absolutely DECREPIT.

Voting for him is as bad as voting for Trump.

Would Biden signal boost an endorsement from a guy who calls black people planet of the apes? hmm

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:06 am

Biden advocated for the 1994 crime bill, a bill that contributed to America's surging mass incarceration, which disproportionately affected black and brown people in this country. Biden has over the years bragged about it and defended it.

Biden described then-candidate Barack Obama in 2007 as an African-American who was “articulate and bright and clean.” Clean? As opposed to what?

He is a white savior too.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:11 am

Myesyats wrote:Biden advocated for the 1994 crime bill, a bill that contributed to America's surging mass incarceration, which disproportionately affected black and brown people in this country. Biden has over the years bragged about it and defended it.

Biden described then-candidate Barack Obama in 2007 as an African-American who was “articulate and bright and clean.” Clean? As opposed to what?

He is a white savior too.

All mainstream black leadership did, and Bernie voted for that bill too.

Why do you think minorities are supporting biden if hes so bad? Do you think you are, from a distance, more informed and smarter than ALL of them? Smile

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:28 am

Maybe they support him because he was the vice-president to Obama? other than that, I don't see how he's different from Sanders as far as racial issues go.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:29 am

Myesyats wrote:Maybe they support him because he was the vice-president to Obama? Because other than that, I don't see how he's different from Sanders as far as racial issues go.

He doesnt signal boost an endorsement from a guy who called them planet of the apes....isnt that pretty big?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:33 am

He called Obama a 'clean African-American' as opposed to all other people of African descent who are dirty?

Are we really going to keep circling back to this?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:38 am

Myesyats wrote:He called Obama a 'clean African-American' as opposed to all other people of African descent who are dirty?

Are we really going to keep circling back to this?

Yet African Americans are, overwhelmingly, supporting him and the first African American picked him as VP.

Why cant Bernie Sanders break through.

People dont want to see the answer staring them in the face. Theres a reason Bernie thumbs his nose up at "Identity politics" while talking about white working class roots, and theres a reason why his surrogates can boo hillary on stage last week, but remain quiet on him signal boosting an endorsement from a guy who called a black movie theater planet of the apes, and stated that maybe Arabs were inherently violent...lets be real about this.

Would a black(or Latino...or Asian) guy whose son lived with a mom on welfare because he refused to work for a living like the rest of us, and only accomplished naming two post offices in the 30+ years they had in congress have a bunch of people championing his cause by promising them free shit? Would a skinhead endorse them by talking about how authentic they are?

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:49 am

Joe Rogan is an average white American male. He represents what white America is. I'm sorry, but thats true. Biden is no different just because he worked with Obama. Rogan works with plenty of black folks too at UFC offices and had numerous dark skinned guests on his podcast that he openly admires.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Young Kaz Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:56 am

Myesyats wrote:Joe Rogan is an average white American male. He represents what white America is. I'm sorry, but thats true. Biden is no different just because he worked with Obama. Rogan works with plenty of black folks too at UFC offices and had numerous dark skinned guests on his podcast that he openly admires.

Hes a multimillionaire. Hes not the average anything. He represents white America about as well as you do sitting in a poor country like Poland. Lets be real here hes a privileged guy who lives a life the average white American would never ever ever get to see. You think hes sitting around waiting for a tax return like the average person here? Laughing

Biden is no different because he worked with Obama. Hes different because he, in 2020, isnt posting endorsements from guys who called theaters "the planet of the apes" just because some black people were there. The fact that the UFC employs blacks, or latinos, or whatever doesnt change this. Biden got his marching orders from a black man for years, and you still try to paint him as a bigot for writing the crime bill that Bernie voted for, and one that many other black people supported.

Young Kaz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 34 ... 40  Next