dmize
Art Morte
McLewis
CBarca
urbaNRoots
16 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 25, 2017 9:45 pm

Watching the Warriors vs Cavs game - and can't imagine how this Cavs team could challenge the Warriors in the finals, if that is to happen again.

The Cavs got James, but after that they're relying on their frigging center to hit threes. A scrub like Crowder or a has-been like Calderon aren't going to be anything in the finals. The Cavs' 2nd-unit has been carrying them this season, but that's not going to happen in the finals, good luck to them if even in the play-offs. Can't see LeBron getting another ring in this Cavs team. And to state the obvious, the Warriors are missing Curry and going basket-for-basket against the Cavs. No way this Cavs team would go basket-for-basket against the Warriors without Lebron.

Can you guys see a different finals than Warriors vs Cavs?

Edit. Just realized the Cavs are missing Thomas, too. Still, feels like they're up against it.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Luca Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:25 pm

I’d say they’ve overall improved with Crowder, IT, Wade and even Jeff Green who is underrated.

Overall though? Not even close to the Warriors

Just remember the 4-1 last season and how those games went. LeBron playing at his very best and most of those four wins were very comfortable ones.

This Warriors team has ruined he competitiveness of the league to be honest

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:35 pm

I'm not very up-to-date about these things. Any chance the Rockets could challenge the Warriors?

On another note: ridiculous refereeing in this Warriors vs Cavs game, LeBron getting two no-calls on obvious fouls near the end of the 4th. Disgusting refereeing in a game of this magnitude.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:38 pm

Luca wrote:I’d say they’ve overall improved with Crowder, IT, Wade and even Jeff Green who is underrated.

Overall though? Not even close to the Warriors

Just remember the 4-1 last season and how those games went. LeBron playing at his very best and most of those four wins were very comfortable ones.

This Warriors team has ruined he competitiveness of the league to be honest

Wade has been playing amazingly good ever since he got moved to the 2nd unit. Crowder looks shit to me, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:42 pm

No one is gonna get close to challenging Warriors.

Especially considering how they’ve got the referees on their side.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:46 pm

https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA/status/945422754181820417/photo/1
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:46 pm

Warriors just use their talent better.

Nobody is gonna convince me that Bell and McCaw are championship winning level starters.

Of course none of this matters when Curry gets back but their talent outside the obvious vastly over performs.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:50 pm

Well, its a lot easier to play with the open floor space that players like Durant, Thompson, Curry and Draymond create

Zaza a starting C for their championship last season kind of says it all

Their team is much uglier to watch without Curry though and I feel they're a bit more complacent in the regular season now, they're just too good

I don't really think Houston will beat them. I think San Antonio has the best chance and even then, I can't see them taking more than 2 games off the Warriors if everyone is healthy

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:53 pm

I know I say this after every Cavs-Warriors game but I have always felt LeBron doesn't maximise his team mates talent unless it's a catch and shoot guy.

I know nobody agrees but meh, you can't tell me that the Warriors role players wouldn't be significantly worse in Cleveland.

His ball dominant style isn't conclusive to team basketball, it's conclusive to him and what ever player he chooses to involve in any particular possession.

Not a coincidence his teams are always low on assists and passing overall.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:00 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I know I say this after every Cavs-Warriors game but I have always felt LeBron doesn't maximise his team mates talent unless it's a catch and shoot guy.

I know nobody agrees but meh, you can't tell me that the Warriors role players wouldn't be significantly worse in Cleveland.

His ball dominant style isn't conclusive to team basketball, it's conclusive to him and what ever player he chooses to involve in any particular possession.

Not a coincidence his teams are always low on assists and passing overall.

He can play great assists and has this season, in Thomas's absence when he's taken over PG duties at times. He's averaging 2 assists more this season than in his career. It's got more to it than just catch-and-shoot assists. I'd say it's a two-sided coin: James's teammates are too accustomed to expecting him to go 1-vs-1 and then play a catch-and-shoot pass and he is too happy with that, too. It's hard for their game to evolve when those are the expectations.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:02 pm

LeBron has always been a point guard though. Anyone who calls Ben Simmons a point guard and says LeBron is not is just weird to me.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:36 pm

I think that's also because LeBron doubles as each team's manager

Kerr has the team playing a great style of basketball because of how their offence moves the ball and sets up. Not that the Cavs or any of LeBron's teams have to mimic the Warriors, but have you seen a LeBron team that played great offensive basketball? I can't think of a team that has really looked like that type of team- the Warriors, the Suns with Nash, the Spurs, even the Mavericks when they won the championship against LeBron's heat.

This is nonsense about LeBron's team mates though. He played with prime Wade and Bosh, who were absolutely unreal players at the time and at Cleveland hes had Kyrie, and Kevin Love? The supporting cast has definitely been there. Even now, they've swapped Kyrie for IT and a much better supporting group of players. Last season you had players like Richard Jefferson at 36 playing a sizable role with the Cavs. They had one of the worst benches in the NBA. This season they have most definitely changed that.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:06 am

Beginning to think Kuzma should be rookie of the year.
If I had a vote he’s got it so far. Mitchell at 2nd, Tatum at 3 and Ball at 4
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:34 pm

Freeza wrote:Beginning to think Kuzma should be rookie of the year.

If Simmons didn't exist or didn't count as a rookie? In my opinion, he shouldn't

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Dec 26, 2017 2:36 pm

Luca wrote:

If Simmons didn't exist or didn't count as a rookie? In my opinion, he shouldn't

Simmons isn’t a rookie so I wouldn’t vote for him if I had a vote. He was healthy all of last season.

Still, he’s not far ahead of Kuzma and Mitchell anymore imo.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:04 pm

Pretty sure Simmons won the award in October but this is turning out to be a really good rookie class, to even think that Fultz isn't even a reason for it

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:16 pm

Markkanen going to blow everyone away after New Year Cool
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:26 am

Freeza wrote:This whole Kris Dunn stuff just shows you how awful Thibs is as a coach. Bench might not be the problem.

Another 20, 12, 4 steals, 2 blocks for the real KD tonight in a W over the Bucks. He seemed like the ideal Thibs player too but the guy just has no clue how to help young guys adjust to the NBA. I forgot Thibs drafted a lotto pick this past draft.. he's been in the G-League most of the year Laughing

Seems like he's in another Bulls treadmill situation unless KAT hits his absolute ceiling.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:40 am

I doubt any draft pick would make Thibs’ 6 man rotation. I would love to know his reasoning for having the shortest bench, loading minutes in this way at this time when he has a very formidable starting 5.

Maybe it’s some master plan because come playoff time, virtually all teams play a shorter rotation of players. That’s if, his players don’t burn out by then by playing 40 minutes a night.

The Bulls are a great story right now. If they continue like this when LaVine is back, it’ll be a fun team to watch going forward

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:46 am

Luca wrote:
The Bulls are a great story right now. If they continue like this when LaVine is back, it’ll be a fun team to watch going forward

Yeah only downside is they are likely playing themselves out of a top 3 or 5 pick but having your young guys learn to win is probably just as important.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:55 am

Not yet they aren’t, they’re still just 11-22 despite being 8-2 in their last 10. I think it will balance out

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:04 pm

dmize wrote:
Luca wrote:

Yeah only downside is they are likely playing themselves out of a top 3 or 5 pick but having your young guys learn to win is probably just as important.

The draft system, how it rewards team for losing, is so bad, imo. I've watched mostly Bulls games this season and occasionally lurk the Bulls section on RealGM and I find it both funny and sad how their fans are genuinely pissed off now that they're winning games instead of tanking. I just can't imagine myself supporting any sports team and hoping them to lose. Plus usually at least one of the top-3 or even top-2 draft picks end up being a bust. Wanting your team to lose games for that is just mad.

The draft should be changed so that the first 14 picks are randomly drawn between the 14 teams that didn't make the playoffs and the rest randomly drawn among the playoff teams.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:23 pm

Kidd HAS to go. Now.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:28 am

Art Morte wrote:
dmize wrote:
Luca wrote:

The draft system, how it rewards team for losing, is so bad, imo. I've watched mostly Bulls games this season and occasionally lurk the Bulls section on RealGM and I find it both funny and sad how their fans are genuinely pissed off now that they're winning games instead of tanking. I just can't imagine myself supporting any sports team and hoping them to lose. Plus usually at least one of the top-3 or even top-2 draft picks end up being a bust. Wanting your team to lose games for that is just mad.

The draft should be changed so that the first 14 picks are randomly drawn between the 14 teams that didn't make the playoffs and the rest randomly drawn among the playoff teams.

I agree the draft system is flawed but as the rules are right now... I think tanking is the most efficient way to get a star player. The alternative is ending up like the Atlanta Hawks of a few years ago and being a treadmill team with no future. I'd much rather bottom out completely. Obviously there's great players to be found in the teens and outside of the lotto but I'd much rather take my chances with a Luka Doncic, Marvin Bagley, DeAndre Ayton, Porter Jr, Mo Bamba or Trae Young than say Nick Richards or Ham Diallo(guys who could go late lottery).

I think they've already voted to change the draft system but I haven't really read into how it's going to work yet.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:32 am

It’s basically the same system with more even odds for everyone in the lottery.

Think each draft class will continue to be amazing because of the NBA’s increased popularity. Hopefully I’ll get that Danish player at some point Sad
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:37 am

Incredible how shit we are without Lonzo. Absolutely incredible.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next