rincon
Bankz
sportsczy
57 posters

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Barca on Ousmane Dembele - Page 8 Empty Re: Barca on Ousmane Dembele

Post by Freeza Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:35 pm

It's clear to anyone who's seen him play that he's going to be an absolute star. Sad that Barca got him. He's worth the transfer imo.

Also get away with that black players early bloomers racist shit Laughing

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:38 pm

Dany clearly isn't alone mind , you see it all the time that most people tend to be very against young players who haven't proven much.

The amount of times you see someone being put down for being hyped up and much prefer going towards proven commodities even if they are not good enough.

Aka the safe option, the whole meme around " Premier League proven " exists for a reason.

The majority seem to prefer proven average than potential excellence but the possibility of it going badly.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:00 am

LOLwtf most football fans knew of Dembele when he started tearing people up with Dortmund. Its not like he was in a French second division club, he was one of the best players for one of the best teams in Bundesliga who is also a very popular football club worldwide.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:36 am

Dembele didn't come out of nowhere lol. In fact, he was Mbappe before Mbappe, but on a smaller scale.

I just looked at his appearances for Rennes and this is what I found:

Makes his debut on November 6, 2015. Matchday 13. He came on in the 86th minute. Before that he wasn't even called up to the squad.

Makes his starting debut on November 22, 2015, and he scores on his debut. He then alternates between starting and playing on the bench until matchday 18, December 19, 2015, that's when he became a starter.

From matchday 18 (Dec 19, 2015) to matchday 32 (April 2, 2016), he scores 11 goals in 14 matches. For an 18 year old who just came onto the scene that was a great return.

He didn't score or assist in his last 6 games of the season, but looking at the results, the entire team was also at fault. Rennes got trashed in like half of those matches. Laughing

Anyhow he got hype because of that good form and Urban made a thread regarding his breakout:
http://www.goallegacy.net/t39233-ousmane-dembele?highlight=dembele

He was linked to big clubs, but I remember reading he wanted a stepping stone club before joining one of the big teams and he chose Dortmund.

And at Dortmund he was very good. 10 goals and 20 assists is an impressive return, for a 19 year old playing his first full season at the top level in a different country.

He started off as a winger and impressed with his technical skills. I believe he racked up a fair bit of assists early on. Tuchel thought he could do more so he moved him to the middle, and Dembele impressed even more over there.

Replacing Neymar was always going to be difficult, but honestly Dembele was the best option IMO.

He's a complete attacker who IMO has Ballon d'or level talent.

- One of the best dribblers in the world.

- He's quick.

- He's versatile. He can play anywhere in the attacking third.

- Created the second most clear cut chances in the Bundesliga (17). Forsberg was first with 18.

- Is uniquely ambidextrous. He's legitimately comfortable with both his feet. How many players in history were like that at the top level?

Like most young players his decision making and finishing can be iffy at times, but he's joining the GOAT decision maker, I'm sure with experience and the talent he's playing beside that aspect will be improved.

And I mean let's not act like Nerman had the best decision making either. He was probably the most dispossessed player in the world last season, and his finishing wasn't amazing either.  

Dembouz is the future. Dembouz is the truth.

Barca on Ousmane Dembele - Page 8 Giphy

Accept it. :coffee:
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:48 am

danyjr wrote:The guy was signed for half what Barcelona are going to pay for bonuses alone, a year ago! €15m, that is. You're telling me he's achieved so much in a year to be worth ten times that amount? BVB milked Barcelona hard and they'll be laughing about it for years Laughing
Well compared to Dembele's 90M increase Neymar went 137M more, a record value increase in football history. Goat milking right there? hmm
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:23 pm

Jup, that's simply the truth. From a sporting perspective, swapping Neymar for Dembele is a step down, at least for the foreseeable future. Can't deny it. But when you look at the numbers side of things, Neymar and his dad were robbing Barcelona left, right and center every chance they got. The shear amount of money his dad got since the move to Barcelona was finalized, is rediculous.

So yeah, not happy we made this 'swap' but it just all happened and (when solely looking at the transfer sums) Barca made a good buck on Neymar. Also, I'm sure Dembele won't be making the amount of money (at first) that Neymar was making when he left.

Would have preferred Neymar to stay where he was as the sporting side of things is simply more important to me than the financials, but yeah.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:26 pm

That's a very important thing. The wages Neymar cost Barca already at his young age were ridiculous, Dembélé will get infinitely less, if I had to guess I'd say probably 5m net or something compared to Neymar's 25m net.
So that's another 40m saved per year which can invested in wages for other good players.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:37 pm

seems a lot of money but will payoff long term IMO

much better than dropping the same money on Coutinho anyway
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:42 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:That's a very important thing. The wages Neymar cost Barca already at his young age were ridiculous, Dembélé will get infinitely less, if I had to guess I'd say probably 5m net or something compared to Neymar's 25m net.
So that's another 40m saved per year which can invested in wages for other good players.

Excellent point this. Neywhore leaving saga might turn out to be blessing in disguise.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:25 pm

danyjr wrote:People will laugh at this thread in the foreseeable future.

Who is this guy? Did half of you whom are over the moon for some reason, had even heard of him 2 months ago? Laughing

The guy was signed for half what Barcelona are going to pay for bonuses alone, a year ago! €15m, that is. You're telling me he's achieved so much in a year to be worth ten times that amount? BVB milked Barcelona hard and they'll be laughing about it for years Laughing

Granted, I haven't watched him apart from a CL match last season. But from the highlights I have watched he seems extremely immature and inefficient despite having glimpse of being a skilled footballer. I'm not sure about his antics either.

Spoiler:

This is a fair assessment minus that last part obviously, a lot on here talking I'm sure they wasn't really watching dembele much either just like they weren't watching mbappe but because their so hyped now everybody as usual as always knew etc, reading potential like its on a piece of paper and predicting future like its nothing, then all you gonna end up with is the isco scenario where fans and media will praised him for the sake of justifying all that potential talk like right now... same shit.

Not saying dembele or mbappe are bad players but this instant gratification and confirmation, is clearly ruining footy everything seems like hype and marketing with every casual pleb writing omg so good etc, instead of discussing whats going on the pitch.

eg isco sucked ass under Carlo, then Rafa and zidane, the team won fine without him, gets couple games he makes Madrid better and it's a midfield 4 instead 3 etc, guy gets a shit ton of praise for doing the same shit that got him benched in the first place, but since everyone predict he was gonna be the best player on the team from the beginning, they rather just always lie and pretend no matter how the game actually goes for confirmation and gratification, similar for higs,cr,bale,messi can play like crap in a lot of games but always get commentary or fans just saying omg so good, even nothing particular is going on its bs.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:35 pm

Madvillain wrote:Jup, that's simply the truth. From a sporting perspective, swapping Neymar for Dembele is a step down, at least for the foreseeable future. Can't deny it. But when you look at the numbers side of things, Neymar and his dad were robbing Barcelona left, right and center every chance they got. The shear amount of money his dad got since the move to Barcelona was finalized, is rediculous.

So yeah, not happy we made this 'swap' but it just all happened and (when solely looking at the transfer sums) Barca made a good buck on Neymar. Also, I'm sure Dembele won't be making the amount of money (at first) that Neymar was making when he left.

Would have preferred Neymar to stay where he was as the sporting side of things is simply more important to me than the financials, but yeah.
Yeah, practically we will have two world class players money wise, 100M+ transfer and salary, to fill Neymar. And considering how bad Iniesta needs replacement and we'll get one, this will make Barca actually better overall.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:33 pm

Personally definitely prefer Dembele over Coutinho, although havent watched both a lot, Dembele looks to have the better potential/talent and is younger, more versatile. Coutinho isnt even a regular starter for Liverpool/Brazil, so his overall game must be limited in some areas.

So am happy we got Dembele under the circumstances. Worthwhile or not will need to wait while to see.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:42 pm

We'll probably get both.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:06 pm

Firenze wrote:seems a lot of money but will payoff long term IMO

much better than dropping the same money on Coutinho anyway

Coutinho may still come aswell though
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:03 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Coutinho isnt even a regular starter for Liverpool/Brazil

What?
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:47 pm

I don't even understand the criticism of my post. I didn't say he was a shit player, I said he wasn't worth anywhere near the amount of money Barcelona dashed out for him, and I stand by it.

A one season wonder at the age of 20, if we assume he was a wonder last season that is, is not worth €130 million. It was an act of desperation from Barcelona, for the president to cool off the heat from the Neymar sale and a poor previous season.

As some people have mentioned, Dembélé is a downgrade on Neymar. Best case scenario for Barcelona would be that he'll be just as good as Neymar in a couple of years. And in the worst case scenario he will be €130 million down the drain and a lot of humiliation.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:24 am

Just like chad said, watch how everybody will now try to maintain what they said even if he turns out to be a disaster or a headless chicken ala di maria. Barca could have just signed mbappe ffs. Its clear as night and day how better mbappe is to dembele. Oh, well.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:24 am

Just like chad said, watch how everybody will now try to maintain what they said even if he turns out to be a disaster or a headless chicken ala di maria. Barca could have just signed mbappe ffs. Its clear as night and day how better mbappe is to dembele. Oh, well.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:34 am

The difference in talent between Mbappe and Dembele is not that big... both are phenoms.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:44 am

agreed. both unfinished products. time can only tell.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:03 am

The advantage Mbappe has over Dembele is that he's a natural scorer... Dembele's advantage is that he's completely two footed.

And Mbappe is only 18 compared to 20 for Dembele.

Mbappe is really unique... which is why he cost 50 mil more lol.

But in terms of raw talent, it's not that different. I just think Mbappe has a very high football IQ at a very young age, which makes him really exciting.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:17 am

Myesyats wrote:
CBarca wrote:Trading Neymar for Dembele + 70m rofl

Dembele who hasn't done a damn thing 70m less than Neymar, one of the greatest players in the world

True, how are you gonna feed your family now that all the money from your account went to Dembele....

Why do people care so much about the price (especially in 2017), to the point where it seems like it's your own money that you needed to survive until the end of the month? Laughing

Hate when people say this, regardless of my opinion on the price, this is absolutely awful logic.

"Fans shouldn't care about price, it's not their money" oh *bleep* off. The reason why you care is because each club doesn't have infinite funds. Barca has a lot of money, as does Madrid, as do many big clubs, but you still have to spend responsibly and clubs try to. 40m for Paulinho is 40m less available for a quality midfielder, or 40m less that can go to wages, or 40m less for future stadium renovations.

If you care about the club and how they do, it's natural for people to care about the price. No, I don't worry for my own wallet, but for the wallet for a club I care about.

Not sure how it's that hard of a concept.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:37 am

Just to summarize...  you could have done a lot worse spending that kind of money than on a talent like Dembele.  At the age of 19-20, he had 10 goals and 15 assists in his first full pro season (that's the crazy part).  He was dominant at times. This season, he looked more at ease before going on strike too... Dortmund had made him their attacking focal point and given him the number 10.

Imagine spending 100 mil or so on Lukaku or Morata... that's worth crying about.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:40 am

the different is in decision making from what i have seen of both. you have one player that converts everything he touches into goals, doesn't miss passes, runs into the right lane, make the right runs etc... repeatedly, while the other takes a lot of gambles, turns the ball over a lot, doesn't always make the right play, the right pass etc...

both are talented, but that's the state of where they are right now.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:16 am

Bankz wrote:Its clear as night and day how better mbappe is to dembele. Oh, well.

I would bet my left nut that you barely seen both of them actually play apart from Youtube.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:20 am

Myesyats wrote:
Bankz wrote:Its clear as night and day how better mbappe is to dembele. Oh, well.

I would bet my left nut that you barely seen both of them actually play apart from Youtube.

Mbappe is clearly the bigger talent.

Dembele is amazing though and I wish we'd gotten him.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next