footyfan01
BarrileteCosmico
zigra
LeVersacci
M99
38 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 38 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by El Gunner Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:11 pm

rincon wrote:Yeah, we are gonna get more info on him currently, and see him more of course, but we already got his backstory.

That scene at the last hearth was excellent. The NK/White Walkers never disappoint in being terrifying. I think we are gonna get more Hardhome vibes from the next two episodes.

Okay, maybe not more backstory, but just more about his current motivations.

El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 38 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:18 pm

The episode had a lot of terrible dialogue and useless moments, seriously, the show has degraded and is well past its prime. Still gonna watch it though, though its pretty evident that its a farcry of what it once was.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:22 pm

El Gunner wrote:
rincon wrote:Yeah, we are gonna get more info on him currently, and see him more of course, but we already got his backstory.

That scene at the last hearth was excellent. The NK/White Walkers never disappoint in being terrifying. I think we are gonna get more Hardhome vibes from the next two episodes.

The biggest question is why now? Why were they MIA for a thousand years and invading now?

If that transformation scene is all the backstory we get...the kindest thing I can say is that would be disappointing.

Much as I admire Tolkien, and I do admire Tolkien — he’s been a huge influence on me, and his Lord of the Rings is the mountain that leans over every other fantasy written since and shaped all of modern fantasy — there are things about it, the whole concept of the Dark Lord, and good guys battling bad guys, Good versus Evil, while brilliantly handled in Tolkien, in the hands of many Tolkien successors, it has become kind of a cartoon. We don’t need any more Dark Lords, we don’t need any more, ‘Here are the good guys, they’re in white, there are the bad guys, they’re in black. And also, they’re really ugly, the bad guys. **George R. R. Martin
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:28 pm

Kaladin wrote:The episode had a lot of terrible dialogue and useless moments, seriously, the show has degraded and is well past its prime. Still gonna watch it though, though its pretty evident that its a farcry of what it once was.
Which parts in particular?

I am a critic of the later seasons as discussed previously but I didn't have much of an issue with most of this episode. I thought most of the dialogue was on point , and all the interactions were needed. Which do you think were fluff?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:35 pm

M99 the wildlings said that Mance woke them when
M99 wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

The biggest question is why now? Why were they MIA for a thousand years and invading now?

If that transformation scene is all the backstory we get...the kindest thing I can say is that would be disappointing.

Much as I admire Tolkien, and I do admire Tolkien — he’s been a huge influence on me, and his Lord of the Rings is the mountain that leans over every other fantasy written since and shaped all of modern fantasy — there are things about it, the whole concept of the Dark Lord, and good guys battling bad guys, Good versus Evil, while brilliantly handled in Tolkien, in the hands of many Tolkien successors, it has become kind of a cartoon. We don’t need any more Dark Lords, we don’t need any more, ‘Here are the good guys, they’re in white, there are the bad guys, they’re in black. And also, they’re really ugly, the bad guys. **George R. R. Martin
i think George might do this justice in the books, but the show runners seem more interested in wrapping up the story successfully. This detail would be nice but developing the NK into a semi sympathetic character where we truly understand what drives him would take a significant amount of effort and we only got 5 episodes left.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:37 pm

M99 wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

Yep I agree that's the biggest question. My guess is the appearance of Craster and Daenerys. Those two allowed him to build an army and obtain the dragon needed to break the wall.

On the other stuff, the NK isn't a tolkien style dark lord, or a dark lord at all. He is the product of humans conquering and waging war on nature and others. I see that totally in line with GRRM's pacifist themes about showing the awful aspects of war. The First Men went to cut everything down, disrupt the children, nature and the old gods, and they got a weapon of mass destruction set against them for their troubles. The NK is as much a product of the humans as he is of the children. IMO that's the point of their story.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:59 pm

rincon wrote:
On the other stuff, the NK isn't a tolkien style dark lord, or a dark lord at all. He is the product of humans conquering and waging war on nature and others. I see that totally in line with GRRM's pacifist themes about showing the awful aspects of war. The First Men went to cut everything down, disrupt the children, nature and the old gods, and they got a weapon of mass destruction set against them for their troubles. The NK is as much a product of the humans as he is of the children. IMO that's the point of their story.

I hope that is not all there is to it. That is as generic as generic can be.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:10 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Kaladin wrote:The episode had a lot of terrible dialogue and useless moments, seriously, the show has degraded and is well past its prime. Still gonna watch it though, though its pretty evident that its a farcry of what it once was.
Which parts in particular?

I am a critic of the later seasons as discussed previously but I didn't have much of an issue with most of this episode. I thought most of the dialogue was on point , and all the interactions were needed. Which do you think were fluff?

Cersei incessantly obsessing over elephants
Jon and Dany how to train your dragon
The Hound and Arya's reunion was a massive letdown
The whole scene with Tormund and the Lord of Light fella

A whole bunch of nothing happened. the parts i liked was Yarafinally getting out and the Jon reveal. It feels like this episode was just stalling for Jaimie to arrive.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:14 pm

Weird rant. Knowing GoT, I expected the opening episode to be slow paced witha bunch of reunions happening. The show has gotten predictable but they've done the most they could with the first ep. Apart from the dragon date, I think everything else was pretty good.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:05 pm

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 38 Rriewsgh1is21

He's got to be one of the biggest pos of the series Laughing

Season 6: Refuses to fight the Boltons, comes to Winterfell with his tail between his legs after Jon wins.
Season 7: Starts bitching about Jon, wants to crown Sansa.
Season 8: Won't fight white walkers.

HOUSE GLOVER STOOD WITH HOUSE STARK FOR A THOUSAND YEARS kthnxbye
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:54 pm

Would've made more sense for Dany and Jon to fly to the glovers and force him to march

Would've made more sense to find something to eat

Or anything else other than what we got really lol
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:57 pm

I still can't get over how lightly everyone treated the wall breaking.

The wall that they talked about for 7 years like it was the greatest thing ever made (which it was in GOT lore). Stood for thousands of years. It just broke through. No one commented. Daenerys' dragon got turned. No one commented.

I hope this gets addressed in the 2nd episode.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:07 pm

Kaladin wrote:
Cersei incessantly obsessing over elephants
Jon and Dany how to train your dragon
The Hound and Arya's reunion was a massive letdown
The whole scene with Tormund and the Lord of Light fella

A whole bunch of nothing happened. the parts i liked was Yarafinally getting out and the Jon reveal. It feels like this episode was just stalling for Jaimie to arrive.

Cersei had 2 lines about elephants Laughing

The Tormund and Edd scene was good, it was a decent scare and reminded us of the true threat.

Arya and the Hound I agree fell flat. I think the lines were in character though, just Maisie not being a great actress
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:31 pm

RealGunner wrote:I still can't get over how lightly everyone treated the wall breaking.

The wall that they talked about for 7 years like it was the greatest thing ever made (which it was in GOT lore). Stood for thousands of years. It just broke through. No one commented. Daenerys' dragon got turned. No one commented.

Reminds me, something veryyyyyy interesting got revealed in Fire and Blood.

Dragons cannot cross the Wall. Queen Alysanne Targaryen who visited The Wall tried to cross it with her dragon but they were unable or refused to go.

Makes me even more curious on what GRRM's plan is in the books. Shame we'll never read it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:33 pm

Oh wow. Didn't know that.

Also the "dragons aren't eating" is definitely something big. It's possible they hate the north.

But i really think Bran has been warging into the dragons.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:31 pm

Re-watched the episodes. Really think the last 20 minutes are some riveting stuff.

The first 25 were fine

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:39 pm

M99 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:I still can't get over how lightly everyone treated the wall breaking.

Reminds me, something veryyyyyy interesting got revealed in Fire and Blood.

Dragons cannot cross the Wall. Queen Alysanne Targaryen who visited The Wall tried to cross it with her dragon but they were unable or refused to go.

Makes me even more curious on what GRRM's plan is in the books. Shame we'll never read it.
This conflicts with GRRM's "The series is 97% faithful to the books relative to most other adaptations" we just got, but very interesting nonetheless
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:42 am

Never would've guessed that it would be Cersei who would make me laugh the most in this episode. Whole scene with Euron was hilarious.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:55 am

What a massive disappointment Euron is turning out to be people. (Sorry Freeza) Have to say, a very cartoonish villain. May be it’s because the expectation is pretty big. The hype surrounding his character before he was introduced was too much. Anyway the guy is like a bad imitation, a proper clown. In his defense he didn’t get as much build up and back story as a Jofrey or a Ramsay, and he was introduced way later when the show was entering the end, and most importantly the writing was done by the scrubs Dan and David, but even still. The lack of screen time especially is a pointless excuse considering we had GOAT villains like Karl Turner and Locke already with even lesser time to shine. Sigh.
The thing is a great portrayal of Euron Greyjoy would have done so much for the show, especially now, since Cersei has only basically him and only a couple of others by her side. We, as viewers would have bought somewhat into Cersei’s stupidity and casualness with regard to her approach towards WW, if there was a badass Ramsay like Euron fighting for her. Would have given them an air of unpredictability.  Now I know writers will still give them stupid plot armours and make them win battles they shouldn’t be winning and all but. It could have been done much better.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:18 am

Glory wrote:What a massive disappointment Euron is turning out to be people. (Sorry Freeza) Have to say, a very cartoonish villain. May be it’s because the expectation is pretty big. The hype surrounding his character before he was introduced was too much. Anyway the guy is like a bad imitation, a proper clown. In his defense he didn’t get as much build up and back story as a Jofrey or a Ramsay, and he was introduced way later when the show was entering the end, and most importantly the writing was done by the scrubs Dan and David, but even still. The lack of screen time especially is a pointless excuse considering we had GOAT villains like Karl Turner and Locke already with even lesser time to shine. Sigh.
The thing is a great portrayal of Euron Greyjoy would have done so much for the show, especially now, since Cersei has only basically him and only a couple of others by her side. We, as viewers would have bought somewhat into Cersei’s stupidity and casualness with regard to her approach towards WW, if there was a badass Ramsay like Euron fighting for her. Would have given them an air of unpredictability.  Now I know writers will still give them stupid plot armours and make them win battles they shouldn’t be winning and all but. It could have been done much better.

Agree with all of this. Euron has disappointed me.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:01 pm

There is no one left from Dorne is there?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:58 am

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:15 pm

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 38 57852273_132696127791449_2797737612100501504_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-sin2-2
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:19 pm

Also am impressed/ surprised that at no point after being revealed who he is, the thought that he is banging his own aunt crossed Jon's mind.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:08 pm

Something interesting is being glossed over. Qyburn told Bronn Cersei has "other plans" for Daenerys.

I think she's gonna hire the Faceless Men.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:52 pm

M99 wrote:Something interesting is being glossed over. Qyburn told Bronn Cersei has "other plans" for Daenerys.

I think she's gonna hire the Faceless Men.

Jaqen to return?

But yea that's quite interesting.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next