footyfan01
BarrileteCosmico
zigra
LeVersacci
M99
38 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 37 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by M99 Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:33 pm

RealGunner wrote:Damn. I was hoping Night king would be a secret targaryen ffs

We've seen the Night King as a human.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMZ9y4jahHs

Its the time of the First Men's arrival in Westeros, wayyyyy before the Targaryens. Wouldn't be surprised if he is a Stark ancestor.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 37 Empty Re: GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:50 pm

I just hope The Night's king isn't just a generic bad guy trying to turn the entire westeros into his army. That would be awful.

With the way he has been eyeing jon, carefully manipulating Daenerys (possibly?) into bringing her dragons so he can steal one and then the entire Bran affair. It really looks like he has a reason to do all of this.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:53 pm

Speaking of Bran. I am sure he won't even bring that pushing out of the tower thing up lol. He doesn't care about that anymore since he isn't Bran. But it's interesting how Daenerys (killed her dad), Stark kids (crippled bran) and Brienne (probably wants angry sex from him) will all react to the news. I am sure that will be the main plot line in the next episode

Still curious why Bran called him an old friend. He must have a plan for Jaime?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:55 pm

RealGunner wrote:I just hope The Night's king isn't just a generic bad guy trying to turn the entire westeros into his army. That would be awful.

With the way he has been eyeing jon, carefully manipulating Daenerys (possibly?) into bringing her dragons so he can steal one and then the entire Bran affair. It really looks like he has a reason to do all of this.

Exactly, a satisfying backstory and explanation to the Night King and his objectives is a main plotline that I want to be answered this season.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:03 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha8Qsx6_OBw
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:05 pm

IIRC we know that the night king was a human that the children of the forest turned into a weapon to destroy humans in their war as a last resort.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:06 pm

One of the worst opening episodes
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:30 pm

Kaladin wrote:One of the worst opening episodes

Agreed. One of the worst 8 imo
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:45 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Found the Dragon riding scene laughable.

Rest of the episode was basically fan service. Most of the reunions were meh other than Sam and Jon. Found it really weird Daenerys barely reacted to Viserion turning into a zombie dragon

agreed witrh this, it was alright overall and at the end I was like huh? thought I was only halfway done.

Liked the Sam and Dany scene. Pretty weak opener though and I guess just got people where they need to be.

Also why does Jamie have dark hair suddenly? I guess that he;s getting old but didn't see a trace of Blonde hmm
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:54 pm

Firenze wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Found the Dragon riding scene laughable.

Rest of the episode was basically fan service. Most of the reunions were meh other than Sam and Jon. Found it really weird Daenerys barely reacted to Viserion turning into a zombie dragon

agreed witrh this, it was alright overall and at the end I was like huh? thought I was only halfway done.

Liked the Sam and Dany scene. Pretty weak opener though and I guess just got people where they need to be.

Also why does Jamie have dark hair suddenly? I guess that he;s getting old but didn't see a trace of Blonde hmm

That is how blonde hair looks like when you’re 50 years old.

Hasn’t his hair been like that since season 3?

Looking on season 1 images he never really had piss coloured haired like that. Would’ve been some sight to see him and Tyrion actually have some yella coloured hair
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:26 pm

Kaladin wrote:One of the worst opening episodes

Meh i think people's expectations are too high, what do you expect from a 8 season show? Drops in quality are part of the process. Prefer this to the show ending at season 4 on a high.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:37 pm

This was a standard GoT season opener - setting the scene, and letting us know where everyone stands after the previous season and heading forward with the current one. If you were expecting huge deaths, betrayals and fight sequences, you're the fool.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:38 pm

kind think ES is trolling, not sure what else you could've asked for. It's not like you can jump straight into business at an entirely new location with all these characters meeting up again for the first time since season 1.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:42 pm

Yeah the episode was good. It did all it had to do, in a good way. The dice is cast and they have to prepare in winterfell and figure shit out.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:45 pm

First episodes of seasons are always like this lol. They have to re-introduce the viewer to the characters and plot points from the last season.

This episode did a great job at catching up and setting the tone so the show is able to move forward, and even got the Jon Snow parentage reveal in there without feeling rushed. Pretty great episode imo.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:20 am

El Gunner wrote:
RealGunner wrote:I just hope The Night's king isn't just a generic bad guy trying to turn the entire westeros into his army. That would be awful.

Exactly, a satisfying backstory and explanation to the Night King and his objectives is a main plotline that I want to be answered this season.

This. Dont have big expectations or anything (why would, lol with so less screen time remaining for the show to end). But I want to see at least a bare minimum effort put in by the creators in the remaining NK arc. Please dont make them some brainless evildoers who kill for sake of killing. Give them a  purpose to live for ffs. Them revealing that weird pattern again is a good start. More of it please.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:04 am

If you want a whore buy one, if you want a queen earn her already showing up on Instagram and Tinder.

Wonder if these girls are as quick as Cersei was to "earn" hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:28 am

What's funny is that she slept with him almost immediately after she told him that, ironically making her statement even more inconsistent and contradictory than it already was.

"If you want a whore, go buy one. If you want a queen, I'll tell you that you need to earn me first. Then turn around, walk three feet and change my mind."
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:05 am

He blackmailed her for sex, which is sexual assault.

Not like she was just like “oh you’re cute enough. Let’s do it”
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:06 am

GAME OF THRONES - PART 8 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 37 0menpjgehgs21
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:55 am

The comment about the NK's backstory feel like are ignoring what we already know of the backstory.

They already showed us his creation. A first man turned into a weapon by Leaf and the other COTF to fight the humans from conquering their land and taking down their weirwoods. He/they got out of hand and turned on the children as well, killing almost everyone in the long night.

He isn't brainless at all. As far as we know he was a prisoner of war turned into an immortal monster by his enemies. Good reason to be out for revenge on everyone.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:01 pm

rincon wrote:The comment about the NK's backstory feel like are ignoring what we already know of the backstory.

They already showed us his creation. A first man turned into a weapon by Leaf and the other COTF to fight the humans from conquering their land and taking down their weirwoods. He/they got out of hand and turned on the children as well, killing almost everyone in the long night.

He isn't brainless at all. As far as we know he was a prisoner of war turned into an immortal monster by his enemies. Good reason to be out for revenge on everyone.

Nah B, I want more than that. Especially if they're probably going to kill a lot of the main characters.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:05 pm

Yeah agreed with rincon. Think we got as much of the NK's story as we are going to get.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:10 pm

Yeah, we are gonna get more info on him currently, and see him more of course, but we already got his backstory.

That scene at the last hearth was excellent. The NK/White Walkers never disappoint in being terrifying. I think we are gonna get more Hardhome vibes from the next two episodes.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:10 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yeah agreed. Think we got as much of the NK's story as we are going to get.

pessimists, settling for less mentality.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:11 pm

rincon wrote:Yeah, we are gonna get more info on him currently, and see him more of course, but we already got his backstory.

That scene at the last hearth was excellent. The NK/White Walkers never disappoint in being terrifying. I think we are gonna get more Hardhome vibes from the next two episodes.

Okay, maybe not more backstory, but just more about his current motivations.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next