Blue
rincon
iftikhar
Lucifer
Kick
11 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The 2017 Summer Transfer Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2017 Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Kick Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:20 am

To be fair, Carvajal and Morata are the only two youth players for Madrid, both of whom were sold before returning.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The 2017 Summer Transfer Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The 2017 Summer Transfer Thread

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:34 am

Kick wrote:To be fair, Carvajal and Morata are the only two youth players for Madrid, both of whom were sold before returning.

Asensio was signed at 17 or 18. Pretty much same as Christensen. Loaned twice and brought back. Lucas Vasquez is complete Real Madrid. Started from their C team. Only went on loan once.

Even if you sell, you have to include a buy back clause. That's how Madrid were able to bring Morata back from Juve. Letting Chalobah go without a buy back is stupid. Such a stupid decision is why we couldn't bring back Lukaku this summer for something like 40m (which would probably have been his buy back price if we inserted one).
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:39 am

Asensio was already playing for Mallorca before Real signed him, so he spent no time in the youth team.

Christensen was signed at 15 and played for our youth teams for 3 seasons. The minimum requirement for a homegrown, club trained player.

I didn't realise Vasquez had spent almost all of his career at Madrid, apologies.

I think buyback clauses are important but we cannot stick a buyback on every player we sell, some we're just going to have to let go, we can't keep them all.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:44 am

Just gutted we're letting him go and for a mere 5m. I'll be fine with it if we end up with Baker and/or Mount in the team as regulars within the next 2-3 years. Someone has to take Cesc's place, right?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:46 am

Blue Barrett wrote:Just gutted we're letting him go and for a mere 5m. I'll be fine with it if we end up with Baker and/or Mount in the team as regulars within the next 2-3 years. Someone has to take Cesc's place, right?

Yes, someone does. Baker is probably the best option for it, but he was originally going to go on loan. We haven't heard much in terms of were, though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:49 am

We should offer them Matic plus 45m for Sandro.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:31 am

We won't do a swap deal, it's too difficult.

However, I wouldn't mind greasing the wheels of the Sandro deal by offering Matic at a reduced fee.

Get Sandro for 70m Euros, and sell Matic for 30-35m Euros.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:40 am

Kick wrote:We won't do a swap deal, it's too difficult.

However, I wouldn't mind greasing the wheels of the Sandro deal by offering Matic at a reduced fee.

Get Sandro for 70m Euros, and sell Matic for 30-35m Euros.

It baffles me how clubs would rather get money on both ends than do a straight swap or player plus cash. All parties are still agreeing to move in the same direction. United threw in Rooney + 15m add ons instead of 25m add ons. Very logical imo. But hey, I'm not a club official.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:01 am

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-window-premier-league-revealed-how-a-transfer-deal-really-works-a7837031.html

This is worth a read to explain it.

As long as we bring in Bakayoko, Danilo, Sandro/Telles, Belotti/PEA, and possibly another CM, everyone will forget all the sales this summer.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:05 am

Yeah I read that earlier. This Telles kid, how good is he? Never watched him before and I can't particularly say I was overly impressed with the YouTube clips of him I saw. Seems like he's still developing.

And for some reason his agent has been talking about Chelsea. Not sure what to make of him. If we get Sandro he can kiss his Chelsea dreams goodbye though.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:13 am

I'm not overly excited about the possibility of Telles, he was rather average at Inter, but lots of players have had a similar fate.

He did quite well at Porto, from what I gather, but again, it's only Porto. I can't see him as much of an improvement over Alonso too. Sandro is clearly the better option, but keeping Alonso as first choice is not the worst option.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:51 am

Hopefully we leverage Juve's interest in Matic for Sandro. They've proven that they're a selling club. Sandro needs to stop sitting on his hands and put in that transfer request. Agent Danilo incoming.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:58 am

I would welcome Danilo with open arms if it meant we got Sandro Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:53 am

Ah so there's a buy back clause after all.

Would have been out of line with the supposed new policy of the club to put buy back clauses in any (highly rated) youth sale if they didn't.

Makes the sale a little less sour in my mouth.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:48 am

With Bonucci to Milan, i don't think Sandro is happening anymore Crying or Very sad
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Honestly what are we doing regarding the striker position? It doesn't seem like we are heavily pursuing Morata, Belotti, or Auba.

Very quiet in that front.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:06 pm

It seems Morata is staying. Belotti and Auba are too expensive, the club must be trying to bring the price down. I can't think another solid alternative, Keita? It will be a gamble for sure if none of the 3 arrives.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:38 pm

Socur Toxanarosa wrote:It seems Morata is staying. Belotti and Auba are too expensive, the club must be trying to bring the price down. I can't think another solid alternative, Keita? It will be a gamble for sure if none of the 3 arrives.

Keita would be a nice addition to our RF/LF options, not sure about leading the line.

You are probably right, club seems very reluctant to pay those clubs demands.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:21 am

Sounds like Sandro isn't happening. Real shame.

I hope we can wrap up the Danilo deal soon, as Bakayoko is done, announcement tomorrow.

Belotti/PEA and LWB should come swiftly after.

alternate options for LWB: Telles, Bertrand, Ghoulam, Dalbert, or Grimaldo.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:56 am

Bakayoko hasn't even signed yet and I'm already sick of him. Absolute weapon.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:27 am

Yeah this is becoming pretty frustrating.

He better be good, otherwise he'll be my scape goat all season.

Can't decide who I want more Belotti or PEA.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:53 pm

With the way both player and club have gone on about this on social media for what seems like forever, you'd swear it was Messi we were signing rather than a relative nobody who's had one season of semi-relevance. Happy the announcement was finally made and the signing is at last official simply so we won't have to see and hear about it anymore on twitter, insta and the like. As Ade alluded to, hopefully his actual performances are anything close to the self-generated hype he's manufactured around himself else he'll be in for a heck of alot of stick from any sane-minded fans and rightly so.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:54 pm

Shed wrote:With the way both player and club have gone on about this on social media for what seems like forever, you'd swear it was Messi we were signing rather than a relative nobody who's had one season of semi-relevance. Happy the announcement was finally made and the signing is at last official simply so we won't have to see and hear about it anymore on twitter, insta and the like. As Ade alluded to, hopefully his actual performances are anything close to the self-generated hype he's manufactured around himself else he'll be in for a heck of alot of stick from any sane-minded fans and rightly so.

Relax. You seem to have a bit of resentment for Bakayoko because of how the Chalobah situation played out. It's not Bakayoko's fault we don't give our youth chance.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:35 pm

Actually not really. The recent suggestions there was indeed a buy-back in his Watford contract took much of the sour taste out of the mouth over that, and even if he'd stayed, I'm far from deluded enough to think Baka wouldn't have been starting over him 99% of the time anyway. It's more the overinflated egos many of these Monaco players seem to have developed since eeking out the title over PSG last season which seems to have transferred a few of them to 1970 Brazil players in their own minds. Mendy seems to be doing something similar over his possible move to City from what I've seen and after awhile the whole shtick just gets a little old.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:05 am

I think Bakayoko and Kante are going to boss it in the middle of the park. I don't know what you're complaining about, Shed. It sounds to me like Bakayoko wasn't the issue, his agents and Monaco were. It's done now. Time to move on to our next targets.

As for Belotti v PEA, if we want to keep the same or similar style of play Belotti. If we want to utilise a different, more fast paced style, PEA.

I personally think a 3-4-3 is better suited to Belotti, while a 3-5-2 would be fantastic for PEA:

Courtois
Azpilicueta Luiz Rudiger
Moses Kante Bakayoko Alonso
Fabregas
PEA Hazard
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:01 am

Both Auba and Belotti should be bought, Aubameyang is not a pure striker and would be great at RW, and he could be the striker when necessary, but i think it's too much to ask.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next