Tomwin Lannister
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
12 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Star Wars: Battlefront 2

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:14 pm

Star wars fans will love it. Casuals will like Destiny 2 instead. fps lovers will play cod ww2 instead.

From what i read on reddit, people don't like the loot box system in BF2 and the micro-transaction. Everyone loves the visuals.

I don't think this game has a long life span honestly. Not even Mole will be playing this post jan IMO.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:21 pm

I was playing Battlefront 1 post Jan after release with all it's problems and no content so i doubt you are right tbh.

It's going to have 11 maps on launch with much more gameplay depth, heroes, vehicles etc etc.

No season pass is a big deal as well, no more content breaking up the community so if you enjoy this game you'll keep coming back IMO.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:31 pm

Thoughts on this mole?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-star-wars-battlefront-2s-microtransactions-are/1100-6453996/?ftag=GSS-05-10aab8e&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A%20Trending%20Content&utm_content=59e1e02e19694a000a38f7a4&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:33 pm

D2 casual? Pve sure but pvp? Nah not when they made it esport (lmao)

Seen lots of pvp people pass on D2 due to the new pvp changes
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:35 pm

RealGunner wrote:Thoughts on this mole?

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-star-wars-battlefront-2s-microtransactions-are/1100-6453996/?ftag=GSS-05-10aab8e&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A%20Trending%20Content&utm_content=59e1e02e19694a000a38f7a4&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter
Lmao no way he's defending that.

Sounds like the same shit IW had.

@Thimmy
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:42 pm

I am not attacking the game lol. Just want to know what Mole thinks of it.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:51 pm

I was waiting for people to post this so i can have my say on it tbh Laughing

There's a massive overreaction and misinformation.

First of all based on the beta, it was easy to get loot boxes unlike what people are saying and EA/Dice both say the progression is faster in the main game.

I opened like 30 Laughing also the differences in values were so little that it didn't actually matter at all.

To me Pay to Win is when someone has a clear advantage over you regardless of skill and never, not once happened.

The difference in gear was so negligible that if you were better than someone you'd always win that gun fight. I never had the feeling that i lost a gun fight due to someone having better gear than me.

It never happened, i actually tested it by using classes with no star cards and compared it to when i used what i got out of loot boxes.

The differences in performance to me was basically nil. Like i said people are crying because articles like that are telling them to without actually playing the game and realising that none of it actually impacted your performance.

I'll tell you what i didn't like though, i hated how randomized the progression in the beta was even if the actual impact on the game was so small it didn't even matter.

Also as predicted the beta information is out dated anyway with regards to how progression system.

This is from Dice:

There are many things you can earn in the game, including weapons, attachments, credits, Star Cards, Emotes, Outfits and Victory Poses.

As a balance goal, we’re working towards having the most powerful items in the game only earnable via in-game achievements.

you have to earn the right to be able to upgrade Star Cards and unlock Weapons. You can only upgrade or unlock them if you have reached a high enough rank, which is determined by playing the game.

As usual the internet overreacted, i hate microtransactions as much as the next guy and refuse to EVER buy them but it didn't really impact much in the beta and unless something changes like EA getting greedy it's not going to impact things going forward either.

I'll say so when it does, i have no problem going "*bleep* this game" when it actually becomes a problem like i did with For Honor.

Just reading that article again though, i have to laugh at inordinate amount of hours. I was opening loot boxes non stop due to the daily ones you receive for just logging on, completing in game challenges and just overall playing the game.

The amount of mis-information is crazy.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:02 pm

I mean it's beta afterall. They probably made it easy to get shit in the beta Star Wars: Battlefront 2 - Page 6 Rsz_2mxh8d9d

We'll see how it is in the final game.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:08 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

First of all based on the beta, it was easy to get loot boxes unlike what people are saying and EA/Dice both say the progression is faster in the main game.

I mean they might be lieing and as i said before i'm not ruling out EA going full activision but as right now that isn't happening.

I'm not going to get angry at something before it actually happens and spread mis-information, i just don't see the point.

Plus it's a massive waste of energy Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:13 pm

Typical Mole.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:14 pm

Agreed it's typical Mole to be level headed and only deal in facts.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:16 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I was waiting for people to post this so i can have my say on it tbh Laughing

There's a massive overreaction and misinformation.

I opened like 30 Laughing also the differences in values were so little that it didn't actually matter at all.

To me Pay to Win is when someone has a clear advantage over you regardless of skill and never, not once happened.

The difference in gear was so negligible that if you were better than someone you'd always win that gun fight. I never had the feeling that i lost a gun fight due to someone having better gear than me.

It never happened, i actually tested it by using classes with no star cards and compared it to when i used what i got out of loot boxes.

The differences in performance to me was basically nil. Like i said people are crying because articles like that are telling them to without actually playing the game and realising that none of it actually impacted your performance.

I'll tell you what i didn't like though, i hated how randomized the progression in the beta was even if the actual impact on the game was so small it didn't even matter.

Also as predicted the beta information is out dated anyway with regards to how progression system.

This is from Dice:

There are many things you can earn in the game, including weapons, attachments, credits, Star Cards, Emotes, Outfits and Victory Poses.

As a balance goal, we’re working towards having the most powerful items in the game only earnable via in-game achievements.

you have to earn the right to be able to upgrade Star Cards and unlock Weapons. You can only upgrade or unlock them if you have reached a high enough rank, which is determined by playing the game.

As usual the internet overreacted, i hate microtransactions as much as the next guy and refuse to EVER buy them but it didn't really impact much in the beta and unless something changes like EA getting greedy it's not going to impact things going forward either.

I'll say so when it does, i have no problem going "*bleep* this game" when it actually becomes a problem like i did with For Honor.

Just reading that article again though, i have to laugh at inordinate amount of hours. I was opening loot boxes non stop due to the daily ones you receive for just logging on, completing in game challenges and just overall playing the game.

The amount of mis-information is crazy.

fair enough man. Hope you are right for your sake.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:21 pm

I need to be fair here, what i said only applies to now.

EA are greedy *bleep*, the idea of it one day being pay to win isn't something i rule out.

But based on the beta and launch info it isn't atm, hopefully it stays that way.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I think it's because the objectives on Naboo are pretty simple tbh so I found carrying pretty easy.

It was either shoot at big moving tank with ion Cannons or stop people from shooting at big moving tank with ion Cannons.

Only time I felt like stupid team mates became an issue was when you had to take the small rooms inside as people refused to take them sometimes lol.

Maybe other maps will be a problem but we'll see.

That's generally true on BETAs where overall quality of players suck ass

Wait till you're on your larry and your entire team of 20 mostly suck/ignore objective and the opposition has 12-13 semi competent players. Will get absolutely rolled.

But that's a people problem, the game is legit.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:03 pm

hmm True, i seem to remember the same thing happening in the original Battlefront.

Well not so much the objective as their was about 20 different objectives in that Hoth map, but it was easy to carry when it comes to killing people.

This seemed a lot more streamlined from that sense, but like i said it might be a map thing. For all we know Hoth might be just as convoluted as Battlefront 1.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:05 pm

I hope the game deliver then i’ll pick it up sometime in december.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNUTWw17rkM

Campaign trailer.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:57 pm

We went into Star Wars™️ Battlefront™️ II with a goal to make the deepest, biggest Star Wars™️ game you've ever played. That meant transporting you to all three eras and handing you a huge assortment of heroes, classes, and vehicles – as well as bringing tons of free post-launch content to all Star Wars Battlefront II players.

The Beta gave us a welcome chance to test all of our systems in action and tune things up for better balance. A few weeks back, we mentioned we were going to take another look at how the progression system works. After incorporating feedback from the Beta, we’re happy to share our plans for launch:

Epic Star Cards, the highest tier of Star Cards available at launch, have been removed from Crates. To help keep everyone on a level playing field, these Star Cards will primarily be available through crafting, with the exception of special Epic Star Cards available through pre-order, deluxe, and starter packs.

You'll need to reach a certain rank to craft upgraded Star Cards. You won't be able to buy a bunch of Crates, grind everything up into crafting materials, and immediately use them to get super powerful Star Cards. You can only upgrade the ability to craft higher tier Star Cards by ranking up through playing the game.

Weapons are locked behind specific milestones. While a select few will be found in Crates, the rest can only be attained by play. Want to unlock a new weapon for your Heavy? Play as a Heavy and you’ll gain access to the class’s new weapons.

Class-specific gear and items can be unlocked by playing as them. As you progress through your favorite class, you’ll hit milestones granting you class-specific Crates. These will include a mix of Star Cards and Crafting Parts to benefit your class’s development.

This system, as well as all of the others, will be continually iterated on and improved. As we first announced at EA Play in June, we’re committed to keeping the community together. All upcoming weapons, maps, heroes, and vehicles introduced in Star Wars Battlefront II’s post-release content will be free so that players can play alongside friends as the world of Star Wars Battlefront II continues to grow. We know that the magic is in the balance, and we're going to make sure that we continue to make a game that is fun for everyone.

While i thought the outrage was a massive overreaction and was tonnes of spread misinformation it's clear that it probably made EA shit themselves.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:14 pm

I wasn't expecting this....

It all starts with choosing a side. On December 5, you’ll have an opportunity to align with the First Order or choose to fight for the Resistance. Your choice is important, as it will allow you to take part in special challenges that will grant your faction specific rewards.

Things kick into high gear on December 13. Your favorite stormtrooper-turned-hero Finn joins the fight for the Resistance and Captain Phasma steps on to the Battlefront for the First Order. They can be purchased with in-game Credits that week. Whichever faction is victorious in completing the most challenges that week will net a reward as well: a special Crate of high-power upgrades for Finn or Captain Phasma.

New locations and vehicles will also arrive. On December 13, the cinematic content from Star Wars: The Last Jedi continues with a new planetary map: Crait. The Starfighter Assault map of D’qar will join as well, plus a new hero ship –  Tallie Lintra's RZ-2 A-wing. Poe Dameron’s T-70 X-wing is also upgraded with a new ability inspired by Star Wars: The Last Jedi .

Iden Versio returns. In Star Wars Battlefront II Resurrection, you’ll join Commander Iden Versio during the days of the First Order’s rise to power. These new chapters of Star Wars Battlefront II’s single-player story mode will be available December 13.

Your choice of faction will continue to matter. Throughout December, you'll see your chosen faction's progress reflected in-game, as you fight alongside allies from around the world to swing the tide of battle.

We knew about the Finn and Phasma and other MP stuff was likely but i didn't expect single player DLC.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:15 pm

haven't followed along but heard you can't even play Vader or Luke unless you pay money or grind hours and hours to get them

EA are cancer rofl

Again I don't know if this is true, just saw something on reddit about it and EA's response got over 200k downvotes Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:34 pm

Was just about to post it. Saw it on R/WWII and laughed so hard. Knew this game would be ruined by MTX Laughing

Also it’s the most downvoted post in reddit’s history lmfao
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:44 pm

Nearly 300k downvotes rofl
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:51 pm

The campaign is 5 hours

It takes 40 hours to unlock Vader if you don't buy him

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 - Page 6 Eab11f10
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:34 pm

also been reading about this controversy, fully deserved. That makes like 3 huge winter releases plagued with lootboxes. Lootboxes are digusting unless it's purely cosmetic like in OW. Glad to see people rightfully shitting on it and hopefully it gets curbed out of retail games like the online passes from a few years ago. no excuses.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:37 pm

Battleshit rofl

Its an insane age of micro transactions

Jim Sterling just released a video about it lol

https://youtu.be/NLDid1UNyg8
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:46 pm

Firenze wrote:also been reading about this controversy, fully deserved. That makes like 3 huge winter releases plagued with lootboxes. Lootboxes are digusting unless it's purely cosmetic like in OW. Glad to see people rightfully shitting on it and hopefully it gets curbed out of retail games like the online passes from a few years ago. no excuses.

Blizzard comes out of this age looking really good imo

Sure, the fact that you can't outright buy anything is sinister (instead have to buy lootboxes to have a chance to get something), but at least all the microtransactions are cosmetic, and it doesn't really require an insane amount of hours to get what you want. Meanwhile, they released a game with all the characters playable, all game modes and maps playable, they continually listen to the community and respond, they continually patch the game to try and keep it balanced, and they add new heroes which are provided to you free of charge.

Then again, comparing anyone to EA will make that person look good. Still, within the era of microtransactions, what Blizz has done with Overwatch is, I think, the example of how to do it right while still reaping the rewards as a company.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next