Bellabong
LeVersacci
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
35 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher Empty Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:29 pm

Now that Star Wars are building their own cinematic universe, and overall canon with tv-shows, comics books etc. I thought a thread would be appropriate since a new trailer dropped today.

Teaser #1 for The Force Awakens

Teaser #2 for The Force Awakens

The official canon list

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher Movies-star-wars-canon-timeline

Last edited by Freeza on Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:31 pm

Just watched the trailer.

"Chewey we're home " dem feels Proud
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by M99 Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:53 pm

Proud Proud Proud Proud Proud Proud Proud Proud Proud Proud Proud Proud Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:55 pm

Black man Disney taking no losses Proud
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:10 pm

In case people don't know, this is the canon Freeza was on about.

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher Movies-star-wars-canon-timeline
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:21 pm

Thanks Mole, couldn't find it.

This trailer was so epic, brought a tear to my eye.

Pretty sure that person Luke was talking to was a girl, possibly Daisy Ridley/Rey hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:26 pm

Freeza wrote:

Laughing

anyways, I'm pretty pissed about books not officially being canon anymore.

What went down with Wraith Squadron is probably better than what Disney is going to come out with. Probably 90% of the literary works as well.

MRW after the Falcon Tie-Fighter crashed ISD bit:

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:04 pm

Books being canon does not matter that much for me personally. I still enjoy comic books etc that aren't canon. They're just a different kind of canon though. Also, did they ever specifically say that the older books were canon?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:01 pm

Only seen A New Hope so far and didn't like it. My perception on it thus far is that it's one of the most overrated franchises of all time.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:04 pm

WTF's a canon hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:05 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Only seen A New Hope so far and didn't like it. My perception on it thus far is that it's one of the most overrated franchises of all time.

Yeah it is a fanboy franchises no doubt. Nothing GOAT about it. But good. I'm pumped for Force Awakens, just because visuals gon' be gooooooood.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:19 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Only seen A New Hope so far and didn't like it. My perception on it thus far is that it's one of the most overrated franchises of all time.

Probably because it's one of the most impactful franchises in any entertainment medium. It's impossible for people who never watched it to feel about it the same way for those who saw it and realised the impact it had.

A New Hope is meh though, it's really impossible to put into words how massively it impacted film and pop culture in general.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:24 pm

Then why bother posting in a thread about the franchise? Laughing

It's no questions the single most impactful franchise in entertainment today, and it's not even close at all. So calling it overrated is just ridiculous. It revolutionized special effects, and the practical ones still hold up today. It's really something that you have to grow up with, since the expectations will be too big otherwise.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Probably because it's one of the most impactful franchises in any entertainment medium. It's impossible for people who never watched it to feel about it the same way for those who saw it and realised the impact it had.

A New Hope is meh though, it's really impossible to put into words how massively it impacted film and pop culture in general.

Saw it but didn't realise Proud
I'm special. As I've always suspected.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:35 pm

Let's be honest though impactful doesn't necessarily entail to very good.

It may be the shit in terms of revolutionising the film industry or pop culture, or whatever it did, but when it comes down to that first trilogy which I saw, taking the films one for one, or 3 as a whole, it doesn't hold up to all the other great films I've seen.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:47 pm

Everyone hates the prequel trilogy tbf Laughing

It was New Hope to Return of the Jedi which caused it's massive impact. Not to mention it all stemmed from the books anyway as the films are just adaptions of those.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:56 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Everyone hates the prequel trilogy tbf Laughing

It was New Hope to Return of the Jedi which caused it's massive impact. Not to mention it all stemmed from the books anyway as the films are just adaptions of those.

Pretty sure the films have been adapted into books and not the other way around hmm

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Episode_IV:_A_New_Hope_%28novel%29

It says so here.

Also Star Wars is so great, I can't really understand why people think it's not good at the least. The mythology is so great, and the whole universe setup the first real fantasy franchise.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:12 pm

Meant the original trilogy hmm
Episode 4-6
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:12 pm

Freeza wrote:

Pretty sure the films have been adapted into books and not the other way around hmm

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars_Episode_IV:_A_New_Hope_%28novel%29

It says so here.

Also Star Wars is so great, I can't really understand why people think it's not good at the least. The mythology is so great, and the whole universe setup the first real fantasy franchise.

I always assumed it was books adapted into films Laughing

There's my lesson for today.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:20 pm

rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:27 pm

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:54 pm

El Gunner wrote:Let's be honest though impactful doesn't necessarily entail to very good.

This.

Being impactful doesn't mean good. The only thing this has going for it is the fact that it was released in the 70s and it was original.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:05 pm

It's not just about the quality of the films though, think of anything which has impacted general pop culture and it's not just the films as the entire thing transcends entertainment medium.

Besides i and Freeza already explained the reasons why and people don't just love it for the films, so you can call the films overrated if you wish but it's impossible to call the franchise overrated as it's impact as a whole is undeniable.

Besides didn't you say you only watched New Hope? that's like watching the first Harry Potter film and deeming the entire thing overrated.

Besides though i don't expect you to change your view point and i might feel the same way if i wasn't brought up on it as a kid and that's the same with anything really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:27 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

rofl

rofl rofl rofl gotta love the internet
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:45 pm

Anyone got a video of the panel with the cast and JJ and Kennedy from last evening? Would like to watch. Is it only 15 minutes? only thing I can find is 15 minutes.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next