Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
18 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by S Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:40 am

Jericho won the US title

Now I am sure Reigns is winning the Universal belt at Rumble Laughing

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 19 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:30 am

I'm so shocked Laughing

At least it means Raw can actually have a mid card again now.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:50 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tozSjboXkLU

rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:37 pm

RAW is sh**. Jericho winning was okay but now we will see Super Reigns.

And Steph is like the worst thing ever, keeps berating talents for no good reason & they don't respond, she is like a black hole!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:47 pm

That Bryan promo was amazing because of the whole backstory & Bryan toiling in the indy's for almost a decade. He was the king of indy's & possibly the greatest pure wrestler in decades who WWE buried or tried to bury so many times unlike people like Owens or Styles who got solid pushes. WWE was forced to push Bryan.

And then Cena was deeply unpopular & boring - Bryan was a new upcoming face & I think Owens hadn't debuted then. So all that Owens & other disses came later.

Main contents of that amazing promo -

Bryan doesn't have TV because he doesn't like fame & money hungry stars like Cena (He is the son of a lumberjack in Aberdeen, Washington (very small town) who lives in a small house,is a vegan, doesn't own a TV & just cares about wrestling)

Bryan wrestles because he genuinely loves to wrestles & that is all he can do, enjoys it & wants to give people an amazing match

Bryan says when he will step into the ring as Champion, the people will realize that there is no1 better in the ring than him

Bryan accused John Cena of disrespecting him by not taking the match seriously like he did vs HBK or UT.

Bryan calls out & asks how can Cena understand the hunger to hold that title once in his life.

Bryan says for Cena it is any night but for Bryan it is the biggest n8 in his career

Bryan mentions that in Japan they used to slap each other to fire themselves but Cena doesn't deserve it as he isn't a wrestler (more of an entertainer type)

2 of my favorite moments were -

When Bryan was talking about his bumps, injuries & everything he did to get to WWE & his quest & hunger to hold that title once & how Cena a 14-15 time champion can never understand that hunger. Cena treats Bryan in a way like Bryan would come & give a good match & lose.

And the slap thing - They had a phenomenal match in Summerslam, a classic. And after 20-25 minute in the match after Cena slaps Bryan 1 or 2 times & asks him to respond, Bryan finally slaps him back acknowledging him as a "wrestler" because they were having a great match.

People need to see all the promos & watch that epic match. Bryan vs Cena & Bryan vs Wyatt in the Rumble are modern classics!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:19 pm

Please tell me they aren't builiding up Storwman-Taker..
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:14 am

I doubt it, probably just setting up a confrontation in the Rumble.

They do this sort of stuff every year, although they did want to do it before they realised Strowman was too green ( he still is, despite the good booking btw) so who knows lol.

The one positive i can think of though if it did happen. It would make the Rumble wildly unpredictable.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:17 pm

Ending to Corbin and Cena seemed very abrupt, because Smackdown isn't allowed to overrun like Raw consistently goes like 5-10 mins over the allotted time i get the feeling they just run out of time.

They got to the finish strangely fast and the AJ and Cena staredown as the show goes off the air seemed weird too.

Very good show on the whole though, also the tag match between American Alpha and Wyatt Family confirmed to me that The Revival need to be on Smackdown.

Mainly because they gave the match time which Raw doesn't really even on PPV do the same.

They won't get over in the usual 5 minute matches Raw does. Also Steel Cage match between Becky and Alexa next week, looking forward to that and i kind of expect we'll find out the identity of who ever that masked girl is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:09 pm

Current 2017 HOF class according to Wrestling Observer, obviously their be more.

DDP
Ravishing Rick Rude
William Regal
Christian
The Natural Disasters
IRS

Christian :bow:

Despite the fake hype of Daniel Bryan, real ass Instant Classic Christian gets in the HOF first. rofl

Tag team of Mole and Firenze beats GL again @Firenze
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:18 pm

Except Daniel Bryan is headlining next year in New Orleans lol, in the same arena where he won the WWE WHC.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:30 pm

Let's not get into technicalities IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:23 am

Some Wrestlemania updates from Meltzer, obviously can be considered spoilers so only look if you want to.

https://m.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/5ngpjt/wrestlemania_spoilers_meltzer_gives_an_update_on/

Spoiler:

Also stuff on Samoa Joe....

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:01 am

Ambrose vs Cena Proud

Y'all just wait. It's gonna happen.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:06 am

It's too early IMO, a feud like that needs more than a month of build.

I just feel like something like that needs to start before the Royal Rumble not after, I have no issues with them doing that next year though.

This year would feel rushed like Ambrose and Lesnar did. A massive missed opportunity if they go and do it this year imo.

Imagine if they started AJ and Cena around Summerslam instead of just after Extreme Rules, where you get time to build the rivalry before the big ppv match.

That's basically what you are asking for, no need to rush it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:24 am

In all seriousness, I don't actually see it happening at Wrestlemania. I've kind of accepted that Ambrose is going to be stuck in some lame angle with The Miz that involves Renee and Maryse.

Reigns-Taker
Rollins-HHH
Ambrose & Renee vs Miz & Maryse

rofl

The only thing that would be worse is if he got stuck with Corbin. At least Miz's entertaining, but Corbin is one of the worst wrestlers I've ever seen.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:30 am

Vince can't be THAT stupid to not see the money in a Cena vs Undertaker match.

Right?

RIGHT?

Unless.... he is saving it for SummerSlam. hmm

How many matches do you guys think Undertaker legitimately has left in him?
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:14 am

The spoilers basically said we don't know what we're doing yet and anything is possible.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:41 pm

silver wrote:The spoilers basically said we don't know what we're doing yet and anything is possible.

More or less yes, which is classic Vince. He will probably constantly change his mind every day till Wrestlemania tbh lol.

What it said to me more than anything else is that i don't have a *bleep* clue who is winning the Rumble.

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Current 2017 HOF class according to Wrestling Observer, obviously their be more.

DDP
Ravishing Rick Rude
William Regal
Christian
The Natural Disasters
IRS

Christian :bow:

Despite the fake hype of Daniel Bryan, real ass Instant Classic Christian gets in the HOF first. rofl

Tag team of Mole and Firenze beats GL again @Firenze

His TNA theme is also quite good

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:10 pm

If Cena-Taker is not taking place imo they should do a Reigns-Cena purely because of the heat its going to generate. Wont happen tho.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:19 pm

S wrote:If Cena-Taker is not taking place imo they should do a Reigns-Cena purely because of the heat its going to generate. Wont happen tho.

Really don't think it would generate much tbh, people are just disillusioned when it comes to Reigns and quite like Cena now he's not Super Cena.

Reigns is practically heatless. Laughing

Best thing to do with both is give them the best show possible, which means blow off AJ-Cena with some sort of stipulation or if you want to do a Joe and Cena feud after WM have a triple threat match ( unless you can get the Ambrose feud started fast) and put Reigns with Balor and have Balor win.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:26 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
S wrote:If Cena-Taker is not taking place imo they should do a Reigns-Cena purely because of the heat its going to generate. Wont happen tho.

Really don't think it would generate much tbh, people are just disillusioned when it comes to Reigns and quite like Cena now he's not Super Cena.

Why ? I still think there is some hate going for Cena. Anyone in Cena's place and most people would've wanted Reigns to be buried but people will still be divided if Cena is the one burying Reigns. Two most hated babyfaces in the industry going against each other is going to generate hype be it positive or negative. People would still want to watch that.

And i think if anyone can put Reigns over and make him somewhat decently appreciated, imo its Cena. Anyone else and this would've been a difficult task.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:30 pm

I don't feel that anymore tbh, ever since his US title run and him being more of a part time guy there's been a lot more positive reaction to him.

Even the " John Cena sucks " chants feel like the " You Suck" chants with Kurt Angle.

Don't get me wrong i think people would want to watch it as Cena is the biggest guy in the company and Reigns doesn't really put on bad matches anymore but i don't feel that hate for Cena you describe.

I used to feel that way but ever since the Triple Threat between Styles, Ambrose and Cena at No Mercy and the crowd going nuts for all 3 guys it made m realise he's reached respected legend status where most people like him now.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:40 pm

True but Cena is the guy we've been hating for so long and Reigns is his heir apparent and is the guy now we love to hate for various reasons. This is just a two minuses equals a plus logic imo. Ofcourse people are starting to respect what Cena has done for this company but that its also not exactly supposed to mean that people are ok with him coming out on top again with no consequences atleast in my view.

A Cena-Reigns clash is a controversial feud atleast how we wrestling fans look at it and it would be interesting to see who out of these two polarising figures gets the better crowd reaction. Ofcourse it will be Cena but it would still be funny as hell to see an entire crowd cheering for Cena and booing Reigns. With a proper build and storytelling, i think this feud could be great particularly when you think these are the two guys that get the biggest reaction from the crowd be it boos or cheers.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:44 pm

For what it's worth i agree with you on Cena is the best case scenario in terms of getting Reigns over.

Nobody is mentioning this but i feel like Cena is a big reason why Styles is as popular as he is right now. When he wants to he can easily put some over huge.

Although at the same time i think Reigns as his character the way it is is a lost cause though. They need to forget the idea of him as the no 1 face of the company for now IMO.

Not like Balor or Rollins couldn't fulfill the role even better anyway. That's the thing that confuses me with Reigns push above all else, it's not like they don't have other guys with a good look who could fulfill that role.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:49 pm

Mole, just from a crowd reaction perspective, just imagine the men in the arena cheering for Cena ffs. Its like unheard of.

Sometimes or rather most times crowd reactions is what gets me hyped and really gets me invested into a match.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next