Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
18 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 8 Jan 2017 - 18:47

Onyx wrote:Either Taker or Jericho should win imo.

As for shocks, Broken Matt Hardy returning to win it would also be nice.

Agreed, speaking of Matt Hardy anyone know when his TNA contract is up. hmm

Just wondering if it's even a possibility tbh.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 8 Jan 2017 - 18:48

S wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You are making the mistake of thinking the Rumble winner is going to be in main event though.

With Undertaker and Lesnar around in all likelihood unless one of them want to fight for the Universal title( very unlikely) the belt won't be decided in the main event but like 3 or 4 matches before hand lol.

So what Vince likes at the top of the card isn't really relevant.

No I am not taking the main event into consideration because winning the Rumble is a big thing in itself. The way they've booked Jericho the entire year (where he's been losing in every ppv) , I just don't think they'll make someone like him win the Rumble. That's my point.

Someone making a comeback or someone who's been booked strong the entire season will win the Rumble IMO.

He's the only guy to beat AJ Styles clean at a PPV so i think he's been booked strongly tbh. (:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun 8 Jan 2017 - 18:49

February apparently. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 8 Jan 2017 - 18:50

Too late then Sad

Enough time for a Wyatt's and Hardy's feud for Wrestlemania though cheers
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun 8 Jan 2017 - 18:53

I wonder if he can render his contract obsolete prior to February. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 8 Jan 2017 - 18:56

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 18 Matt-hardy-delete-delete-delete-o
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun 8 Jan 2017 - 19:04

Can't believe how far Matt's come since his WWE days. I remember him jobbing in the cruiserweight division not long before he left. Hottest act in wrestling now. Proud

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 9:10

If Balor wins the Royal Rumble after winning the Universal title in his second match, that's getting pushed too fast. It doesn't matter if he's an internet darling, he will get booed eventually from his mega push. Getting into the main event needs to be an organic transition.

And on a personal level, I really don't understand the fascination with Balor. If it was AJ Styles getting the same treatment I'd understand.
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 14:04

As I tried telling you it's a work and he's not coming to WWE lol.

https://twitter.com/reasonjp/status/818406249741983746

Don't know anyone would believe it after what he said before Wrestle Kingdom anyway it was never happening.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 19:15

Wwe posted this on their youtube about a few hrs ago

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 19:36

Can't take it seriously when Punk isn't there lol.

Also i know for a fact Styles has had better disses than that and i'd guess others on there have too.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 19:42

I actually watched that Bryan promo recently as I dint follow wwe much that year. I hadn't seen it at all but that entire promo was terrific tbh. Ā Not quite Punk-esque but DB called Cena a parody of Wrestling as a babyface ffs. I think that should've been there among the best insults imo.

And yeah I agree, there have been better disses than the ones mentioned. Like what Edge says to him isn't even a diss but somehow it makes top 2.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 19:46

I feel like i would have enjoyed Bryan's diss a lot more if everyone since Bryan from the indies have done the same you can't wrestle as good as me John that he did.

WWE obviously liked it as they have scripted in with Kevin Owens, Styles and others.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 19:54

True but in that whole promo John couldn't make a proper comeback. His only reply was 'people like you have come and I have beaten them all'. At the end he even asks DB to slap him Laughing and DB says 'he doesn't deserve it' Ā referencing to that diss in that video. Made him look really strong in that promo. I watched it recently though so I was kinda surprised Ā DB cutting a promo like that as the most over babyface in the company unlike Styles or Owens who are heels and it would make a lot more sense from a wwe perspective if they cut a promo like DB did.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 20:11

Yeah and the comeback now is just " Oh i thought you would come up with something different to what everyone else says" it just doesn't have the same impact that it probably did when they run it into the ground with every Cena feud.

That isn't Bryan's fault though, just how i feel. I think that's kind of why they included The Rock one with Styles as it adds more layers than just copying Bryan like most other indies based disses are.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 20:25

Also just read Silver's post. Why would a Balor Rumble victory be too fast a push ?. He had one of the hottest acts before making it to wwe. Once he arrived in wwe, he along with few other guys changed the entire landscape of NXT and imo has one of the most captivating entrances I've seen. I love his entire gimmick. His accent might be a bit of negative in promo cutting but he's charismatic and a great wrestler. I see that 'larger than life' streak in him that I don't see in many others.

That Balor music is going to get an insane pop if he makes it to the Rumble I tell ya.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 20:29

I think he's just afraid of a Reigns like push tbh, but the reason people resist to Reigns is the complete lack of character.

Well that and everyone around him seems to suffer as a result of of everything being about him. I don't feel like the same would happen with Balor. Honestly i'd be ok with Reigns if his push didn't complete ruin Owens and Rollins character as a result of everything.

My biggest issue atm with Balor is in NXT his matches were very formulaic, it was like watching a 200lb Cena.... sequences to the finish were almost always the same.

But i'm definitely going to see where it goes with him, i don't like to completely reject guys before they are given the chance. He's not even had 4 Raw's yet.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 20:42

But Mole, just like Styles , he already has developed a very good (online) fanbase unlike Reigns. People are longing for him to return.

And secondly, his gimmick is too complex for him to not be a success whether he is pushed early or they take time with him. He brings a lot more to the table than someone like Reigns did when he first got pushed to the moon.

I just see Balor as someone who would easily connect with the audiences. Call me crazy but I think a fit Balor has the potential to become the top babyface of the company.

I haven't seen his heel acts though so I don't know what it's like.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 20:49

Balor doesn't have to convince the hardcore fanbase though.

BTW i agree with you, i think he'll end up being very popular. Also people who watched his New Japan run say he's a very good heel although i haven't seen much to confirm.

I'm just saying i know where he's coming from in regards to the push, i'm not particularly concerned with him myself.

Mind you Raw's writing and creative team managed to *bleep* up Seth Rollins so who knows. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 21:02

The only downside to Balor imo is his Irish accent but it's still not entirely necessary for him to cut lengthy promos to go over with crowd. Imagine if Demon King can recreate something like Crow Sting... Of course it depends on the booking in these cases.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 21:10

Yeah i mean Styles is over, Bryan was over, RVD was over, Jeff Hardy was over It's not always necessary if you have the charisma to inspire the crowd to cheer for you through other means.

I have no doubt Balor is in that boat tbh, the kids and women will cheer for him at least of that i have no doubt.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 21:21

I just wished wwe built up more vicious heels and it would go a long way away from even getting guys like Reigns popular with the crowd but as always the heels are booked like chickenshit/comic heels that get buried by the super strong faces.

KO has gone from a badass heel to a chickenshit champion. Seth was a chickenshit heel when he was a champion. Brock is a part timer Laughing
Basically in the quest for making Roman look strong they're making the heels look weak but they don't realize this act is not going well with people and it's also making the storytelling look weak and boring.

Now they're building Strowman as this vicious heel but I won't be surprised they turn him face soon because kids are too scared and feed him to Brock just so he can get buried Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 21:25

Everything is operation get Reigns over sadly.

At least with the brand split Smackdown provides an alternative, if it didn't i'd probably stop watching tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Mon 9 Jan 2017 - 22:59

Just came to know that Bray Wyatt and Bo Dallas are brothers lmao. Dem Christmas dinners rofl

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 5:59

S wrote:Wwe posted this on their youtube about a few hrs ago

The Kurt Angle rap rofl rofl rofl
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue 10 Jan 2017 - 7:40

Jericho won the US title

Now I am sure Reigns is winning the Universal belt at Rumble Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next