Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
18 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by silver Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:06 pm

2001 easy for my favourite rumble. 2008 for the ending.

silver
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 29 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by footyfan01 Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:47 pm

The card is too stacked up, there is little chance for Joe to get a big match - Probably Andre the Giant over the top

1 - Goldberg - Lesnar
2 - Owens - Jericho
3 - Taker - Reigns
4 - HHH - Rollins
5- Orton - Wyatt
6 - Styles - Shane
7- Ambrose - Cena
8 - Charlotte vs Sasha vs Bayley vs Nia
9 - Big Show vs Shaq

So 9 matches.

Plus I feel we will get -

SD Women's Title match (Micky, Alexa, Becky, Nikki or 6 pack)

Raw Title (New Day vs Sheamus/Cesaro vs Club vs Revival)

5 Hours = 11 Full matches + Entrances + Back stage segments + Celeb Appearances + HOF package + Ads

(You can't squeeze in more)

Pre-Show :2-3 Hours -

Cruiserweight - Neville vs Jack Gallagher vs Gran Metalik (etc)

Andre the Giant Rumble

SD Tag Titles Match - American Alpha vs Usos

Andre the Giant =

1 - Joe
2 - Miz
3 - Strowman
4 - Finn Balor
5 - Sami Zayn
6 - Ziggler
7 - Rusev
8 - Harper
9 - Corbin
10 - Big Cass
11 - Kane
12 - Mojo Rawley
13 - Apollo Crews
14 - Kalisto
15 - Slater
16 - Enzo
17 - Mark Henry
18 - Fandango
19 - Tyler Breeze
20 - Curtis Axel
21 - R-Truth
22 - Goldust
23 - NXT Superstar
24 - James Ellsworth
25 - UK Champ/Jobbers like Accession/Vaudevillains
26 - Cruser-weight/Jobbers like Accession/Vaudevillains
27 - Bo Dallas
28 - Rhyno
29 - Hawkins
30 - Titus

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:54 pm

Finn Balor isn't going from beating Reigns and Rollins to the Jobbers Battle Royal lol.

No point even trying to predict this stuff yet, also Ambrose and Cena isn't happening lol and no one should want it yet either. Putting those two together off a month of feuding is a waste.

Build it properly and do it next year, there's no rush for this neither guy is going anywhere. We complain that they fail to long term book anything all the time except when it involves guys we like.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:08 pm

Shaq-BS does not need to happen lmao, no idea why they bother for that trash booking, no one cares about Shaq lol.

Orton - Wyatt can and should continue as a tag team for a while, it'll be sweeter for them to break up later, at Mania it'll just be predictable

Ambrose i have no idea what they're gonna do with him, maybe pick a fight with Joe?

Ideally Finn should get involved with the Universal title scene
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:19 pm

I completely agree, but they started it last year and it was all agreed upon then lol.

Not the first time they have done this sadly, also Orton and Wyatt depends on how the story is built from here on out.

We'll have to see, like i said before if Orton were to win the Rumble and and Wyatt were to win the Elimination Chamber or vice versa then it should be on the show.

No better story on the Smackdown side right now, assuming AJ-Cena gets blown off at the Rumble than those two.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:30 am

saw a pic of Show and Strowman squaring off a few days ago compared to them squaring off a year ago, both of them have lost a lot of fat and toned up, both look more legit now, no homo.

is RG gonna be back for the Rumble? I can't remember which was my fav rumble, tbh, probs be cliche and say 2001, watched that with all my school friends and marked out ffs for Stone GOAT
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:25 am

No way is Orton or Wyatt winning. No way is that going to be the SD WWE title match ahead of Styles, Ambrose or Cena.

I'm going with Undertaker rumble winner.

Speaking of...

silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:04 am

Orton vs Wyatt is supposed to be WWE Title match.

Wyatt to win the Chamber & Orton is the bookies favorite (& Wrestling Observer) to win the title.

There is no scope for Balor unless the squeeze him in the Jericho vs Owens. There is simply no space!

After Mania, Golberg, Taker, HHH, Lesnar will take a hiatus. You will see Balor, Joe, Nakamura getting good pushes & Styles-Ambrose etc will be having top feuds!

Last edited by footyfan01 on Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:36 am

silver wrote:No way is Orton or Wyatt winning. No way is that going to be the SD WWE title match ahead of Styles, Ambrose or Cena.

Speaking of...

Never said it was, just that it wouldn't be a bad idea IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:40 am

Firenze wrote:saw a pic of Show and Strowman squaring off a few days ago compared to them squaring off a year ago, both of them have lost a lot of fat and toned up, both look more legit now, no homo.

is RG gonna be back for the Rumble? I can't remember which was my fav rumble, tbh, probs be cliche and say 2001, watched that with all my school friends and marked out ffs for Stone GOAT

He said that he wouldn't be iirc, also Show has lost a ridiculous amount of weight.

I don't particularly want to see him on TV anymore but fair play to him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:45 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
silver wrote:No way is Orton or Wyatt winning. No way is that going to be the SD WWE title match ahead of Styles, Ambrose or Cena.

Speaking of...

Never said it was, just that it wouldn't be a bad idea IMO.

I have liked their storyline but it just isn't too big of a fan attracting feud to be SD's main event imo.

Do agree with silver. Atleast one of Cena, Styles or Ambrose should be in SD's main event.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:51 am

I guess i'm old fashioned, would prefer the storyline to take precedence over everything else no matter who is involved.

The story that can be told with Orton and Wyatt is better and arguably bigger than any other option IMO.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:00 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I guess i'm old fashioned, would prefer the storyline to take precedence over everything else no matter who is involved.

The story that can be told with Orton and Wyatt is better and arguably bigger than any other option IMO.

I don't disagree with this. I am just disagreeing with the idea of having Orton in the main event and getting his retribution against Wyatt by winning the title at Mania. No matter how good the storytelling in this feud is, people would still want to see Styles or Cena or even Ambrose in the main event scene rather. It just won't draw enough hype bcoz Wrestlemania season will have plenty of casuals following the product who wouldn't have followed the storytelling closely.

Rock and Cena had no storytelling yet it drew money like crazy. I personally think AJ or Ambrose or even Miz merit a main event spot based on how they've performed this past year imo. You just know the end result with these group of guys would be good regardless of the quality of the storytelling.

SD has outperformed Raw this year. Give the main event spot to the best guy on the roster. That's how I would see things personally.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:06 am

The only reason why i don't consider that is Wrestlemania sells itself nowadays, it's basically the Pro Wrestling equivalent of the Superbowl.

People will turn up to watch it regardless without even having a clue of who is taking part. It's bigger than the product itself, while i don't disagree with your alternatives i don't think it effects the bottom line of getting people to watch.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:08 am

Also Mole, Orton and Wyatt not being built strongly this past year is another reason why I wouldn't have it as a main event. Orton got squashed by lesnar while Wyatt gets buried in pretty much every ppv except perhaps Survivor series.

But I guess we'll see.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:13 am

Wyatt hasn't lost on PPV for as long as i can remember honestly ( other than the Kane one which was a last minute thing due to a legit Orton injury and was because Orton RKOed him)

He won at Battleground, No Mercy, Survivor Series and TLC.

I'm trying to think what happened before that as he was injured before that, but yeah i don't really have an issue with his booking since the brand split.

Don't disagree on Orton though, it should be probably be said that he's like Cena in the sense he's so respected as a legend that losses don't really effect him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Jf2RzFtCg
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:30 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwG2NnlwpYk&t=307s
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:43 pm

Am I the only one who isn't going to look at the Pre-Rumble betting odds?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:58 pm

I never look at them, usually forget betting on wrestling is a thing BUT I was reading Neogaf RR thread yesterday and they were openly discussing who the betting favorite was ffs. Hope there's a swerve, although I wouldn't mind that person winning, I just like there being a surprise. Especially in the rumble where it usually isn't a wrestling masterclass and reliant on spots.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:00 pm

I'm trying to ignore them and hope you all do too.

Although i accidently saw the same posts on NeoGAF too, although i remember 3 or 4 being odds on lol.

So even the betting guys don't really know yet, they have narrowed it down but there doesn't seem to be one outstanding favourite among betting which is good.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:34 pm

Yup and that's exactly why I'm not going to look at them before the event. In the previous Rumbles, the winner was obvious so it didn't really matter. However, an unpredictable Rumble winner is rare these days, so I gotta enjoy it while it's there. Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:11 pm

Orton/Wyatt isn't big enough to main event Mania imo. B+ PPV main event at best.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:13 pm

hmm

http://www.wwe.com/polls/which-superstar-do-you-most-want-to-see-step-in-the-ring-with-the-undertaker-at-wrestlemania

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:51 pm

AJ and Cena dominating lol.

They'll take the poll down when they realise Reigns isn't getting any votes like the previous 5 polls which Styles and Cena dominated.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:39 am

Watching Takeover and Roderick Strong is generic as *bleep* lol.

At least Andrade has some semblance of charisma and showmanship in him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next