BarrileteCosmico
McAgger
M99
Freeza
RealGunner
41 posters

Page 13 of 38 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25 ... 38  Next

Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by Freeza Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:20 pm

Myesyats wrote:We have one Polish guy :bow:

Yeah this is one thing I'd have liked to happen. Don't know if it was just that hard to find Polish actors with enough English capabilities. Don't know enough about your film culture, even though I've worked with some Polish women at my last job.

Is Culzac a Polish name?

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread

Post by Myesyats Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:27 pm

Maciej Musiał (Sir Lazlo) is the Polish guy. I've only seen him in a sitcom so I can't really say if he's a good actor.

Culzac isn't a Polish surname. Natasha is also not a Polish name, it's way more common in Russia/Ukraine.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:31 pm

Myesyats wrote:Maciej Musiał (Sir Lazlo) is the Polish guy. I've only seen him in a sitcom so I can't really say if he's a good actor.

Culzac isn't a Polish surname. Natasha is also not a Polish name, it's way more common in Russia/Ukraine.

Ah okay, I thought it sounded somewhere out East at least.

It's just never really done (casting from the places of source).

Black Panther as an example hardly had any Africans in it.
A lot of Viking fiction disregards a lot of the Scandinavian stuff. Mainly Thor is a culprit, but it don't bother me at all, since I find Danish accents distracting.

Vikings the TV show does fairly well though. Makes sense considering it's a tv show from a channel called "History Channel" or something. And even then it's only a handfull at max.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:45 pm

I'd say with Polish actors is like with Polish footballers. There's not many very good ones. Laughing I guess the major reason would be that they don't get enough funding.

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:03 pm

Myesyats wrote:I'd say with Polish actors is like with Polish footballers. There's not many very good ones. Laughing I guess the major reason would be that they don't get enough funding.

Yeah it’s hard as hell to do movies when you’ve got a unique language than can only really sell in your own country. Not much opportunity for business.

Going to see a Polish movie the upcoming days, which sounds good. It’s called Cold War and is one the Oscar favourites.

So I think they might be on the way up.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:06 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Some more castings announced

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/netflixs-witcher-see-henry-cavill-as-geralt-rivia-1156713?__twitter_impression=true

This is Triss
The Official Netflix, Disney+, Amazon and HBO Max Thread - Page 13 59989254dcf03eb470285796940980ed

She'd be a great Yennefer
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:59 pm

Dandelion and Cahir look perfect. I'm surprised they are casting Cahir, Triss, Fringilla etc this early.

No casting for Essi Daven and Borch Three Jackdaws means two of the best short stories won't be adapted though...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RwDDdrRhCU
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:05 pm

Latest Daredevil 8/10
It started off very well but some things were rushed towards the end creating a few plot holes, and the ending episodes weren't as dark as the first few episodes suggested. Shame. Still good though.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:15 pm

Oh god...
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:50 pm

smh
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:53 pm

Some good news.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13nSISwxrY4
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:45 am

Watched the pilot of that Sabrina show, i like it so far.

Giving me some subtle Harry Potter vibes in terms of transition between real world and the Witch like stuff.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:52 am

I just finished it this morning. I largely liked it. Very much has Harry Potter vibes going for it, but with more obvious horror/ occult themes. Netflix is the perfect medium for this show. I expected to want to go watch Riverdale after this, but I still have no real interest in it so meh.

It wasn't as procedural (1 monster per episode) that I thought it would be so that was encouraging. I won't be surprised if the actor who plays Susie pops in more roles, they were a standout for me.

Good show overall. Looking forward to season 2.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:49 am

I was more impressed with Shipka, she's a legit star. Never watched Mad Men, so can't comment on her there. But damn.

Also the gay cousin is incredible. Haven't seen him before either.

No need to praise Lucy Davis and Miranda Otto. They're great as always. Love to see them getting to ham it up.

Also still can't accept that the british headmaster isn't played by Martin Csokas. Looks more like him than the actor playing him when looking up their pictures.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:58 am

Yup, I kept mistaking him for Craig Parker myself. This would've been a great, if typecast role for him. If Dumbledore worshipped Satan and was a century younger, he'd probably be something akin to Father Blackwood.

Shipka was amazing in Mad Men. She had some real scene-stealers in that one. To call her precocious in that one would be an understatement.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:22 am

Almost want to make me watch Mad Men. I've tried several times, but I just hate Elizabeth Moss so much.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:39 am

Watch Mad Men pls.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:30 am

Mckenna Grace is playing young Sabrina apparently.

Ridiculous how much alike they look. And they're both talented enough to make it work. Usually when casting for looks, they only have the lookalike trait, and not the same level of chops.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:14 pm

Binged La casa de papel aka The Money heist in last 3 days and man what a great show. very very entertaining i give a 9.

but one problem i have is that the relationship between characters went from 0 to 10 on a daily basis lol.

one scene they point a gun at each other the next they are buddies and want to die for each other lol.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:28 pm

Mamad wrote:Binged La casa de papel aka The Money heist in last 3 days and man what a great show. very very entertaining i give a 9.

but one problem i have is that the relationship between characters went from 0 to 10 on a daily basis lol.

one scene they point a gun at each other the next they are buddies and want to die for each other lol.

If you think about the show for a minute you'll see that many things don't make that much sense but it's entertaining as hell so I approve.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:27 am

Netflix cancels Daredevil

good riddance
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:31 am

Firenze wrote:Netflix cancels Daredevil

good riddance

Barely watched it but genuinely can't tell if you're fishing for bites or not Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:38 am

what is next
cancel punisher?
bore off
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:03 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Firenze wrote:Netflix cancels Daredevil

good riddance

Barely watched it but genuinely can't tell if you're fishing for bites or not Laughing

Little of both tbh. Found the first season pretty good, second was mostly rubbish.

It's one of the most over-hyped TV shows ever IMO.

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:29 am

I'm legit shook by this, but I do feel better now given they cancelled Luke Cage so callously.

That said, this is a shocking decision from Netflix. Can't bode well for Jessica Jones and Punisher either.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:55 am

Stopping watching these shows after Luke Cage season 1 is the best investment I’ve ever made.

Shows were dreary and not enjoyable to watch, stretched out for way too long.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 38 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25 ... 38  Next