Robespierre
RealGunner
sportsczy
rincon
S
61 posters

Page 15 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 33  Next

Go down

The European Super League Megathread - Page 15 Empty Re: The European Super League Megathread

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:33 pm

S wrote:
Nishankly wrote:Milner the first ESL player and VC of a club to speak out

He's at the end of his career and largely irrelevant outside of the Pool/PL fraternity.

Maybe they should ask these questions to those players whose opinions really matter.. Most likely you won't get any response or they'll probably dodge/evade the question.

He was the LFC captain on the night the only team is by force on the media right now. Klopp is on the same page.

Bamford going at it as well. What a man.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

The European Super League Megathread - Page 15 Empty Re: The European Super League Megathread

Post by farfan Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:45 pm

Bruno Fernandes was the first to do so.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:47 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:There's really only one way to stop this

fans need to make clear that they will boycott it

and not just match going fans

also us armchair fans

We need to save football

Good luck with that. Like I said in the other thread, there was outrage in '97 too and look where we are now
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:50 pm

farfan wrote:

Bruno Fernandes was the first to do so.

Well done, we need all the support to stop this madness, hope they are more vocal when they are put infront of mic.

Klopp:

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:55 pm

HaplessHans used the proper word : nightmare

Sadly I feel we fans are impotence on it, it's as if we don't exsist, at the end clubs care more about disposable fans that guarantee big market to expand

But football players can change something if they are moving

I declare the Save Football Commitee - James Milner Column

Last edited by Robespierre on Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:59 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Kaladin wrote:There's no way UEFA bans these clubs from UCL this season right? Their TV rights-holders (BeIN/Sky/ whoever) will claw at their necks for the amounts they paid to display those games.
they better ,otherwise the clubs will think they have no bite

They won’t, because they don’t have any bite. UEFA has absolutely no power to stop this because the clubs hold all the leverage. The only way this stops is if the clubs themselves back out due to fan/player backlash.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:03 pm

Robespierre wrote:Hap used the proper word : nightmare

Sadly I feel we fans are impotence on it, it's as if we don't exsist, at the end clubs care more about disposable fans that guarantee big market to be expended

But football players can change something if they move on

I declare the Football Save Commitee - James Milner Column

There are only two things that can change this.

A) The Players - who can put a stop to this upto a point, if the fans accept, who are they do stop anything?

B) The fans - I don't trust the fans since most of us are so so so emotionally invested in our clubs, we'd even watch if these clubs were run by Hitler until proven guilty. They will be the ones who will just accept it like the norm and allow the sport to be redefined and changed for fun. These owners have proper mgmt teams behind them making these decisions and they have incorporated the fact that most fans are helpless and will follow the Shepard onto a highway.

As I said, this is literally the last chance for fans to be fans and make some noise, else they are now just customers considering these clubs can now change the paradigm of a sport rather than just choosing how to spend on an investment without question.

Football will not be the same if this comes to play.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:10 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Robespierre wrote:Hap used the proper word : nightmare

Sadly I feel we fans are impotence on it, it's as if we don't exsist, at the end clubs care more about disposable fans that guarantee big market to be expended

But football players can change something if they move on

I declare the Save Football Commitee - James Milner Column

There are only two things that can change this.

A) The Players - who can put a stop to this upto a point, if the fans accept, who are they do stop anything?

B) The fans - I don't trust the fans since most of us are so so so emotionally invested in our clubs, we'd even watch if these clubs were run by Hitler until proven guilty. They will be the ones who will just accept it like the norm and allow the sport to be redefined and changed for fun. These owners have proper mgmt teams behind them making these decisions and they have incorporated the fact that most fans are helpless and will follow the Shepard onto a highway.

As I said, this is literally the last chance for fans to be fans and make some noise, else they are now just customers considering these clubs can now change the paradigm of a sport rather than just choosing how to spend on an investment without question.

Football will not be the same if this comes to play.

ESL  clubs are lucky that fans can't protest because stadiums are closed due to pandemic.

Otherwise I think we could 've witnessed towards harsh protests.
It's impossibile now.
When stadium will open again .. .I fear we'll already have this crap.
Internet protest haven't same effect. We live in a period where you can't protest concretely.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:11 pm

Warrior wrote:

In NBA a third of the league is tanking expecting to be rewarded the first draft pick. Half of the games are such poor quality there's no need to even watch.

The beauty of football: clubs pay for their mediocrity. Either relegated or they don't participate in european comps. Arsenal and Spurs have not won a league title in decades, certainly they don't have higher chances now. Dortmund might enter at some point, for more money in the bank but almost guaranteed to finish bottom half of standings forever. Disparity will occur within the Superleague so it will be a majority of empty games, no reward no consequences.

The NFL has a draft and nobody is tanking there. That's because the teams have 22 starters (25 with the kicker, the punter and the long snapper) so a single player won't change your fortunes like in basketball where there are only 5 starters.[/quote]
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:12 pm

Yes teams tank in NFL although it's less blatant than NBA

Dolphins did several times

Last edited by Warrior on Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:13 pm

Players won't do anything when they hear how much money they'll be making
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:15 pm

Warrior wrote:Yes teams tank in NFL

Dolphins did several times

No, they didn't, they just sucked. That franchise is terrible, they have JLo and Gloria Estefan among their owners. And Miami people don't care about their local teams
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:24 pm

Sports in Florida is not very popular. Except Tampa Bay Lightning strangely Laughing but what i meant in that post, lesser teams from ESL won't have much possibility to win it. Top players will still sign for the top clubs Real, Barca, Man Utd... Tottenham will become the equivalent of Sacramento Kings, they sign what remains, get poor results, and no possibility (draft pick) to drastically improve their case
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:30 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:32 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:33 pm

Warrior wrote:Sports in Florida is not very popular. Except Tampa Bay Lightning strangely Laughing but what i meant in that post, lesser teams from ESL won't have much possibility to win it. Top players will still sign for the top clubs Real, Barca, Man Utd... Tottenham will become the equivalent of Sacramento Kings, they sign what remains, get poor results, and no possibility (draft pick) to drastically improve their case

The NBA doesn't have much parity because of the nature of the sport. The squads are small, so a single player is more influential. The NHL and NFL are much more apt examples, over there the perennial bad teams are bad because of incompetence, not because of impotence
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:38 pm

All that florida doesnt care about sports talk is over blown. Highschool and little league games are full year round. And they pump out a shit ton of talent for a reason. But If youre going to make me pay 100+ to watch sports live, charge me 15 for a heineken, 50 for parking, and then make me drive home in Miami traffic, youd better put out a quality product. This isnt cleveland, theres waaay too much to do in Miami (which costs) for me to blindly hand over my cash to prove im a "loyal fan". Even the Heat, whove been ragged on for poor attendance is always top half in that respect, even during shit seasons.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:41 pm

I'm watching Perez live interview with Chiringito right now.... I can't believe how much of a straight up douchebag Agnelli is Laughing

Uefa pres: Agnelli I'm hearing rumors of the superleague, is it true?

Agnelli: nahhhhh man it's false rumors don't worry.

1 hour later: ESL officially announced

Grade A scumbag Laughing
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:44 pm

PL being so popular is making Arsenal and Spurs get the brunt of the banter. Milan somehow escapes unscathed. I can only imagine the aneurysms ES, Cas, Arq, Jesp and all of the lads will get when Pioli brings on Meite, SalesManager and Krunic in the second half against Real Madrid.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by adun101 Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:46 pm

M99 wrote:PL being so popular is making Arsenal and Spurs get the brunt of the banter. Milan somehow escapes unscathed. I can only imagine the aneurysms ES, Cas, Arq, Jesp and all of the lads will get when Pioli brings on Meite, SalesManager and Krunic in the second half against Real Madrid.

I'm pretty sure they'll be able to afford better players
adun101
adun101
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:47 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:50 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:52 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:53 pm

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:53 pm

S wrote:

The bullshitter calling bullshit? lol

Bayern and PSG (and Lyon and Dortmund) were expressly involved when it started. Saying we haven't "invited" them is probably true... because they already said that they weren't interested lol
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:56 pm

Florentino Perez wrote:First time I'm here at El Chiringuito TV and maybe the last time too.

The big clubs of England, Spain and Italy have to find a solution to tackle the bad situation that football is experiencing.

We've come to the conclusion that by replacing Champions League with the Super League, we'll be able to alleviate the lost income due to the pandemic. You have to make profitable income by producing more competitive games.

When you have no income other than the broadcasting rights, you come up with a solution of producing more attractive games that enable fans from all over the world to watch the big clubs play against each other.

Real Madrid in two seasons have lost 400 million euros, and that's just Real Madrid. At Real Madrid we're in a very bad economic situation. The ESL will save the clubs financially.

Football has changed...interest was being lost as audiences were going down, and the TV rights also being reduced. Something had to change. And the pandemic told us, ‘do it now’, We are all close to bankruptcy. 40% of young people aren't interested in football, because there are too many games of low quality. And we had to adapt.

Football needs to change to be more attractive globally. Instead of making the Champions League because it lost interest as he had in 1950, change comes and even at the time FIFA and UEFA were against it. But that's how football changed.

The attractive thing in football is playing between big clubs,  the value for television increases and more income is generated. It's not just the rich who want the Super League, we're doing it to save football because it's at a critical moment.

t will become like a pyramid because we big clubs will have more money and we will be able to invest it by buying players... if the big clubs lose their money as is happening, the whole football system crashes as with the Champions League

The Super League is NOT a closed league, it's absolutely not true. Whoever wins the five available spots will be able to play with the other best teams in the world.

All I do is for the good of football.

Last edited by M99 on Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 33 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 24 ... 33  Next