a New European Super League would be better?

+13
Great Leader Sprucenuce
HscouserZ
EarlyPrototype
xabi
H.A.
guest7
Albiceleste
Ali
julias
che
OLpower
El Chelsea Fuerte
The BoyWonder
17 posters

Go down

a New European Super League would be better? Empty a New European Super League would be better?

Post by The BoyWonder Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:11 am

The format could be just like the CHampions League, except that this would only be for the top teams. I mean Uefa has gone nutz introducing more minnows in the competition. There was a time when the groupstages were actually really exciting and unpredictable. Nowadays the group table looks exactly like the seeding layers. Even the round of 16, there are too many low quality teams and makes up for predictable and one sided games = not much excitement.

I recently thought, what if European clubs parted with UEFA, and created their own ''Champions League'' - some sort of Super League. The teams should be the best of Europe. no more romanian, or bulgarian minnows. no more 5-0 wins. no more teams having 16+ points after 6 group games.

The format could be the same having 32 teams devided into 8 groups. Just look at how many quality teams missed out on CL this season, and look how many shiitty teams are playing. It's almost disturbing.

You could have all the top teams of England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France and Portugal, and the Dutch League too. These nations are the best in European football and also have the biggest teams, which would attract a lot of money. A breakaway from Uefa would be really good in terms of finance.

Just take a look at teams participating:
1. Man Utd
2. Chelsea
3. Liverpool
4. Arsenal
5. Man City
6. Tottenham
7. Barcelona
8. Real Madrid
9. Atletico
10. Valencia
11. Villareal
12. Malaga (soon enough wc)
13. Milan
14. Inter
15. Juventus
16. Roma
17. Napoli
18. Lazio
19. Bayern
20. Dortmund
21. Schalke
22. Hamburg
23. Porto
24. Benfica
25. Ajax
26. PSV
28. Lyon
29. PSG
30. Marseille
31. best placed cup winning team (in national league)
32. best placed cup winning team (in national league)

wouldn't it be more exciting watching Ajax facing Liverpool, or Juventus vs Manchester United, or Napoli vs Dormund, PSG vs Benfica than watching Bate vs Golelu or someteam u can't even spell the name of?

this would actually help restore some of the big teams like Ajax, PSV, Benfica, Dortmund, Lazio, Valencia, Atletico, and Liverpool and Juventus to get more money and become world class again.

and lastly, let's be honest here, having minnows in the CL doesn't help them the much. They get more money sure, but it's not like these teams are ever gonna become CL contender. They are just killing the entertainment by being so lousey, and most of these minnows qualify one season, and the next season they are gone.

Last edited by The BoyWonder on Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:18 am; edited 4 times in total

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

a New European Super League would be better? Empty Re: a New European Super League would be better?

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:13 am

I agree. No use introducing teams from small leagues, it's not like they are stronger than the ones that don't make it from the stronger leagues.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

a New European Super League would be better? Empty Re: a New European Super League would be better?

Post by OLpower Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:17 am

I can't accept it.

Maybe you can just mix 16 English team , 8 spanish and 8 italians while you are high.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:19 am

OLpower wrote:I can't accept it.

Maybe you can just mix 16 English team , 8 spanish and 8 italians while you are high.

I suggest you read the list again.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:19 am

so tottenham, atletico and juventus deserve a cl place more than cska moscow?

mkay...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:24 am

football nowadays is entertainment on same level as the hollywood. and I pay money to watch some quality football on the tv, or in the stadium, so yes I DEMAND THE BEST FOR MY MONEY. I WANT QUALITY

I don't pay my TV channel bills just to watch Inter facing some unknow team u can't even spell the name of. I want ENTERTAINMENT. I want quality

there is nothing wrong with that.

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:27 am

english_jewel wrote:

I suggest you read the list again.

I already read it but I prefer the champion's league. This is the real European league with the champions having a chance to play in the champion's league either directly or by qualification.

It should not exclude all the other leagues. And what the point of having 6 or 7 english team? This is not PL. 4 is already more than enough.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The BoyWonder Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:29 am

well if u want to watch minnows they could form their own competition, don't you think the fans of these minnow teams get hurt and humiliated when their team loses 5-0 each game in the groupstages??

It's not fun being a fan of a minnow team when ur team gets thrashed every game. give the minnows a chance for glory too?

The BoyWonder
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:31 am

The BoyWonder wrote:

well if u want to watch minnows they could form their own competition, don't you think the fans of these minnow teams get hurt and humiliated when their team loses 5-0 each game in the groupstages??

It's not fun being a fan of a minnow team when ur team gets thrashed every game. give the minnows a chance for glory too?

We trashed Debrecen two years ago two times 4-0, but they were still happy to play C1 eventough they ended with the worst defense, they put out better matchs against Liverpool and Fiorentina. They want their chance in CL.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:33 am

The BoyWonder wrote:

you mean like when braga beat arsenal? basel beating roma? twente drawing with inter?

nah, let's watch ac milan - man utd 4 times a year...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:42 am

che wrote:
The BoyWonder wrote:

you mean like when braga beat arsenal? basel beating roma? twente drawing with inter?

This too, Shaktiar beating Arsenal and Roma would not even be in it.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:51 am

not being able to spell a clubs name somehow being linked to their level of quality just shows how ignorant you are and just how stupidly this post has been laid out

the whole purpose of "minnows" being in the CL is so they can develop their clubs and leagues, through the funds gained along with co-efficient points

Rubin Kazan came and made Barca's life hell for two years but nah lets just keep some "big" nam in a competition together so even if they become crap we can help them stay in top competition

if you think just watching big teams is the only interesting thing about the CL then just watch the final and save the rest to us people who actually enjoy and appreciate FOOTBALL and not jizzing to the though of Messi vs C.Ron every year without fail
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:57 am

I just noticed he didn't include Shakhtar in the list...

wtf?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:44 am

You can't be the champion of Europe if you don't include teams from all of Europe

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:47 am

A league doesn't have a final. Indeed more quality games but a good final is a game of a decade.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by H.A. Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:48 am

Some think eastern europe doesn't exist, that's why uefa have created this system to give them a chance, they have improved over the years if you look at them.

People simply need to overlook the group stages if they want to watch the strongest teams play. Tune in in February, that's when all the fun starts.
H.A.
H.A.
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:49 am

OLpower wrote:

that would be epic ⭐

xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:03 am

That wouldn't work. You cant have fans moving round Europe every weak chasing the club they support.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by HscouserZ Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:39 am

EarlyPrototype wrote:That wouldn't work. You cant have fans moving round Europe every weak chasing the club they support.

+ it would really impact the national leauges of the teams imgaine if the EPL loses its top 6 teams it wouldn't really become more competitive ... this goes by every leauge .
HscouserZ
HscouserZ
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:45 am

xabi wrote:
OLpower wrote:

that would be epic ⭐

No it would'nt..........

Just like how after the 2nd Clasico Real Madrid v Barca became boring.....

familiarity breeds contempt Thumbs up
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:47 pm

One of the best things about football is the complete surprises you can get. I am also an underdog lover and even though I support 2 big teams, when a smaller team gets ahead I cannot but respect them. Underdogs killing off giants (especially hated ones Wink) is ecstasy to me .

The "smaller" teams also deserve their chances and football fans deserve to see different talent apart from the usual divas. Who wants to see the same dudes 10 times straight, and all from the same country? Bo-ring.

Apart from contempt as Mole said, it also produces complacency. You're not getting that die hard attitude after the 10th game.

And I haven't even gotten to the financial side, which most of you already know. Sounds like a big fail, that competition.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:41 pm

We'd run over half the teams on that list easy...
justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:47 pm

An expanded club world cup would be the better.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:57 am

I would be bored to death if I'd have to watch only the same "big guns" facing each other all the time again and again. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I love to see "unknown teams" having their go against other more well known teams - and they can spring surprises, too.

Moreover, as someone pointed out already - a European Championship should have all champions of all European countries in it. With the current qualification rounds, the weaker champions might be weeded out early, but in theory they all have at least a chance to go through to the place where the music plays.

And BTW, HSV in that list? :lol!: The way they play atm they might be relegated this season. Werder could have been a better shot this time, but in Germany you can't easily pick out some fixed 4-6 teams which stand out - this can change completely from season to season. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down