Robespierre
RealGunner
sportsczy
rincon
S
61 posters

Page 9 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 33  Next

Go down

The European Super League Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: The European Super League Megathread

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:33 am

Casciavit wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Sport has been dead for probably over a decade anyway, this is just the final nail in the coffin.

I mean we've heard rumblings of this for like a decade but it has left such a bitter taste in my mouth. We are witnessing history.

It’s sickening.

To any of you who support this; sports is the one thing that unites us. Politics and money are what divide us. Just think about that for a second.

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The European Super League Megathread - Page 9 Empty Re: The European Super League Megathread

Post by Collblanc Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:36 am

FennecFox7 wrote:To any of you who support this; sports is the one thing that unites us. Politics and money are what divide us. Just think about that for a second.

Why didnt you use that same energy against UEFA/FIFA in the past 10 years?
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:37 am

Lmfao and people were crowning Bayern on a pedestal for being the 'moral' club, this the same club that housed a criminal and turned the tractor league into academies for their starting XI no wonder they're so against Red Bull, they just might upset the status quo

Cas called it
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:44 am

Collblanc wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:To any of you who support this; sports is the one thing that unites us. Politics and money are what divide us. Just think about that for a second.

What are you talking about; it’s pretty open knowledge UEFA and FIFA are corrupt
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:49 am

FennecFox7 wrote:
Collblanc wrote:

What are you talking about; it’s pretty open knowledge UEFA and FIFA are corrupt

So instead of crying about ESL, cry about UEFA/FIFA. Either option is pure shit.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:55 am

Collblanc wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:
Collblanc wrote:

So instead of crying about ESL, cry about UEFA/FIFA. Either option is pure shit.

Lol you really want to argue for the sake of arguing don’t you. What an empty post
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:08 am

Collblanc wrote:
Perucho21 wrote:UEFA and FIFA are probably just upset they are not getting a piece of the pie.

Money talks

100% lmao i cant believe people are actually defending UEFA/FIFA after they have created these conditions to begin with. cant blame the clubs for wanting more. can blame UEFA/FIFA for allowing it in the first place. now people want it to stay the same? why would you? allow oil states to buy clubs? allow companies like RedBull to own dozens of clubs? fuck UEFA/FIFA

Agreed. Fifa financial fair play and all these dumb regulations only gave more power to the elite... and the elite are giving them one big swift kick in the crotch. The elite clubs are the reason the world tunes in to watch UCL. They don't need UEFA or FIFA, their clubs alone are big enough to entice fans to follow them anywhere they go.

This was a long time coming and I am not surprised by this either. Now I'm hearing reports that the UCL was going to expand to include more teams. Why lose out on millions because Uefa needs to pay these small clubs, and form your own league where everyone gets a even bigger payout.

UEFA and FIFA tweeting that football fans need to unite and take a stand.... for what? You guys are just as greedy as the elite clubs but weren't smart enough to regulate them. Pathetic.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:15 am

Collblanc wrote:

no one on this forum has spent the last 10 years praising uefa or FIFA.

The fact that they suck doesnt give the 12 richest clubs the right to break away into a closed league where merit doesnt matter .
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:59 am

CBarca wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Will never fly.  

/thread

This will never happen.

Hapless_Hans wrote:Never say never IMO

Hans :bow:

I am an idiot lmaoo
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:17 am

Flo to oversee this new league? No surprise there. The world is fked, including football, just sad, but inevitable, everyone for himself especailly these rich and powerful ppl, they dont care about anything else.

For us fans, its definitely gonna dilute the quality of the matches and lose a lot of the attractiveness of the big games. Im sure a lot of ppl dont bother to pay to watch these anyway, just go see live streams Razz So it will be the rich paying to watch the rich only Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:54 am

in a joint statement,they used pandemic as one of those reasons to make this happen ...didnt they had this pre-planned way while ago? how much money do they want ?

this will go down as one of the most disgraceful night in football history.
i feel disgusted to support milan over this.

whats worse is that should any clubs, including the club i support back down and not join after all - i dont think UEFA nor the domestic league would just let milan off the hook ... there will be surely some serious sanctions for us points , penalty or banned in even domestic competition over this stupidity.

milan says their goal is to qualify for CL , well i am afraid that UEFA and lega serie a could potentially ban milan from even competiting in CL spots should they reverse this decision. teams like lazio, roma napoli could get like auto qualification on this looks like. i saw hosts of posts from our own fans absolutely gone furious with club over this also. btw same looks like for inter and juventus fans - like fans arent happy over this.

a month ago agnelli came to milan and in casa milan to hold joint meeting with inter and milan representatives and he said afterwards that meeting was successful. i thought this was about CVC interest in joining tv rights to serie a ...

massive respect to bayern and PSG for not joining this. no competition or league can ever beat the prestige of CL. UEFA hasn't been perfect and has their own shares of controversies but they are 100% right on being resilient over this.

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:18 am

https://www.politico.eu/article/emmanuel-macron-european-super-league-football/

French President Emmanuel Macron and British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Sunday their governments would support attempts to stifle the creation of a controversial European football “super league.”

According to one person familiar with behind-the-scenes discussions, the Italian and Spanish governments will echo that position.

I think it's going to be legislatively impossible for clubs to actually join this league.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:19 am

Kaladin wrote:

Lmfao and people were crowning Bayern on a pedestal for being the 'moral' club, this the same club that housed a criminal and turned the tractor league into academies for their starting XI no wonder they're so against Red Bull, they just might upset the status quo

Cas called it

Wheres the money coming from for these 12 clubs to receives for founding the Super League?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:25 am

BarcaLearning wrote:
Kaladin wrote:

Cas called it

Wheres the money coming from for these 12 clubs to receives for founding the Super League?

i read somewhere that JPMorgan Chase is going to help finance based on projected future tv revenues.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:25 am

sportsczy wrote:https://www.politico.eu/article/emmanuel-macron-european-super-league-football/

French President Emmanuel Macron and British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Sunday their governments would support attempts to stifle the creation of a controversial European football “super league.”

According to one person familiar with behind-the-scenes discussions, the Italian and Spanish governments will echo that position.

I think it's going to be legislatively impossible for clubs to actually join this league.

Witnessing history indeed. All due to not enough money to go around. Things are getting so extreme that governments having to fight in all areas of the commercial world too, including football clubs nowadays. Pretty ugly, but I imagine these types of things are gonna become more common unfortunately as the world continues to go downhill slowly.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:53 am

Lots of relief in the Romaverse that we're not part of this farce, but I think it's only a matter of time. Friedkin bought this club likely because of the eventual formation of this Super League and Roma's potential placement in it. That picture has become a lot more clear for me.

Pallotta got a lot wrong when he led Roma, but I feel super confident that he never would've supported something like this. The Friedkins? They've been good patrons so far, but this seems certain to be something they're going to want to be part of...and that disgusts me.

I truly don't believe I could continue supporting Roma if they join this league. The inevitability of that appears to have numbered my days as a supporter.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:23 am

Is it a big outrage in Europe currently ?

Even if this Superleague project gets cancelled eventually, the wickedness behind i will not forgive
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:27 am

Warrior wrote:Is it a big outrage in Europe currently ?

Even if this Superleague project gets cancelled eventually, the wickedness behind i will not forgive

Yes. Macron and Johnson already had statements last night, as well as every FA, UEFA, and FIFA. It was in the news immediately
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:28 am

I checked Juventuz.com and there is a poll about this super league, most people are in favor of it.

GL >>>>>>> every other place
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:29 am

rincon wrote:
Warrior wrote:Is it a big outrage in Europe currently ?

Yes. Macron and Johnson already had statements last night, as well as every FA, UEFA, and FIFA. It was in the news immediately

its a serious irreversible damage milan has done to themselves and im sure  it is the same for juve and inter on that respect.

fact that our club did little to hold joint discussion with rest of the clubs and holds out secret meeting with agnelli ... seriously wtf ... glad that european governing body including country's leader is against it.

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:50 am

So IF this goes through, and if these clubs aren't kicked out of the domestic leagues, how will any semblance of parity be kept in the leagues?

Basically every ESL becomes PSG no? If Juve, Inter, and Milan now have this extra huge income they will widen the gap more and more with the rest of the league.

Another option is that CL continues without these clubs and creates a second crop of clubs with stronger finances. Big IF though because how much money will CL get without the biggest teams. That would be the best case scenario.

Football inflation should also increase. There would be a "tax" on transfers from the outside to ESL clubs since they can pay more. Can see players running out their contracts more to force transfers into the top 12.

We are moving in the opposite direction.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:26 am

Yankees go home
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:28 am

Perez is an absolute legend. It was originally his idea to create a suoerleague

If they can get Bayern on board, it's bye bye Uefa
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:31 am

I can't believe anyone would be in favour of this absolute madness

It really only can be a power play of the big clubs to milk more money and concessions out of UEFA

This would be the end of football
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:44 am

The move screws over everyone left behind.

Either the ESL clubs stay in their domestic seasons and gain overwhelming financial advantage due to ESL money, further rendering top level competition worthless, or these clubs are removed from the system and the pool of money available to everyone else shrinks massively, reducing the level of quality.

The transfer market suffers, too. Already, we can see how there's one price for the Premier League, and one price for everyone else because of the money flowing in the PL. Imagine this but magnified. ESL clubs going from spending £40m on bench players to £80m; from spending £100m on stars to £250m. The left over teams will demand more because there's more money, and the ESL clubs will spend money because they're guaranteed cash every year. A scenario where they fail to qualify for competitions and lose access to a big pot of cash will no longer exist for them.

The ESL even acknowledged the trickle down economics of their new system. ESL money goes to other clubs, other clubs spend that money, funding those clubs to spend, and so on. But there's going to be a huge issue with transfers going the other way. When an ESL player wants to leave the system, his salary is likely to be too high for any non-ESL club, outside of a small few, to afford.

Even if the whole thing falls through, these clubs have caused severe damage to the game. Football is going to change massively, one way or another.

As far as the PL is concerned, I sincerely hope a new model of ownership is forced on the clubs. New owners coming in and throwing cash around was one of the major causes of all this.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:51 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Perez is an absolute legend. It was originally his idea to create a suoerleague

If they can get Bayern on board, it's bye bye Uefa

so, Bayern resist
Perhaps it's the only hope to delete this sh*t
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 33 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 33  Next