windkick
Donuts
47 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V6 - Page 38 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V6

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:46 pm

Myesyats wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Isn't De Jong rather the Busquets successor?

I thought he was more of a CM rather than a DM

It's not like I watch Eredivise though lmao

I don't either lol but we played them in CL and he even played CB IIRC, in a 3 man defense. Generally seems more Busquets than Xavi to me but I'm no expert either.
We're going to need @zigra

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:40 pm

https://www.football-espana.net/76519/barcelona-tracking-sao-paulo-winger-helinho

Barcelona are monitoring the progress of 18-year-old Sao Paulo winger Helinho, according to the Catalan club’s former defender Edmilson.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:50 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Isn't De Jong rather the Busquets successor?

I thought he was more of a CM rather than a DM

It's not like I watch Eredivise though lmao

I don't either lol but we played them in CL and he even played CB IIRC, in a 3 man defense. Generally seems more Busquets than Xavi to me but I'm no expert either.
We're going to need @zigra

"Barça see me as able to play in the 3 midfield positions, but in the short term more in Busquets' role. I’m going to Barça to try and be a starter, but it’s too soon to talk about that now.”

Okay he himself confirmed your theory.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:14 am

While the transfer fee is high, it is what it is. There is nothing we can do about the market. That's the price to pay for elite talent. Granted Arthur was an exceedingly good bargain for money but that was a one off and expecting to sign Arthurs for 30 mil is a pipe dream. We paid 140 mil for Dembele. While there were complaints for the first year and a half, now nobody complains about the price. We have ourselves a superstar in the making and the price seems worth it.

Well, FDJ is also considered a generational talent. Is he a guaranteed success? Probably not, but he has as good a chance as any to replace Busquets. If FDJ clicks, then we would have refreshed our ageing midfield in 2 windows.

I am rather happy with our squad now. I think we are well covered and the board has done a very good job of refreshing the squad. Now, we need to sell some of our ageing players to free up players. Also, give some of our La Masia talents a chance to shine. I am happy that Alena is finally getting a chance. Same needs to happen with Puig.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:00 am

Barcelona and Real Betis are finalizing the transfer of Brazilian right back Emerson. The player will start off at Real Betis but Barça will have the option to buy him or get percentages of future sales. He will cost around €12m in total (Barça €6m and Real Betis €6m. [md]
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:12 am

I think it’s clear what Barca is doing, and they see a player like DeJong as a staple for the next almost decade and it makes sense. Look at what Bayern is going through; all of the golden team that won the treble got old, and they didn’t do a good job at replacing them with enough time for the transition to not be felt and now they are suffering for it.

Barcas best players are all 29 about to be 30, 30 or 30 and older. These guys needs to replaced

Pique will be 32 in a few weeks = DeLigt is 19
Alba will be 30 in March = no clear back up, besides Miranda who isn’t ready.
Busquets and Rakatic both will be 31 in March = De jong is 21 and Arthur is 22, Aleña is 21
Suarez and Messi are 2 other guys that are 32, and the rumor is we are going after Jovic this summer who is 21.

These guys will be around to learn from the guys they are replacing without just replacing them over night.

Dembele is now clearly fitting in and proving to be worth his cost, and is only 21. Lenglet has also stepped up big and is only 23. Coutinho is the only real bad purchase and needs to go.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:24 pm

We signed a Brazilian RB named Emerson and loaned him to Betis. He is allegedly really good and will likely be Brazils future RB.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:42 pm

What should be done with Alba? His contract expires in 2020. He wants a 5 yr extension and a huge raise. Personally, I have never been a fan but he has been playing at his best level this season.
Still, he relies heavily on his speed and won't last more than 2 seasons. I am in favor of cashing in by selling him in the summer. He is one of the top LB's so should get 30m for him. Buy someone else to take over.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:24 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Buy someone else to take over.

And who would that be?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:35 pm

@Dany

Barça are prioritizing the left back spot and see Ferland Mendy (23, Olympique Lyon) as the ideal target [md]

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:51 pm

Why not sign back Grimaldo? Almost like the Alba story.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:20 am

For some reason the club now has a “no return” policy on Masia players who left. Dumb considering Alba, Pique did so. I’d love Grimaldo
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:21 pm

Barcelona and Eintracht Frankfurt striker Luka Jović have agreed terms on a contract that would bring the Serbian player to the Camp Nou this summer. [faz]

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:01 pm

yeah but they still need to negotiate with Frankfrut (who have the player on loan from Benfica).

Also rumors that PSG have started negotiations with Lyon for Mendy, and have offered 40M. I hope we don't get into another bidding war with them...as I don't think Mendy is worth it unlike De Jong. Rather we go after Grimaldo.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:08 pm

You definitely need an LB regardless of the fact that Alba is getting old. Your left flank was practically dead last night other than one run Semedo made.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:04 pm

i do one of these every year after the winter transfer window closes. gives you an idea of what deals will  happen in the summer (for example will the loan options be picked up, cash will come in from Gomes and what will happen with Cillissen, Rafinha, Denis and Vidal/Rakatic). Also Douglas and Vermalean are both out of contract in the summer from what I understand. And yes...Douglas is still ours (as is Turan)

F.C. Barcelona 2018-2019

Goal Keepers
Marc-André ter Stegen
Jasper Cillessen

Defenders
Gerard Piqué : Captain (3)
Jordi Alba
Samuel Umtiti
Sergi Roberto : Captain (4)
Nélson Semedo
Thomas Vermaelen
Clément Lenglet – Arrived from Sevilla
Jeison Murillo – on loan from Valencia
Jean-Clair Todibo – Arrived from Toulouse FC

Midfield
Sergio Busquets : Captain (2)
Ivan Rakitić
Sergi Samper
Rafinha – Return from loan, Inter Milan
Arthur Melo – Arrived from Grêmio
Arturo Vidal – Arrived from FC Bayern München
Carles Aleña – Promoted from Barcelona B

Forwards
Lionel Messi : Captain (1)
Luis Suárez
Ousmane Dembélé
Philippe Coutinho
Malcom – Arrived from Girondins de Bordeaux
Kevin-Prince Boateng – on loan from Sassuolo

Out on Loan until June 30, 2019
Douglas (Sivasspor), Adrián Ortolá (RC Deportivo de La Coruña), André Gomes (Everton), Denis Suárez (Arsenal)

Will Join on July 1, 2019
Frenkie de Jong (Ajax)

Out on Loan until June 30, 2020
Arda Turan (İstanbul Başakşehir)

Departed FC Barcelona
Andrés Iniesta (Vissel Kobe), Gerard Deulofeu (Watford), Lucas Digne (Everton), Aleix Vidal (Sevilla), Yerry Mina (Everton), Marlon Santos (Sassuolo), Paco Alcácer (Borussia Dortmund), Paulinho (Guangzhou Evergrande), Munir El Haddadi (Sevilla)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:16 am

The hell...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/transfer-news/barcelona-take-out-huge-bank-13994802.amp
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:03 pm

Just a thought on the transfer market next season, let's look at the areas where Barcelona can or should improve.

GK: this role is in good hands. Ter Stegen is one of the best goalkeepers in the world and dare I say Cillessen is the best backup goalkeeper in the world (or maybe Navas?).
Conclusion: Reinforcements not needed.

RB: While Semedo has improved in the past few matches and Roberto is a good backup for when you need more attacking power, this position is not the same as it was before when Dani Alves was playing. Still, the RB position is decent and these two boys should be trusted for now and the next season.
Conclusion: Reinforcements not needed.

CB: While Piqué is ageing, Vermaelen is ageing and most likely to leave, and Umtiti is having long term injury problems, the arrival of Lenglet, Tobido and Murillo (on loan) makes this position not in need of reinforcements yet. If De Ligt is also joined with Murillo making way, then you have a few CBs for years to come. Although one wonders how good Tobido and De Ligt will come, and weather Umtiti is bound to have a injury-ridden career, this position can wait for money to be splashed at it.
Conclusion: Reinforcements not needed yet.

LB: With Jordi Alba hitting 30 next month, this is a position in dire need of reinforcements. He has been playing some of his best football recently but the fact that he is ageing and more importantly the fact that there is no natural replacement for him in the team other than the inexperienced B product Miranda, with RBs often having to makeshift to play LB, this position must be strengthened with a young promising left back to slowly transition.
Conclusion: Reinforcements much needed.

Midfield: Barcelona's style of play is synonymous with build up through the midfield and a technically strong midfield. The current midfield lacks the flair of the amazing Xavi and Iniesta pairing, and with both Busquets and Rakitić declining due to age this is an area that should be strengthened. In my opinion Busquets just doesn't cut it in the modern game any more. While technically and tactically gifted he is too slow and often bypassed easily in midfield against pacier teams. The arrival of De Jong and Arthur are welcome additions but I'm not sure if they will become world class. I'm a big fan of Spanish players with experience in La Liga and would welcome Parejo or Isco (if could be signed cheaply). Paredes and Ramsey were also good options but they've been snapped up now with PSG and Juventus having two great midfielders in their squad for years to come.
Conclusion: A CM is needed.

Forwards: With both Messi and Suárez on decline and Neymar having left for khalifa money, this is another area in need of massive investments. Malcom is average and I'm not convinced by Dembélé and the less said about Coutinho the better. Dybala and Icardi would be my favourites to replace the current South American duo in the future, although different players. And I love Hazard, he was the natural replacement for Neymar but Barcelona decided to spend more money on a headless chicken instead, and now Hazard is Madrid-bound.
Conclusion: Needs to be reinforced before it is too late.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:00 pm

Apparently Rabiot is telling people he will be at Barcelona next season even though the club backed off after his mother/agent started asking for more money and we signed De Jong instead.

Rumors Rakitic is not getting renewed, pretty clear the club is looking at him to be the one to leave in the summer to make room for De Jong
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:46 pm

The club announced Sampers contract has been terminated and its expected he will announce he is signing on to the same club Iniesta, Podolksi and Villa are at - Vissel Kobe. Damn shame he never developed as planned. He showed he had the technical ability at every level of his Masia days but he is just so injury prone that halted his development. Same story basically as Muniesa. Best of luck Samper!

So the midfield for next season looks like this with age as of next season...

Arturo Vidal (32 years old)
Sergio Busquets (31 years old)
Ivan Rakitić (31 years old) **
Rafinha (26 years old)
André Gomes (26 years old) **
Denis Suárez (25 years old) **
Arthur Melo (23 years old)
Frenkie de Jong (22 years old)
Carles Aleña (21 years old)

Asterix next to players rumored out. Riqui Puig also rumored to be promoted regardless of what happens with Barcelona B this season, he would be 20 years old.

windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:24 pm

To think Alenha is already 21... wow.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:04 pm

Who would in their right mind sell Rakitić and keep Vidal Neutral

Puig is going to be one of the best but he needs to develop physically. Football nowadays without physicality is impossible no matter how talented you are.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:44 pm

Puig I think will be fine. He is like the same height as David Silva, or an inch or 2 taller, he's just mad thin.

If he were a defensive player I'd be worried about his size but if David Silva can do well in the EPL I think Puig will also do great once he fills out. They just need to make him hit the gym and stuff his face with protein for the next few years.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:20 pm

If Vidal is ok coming off the bench and causing tackling havoc off the bench once we have the lead like he did vs Madrid on Saturday, I have no issue keeping him an additional year. That said, he has complained about PT so idk if he's ok keeping that sort of role. Rakitic is great but he will be in the same boat as Vidal, meaning that he is likely to get benched barring De Jong or Arthur are under performing. That said, Rakitic seems like the type that he would get benched and not complain while Vidal on the other hand does.

You also have to keep in mind the club has to generate some money from sells, so they have to sell some assets at this point in order cover the De Jong fee and whomever they bring in for the backup LB role and striker roles. Rakitic still has value which is why I'm sure the club is keeping it's ears open considering offers for him.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:38 pm

Rakitic is a machine, he played a World Cup up until the final, starts every single game for us in every competition while making Messi's free role work defensively and shows balls in the big games. Replacing him with a 21 year old kid who played 2 seasons in the Dutch League and has some dribbles on Youtube will get us nowhere. But we paid € 80M for him so it's not logical to have € 140M Coutinho and € 80M De Jong on the bench. Hence: Sell Rakitic as long as he brings in money (and do the same to Coutinho unless Pep comes back and makes De Jong-Arthur-Coutinho midfield work somehow).

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:20 pm

Sell Coutinho instead of Rakitić. I'm sure Liverpool will have him back once their title challenge is in vain.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next