Hapless_Hans
Great Leader Sprucenuce
rincon
juve_gigi
S
83 posters

Page 27 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Go down

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 27 Empty Re: Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United

Post by rincon Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:28 pm

Joao Mario

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 27 Empty Re: Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:33 pm

I haven't watched Mario... but ok... him too.  The one's I watch, namely:
-  Griezmann
-  Pogba
-  Kante
-  Matuidi
-  Sagna
-  Evra
-  Ronaldo
-  Pepe
-  Moutinho
- Payet
- Martial

Have all started extremely slow or been wildly inconsistent. Many have been injured too.

You can throw Hummels, Boateng and Mueller in the mix too.  Ozil has zero assists for Arsenal.  Khedira..  i don't know.  Kimmich has been good.  Can has had a slow start.  etc.

Heck, Bale has been on and off too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:37 pm

Luca wrote:I guess it's true that as a Juventus fan I must be delusional because this seems like the same hate thrown at Paul by some of the same people no less.

Too much craziness to respond to, I don't have the time or the patience to address everyone, nor am I conceited enough to think many will even read my reply if there were one.

Anyways, Paul is a phenomenal player led by an absolute idiot. Well, two idiots- Raiola and Mourinho. I also blame Paul, he took an extra long vacation instead of sorting his club future out first and committing himself to a team. Raiola literally believes that the more times a player moves clubs, the better they become. Coincidentally, this is how he earns a living. Ibra's career is a reference point. Next we have Mourinho, he certainly is not getting the best out of many of his players. So far, it's been a very underwhelming tenure as a United manager for him.

As for Paul. The playing out of position argument is true but is only going to bring him so far. If you play out of position more than in position, eventually it just becomes "your position". And that's a very underwhelming use of Pogba. He's not a player that should be breaking up play or controlling play or taking 120 passes per game. He's a player that needs to play vertically and try to break the game open with his skill and power.

I miss Paul at Juve, what a player that the majority of y'all didn't get to see and by the looks of it, may not see at United

I miss Vidal more tbh! I am glad that he is not doing as expected after the tension he caused one whole month before leaving... As you said, Pogba is led by 2 idiots. Moise Kean's future will be no different if he explodes.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:39 pm

The only hope I have for Kean is that he is Italian, otherwise I'd expect to move twice before he turns 23.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:47 pm

Have said in the past, will say it again. Not worried even in the slightest. He is obviously finding it hard and is out of touch. But even amid his poor display out of nowhere the lad danced around a tackler and gave a pinpoint cross to ibra which he fluffed from point blank. I mean if thats what he can do when undergoing a poor patch of form, then I cant honestly wait to see what all he can do when he finally and eventually hit the ground running.
The lad himself has said he is having some troubling settling in. Its only October and he will come good sooner rather than later.

The worry for me personally is ........ Ibra pale not Pogba.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:50 pm

Glory wrote:Have said in the past, will say it again. Not worried even in the slightest. He is obviously finding it hard and is out of touch. But even amid his poor display out of nowhere the lad danced around a tackler and gave a pinpoint cross to ibra which he fluffed from point blank. I mean if thats what he can do when undergoing a poor patch of form, then I cant honestly wait to see what all he can do when he finally and eventually hit the ground running.
The lad himself has said he is having some troubling settling in. Its only October and he will come good sooner rather than later.

The worry for me personally on the other hand is ........ Ibra! pale
and people on this forum tried to hang me when I said a wouldent want Liverpool to pay all that money and take a chance om ibra. :coffee:
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:01 am

This thread is awfully quite after yesterday. Had to scroll nearly all the way down to find it.

I wonder why?

Smile
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:42 am

We were busy watching the Europa League, most prominent competition in Europa.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:46 am

RED wrote:This thread is awfully quite after yesterday. Had to scroll nearly all the way down to find it.

I wonder why?

Smile

Because the Pogba discussion has, rightfully, shifted to this thread
http://www.goallegacy.net/t39962p50-pogba-is-the-worst-120m-eur-player-out-there#1683261
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:25 pm

RED wrote:This thread is awfully quite after yesterday. Had to scroll nearly all the way down to find it.

I wonder why?

Smile

Hyping up superfluous goals in EL, what has happened Manchester United? Sad
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:34 pm

Van Gal and Moyes happened.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:37 pm

Lucifer wrote:SAF retirement happened.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:44 pm

So EL is superfluous...  right.  

I think Mourinho put it pretty well in the post game interview:    "I know Italian football very well.  It's completely different.  I'm not saying we're better, but different.  The intensity, the time you have on the ball, the number of touches you can take, the movement... it's all different.  We all knew it would take some time to adapt."

I'd like to remind people that Zidane took 6 months to adapt to Serie A when he went to Juve... he had a very hard time.  When he went to Madrid, it took him 7-8 months to play well.  

Cristiano also felt he was poor for his first 4 months at Real Madrid...  he actually went to Pellegrinni and apologized for his play.  He said he would work harder to get himself to the same level he was at Man U.  He had 13 goals in his first 15 games with Madrid... but only 1 assist and it took him 90 shots to get there.  4 goals came in 2 games against a OM team that was finding itself (finished the season strong though), 2 were against Xerez and 2 against Zurich.  

So you see...  changing leagues is not easy even for the very very best.

But in the end, people look at how you finish the season and your overall impact... not how you looked in September and October with no preseason Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:07 pm

Oh and let's not forget how wonderful Luis Suarez looked before January of his first season at Barca. It took Bale 2 years at Real Madrid Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:41 pm

so when pogba settles in and hits form what can we expect from him.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:04 pm

I don't mean to be cynical here but what you guys need to remember is (and many people forget that) he plays for a shit team. Which was not the case when he played at Juve.

At ManU the whole club counts on him and he is the pillar of their meidfield. This is brand new for Pogba, at Juve the main men were Marchisio or Vidal and he was there to support them. Pogba cannot carry his team all by himself, he is not that type of player, and he proved that last year when Juve was struggling.

Man Utd should be a quality midfielder ASAP to join forces with Pogba. Fellaini and Schneiderlin are dead wood. Carrick is a respectable player but he must be in his fifties by now... Herrera is good but not world-class.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:08 pm

Unique wrote:so when pogba settles in and hits form what can we expect from him.

Well he's supposed to cross or at least match the likes of Gerrard and Lampard, So i'd say more disappointment.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:12 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Unique wrote:so when pogba settles in and hits form what can we expect from him.

Well he's supposed to cross or at least match the likes of Gerrard and Lampard, So i'd say more disappointment.
tbh I'm not saying this to have a pop at pogba or because I'm a Liverpool fan but if pogba is a 120mil player how much would a 24yo gerrard be worth.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:14 pm

Warrior wrote:I don't mean to be cynical here but what you guys need to remember is (and many people forget that) he plays for a shit team. Which was not the case when he played at Juve.

At ManU the whole club counts on him and he is the pillar of their meidfield. This is brand new for Pogba, at Juve the main men were Marchisio or Vidal and he was there to support them. Pogba cannot carry his team all by himself, he is not that type of player, and he proved that last year when Juve was struggling.

Man Utd should be a quality midfielder ASAP to join forces with Pogba. Fellaini and Schneiderlin are dead wood. Carrick is a respectable player but he must be in his fifties by now... Herrera is good but not world-class.
man u gave 120mil for pogba and your saying they need to buy a quality midfielder ASAP Shocked
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:24 pm

Hey man, it's not me who spent that much for him, ask Woodward for explanations. From the beginning, Juventus made it clear that he was not for sale. Man Utd wanted him sooooooooo bad that they were willing to give the moon for him.

120M Laughing Marotta must be laughing in the beard he doesn't have.

Man Utd tries to reinvent football: hire a coach whose best years are behind him, buy Ibra the selfish 35 year old and overspend on Pogba. Is that good enough to reimplement the winning culture they lost when SAF retired ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:30 pm

Warrior wrote:Hey man, it's not me who spent that much for him, ask Woodward for explanations. From the beginning, Juventus made it clear that he was not for sale. Man Utd wanted him sooooooooo bad that they were willing to give the moon for him.

120M Laughing Marotta must be laughing in the beard he doesn't have.

Man Utd tries to reinvent football: hire a coach whose best years are behind him, buy Ibra the selfish 35 year old and overspend on Pogba. Is that good enough to reimplement the winning culture they lost when SAF retired ?
Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:45 pm

Pogba's style is not at all like Gerrard or Lampard or any of these people ffs.

His blessing and his curse is that he can literally play any midfield position physically and technically.  He can be a holding mid, B2B, CM, AM and even a 10 both and left or right side of the pitch.  Because he's so multi-skilled...  managers put him in the position that the other midfielders on their squad cannot play regardless of whether it's the best use for Pogba.  Why?  Because it's best for the team although not for him.  It happens for France NT all the time.

Just look at Man U so far...  He's played defensive B2B in a 4231, attacking B2B a 4231, AM in a 433, 10 in 442....  with his midfield partners changing between Fellaini, Herrera, Rooney and Mata. ...  in 10 games only with no preseason!

How the heck is he supposed to settle into anything in a new league with new teammates like this.

Despite it all, he's finding form slowly.  But he starts games slowly because...  it's literally new teammates and roles in almost every game.  So he takes time to find his marks.

Come January though, I hope Mou will settle into a regular starting 11 and rotations...  and settle for the most part Pogba's role into no more than 2 possible variations.  

What will he look like?  Like he did with with Juve.  Namely, a very skilled attacking player who breaches defenses and creates opportunities for his teammates.  He'll score 10-15 goals and have 10-15 assists for the season...  but teams will be forced to put 2 players to cover him, so his impact will be far more than just stats.

That's Pogba.

And btw... since France has settled into a 442 for 4-5 games in a row now, Pogba is finding his place... he looked phenomenal against the Netherlands.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:51 pm

Oh and he will dominate the midfield soon enough if Man U surround him properly.  He didn't do it last year at Juve early on because his midfield teammates were Pereyra and Padoin... and both Mandzu/Morata were injured on the attack too.  Juve was decimated.  

No great player can dominate a game alone.  None.  I've been watching/playing football for 35 years and Platini, Zico, R9, Romario, Van Basten, Zidane, Pirlo, Messi, etc. couldn't dominate games without very good teammates.  It's impossible.

Those players shined when they had players around them who were at high enough levels to allow them to express themselves.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:58 pm

And Laughing at Liverpool fans giving their opinion on a Man U player.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:19 pm

I tried to enter this thread earlier but I couldn't because the colossal amount of excuses for Pogba's suckage was blocking the entrance.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:27 pm

sportsczy wrote:Pogba's style is not at all like Gerrard or Lampard or any of these people ffs.

His blessing and his curse is that he can literally play any midfield position
physically and technically.  He can be a holding mid, B2B, CM, AM and even a 10 both and left or right side of the pitch.  Because he's so multi-skilled...  managers put him in the position that the other midfielders on their squad cannot play regardless of whether it's the best use for Pogba.  Why?  Because it's best for the team although not for him.  It happens for France NT all the time.

Just look at Man U so far...  He's played defensive B2B in a 4231, attacking B2B a 4231, AM in a 433, 10 in 442....  with his midfield partners changing between Fellaini, Herrera, Rooney and Mata. ...  in 10 games only with no preseason!

How the heck is he supposed to settle into anything in a new league with new teammates like this.

Despite it all, he's finding form slowly.  But he starts games slowly because...  it's literally new teammates and roles in almost every game.  So he takes time to find his marks.

Come January though, I hope Mou will settle into a regular starting 11 and rotations...  and settle for the most part Pogba's role into no more than 2 possible variations.  

What will he look like?  Like he did with with Juve.  Namely, a very skilled attacking player who breaches defenses and creates opportunities for his teammates.  He'll score 10-15 goals and have 10-15 assists for the season...  but teams will be forced to put 2 players to cover him, so his impact will be far more than just stats.

That's Pogba.

And btw... since France has settled into a 442 for 4-5 games in a row now, Pogba is finding his place... he looked phenomenal against the Netherlands.
if that's true then why do people keep saying he is being played out of position. hmm
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next