Hapless_Hans
Great Leader Sprucenuce
rincon
juve_gigi
S
83 posters

Page 31 of 36 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next

Go down

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 31 Empty Re: Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United

Post by Nishankly Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:47 am

At Liverpool, he was playing SS along side Andy Carroll and infront of Jay fcking Spearing starting every game week lool how can you forget all that. Pogba is surrounded by superstars, PL winners and elite talents.
The form im seeing from Pogba right now, I'd take Hendo over him atm rofl

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 31 Empty Re: Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United

Post by Nivash Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:59 am

sportsczy wrote:Suarez had 5 or 6 goals come January, which is my point.  Couldn't hit the side of a barn. He finished great...  But it took him 6 months to get going.

He couldn't hit the side of a barn in his first season at Liverpool either.

Suarez started his Barca career with a huge suspension. He only actually started playing for them at the end of October

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:19 am

Nivash wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Suarez had 5 or 6 goals come January, which is my point.  Couldn't hit the side of a barn.  He finished great...  But it took him 6 months to get going.

Suarez started his Barca career with a huge suspension. He only actually started playing for them at the end of October

And through Feb 21...

19  games all comps
7 goals
52 shots
13.5% efficiency

@tito

Ronaldo in his first season through Jan 16...

15 games
12 goals
92 shots
13% efficiency

But here's the killer...  4 goals were against Xerez and Tenerife.  4 goals were against Marseille, who was dowright awful to start that season (I'm a OM fan; Deschamps almost got fired; second half of season was great though).  Take these 4 games out... and he had 4 goals in the other 11 games.

But I guess stat padding against bad teams has always been CR's thing so you may be right.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:04 am

sportsczy wrote:Suarez had 5 or 6 goals come January, which is my point.  Couldn't hit the side of a barn.  He finished great...  But it took him 6 months to get going.

WHAT

seriously what the hell is wrong with you

Suarez wasn't allowed to play the first months due to his ban

Jesus *bleep* *bleep*

stop comparing Pogba to Suarez and Ronaldo for no discernible reason

why don't you add Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Eusebio while you're at it
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:21 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:

WHAT

seriously what the hell is wrong with you

Suarez wasn't allowed to play the first months due to his ban

Jesus *bleep* *bleep*

stop comparing Pogba to Suarez and Ronaldo for no discernible reason

why don't you add Beckenbauer, Cruyff, Eusebio while you're at it

No preseason (like Pogba) first game straight into competition (like Pogba) although he trained regularly with Barca for weeks before (not like Pogba):

Suarez through Feb 21 of his first season...

19 games all comps
7 goals
52 shots
13.5% efficiency
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by V Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:42 am

you forgot to mention the 12 assists he also had by that point

inb4 "a striker's job is to score goals"
V
V
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:42 am

what is your point? Why are you doing this?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:51 am

V wrote:you forgot to mention the 12 assists he also had by that point

inb4 "a striker's job is to score goals"

Which Pogba would easily have  half of by now if Ibra could hit the side of a barn for the past month+.   Ibra squandered 3 assists from Pogba yesterday alone. Give Pogba Messi, Neymar and Iniesta... and see how many assists he would have.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:52 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:what is your point? Why are you doing this?

Just pointing out that even the great players started out slowly when changing leagues/clubs. Yet Pogba is different? Please.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:55 am

breva wrote:Pogba can only play well as a mezz'ala. Play him as a mezz'ala with an excellent mediano (defensive midfielder) and a regista, and he will be fine.

Should have stayed in Italy then. There's no such thing as a mezz'ala in the English Premier League.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by V Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:57 am

Yes, I'm sure Iniesta would be raking in the goals with Pogba's help.
V
V
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:58 am

sportsczy wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:what is your point? Why are you doing this?

Just pointing out that even the great players started out slowly when changing leagues/clubs. Yet Pogba is different? Please.

So if I post a list of random scrubs and the stats to show how they struggled when changing leagues at first, that would prove that Pogba is in a bracket with them then too?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:24 am

Did I post scrubs?  My examples were Suarez, Zidane, Lewandowski, Bale and, to a lesser extent, Ronaldo.  I could throw in guys like Hazard, but I didn't.

Point is that, depending on what skillset you rely on, it takes time to adapt.  Some do it quicker while others take longer... but they all adapt.  You Pogba is 2 months into his premier league transfer, with no preseason, and there's all this garbage.

What is your point?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:26 am

V wrote:Yes, I'm sure Iniesta would be raking in the goals with Pogba's help.
I'm sure Iniesta would give Pogba room to make more/easier assists since teams can't focus just on Pogba...  not to mention MSN up front and Rakitic, Busquets, etc.

Want to keep going?

Nevermind actually.  This is yet another mindless GL thread... one of many.  enjoy your circle jerking. I'm done.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:02 am

Pogba isn't out of the oven yet and United at it's current state isn't the right place for him to continue his growth.

He should have stayed with us for at least a couple of seasons more or he should have transferred to a team with a more stable environment.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:19 am

"not out of the oven yet"... good expression
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:08 am

Nishankly wrote:7/10 performances satisfactory for United fans from a 120m player, That money should be winning you games single handedly. rofl

He would have won us the game single-handedly by delivering a wonderful ball right to Ibra's feet in the dying minutes. Rolling Eyes

Ibra is in dreadful form atm. Give us a striker who can finish and Pogba will be up there in the league in the assist charts.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:51 am

i'm not saying pogba's a bad player. i think he's good....but no matter how anyone spins it, his start can't be compared to cristiano's start with us...no comparison at all. cristiano was very visible, efficiency or not. you bring up the tenerife marseille games, utd have also faced some teams that aren't all that, and pogba's not played anywhere like a 9 figure signing. like  cristiano was visible, you knew, okay he's in the game

even zidane, he had a slow start cos goals weren't coming, but figo wasn't outshining him week in week out in the first few months. he was visible, it wasn't  like a fish out of water....you knew okay, we've got this guy, he's going to make a play one way or the other

i agree, its still the first couple of months, and unlike those guys, pogba's not a forward or attacking mid. he'll come good at some point, but, you can't compare his start to some of those other guys. cos frankly there's no comparison, and two, 120 million....i've never liked knee-jerk reactions, but at that price, one can't be surprised.

if we are to be realistic, the person who you can compare him too in terms of start to the season is probably veron at utd. both huge fees, and initial struggles. although i expect pogba to come good, because with veron, even his teammates put pressure on him due to the price utd signed him for (sounds ridiculous now, since such a fee would be considered low these days)....with pogba there's a lot more patience and that helps. but no, i'm sorry you can't put his start with cristiano's start and say it was similar......like, not even close
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:16 am

Zidane was benched at Juve when he moved from Bordeaux... as they played him in a new formation and he couldn't do it.

Pogba is going to be top 5 perennial BDO player come...  I'd say February.  He's already dominated 2-3 full games at Man U including this last one.  He's a CM....  not a scorer.  If you're going to compare stats that are relevant to strikers, have fun.

And no, Ronaldo was just more flamboyant because he shot from everywhere under the sun and refused to pass to open teammates... hence his feud with Higuain.  Thankfully, Pogba isn't trying to just go for himself until he adapts.  He's trying to help the team. So he's toned down the dribbling and playing simple while experimenting to see what works. Just because the wingers and other CMs are poor at Man U, the focus falls on Pogba a lot more than it otherwise would. Other than a 35 year old Ibra, there isn't another WC player on the squad... not even close. So it's all on him really.

And again, you're ignoring the slow starts of Hazard, Suarez, Bale, Lewandowski, etc.

And it's not even November Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:07 am

so you think if you put both cristiano and pogba's starts to the season on two separate screens they'll look similar? not their stats but full games on two seperate screens, you think it'll look similar? come off it. and you brought up the strikers. nobody on here brought that topic up, you brought up strikers so you just can't say "he's not a scorer"....bringing up other newly signed CMs might help your cause. but to bring up names like cristiano zidane bale lewa et al, who have attacking play as their prime outlet, and then fume at people either bringing up goals or offensive performance is strange

is the whole thing knee-jerk? yes. is the way his team is run helping matters? no...but at 120 million you can't get surprised that people expect so much. you can't sign someone for that much and expect regular things

frankly, i think he's been putting more pressure on himself and should restrict himself to doing the simpler things, rather than thinking he needs to prove his price tag.....which i'm sure is always at the back of his mind. its the social media age, anytime utd drop points that tag will be brought up, and pogba is aware of that
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:41 am

titosantill wrote:so you think if you put both cristiano and pogba's starts to the season on two separate screens they'll look similar? not their stats but full games on two seperate screens, you think it'll look similar? come off it. and you brought up the strikers. nobody on here brought that topic up, you brought up strikers so you just can't say "he's not a scorer"....bringing up other newly signed CMs might help your cause. but to bring up names like cristiano zidane bale lewa et al, who have attacking play as their prime outlet, and then fume at people either bringing up goals or offensive performance is strange

is the whole thing knee-jerk? yes. is the way his team is run helping matters? no...but at 120 million you can't get surprised that people expect so much. you can't sign someone for that much and expect regular things

frankly, i think he's been putting more pressure on himself and should restrict himself to doing the simpler things, rather than thinking he needs to prove his price tag.....which i'm sure is always at the back of his mind. its the social media age, anytime utd drop points that tag will be brought up, and pogba is aware of that

There's a reason I personally think you're the best Madrid poster on GL.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:30 pm

Tito is a fine poster indeed, even though about 90% of his posts are on topics (la liga) I'm not particularly interested in, I still like reading them eco smile
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:33 pm

Why are people using false equivalences to prove their point on Pogba?

Sports is correct. You have an over-the-hill emo coach in Mourinho using Pogba, a player used differently by Conte, Allegri and Deschamps and in what maximises his strengths (what it did for his weaknesses are irrelevant) as Steve McMahon always likes to say; square pegs, round holes.

Don't buy a player for 10000000000000000 pound sterling from where he is already happy and thriving and use him like a Scott Parker.

Yes the silly PogBACK and media campaign with 2Pac and posses was silly yet we have a proven youngster on all levels who simply is being used incorrectly and furthermore needs time to adapt.

Such sample size analysis must be analysed accordingly, not conclusively.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:36 pm

I brought up the strikers stats in the context for strikers...  I just mentioned similarly priced players who took months (much more than 2) to play ok, let alone well.  Then others brought up goals and assists for Pogba lol.  I brought the stats up for strikers because that's how you measure those guys.  But for Pogba, it's about touches, control and efficiency with moving the ball as a central CM for Man U...  goals and assists are a bonus.

Btw CR sucked donkey when he started at Madrid bar 3-4 games that you mentioned...  complete cow dung.  He'd go on solo runs and take shots from the center circle.  That isn't playing well to me...  especially when Higuain and even Kaka were standing all alone in front of him but defenders didn't care because they knew CR wasn't going to pass the ball.

Anyhow... let's take CR out of the equation.  Bale?  Zidane?  Suarez?  Lewandowski?  They were very very very meh to start their careers after a big move and really took off sometime in the 2nd half of the season, which is my point.

Last edited by sportsczy on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:38 pm

The media campaign was by his sponsors... who likely helped Man U foot the bill btw by signing big sponsorship deals with the club too.  So they need to recover the cash = market Pogba to death.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:40 pm

Besides United's problem lies with finishing rather than creativity. E.g against pool ibra squandered a beautiful chance made by Pogba, had he scored we would have been fapping over him. Not to mention he has for number of times hit the woodwork.
tl dr give some time to the poor feck.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 36 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next