Hapless_Hans
Great Leader Sprucenuce
rincon
juve_gigi
S
83 posters

Page 17 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next

Go down

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 17 Empty Re: Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United

Post by zizzle Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:58 pm

The teams that develop a player are guaranteed a cut of the transfer fee under FIFA rules, iirc

zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 17 Empty Re: Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United

Post by Adit Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:11 pm

How greedy is Pogba to put 5 million home demand from his transfer funds? Greediest player ever. Hope he rot in Europa league for ever. Not buying black Nasri is greatest decision Flo has taken this summer.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:28 pm

Adit wrote:How greedy is Pogba to put 5 million home demand from his transfer funds? Greediest player ever. Hope he rot in Europa league for ever. Not buying black Nasri is greatest decision Flo has taken this summer.

If one of us were a professional player and had a shark like Raiola backing us, with big clubs after our signature with money pouring out the pores... you're telling me you wouldn't put that clause in, if the club agreed to it?

You're not robbing the Red Cross here, it's a multimillion dollar corporation usually backed by guys with more money than they can spend.

I mean it looks superficial and greedy as fack, but then again, it was an agreement between the agent and the club. Nothing wrong done here, even if it's over the top.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:02 pm

It's not Paul being greedy, it's Utd actually being so desperate to sign him that they would give into such a ridiculous demand. Then again, since the transfer saga began, they never had the upper hand at any point in time so they were ripe for the taking.

Which Raiola took complete advantage of.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:14 pm

huh

from what I could gather from how it was phrased Juve had to pay him 5m for a house as per his contract he signed with them, which sounds odd

all things considered they actually got less for Pogba than they paid for Higuain

my sides
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:16 pm

yeah doc... all those clauses were part of the extension Pogba signed last summer (or the one before, i can't remember). These were exit fees due by Juve upon selling him. That's why it's coming out of Juve's pocket on the transfer fee (netting them 72 mil as opposed to 110).

Man U actually stood pretty firm and refused to pay these fees in addition to the transfer fee... according to media of course. But Juve announcing a net profit of 72 mil would seem to validate it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Witty Futty Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:42 pm

This deal showed that United is desperate, that Juventus was rich (for a short time), that Pogba is greedy (he said that he will never return to United, for any kind of money), and that Riaola can sell just about anything to anyone!
Witty Futty
Witty Futty
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://wittyfutty.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:54 pm

Witty Futty wrote:This deal showed that United is desperate, that Juventus was rich (for a short time), that Pogba is greedy (he said that he will never return to United, for any kind of money), and that Riaola can sell just about anything to anyone!

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 17 Ql8kg
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:28 pm

I laugh at people calling United desperate.

Since when is paying a large sum for a young top class player, with great prospects on and off the pitch, considered desperate?

Were RM considered desperate when they twice broke the world record fees for CR and Bale? Or when Barca paid exorbitant amounts for Neymar and Suarez?

In this day and age, you have to pay premium to get the best players. Utd have the money, and they went and flexed their financial might.

Don't let your butthurt'dness of Utd getting Pogba cloud your thoughts, lads Thumbs up
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:36 pm

RED wrote:I laugh at people calling United desperate.

Since when is paying a large sum for a young top class player, with great prospects on and off the pitch, considered desperate?

When he's your own youth player Laughing

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:40 pm

SAF made a mistake with how he handled Pogba. It seemed more, from comments I've read, that he had issues with his attitude/personality than his footballing skill. He's old fashioned. This is the club rectifying that  mistake and making a statement in the process. CL 2017/18 final here we come baaabbyyyy @S
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:48 pm

Firenze wrote:SAF made a mistake with how he handled Pogba. It seemed more, from comments I've read, that he had issues with his attitude/personality than his footballing skill. He's old fashioned. This is the club rectifying that  mistake and making a statement in the process. CL 2017/18 final here we come baaabbyyyy @S

I agree but I don't understand why it's surprising regarding the possible criticism a move like this will bring? Obviously a world record transfer fee puts any player under the microscope. It's an awfully defensive stance for a claim that should not be this concerning.

The real question is why do United fans care? You got your man, homies. Only his performances on the field will dictate whether Pogba is worth the transfer or he has the abilities to be one of the world's best and personally, I don't doubt him there.

And by CL 2017-18 final do you mean qualifying for the competition? Because right now you'll be facing a strong draw against Olympic Divano

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:49 pm

Juve let Thierry Henry go....  and also could have had Verratti for a song, took their time, and PSG stole him away.

Don't make it sound that Juve never makes massive mistakes with kids either.

Difference is that Man U actually swallowed their pride and admitted their mistake... and rectified the mistake they made earlier.  Since the club's revenue was 520 mil in 2015 and is set to jump to almost 700 mil this season with the new media deal windfall... they can easily afford it.

Last edited by sportsczy on Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:51 pm

How the hell was SAF supposed to know he'd blossom so well? It's not like we are in short supply of talented kids: there are tons. Some make it, some don't. SAF was generally extremely solid in his player choice. We know how cocky Pogba is and how iron fist Ferguson was. Why'd you think the divas Beckham and Ronaldo were allowed to leave?

It seems silly now considering he was already their player... But then you have to give Bayern shit for rebuying Hummels or Dortmund shit for rebuying Goetze or Madrid shit for wasting a lot of money on Morata... Just seems like a lot of butthurt here. These sort of things happen all the time at big clubs.

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:54 pm

Thanks sushi...  you should go on the juventuz message board.  Apparently, Pogba is suddenly not all that great and he will flop and Man U Laughing Most people there actually wish he fails.

Stuff like this drives me crazy.  When Drogba left OM for Chelsea because of the money, I was fine with it.  It was the right move.  When Papin left for Milan, I didn't trash him... he was a great player for OM.

Last edited by sportsczy on Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:54 pm

Like I said before, it was a blessing in disguise for Pogba that he had a chance to move to Juve. With all the managerial changes going and how bad United were under Moyes, he would have never become the player he is now.

Although LVG would have been a great manager for him. Mourinho not so much.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:55 pm

sportsczy wrote:Juve let Thierry Henry go.... and also could have had Verratti for song, took their time, and PSG stole him away.

Don't make it sound that Juve never makes massive mistakes with kids either.

We preferred Trezeguet to Henry, I don't find that too difficult to grasp as Henry was still a winger in those days

We could have signed Verratti for 12M but refused to match that cost for a player who never played in Serie A and in the same summer we also signed Pogba which left us with Pogba, Marchisio, Vidal and Pirlo in our midfield- at least one player was going to suffer here and I also fail to understand how failing to sign a player is the same as letting a promising talent leave.

Further, two wrongs don't make a right and I never mentioned Juventus was flawless- far from actually, we could add up the money we spent on dog shit players like Jorge Martinez, Amauri and the Borriello's of Serie A and it would add up to one Pogba, personally I'd rather Pogba.

I could be puffing on a cigarette with a couple of ounces of cocaine in my pocket and tell you both cigarettes and drugs are bad for your health. It doesn't make my point any less valid and my credibility as a Juventus fan is of the furthest importance from this argument. Not to mention our masterclass moves on the market really outweigh our bad ones.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:58 pm

RealGunner wrote:Although LVG would have been a great manager for him. Mourinho not so much.

Oh, Jesus! Shocked

Official: Pogba returns to Manchester United - Page 17 Jeezspliff
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:20 am

sportsczy wrote:Thanks sushi...  you should go on the juventuz message board.  Apparently, Pogba is suddenly not all that great and he will flop and Man U Laughing Most people there actually wish he fails.

Stuff like this drives me crazy.  When Drogba left OM for Chelsea because of the money, I was fine with it.  It was the right move.  When Papin left for Milan, I didn't trash him... he was a great player for OM.

generalization..
For me, is not that Pogba isn't a great player, but we were perfectly fine before Pogba, we were fine when Pogba was injured for a long period and we reached the UCL final, and we will be after.

People fail to understand that football is not that much about individual players, it's the system that they fit in, that matters. And the system is everything from players, to chemistry between players, physical condition of the group, tactical awareness, colective defensive etc. Of course you need good players to form that system, but they don't have to be that great, they need to be the perfect working piece in the context.

That's why you see Leicester win EPL by 10 points, and Tottenham having a great season... or Atletico beating Europe giants after selling the likes of Turan, Costa, Miranda, Curtois... or Juventus winning 5 titles in a row. I don't even think that we had a much better team than Napoli last year (quality wise), yet as a whole we were stronger in the long term.

Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:25 am

Ion Creanga wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Thanks sushi...  you should go on the juventuz message board.  Apparently, Pogba is suddenly not all that great and he will flop and Man U Laughing  Most people there actually wish he fails.

generalization..
For me, is not that Pogba isn't a great player, but we were perfectly fine before Pogba, we were fine when Pogba was injured for a long period and we reached the UCL final, and we will be after.

People fail to understand that football is not that much about individual players, it's the system that they fit in, that matters. And the system is everything from players, to chemistry between players, physical condition of the group, tactical awareness, colective defensive  etc.  Of course you need good players to form that system, but they don't have to be that great, they need to be the perfect working piece in the context.

That's why you see Leicester win EPL by 10 points, and Tottenham having a great season...  or Atletico beating Europe giants after selling the likes of Turan, Costa, Miranda, Curtois...  or Juventus winning 5 titles in a row. I don't even think that we had a much better team than Napoli last year (quality wise), yet as a whole we were stronger in the long term.

I perfectly agree with what you said. However, I can't see how this is related to what @sportsczy said. What do I miss? Smile
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:27 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Although LVG would have been a great manager for him. Mourinho not so much.

Oh, Jesus! Shocked

Once upon a time... LVG was actually a very solid manager. He did a very good job building at Bayern (turned a very average team to CL finalists). He promoted Mueller, Alaba, turned Schwein into a classy MC, did some very astute buys like Robben and Gomez... all without breaking the bank.

I was actually hoping he'd do a good job at ManU, at least put you guys on your feet and all but... well, I guess the ego won that battle.

On Pogba: ManU got their player (remember they were originally after Sanches before Bayern snapped him, I'd say it's an upgrade in skill and price compared to an {arguably} younger player) and Juve got a very nice transfer value for him. They have had an awesome transfer window. Don't see the hurt. If Pogba wanted to leave, well, you got a nice price and it was done with enough time as for you to buy a replacement. Good business all round.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:32 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:
I perfectly agree with what you said. However, I can't see how this is related to what @sportsczy said. What do I miss? Smile

It is related, he generalised Juve supporters attitude towards Pogba. And i, as a Juve supporter, explained how i feel about his departure in a more detailed manner.
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:37 am

Sushi Master wrote:
Vlad the Impaler wrote:

Oh, Jesus! Shocked

Once upon a time... LVG was actually a very solid manager. He did a very good job building at Bayern (turned a very average team to CL finalists). He promoted Mueller, Alaba, turned Schwein into a classy MC, did some very astute buys like Robben and Gomez... all without breaking the bank.

I was actually hoping he'd do a good job at ManU, at least put you guys on your feet and all but... well, I guess the ego won that battle.

On Pogba: ManU got their player (remember they were originally after Sanches before Bayern snapped him, I'd say it's an upgrade in skill and price compared to an {arguably} younger player) and Juve got a very nice transfer value for him. They have had an awesome transfer window. Don't see the hurt. If Pogba wanted to leave, well, you got a nice price and it was done with enough time as for you to buy a replacement. Good business all round.

Thumbs up Proud
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:29 am

RED wrote:I laugh at people calling United desperate.

Were RM considered desperate when they twice broke the world record fees for CR and Bale? Or when Barca paid exorbitant amounts for Neymar and Suarez?

In this day and age, you have to pay premium to get the best players. Utd have the money, and they went and flexed their financial might.

Don't let your butthurt'dness of Utd getting Pogba cloud your thoughts, lads Thumbs up

The fact that you are comparing proven top class forwards to black Nasri who wasn't even Juventus best player let alone best in the world shows even you are desperate just like Manu. Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Witty Futty Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:48 am

Vlad the Impaler wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
Vlad the Impaler wrote:

Oh, Jesus! Shocked

Thumbs up Proud

Pogba is nothing like Sanches!

Sanches is a defensive midfield player, while Pogba is attacking midfield player. His best position is number 10, that's why he had the number 10 at Juve. This is also the reason why Pogba didn't play that well for France, at EURO's, when he played in CM position. Just look here for his defensive stats http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#serie_a/2015/2016/paul_pogba/717/177/2710/0/p|serie_a/2014/2015/paul_pogba/717/137/2710/0/p|serie_a/2013/2014/paul_pogba/717/76/2710/0/p|serie_a/2012/2013/paul_pogba/717/6/2710/0/p#attack_score/defence_score/possession_score/total_score#total

I have a felling that United didn't really want to buy the player, but Adidas did, remember that most of the money from selling shirts goes to manufacturer.

The same almost happened last year when United offered a crazy deal for Thomas Muller, another Adidas golden boy, but Bayern turned them down.

The biggest problem of this mega deal is that United is turning into Real, which is a circus of a club.
Witty Futty
Witty Futty
Prospect
Prospect

http://wittyfutty.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:05 am

An Arsenal fan calling Madrid a circus of a club ? When was the last time you got past the CL QF ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 36 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26 ... 36  Next