Lucifer
McAgger
Kebab
Kick
Valkyrja
80 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 16 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III

Post by rincon Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:27 pm

I'm not sure Dybala will start, he is recovering from an injury.

Looking at the calendar, the last game Ecuador-Argentina could be amazing. Very real possibility that the match could determine who qualifies.

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 16 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:09 pm

Nah Argentina should still win this

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:18 pm

I wouldn't be so sure, iirc Argentina haven't won in La Paz since the 70s.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:20 pm

rincon wrote:I wouldn't be so sure, iirc Argentina haven't won in La Paz since the 70s.
Argentina won 2005 in La Paz.

Still without Messi, Bolivia +1 doubles your money quite safely.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Yep, I was wrong. Still, that was the first (and only?) argentina victory since 1973. Doesn't look great.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:29 pm

BREAKING: FIFA has banned Lionel Messi for four matches.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:29 pm

Harmonica wrote:
rincon wrote:I wouldn't be so sure, iirc Argentina haven't won in La Paz since the 70s.

You sure? Argentina really have to win tonight.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:30 pm

For f***s sake...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:30 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

Can't be sure, but I went 1X for something like 2.10.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:35 pm

Got maximum 4 match ban: http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/y=2017/m=3/news=lionel-messi-suspended-for-four-matches-2877817.html

Funny thing here is that referees didn't report anything, nor do that say what was the actual insult. In relation Neymar got just 3 matches when he went absolutely beserk in the last Copa America. I've to conclude that Fifa actually wants Argentina out of World Cup, which could be because AFA is corrupt, but who knows. Fifa is also open supporter of Fakenaldo, and Perez may have ties in the decision committee, which might be the cause of this. All in all quite surreal that you get 4 match ban from an unknown insult, when referees didn't even report you. Never heard anything like that in my life.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:39 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

They had to win many matches, they can't, not without Messi in La Paz. It'll be a miracle if they win.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:42 pm

On a second thought, if this gets us Sampaoli instead of Bauza it might be okay, so long as we actually qualify...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:43 pm

If Messi doesn't get to World Cup I could care less of the future of Argentina.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:44 pm

I';m happy but also confused as I'm reading this ref said Messi did not insult him?? wow
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:20 pm

Players get 3-4 match bans when they injury other players or break there legs he got the same amount for swearing. FIFA rofl

Argentina 1 win in 7 games without Messi. Interesting to see if they get through or not.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:33 pm

He definitely insulted the ref, there are videos going around. The thing was that the ref said he didn't understand and so didn't report it (he is brazilian). But then the videos got posted everywhere and he got banned.

At least that's what I get from Spanish and Argentine media.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:39 pm

Sandro Ricci: (ref in Arg-Chi game): "I didn't hear any bad language from Messi or anyone else towards myself, besides normal players' complains"

Sandro Ricci: "If I had heard any offensive word (from Messi), I would have acted in according the rules of the game." [ole]

I mean what the hell is this?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:41 pm

Harmonica wrote:Sandro Ricci: (ref in Arg-Chi game): "I didn't hear any bad language from Messi or anyone else towards myself, besides normal players' complains"

Sandro Ricci: "If I had heard any offensive word (from Messi), I would have acted in according the rules of the game." [ole]

I mean what the hell is this?

Wtf.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:44 pm

Unreal heel turn from Lionel "Vanilla Midget" Messi

All these years he was considered the good guy to that horrible Kommander Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:49 pm

rincon wrote:The thing was that the ref said he didn't understand and so didn't report it (he is brazilian)

I believe he should have understood a basic Spanish sentence if he knows Portuguese, right?

I'm weirded out by this whole situation but also happy that Messi will get more rest
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:53 pm

Myesyats wrote:
rincon wrote:The thing was that the ref said he didn't understand and so didn't report it (he is brazilian)

I believe he should have understood a basic Spanish sentence if he knows Portuguese, right?

Nah its not that easy. My first language is Spanish but I don't understand Portuguese particularly well (its Italian that is way easier), specially if its a slang insult like its quoted. "la concha de tu madre" is very Argentine thing to say, its not used in most other Hispanic countries.

Not that I know if that's exactly what happened, its just what I read on Argentine papers like El Pais.

http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/2017/03/28/actualidad/1490684906_094590.html

Among other things, the article says that Messi insulted the refs 3 times. At the end of the first half, at the end of the game, and then just before going to the dressing room.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:58 pm

eh happy about this as a barca fan, its a crucial part of the season we need messi at his best level and rested

if argentina cannot qualify without messi whats the point in going to the world cup, they'll just dissapoint again.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:13 pm

rincon wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

Nah its not that easy. My first language is Spanish but I don't understand Portuguese particularly well (its Italian that is way easier), specially if its a slang insult like its quoted. "la concha de tu madre" is very Argentine thing to say, its not used in most other Hispanic countries.

Not that I know if that's exactly what happened, its just what I read on Argentine papers like El Pais.

http://deportes.elpais.com/deportes/2017/03/28/actualidad/1490684906_094590.html

Among other things, the article says that Messi insulted the refs 3 times. At the end of the first half, at the end of the game, and then just before going to the dressing room.

Come on. I don't speak Portuguese or Spanish but I still know the basics.

I never had any contact with Portugese or Spanish but I know what "la concha de tu madre" means... or "puta" etc.

but fair enough, i guess
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:15 pm

I can read some basic stuff in Portuguese too, but its not the same as listening to it. I've been to Brazil and most times I had no idea what anyone said. In Portugal it was significantly easier, still, if a local didn't want me to understand, I wouldn't.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:27 pm

i mean the ref isnt an average person like you or whomever
he deals with language barriers all the time, he should know when he is being verbally abused or not, be it by body langauge or just common sense

this punishment allegedly came because Chile submitted videos of the lip readings is what i heard.
which is a bigger joke, using video evidence to ban when messi has gotten much more abuse and nothing has came from it. like getting carded for getting hit with a bottle or tying his shoe laces... Laughing
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:31 pm

I'm not arguing for the punishment. I was just translating the article. This is bad for Juve since Dybala isn't fit but most likely will end up playing.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next