Lucifer
McAgger
Kebab
Kick
Valkyrja
80 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 40 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III

Post by Unique Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:44 pm

vvd didnt win it because he plays in england and not spain. there is more argument for vvd to win it this year from messi than there was for modric to win it from messi but modric plays in spain so he got it. still not to worry im sure vvd is happy with the UCL title.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 40 Empty Re: The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III

Post by S Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:48 pm

It's also got to do with the voting system. Players and coaches of national teams deciding the Ballon D'or winner tarnished its credibility and made it even more of a popularity contest than it already was.

If journalists were the ones voting to decide the winner a few years ago, Xavi/Sneijder would have won it in 2010 and Ribery would have won it in 2013. It's unfortunate that dint happen..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:14 pm

Ppl seem to have selective memory or something, but I clear remember Modric was key for Real for their CL runs and the title win during those few years and he peaked the year when he won the award, and add to that his run in the WC compared with Messi's and Barca's run that year, it wasnt all that surprising that he own and ppl mostly agreed with it I think? Now everyones saying he didnt deserve it Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:00 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Ppl seem to have selective memory or something, but I clear remember Modric was key for Real for their CL runs and the title win during those few years and he peaked the year when he won the award, and add to that his run in the WC compared with Messi's and Barca's run that year, it wasnt all that surprising that he own and ppl mostly agreed with it I think? Now everyones saying he didnt deserve it Very Happy

We are not talking Messi vs Modric. Last year the best player was Ronaldo.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:26 pm

If I remember correctly, Modric had a select few performances in the CL that were good, but he was injured quite a lot and didn’t do much in the league worth mentioning. I personally don’t think he was all that great in the world cup, bar his decisive goal against Argentina. If this was a lifetime achievement, then by all means, he deserves it. I don’t think he did enough the year that he won it, though. If anything, it marked the start of his rapid decline - and if not for injuries, I believe that would’ve been much more apparent.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:47 pm

futbol wrote:
Myesyats wrote:Messi: "What I feel towards Barça goes beyond any signature and any paper."

:wub:

"... but if they didn't pay me 100 million a year, I'd put my signature on the transfer request paper."

lmao exactly
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:53 pm

In hard moments Simone is the coolest coach
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:05 pm

Myesyats wrote:Also, Messi is so good he should be receiving 50% of the manager's salary on top of his own

hahaha, one of the truest things ever said Thumbs up
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:58 pm

rincon wrote:
Robespierre wrote:For goals it's been created the Golden Shoe on purpose .
For me every discussion that begins with " goals, assists" is mistaken.
Why this penalizes other roles.
and GK , defenders, midfielders should stay from a  position of equality.
Every role is important, has own dignity in football, Van Dijk has simply other tasks, and he fullfilled them in a perfect way for the whole year.
Yes Messi played a brillaint Uefa Champions League too, but semi-final seriously.. except Barca fans ( perhaps) who's going to remember Barcellona for reaching semi-final and not because they were knocked out for 4-0 ? That's enough to not give an award for a Barca player this year.  
No one wants minimize leagues ( Liverpool played also a great Premier League tbh but I accept they don't have won it. ANyway just a loss and just 22 goals scored - that represents another Van Dijk sign) but Balon D'Or is an international award so , correctly, the International  context precedes the national context normally . And it was the year of Liverpool.

Messi is not playing like Higuain or Suarez.

He is not just a scorer, not even just a GREAT scorer. No doubt Messi is the best midfielder in football. The kind of playmaking he does every week is at the level of the great playmakers, he deserves to be on the BdO list just as a creator. Then you combine with more goals than games, then with the fact that he did it at both CL and league.

VVD placed ahead of all other strikers, it's not about devaluing defenders, it's just that the difference of level is too high. Messi has (had) far too much individual impact in Barca's game over the last year.

I was glad to see Modric win it last year, he really wasn't the best player of 2018 though, its just the fatigue of seeing Ronaldo and Messi dominate the award for so long. The standard these two set is too high.

For me Messi is the best player in the story of this sport, I am not discussing Messi, I am discussing the fact that he deserved to win it even this year. Such as in 2010.
I don't know what more a CB has to do to win the Ballon D'or, Van Dijk  literally had a perfect season. Plain and simple. What should a CB make more.  Perhaps it's my problem because I haven't a vision ristricted to elite "CFs " for Balon D'Or, for example  I can't still believe Manuel Neuer hasn't got this trophy in 2014 (CR had won this)
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:47 am

How did Dijk have perfect season, he didn't win treble nor was he close the best in any of the defensive statistics? He was literally just the resident media created hipster choice.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:53 am

Harmonica wrote:How did Dijk have perfect season, he didn't win treble nor was he close the best in any of the defensive statistics? He was literally just the resident media created hipster choice.
This
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:32 pm

respect where its due, all time best ever club level footballer ; no one comes close as him ...

his goals aside, messi has always been the best ever team player, and everything clicks with his existence on the field....

cant think of any player who has as good as goal : assist ratio as him and the influence he has on pitch and can single handedly win a game

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:59 pm

54th career hat-trick.

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 40 DswBqRJ

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 40 2V9Sa0h

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 40 YrNMPtv
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:01 pm

699 career goals. Good goal scorer is lucky to score 5 goals outside of the box in a season, last 4/5 goals:

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 40 VZg9EGL

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 40 5Jddte4

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 40 GWONwJ7

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 40 RJmEAj6
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:21 am

for a guy with barely any muscles in his leg, he def is great at shooting.

one could say he was "born talented" when it comes to his dribbling.... but shooting ... he has definitely learned it
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:07 am

The Lionel Messi Appreciation Thread & Fan Club III - Page 40 JG5eEeM
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:24 pm

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40