CBarca
Doc
Unique
urbaNRoots
Neutropin
41 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Will Arsenal finish in the Top 4 next season - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Arsenal finish in the Top 4 next season

Post by Neutropin Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:04 pm

Calling your own thread a 'gem'?

You must be one of those dudes who likes his own status on Facebook.[/quote]

I take it you're very confident for next season then?

Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Will Arsenal finish in the Top 4 next season - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Arsenal finish in the Top 4 next season

Post by Neutropin Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:04 pm

Neutropin wrote:
Calling your own thread a 'gem'?

You must be one of those dudes who likes his own status on Facebook.

I take it you're very confident for next season then? [/quote]
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:11 pm

It's almost like you WANT arsenal fans to say it Laughing

unbelievable obsession

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutropin Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:41 pm

RealGunner wrote:It's almost like you WANT arsenal fans to say it Laughing

unbelievable obsession

ive already heard many of them say it. gotta give credit tho seems like arsenal fans on this forum are much more humble than those I know irl
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:51 am

Arsenal will still finish in the top 4, but thats it, theyve never been able to fix their weakness, which is their defense, and steel if thats the word? The ability to grind out results and win ugly when needed, and to be more consistent. They always drop points too often when they shouldnt, so they cannot be champions unless they fix that, which dont like likely after all these years with Wenger.

What Wenger may have an advantage though is hes got so much experience now in the league compared with say PEp and Conte, he may have a head start in that sense, but all the staff at the clubs obviously will help these new managers to know the league ASAP so it probably will just be a minor thing.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:44 am

They won't get EL, let alone CL.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:08 pm

Socur Toxanarosa wrote:They won't get EL, let alone CL.
How does that feel, by the way?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:09 pm

Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:17 pm

ffs
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:33 pm

Lex wrote:

Not that bad when you win important silverware regularly, you know you'll bounce back.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:49 am

I don't know, a lot fans of clubs in the 4 big leagues would be happy to make CL every year. Arsenal's approach is not to be sniffed at. They may never win anything, but their fans can watch them in the CL. That's actually quite a feat.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:23 am

This time around no. Next season is the one wenger gets the sack reeeeeeee.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jun 08, 2016 3:56 am

13/14 - 4th
14/15 - 3rd
15/16 - 2nd
16/17 - (1st)?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutropin Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:57 pm

breva wrote:I don't know, a lot fans of clubs in the 4 big leagues would be happy to make CL every year. Arsenal's approach is not to be sniffed at. They may never win anything, but their fans can watch them in the CL. That's actually quite a feat.

not like they make the semis or anything, eliminated at the first sight of adversity. Not a single hope of winning the CL. If I was an Arsenal fan Id rather the club not participate in the tournament.

I have a feeling either Sanchez or Ozil will leavee this summer
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:03 pm

Where is all this salt coming from?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutropin Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:20 pm

El Gunner wrote:Where is all this salt coming from?

trust me nobody is salty of Arsenal. How long has it been since you won the league? Sorry its been so long I forgot
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:01 pm

Neutropin wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Where is all this salt coming from?

trust me nobody is salty of Arsenal. How long has it been since you won the league? Sorry its been so long I forgot

What is it that you are trying to achieve here?

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:49 pm

Assuming here the OP wants resident Arsenal fans here to either be overly (or rightfully) critical of Arsenal and talk down any chance they have of finishing outside top 4 or be all chest pumping and proclaim that they'll be there with ease.

In any case, still think Arsenal would finish top 4.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:50 pm

Arsenal just contracted Granit Xhaka, and you can be sure that he will kick some serious butt in the dressing room if any of the players allow themselves any slack. So yeah, they will manage to reach as high as possible. I mean, Xhaka dragged even Gladbach into the CL quali against very unfavourable odds ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:27 pm

Lex wrote:

Ba da dum tssssss

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutropin Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:34 am

rwo power wrote:Arsenal just contracted Granit Xhaka, and you can be sure that he will kick some serious butt in the dressing room if any of the players allow themselves any slack. So yeah, they will manage to reach as high as possible. I mean, Xhaka dragged even Gladbach into the CL quali against very unfavourable odds ^^

You cant be serious... you expect one player to change the whole mentality of a team and the manager?
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:47 am

Well, it's Granit Xhaka. You know, the guy who played with broken ribs and partly ruptured ligaments and only commented this with: "Well, that's why I'm called Granit!"

He became U17 Euro champion a couple years ago when no one thought Switzerland could win a flower pot. Before the tournament he was interviewed and said "I packed clothing for the whole tournament - I don't plan to return before the final."

So yes, if there is anyone who might be able to change the mentality at Arsenal, it is him. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:28 pm

I actually see Arsenal with a slight advantage (in the top 4 race) heading into next season.

As mentioned before, they're not rebuilding, learning a new tactical setup, or bedding in a new manager. Most of their rivals are engaging in one (if not more) of those actions. While that doesn't preclude them from the top 4 race, it does lend to inconsistency in results.

Something else to take into consideration are the major tournaments that are currently taking place. While not quite a World Cup year, the Euros and the Copa America Centenario will see many of the top Premier League players exerting themselves and traveling extensively over the summer months. Arsenal, along with most of its rivals, will have a very active presence in both tournaments. Key players like Giroud, Sanchez, Ozil, Xhaka, Koscielny, and Cech will all be active over the summer.

What's the point? Well, the point is that next season is going to be very interesting. There are a lot of factors that suggest the Premier League could be even more unpredictable than usual. Team's rebuilding, new managers arriving, and the potential for summer "hangovers" for many of the more prominent players could lead to another season as turbulent as the one just concluded. Can you make a case that Arsenal will drop out of the Top 4: sure. Could you just as easily make a case that they're favorites to win the league: maybe so.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:40 pm

donttreadonred wrote:I actually see Arsenal with a slight advantage (in the top 4 race) heading into next season.

As mentioned before, they're not rebuilding, learning a new tactical setup, or bedding in a new manager. Most of their rivals are engaging in one (if not more) of those actions. While that doesn't preclude them from the top 4 race, it does lend to inconsistency in results.

Every year that's used as an argument why Arsenal have an advantage in their title race, and every year Arsenal are just as consistent as everyone else.
Not to sound like a skipping CD, but Pep's teams are consistent like crazy, and it will show very soon even with him coming in freshly.

Every year we wonder about Arsenal, and every year they make top 4.
However, usually we wonder whether they can win the league.

This year, I wonder whether they can make top 4 and frankly I can see the end of a long series coming.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutropin Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Bump
Neutropin
Neutropin
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Witty Futty Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:43 am

Arsenal will finish in top 4 positions. They might not win the league, but will definitely finish in top 4 positions.

Last season started the same way this has, but we still finished above the rest of the big spenders (including United), so one game doesn't say anything.

I do have a felling that this season is going to be the first where a Premier League champions is going to have more than 6 defeats, given the equality of the league!
Witty Futty
Witty Futty
Prospect
Prospect

http://wittyfutty.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next