McAgger
futbol
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Doc
RealGunner
104 posters

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend" - Page 6 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend"

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:21 pm

well, this thread derailed quickly Laughing

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend" - Page 6 Empty Re: Cristiano Ronaldo: "I'm the best player in the world. I am a legend"

Post by Cruijf Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:54 pm

This thread rofl
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudo Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:55 pm

I wonder if Ronaldo truly believes he's better than Messi. Because I would like to ask him personally why he thinks that. I would be pretty interesting to see his thought process. hmm
Pseudo
Pseudo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:56 pm

What thought process

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:07 pm

free_cat wrote:
chad4401 wrote:gotta love this forum every time there is a discussion about cr work rate, and other CF things, always got posters bringing up benzema, who is completely unrelated and everyone pretends like there is no agenda, and play it off as banter if I highlight it.

pretty disgusting considering how some of you idiots, couldn't wait to explode in the higs circle jerk thread, weak little group mentality Proud.

Well Benzema's workrate is surely not on Higuain's level, don't you agree?

You're gonna die cat. If I were you I'd run Laughing
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudo Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:08 pm

I want to know why he thinks he's better than a player that's obviously better than him. I would be interesting.
Pseudo
Pseudo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:24 pm

Nothing wrong with Ronaldo believing he is the best player in the world.

If you want to make anything a reality in this world, you must see it and believe it. Why limit yourself? Why would you regard anyone as more adequate? no human being deserves that respect. It is my opinion that no human being should feel inferior to anyone.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudo Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:52 pm

Maybe that type of thinking is the reason he regressed as a player. Messi on the other hand, felt the need to improve and added more facets to his game, thus bettering himself in the process.

I don't think Ronaldo realizes what makes Leo so great.
Pseudo
Pseudo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:04 am

EVen his movie was all about winning the golden ball like it's the biggest trophy in football rofl

showed CL final for like 2 min rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:10 am

There's nothing wrong with thinking he's the best tbh, most footballers worth their salt would feel the same way.

Whether it's delusional or not is another matter Laughing But you don't get to the top without that confidence. Difference here is Ronaldo has come out and said it, i bet there's many other footballers who believe it as well though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:52 am

Pseudo wrote:Maybe that type of thinking is the reason he regressed as a player. Messi on the other hand, felt the need to improve and added more facets to his game, thus bettering himself in the process.

I don't think Ronaldo realizes what makes Leo so great.

that maybe true if Ronaldo suddenly thought he was the best player in the world, but that is not the case
Ronaldo has had the same belief throughout his career though, well before his career started.

You cannot question CR work ethic, the man is legendary for how hard he has worked. Truth is CR cannot be Messi, and Messi cannot be Ronaldo. Their personality and experience differ, they are who they are. Messi has spent almost his whole life at Barca, since the age 10 he has been influenced by their teaching of being well rounded footballer. Throughout his career he has been that, keeps crafting his art.

Ronaldo on other hand comes from a different place, first at Sporting then at Man United. You could see SAF direct and goal oriented approach has influenced CR.

Fact is every human being has their own special strength, we can only be the best we can be by being 100% congruent to ourself and our spirit. By deviating we doomed to mediocrity. Ronaldo would be mediocre if he attempted to be like Messi vice versa.

I personally respect and appreciate both player.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:54 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:There's nothing wrong with thinking he's the best tbh, most footballers worth their salt would feel the same way.

Whether it's delusional or not is another matter Laughing But you don't get to the top without that confidence. Difference here is Ronaldo has come out and said it, i bet there's many other footballers who believe it as well though.

Agreed, right or wrong society in general admires those who are humble and respectful.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:11 am

Interestingly, Zlatan who says the same is considered cool fore his antics, but I think the difference is that Zlatan does it in a way that comes over as amusing (for some reason I always have the impression he doesn't take himself 100% seriously), while CR7 appears as a real d...uck as he takes himself way too serious.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:33 am

Zlatan is clowning... he call himself the Mona Lisa in France. When he joined, he said he came so that the French people wouldn't need to just see a painting of him but the real thing Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:09 am

agree with rwo, the thing with zlatan is, whilst he probably believes what he says, there's a lot of humor behind it. not only that some of the statements are legit funny. i never heard the mona lisa reference sport mentions, but i laughed immediately i read it. its quite different from saying "i'm the best" and that's it. even ali, ali too had humor with his bragging, and he'd do it with rhymes (at a time when there was no rap/hiphop music), thing with cristiano to me is, i'm not mad about him bragging, he's an athlete, i understand it. but he comes off as being too defensive.

the "i'm rich and handsome" came after a game we either lost or drew. and this comes at a time when he knows he definitely won't get the golden ball. besides, i think if he says these things and constantly upstages messi while we win titles, nobody will have any problems with it....but these days its like a broken record, there's hardly any humor to it, and both madrid and portugal want some silverware (more madrid than portugal. i think portugal understand their situation)
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:10 am

Pseudo wrote:I wonder if Ronaldo truly believes he's better than Messi. Because I would like to ask him personally why he thinks that. I would be pretty interesting to see his thought process. hmm

He's won 3 Ballon d'Or's, 2 of them in the last two years, it would be completely illogical if he didn't consider himself the best player in the world.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudo Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:23 am

I'm sorry but I don't agree at all. Remember, he was more of an all-rounder pre Madrid. He chose to forsake the more creative aspects of his game in order to focus on scoring.    

At what cost though? Every season he becomes less influential in matches and more dependent on teammates, to the point where he doesn't even know how to pass a ball. His entire role in the side detriment to the team and its success. Can't applaud a player like that

He's won 3 Ballon d'Or's, 2 of them in the last two years, it would be completely illogical if he didn't consider himself the best player in the world.

Wins that were solely dependent on his rival's form. And the funny thing is, he would have still lost the second if it weren't for the extension.
Pseudo
Pseudo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:39 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Whether it's delusional or not is another matter Laughing

Lol that's the point. Saying it out is what makes it different from the others that just think it.. Its even more silly when its a top dillusion.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Jafo Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:29 am

Actually only threatened people praise themselves. Best players doesnt need it as others do it for them. Believing and saying is different things. Would you say you are the best worker in your company? i bet you will not say this because you will feel shame.
Saying it actually shows how shameless you are and how arrogant you are. you care about nobody, you dont respect others. and you dont even care about your team and team mates. thats why nobody loves you. because you dont love them, only thing you love is yourself. One small thing can show what kind of person you are

this is not role model to be the best. because if something goes wrong you it can break you down and tear apart your feelings. Being silent is the best way, and actually best players talk with their feet not their mouth.

Jafo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:31 am

As I already quoted while ago in this thread...
rwo power wrote:Joffrey Baratheon: I am the king! I will punish you!
Tywin Lannister: Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jafo Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:37 am

rwo power wrote:As I already quoted while ago in this thread...
rwo power wrote:Joffrey Baratheon: I am the king! I will punish you!
Tywin Lannister: Any man who must say, "I am the king" is no true king.
yeah exactly

Jafo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:43 am

Any man who gets murdered while doing his business mustn't be taken seriously - Cabbage 2015.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:58 pm

Truth is truth, even when spoken by an unwise person. :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:04 pm

Why did u changed ur post RWO? Accept it u #gotowned

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:48 pm

Because I misunderstood the "business" part in the above post. I thought about "corporate business" and it took a moment to realise that another kind of business was meant Laughing
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:59 pm

rwo power wrote:Because I misunderstood the "business" part in the above post. I thought about "corporate business" and it took a moment to realise that another kind of business was meant Laughing

Laughing

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next