zizzle
M99
silver
Lucifer
Great Leader Sprucenuce
28 posters

Page 31 of 44 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37 ... 44  Next

Go down

#ThankYouDanielBryan  - The Official WWE Thread - Part 23 - Page 31 Empty Re: #ThankYouDanielBryan - The Official WWE Thread - Part 23

Post by zizzle Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:24 am

Yea against the 6 time world champ who hasnt won a match in the last 6 years

zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

#ThankYouDanielBryan  - The Official WWE Thread - Part 23 - Page 31 Empty Re: #ThankYouDanielBryan - The Official WWE Thread - Part 23

Post by M99 Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:27 am

Pretty sure that's gonna happen at Fast Lane. He will probably be in a multiman IC title match in Wrestlemania.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:42 am

When did Austin Aries join NXT? scratch hmm
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:32 am

zizzle wrote:Yea against the 6 time world champ who hasnt won a match in the last 6 years

Still be good to watch though and I like how they are dealing with him anyway.

They are treating him like he's a big part of it all, which is more than I expected tbh. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:22 pm

New day main eventing RAW. Done with WWE. hmm

Spoiler:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:21 pm

Man, MT seriously needs to chill.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:28 pm

Don't worry MT one day Bryan will be back and WWE will do fatal four ways with all your indie darlings :bow:

/Miz.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:41 pm

That little guy got that silent yell game on point.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:47 pm

sandow vs bryan for the NXT title on the Mania pre-show IMO
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:36 pm

It really makes you wonder why Vince isn't doing the same thing with Reigns
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:59 pm

WWE vs Lucha vs TNA, ownership of all of them on the line. hmm

WWE really should copy Lucha's TV show esque promo format imo.

WWE officials met with Lucha Underground back in December but nothing came of the meeting, according to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter.

WWE was represented by Triple H and Senior Director of Talent Development Canyon Cemen. There was some discussion about talent but the talks went nowhere.

On a related note, TNA recently reached out to Lucha Underground. The company floated the idea of doing a joint show in Dallas during WrestleMania 32 weekend but Lucha Underground turned the offer down. The feeling was that it would be a bad mix.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:48 am

Was just watching AJ Styles and Nakamura, good lord what a match. As someone who has never seen Nakamura before i was very impressed and to be frank he seems different to most Japanese wrestlers and i see no reason why he wouldn't get over in WWE.

Good lord the camera work though Laughing You kind of take that for granted in WWE but it does make a difference.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:25 am

It was good, but the story behind the match was lacking IMO. It was billed as a 'dream match' so it didn't have much heat. This is my favorite match of all time, and Nakamura's best. The story behind the match is good, and the match itself is a classic. Watch it if you have time.

Pre-match build:

The match with English commentary: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2qnx33
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:36 am

In fairness i only watched the match so don't have any idea about the story behind it all. Same way i watched TNA really Laughing Would watch the PPVs and love the matches and the pre match promo's usually do enough to get me invested.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:33 pm

I'm the complete opposite. I only watch matches if they have a decent backstory behind them. I'm not a fan of watching no-heat matches just for the workrate and moves.

I pretty much only watch RAW for the promos and backstage segments. If somebody I care about has a match, I'll usually skip to the ending unless their is a reason as to why he's fighting. That's why I usually skip the first 2-3 matches in a PPV because they usually have no build whatsoever.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:36 pm

Don't get me wrong it has to be really good match lol, also usually they do have heat and the quick 2 minute promo does a good job of getting me invested that's all i need really.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:05 pm

Agree with Cas, except to me the story matters more than the match. The way I see it is WWE is a TV show, which happens to be about wrestling.

Wrestling is the tool to resolve the conflict. It's not the main attraction.

If it becomes the main attraction then there's a problem, because it's just scripted fighting. I'd rather watch UFC for fighting with no story, because it's real. And I don't like UFC because it's just a bunch of random guys fighting with no story. The reason I watch WWE is for the stories/characters.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:08 pm

Says the no 1 Bryan fan on the planet hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:18 pm

Bryan's underdog vs the authority story was the last great story imo. Been almost 2 years since then. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:20 pm

What was great about it lol. Just admit you watch Bryan because you like watching him in the ring and not because of his underdog sob story and yes chants lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:33 pm

Not really. Bryan was a good wrestler when he first started out and I didn't like him. He was bland as hell like Cesaro or Tyson Kidd.

It's only after the emergence of the Yes chant, his comedy character with Kane and his underdog portrayal I started to route for him. The whole authority story was fun to watch because of it's realism. The crowd hijacking the show, the unpredictability, the shoot promos etc. It just made sense for Bryan to get his moment at the end of it all.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:40 pm

more of a story guy myself

attitude era was GOAT

I don't care about in ring abilities all that much so long as it's not between two absolute scrubs

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:09 pm

I'm actually the same but that wasn't what i was saying, just that if i hear about a good match not knowing the complete backstory isn't going to limit my enjoyment of it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:14 pm

Completely agree with Cas. Story is what makes it great, and then you have stories seeping into the actual match which makes it special. That's why Bayley vs Sasha Banks was MOTY on 2015.

Promo

Full match: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x32q90f_720phd-wwe-nxt-takeover-brooklyn-8-22-2015-sasha-banks-vs-bayley_sport

Watch if you have. It was an amazing accomplishment for wrestling on all fronts.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:18 pm

You obviously are not reading my posts lol.

Also irony when i said two minute promo before the match is all i need to be invested and you post two minute promo to give me a reason why i should watch a match. hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:20 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:You obviously are not reading my posts lol.

Also irony when i said two minute promo before the match is all i need to be invested and you post two minute promo to give me a reason why i should watch a match. hmm

I did not disagree with you hmm I just agreed with Cas on Match+Story=the best hmm
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 44 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 37 ... 44  Next