Jay29
MJ
Vlad the Impaler
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sri
45 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:05 pm

Yep. We never do business with Raiola for example

Honestly Pato is the most realistic target atm lol.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:08 pm

RealGunner wrote:Yep. We never do business with Raiola for example

Honestly Pato is the most realistic target atm lol.

Oh shit. So then Zlatan isn't coming?!
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:09 pm

Why in the world would you think Ibra was ever going to come?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:11 pm

Not sure. Because of my imagination running wild based on a tweet by Mufti Ozkari or what his name was I think.

Also I thought - why the hell not?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:12 pm

lmfao is that Muzzy Ozzyclan (something) guy even alive?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:20 pm

alive and kicking in the exciting and dangerous world of football agents, I'm sure
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:21 pm

El Gunner wrote:Wasn't the jury out not so long ago that Higuain won't be a 'considerable' improvement on Giroud, if at all.
It's clear the kneejerking here in some of us.

Not sure if serious?
Higuain would almost start for every top team in the world while Giroud only is at Arsenal because Wenger. For his price tag, Giroud has been good but not good enough to lead Arsenal year after year.
The striker situation at arsenal is just pathetic, we have been need of striker since 2012 and for some reason Wenger cant never find a top striker.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:38 pm

De Bruyne signed, meanwhile at Arsenal...

https://i.imgflip.com/q3sf7.jpg
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Flick Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:44 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Wasn't the jury out not so long ago that Higuain won't be a 'considerable' improvement on Giroud, if at all.
It's clear the kneejerking here in some of us.

Not sure if serious?
Higuain would almost start for every top team in the world while Giroud only is at Arsenal because Wenger. For his price tag, Giroud has been good but not good enough to lead Arsenal year after year.
The striker situation at arsenal is just pathetic, we have been need of striker since 2012 and for some reason Wenger cant never find a top striker.

Uh have you actually watched Higuain recently? cause their goal scoring record indicates that they are really similar. For stat comparison lets compare Higuain's 29 goals in 56 appearance to Giroud's 19 in 36 appearances. I'm pretty sure that if Giroud wasn't injured for 3 months he'd be somewhere in that 29 goal range. The goal to game ratio is about the same. Wait wait theres more, Higuain has 15 goals from open play in 37 games while Giroud has 14 goals from open play in 27 games.. While Giroud is clearly one dimensional in the way he plays with his back to the goal while Higuain is more versatile in the way he plays. While I would like a new striker for Arsenal, I believe only Lacazette, Morata, and Benzema would clearly improve Arsenal. I'd love Morata at Arsenal but we all know Juventus would not sell.

Flick
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:50 pm

Giroud plays with Özil/Ramsey/Cazorla while Higuain is the top goalscorer for a 5th placed team in Serie A.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:53 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:De Bruyne signed, meanwhile at Arsenal...

https://i.imgflip.com/q3sf7.jpg

LMFAO
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:42 pm

It's not even about who we bring in anymore tbh

City have won the league with De Bruyne in. With Chelsea signing Pedro, Baba and possibly Stones. They will rival them for the title.

Meanwhile we are too busy discussing about Charlie Austin and Wanyama
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:43 pm

Yeah but Charlie Austin can nearly get 20 for QPR surely he can get 40 for Arsenal?!
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:48 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNXxCcnWgAAv7cp.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:14 am

RealGunner wrote:It's not even about who we bring in anymore tbh

City have won the league with De Bruyne in. With Chelsea signing Pedro, Baba and possibly Stones. They will rival them for the title.

Meanwhile we are too busy discussing about Charlie Austin and Wanyama

Yeap
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:44 am

@Urban, Higuain has a release clause of €100m in his contract.

€100m for Higuain rofl
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:52 am

Offer €50m and De Laurentis will ship him off by himself.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:05 pm

50m for Higuain? Proud

----------

Ok you have your views, I have mine. And I personally don't rate Gonzalo Higuain.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:15 pm

I think Higuain could do well with us but there are serious, serious concerns over his ability to produce when it matters and that's what it boils down to for us. Getting it over the line in clutch moments and not just knocking in around 20 per year and almost challenging.

Plus, for €50 million I'd rather risk the biscuit on Charlie Austin, Berahino, Anthony Martial etc.

You could probably buy any one of those forwards (with the exception of maybe Berahino) and have a decent amount to spend on a depth-level CM as well.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:30 pm

I'm not convinced that any of these players would make Wenger bench Giroud though.

I'm of course open to other strikers like Lacazette or as RG suggested Hulk. Higuain is just one name out of many strikers out there, even now.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:47 pm

I would humbly suggest Icardi as an option who is both of the requisite quality to displace Giroud and potentially attainable.

From a footballing perspective, Icardi can be rather uninvolved at times, something I tend to dislike about his game, however he does have the skill to link up capably with his team mates and shows intelligence in the way he creates space and opportunities for his team mates. He passes well for a 9 and under Wenger I do feel he'd grow further to play less on the fringes of games. His impact in the box is undeniable however and he rises to the occasion in big games.

As for whether or not he is a realistic target, it would be difficult to attain such an important player for his side this late in the market, however no more so than any other target who is worth purchasing. Inter though, unlike PSG or Madrid, will bend to an offer if it's deemed too good to refuse. If you present them with a healthy profit on a youngster, they're the most likely to seize it.

He doesn't even seem to be on your radar however. There is also one extra drawback in that he's a complete git.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:55 pm

Urban you do realise the only reason RG mentioned Hulk was because he signed him on FIFA right lol?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:56 pm

I do like Icardi as a player but he's a despicable person and not linked with us so.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:56 pm

Icardi is a great suggestion, I mentioned him as a potential target before he signed a new contract. Signing Icardi would mean overpaying though and then the spreadsheet fans will start raging.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:58 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Urban you do realise the only reason RG mentioned Hulk was because he signed him on FIFA right lol?

I didn't know that. Thank you for this important information. I will CC this to RG so he can bring up more names from his FIFA save.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:58 pm

Not to mention he's not French enough for Arsenal.

Speaking of the greatest French centre forward of all time though, might I interest you in the Greater Benzema, Crown Prince Menez?

Only available for a limited time.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next