Bellabong
LeVersacci
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
35 posters

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 27 Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:09 am

Saw Di Caprio wasn't even nominated for oscars that year for titanic.

Jack Nicholson won it for 'As Good as It Gets' which with all due respect sounds awful.

Mat Damon didn't win for Good will hunting rofl rofl Probably because they didn't want it to give it to someone young and went for experience

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 27 Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:11 am

RealGunner wrote:Saw Di Caprio wasn't even nominated for oscars that year for titanic.

Jack Nicholson won it for 'As Good as It Gets' which with all due respect sounds awful.

Mat Damon didn't win for Good will hunting rofl rofl Probably because they didn't want it to give it to someone young and went for experience

As Good as it Gets was a great film imo, also Jack Nicholson is a GOAT imo. hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:11 am

He won for screenwriting though, in what was essentially a nerd wish fulfilment film.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:13 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:No because money is not constant. A dollar in 2015 is not the same thing as a dollar in 1990 or 1970. It's worth much, much less. Economists calll this the money illusion:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_illusion

The only way to really make comparisons across time like we are doing is to adjust it for inflation.

No it isn't. Like at all. The supply and demand of movies is a much different factor in today's market. There's no way to use inflation as a valid box office ranking. The market is different and should be seperated into different eras.

Infaltion is a way too vague term.

Gone with the wind ran for years as the only film in cinemas. This is a huge factor.

I hate bringing up this inflation, since there's so much to be desired.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:19 am

If you want to divide on eras that's fine with me (so long as you still inflation adjust) but I don't think any era is particularly benefitted. Gone with the Wind might have been the only film to show, but nowadays every film reaches every corner of the Earth, which GwtW certainly didn't, so the market is much bigger.

Also if you want to make the era argument I really think the box office has lost its true meaning now that we had VHRs, DVDs, BluRays, Streamings, PPV, merchandising, etc. We should really be talking about Revenues.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:26 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:If you want to divide on eras that's fine with me (so long as you still inflation adjust) but I don't think any era is particularly benefitted. Gone with the Wind might have been the only film to show, but nowadays every film reaches every corner of the Earth, which GwtW certainly didn't, so the market is much bigger.

Also if you want to make the era argument I really think the box office has lost its true meaning now that we had VHRs, DVDs, BluRays, Streamings, PPV, merchandising, etc. We should really be talking about Revenues.

Agree with the last paragraph. But there is no possible way to compare the box office of movie from the 30s and movies now. The factors are too big. The information about the money are also not detailed.

I just wrote a 20page report on this subject. And the biggest factor overall is, that in this decade there's been such a huge digitalization of the projection system that has eliminated every and all difficulty in obtained and showing movie. Which means every single theater can show basically every single movie out there, because they're downloaded and shown digitally. The downside of this, is that small movies don't earn enough money to survive and blockbusters earn most money. Also the money has to be earned over an 8-9 week period, or 90% of it. I can't see how any number since the digitalization can be compared with the numbers after, since it's a whole different world we live in.

The real money-earning thing is merchandising though. No one earns more from that, than the Star Wars franchise. They've probably sold more DVDs of their original trilogy this year than any other movie. Since they bought it from George they've also earned back the amount they paid in toys alone.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:36 am

Why are you actually so obsessed with how much of a profit a movie makes?
I think I've never met a single person before who really cared about it  Laughing

Genuine question cause I'm honestly confused hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:44 am

zigra wrote:Why are you actually so obsessed with how much of a profit a movie makes?
I think I've never met a single person before who really cared about it  Laughing

Genuine question cause I'm honestly confused hmm

Everything that gets produced in Hollywood is influenced by the amount of money in makes. Therefor Star Wars making a lot of money means more Star Wars films.

That pleases me. A lot.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:51 am

Ye I meant this year, thanks Freeza.

Vader in today's filmmaking world? My Lord nvm I'm hyped.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:00 am

CBarca wrote:Ye I meant this year, thanks Freeza.

Vader in today's filmmaking world? My Lord nvm I'm hyped.

Exactly why I'm hyped for it. We never really saw the extent of his powers because the technology didn't allow it. Hope to see him take down a couple X-wings with the force. I would die.

Also this Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 27 Tt7v5V0
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:11 am

Neither did the story line tbf.

Which is probably the biggest reason, by the time New Hope happened in what's considered the lore now is nearly 20 years after Revenge of the Sith.

So naturally he was emotionally a different person who had just experienced the only thing he cared about in his life die. Laughing

Seeing a younger Vader before he got to the master point in a New Hope where he was calm as shit but amazingly powerful as well would be great.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:16 am

Just found out Vader was 45 or something when he died Laughing

Thought he was like 60 because David Prowse looked old as f Laughing Didn't know why it never occured to me.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:10 am

RealGunner wrote:I saw Titanic like about 10 years ago or so. Never saw it again but i know the story and all

What's the reason for it being such a massive hit in terms of box office?

It's because it was re-watched like crazy. It actually made the most money two months after it's relase on Valentine's Day. Teen girls watched it like eight times, couples watched it, people took girls to watch it to get laid.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:56 am

Also yeah, can't wait to see Hayden Christensen's performance in Rogue One.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:07 am

Watched it again in 2D this time. Such a great movie.

I underestimated Driver the first time, he's so good in the film.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:26 am

Finished Lost Stars. Really loved it. Gives a really great look of both sides of the Empire/Rebel conflict during the times of the original trilogy and how the though proces is for the people serving both sides. Overall the story is a romance though, and a really good one. I recommend it highly.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:07 pm

Spoiler:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:10 pm

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:23 am

This is the same guy that's writing the next movie rofl

Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by silver Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:07 am

Regarding Kylo Ren, my issue is that he's got no presence as the main antagonist. It feels like he's just some kid playing in the grown up world. As soon as he took off his mask, all his aura just disappeared. Seems like an unpopular opinion around here.

Spoiler:
silver
silver
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:27 pm

CBarca wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

silver wrote:Regarding Kylo Ren, my issue is that he's got no presence as the main antagonist. It feels like he's just some kid playing in the grown up world. As soon as he took off his mask, all his aura just disappeared. Seems like an unpopular opinion around here.

Right there with you on Kylo Ren.

Spoiler:
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:47 pm

Spoiler:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:55 pm

Adam Driver portrays him exactly as he's written. This can be seen in the book.

Rey's age is 19

Kylo is 29
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:28 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Spoiler:

Well that's the thing.

Spoiler:
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:34 pm

Han Solo shortlist

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/star-wars-han-solo-spinoff-actors-1201675519/

Sources tell Variety that after seeing thousands of actors, execs have cut the list down to about a dozen actors with:
Miles Teller
Ansel Elgort
Dave Franco
Jack Reynor
Scott Eastwood
Logan Lerman
Emory Cohen
Blake Jenner

Scott Eastwood would be my pick of those listed, by far. If Taron Egerton isn't in the list also.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:21 am

Dave Franco rofl
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum