Bellabong
LeVersacci
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
35 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 26 Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by RealGunner Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:45 pm

Whats the latest on box office?

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Star Wars – Official Canon Thread.  - RIP Carrie Fisher - Page 26 Empty Re: Star Wars – Official Canon Thread. - RIP Carrie Fisher

Post by LeVersacci Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:47 pm

Read 1.5B a few days ago or something

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jan 03, 2016 8:51 pm

1,51b$ atm. Opening in China this upcoming weekend.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:04 pm

Passed Titanic Molenation
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:06 pm

Freeza gonna travel to China and watch it 10 more times over there imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Freeza gonna travel to China and watch it 10 more times over there imo.

roflLaughing pls Mole. Gonna sit front row and block the view for those tiny men

Also it didn't pass titanic. Still needs 600m+. Domestic doesn't count that much.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:26 pm

Ffs that's what I get for just reading headlines
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:27 pm

Here Cruijf.

This is the list so far.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

Star Wars will win the North America record by far. It could possibly hit 900m - 1b$ in north america alone, which is absolutely insane
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:30 pm

Rogue one will be coming out next year around the same time and then the next installment (VIII) the May after that (2017).

Opinions? I haven't heard anything about these other star wars movies, so I don't know what to expect. Should I be excited?

Will we see the other films not do quite as well now that the hype of star wars being revived is past? Is there a worry about there being too much star wars? 3 films in a year and a half is quite a lot.

Going through the OT right now since I wasn't able to do so before I watched VII, and remembering how great it is. Think I might be appreciating it even more now than I did as a kid
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:40 pm

Rogue One is this year hmm

Vader will show up Proud Original death star though, maybe people will complain about it.

Can't wait, it's my number 1 most anticipated for this year.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:44 pm

Never watched Avatar. Lmao those numbers ffs
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:44 pm

Rogue One has lots of talent so for that reason i'm hyped tbh.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:46 pm

It was the first true 3D movie. I didn't hate the movie, I really liked it. But everything it meant for the movie business is shit. Increased prices, so much 3d... James Cameron you pos.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:48 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Rogue One has lots of talent so for that reason i'm hyped tbh.

Also... First time we'll prob see prime Vader in live action rek some shit. He's never fought anyone in films that he didn't have an emotional connection to and probably held back.

Also the actors are amazing, one of the most stacked casts I've ever seen.

If Ben Mendelsohn isn't Tarkin i'll eat a shit.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:51 pm

Freeza wrote:It was the first true 3D movie. I didn't hate the movie, I really liked it. But everything it meant for the movie business is shit. Increased prices, so much 3d... James Cameron you pos.

I have seen it, i didn't hate it either but objectively it's not a good movie IMO.

At least TFA is that at the very least. ( although i think higher of it personally )Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Freeza wrote:It was the first true 3D movie. I didn't hate the movie, I really liked it. But everything it meant for the movie business is shit. Increased prices, so much 3d... James Cameron you pos.

I have seen it, i didn't hate it either but objectively it's not a good movie IMO.

At least TFA is that at the very least. ( although i think higher of it personally )Laughing

Objectively it is a good movie, if you can say that. It's formulaic, sure. But thoroughly entertaining and well told.

It's the most overhated movie of all time imho.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:00 am

I saw Titanic like about 10 years ago or so. Never saw it again but i know the story and all

What's the reason for it being such a massive hit in terms of box office?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:03 am

RealGunner wrote:I saw Titanic like about 10 years ago or so. Never saw it again but i know the story and all

It was a romantic blockbuster like nothing ever seen before that picked up steam. Also probably the first female blockbuster thing, was huge for couples probably. It also was in theaters for like a year.

That will never happen again due to the supply of movie is too big and the demand fits. All movies earn basically 90% of their income in the first 8 weeks.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:04 am

RealGunner wrote:I saw Titanic like about 10 years ago or so. Never saw it again but i know the story and all

Probably because of the backstory, it's based one of the biggest real life disasters in american history. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:04 am

Freeza wrote:Here Cruijf.

This is the list so far.

Star Wars will win the North America record by far. It could possibly hit 900m - 1b$ in north america alone, which is absolutely insane

Pls, didn't even pass Episode I in the inflation adjusted table.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

Gone with the wind is so ridiculous

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:06 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:05 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Probably because of the backstory, it's based one of the biggest real life disasters in american history. Laughing

It never got to America hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:07 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

This is the list so far.

Inflation is a stupid way to measure this. There's way too many factors to factor in this. Amount of movies, tickets prices, run time.

The only real measure is money earned.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:08 am

Yeah but it's destination was New York and most of the survivors ended up there so it's seen as like that.

It probably more thought about there than anywhere else.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:09 am

Freeza wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

This is the list so far.

Inflation is a stupid way to measure this. There's way too many factors to factor in this. Amount of movies, tickets prices, run time.

The only real measure is money earned.

No because money is not constant. A dollar in 2015 is not the same thing as a dollar in 1990 or 1970. It's worth much, much less. Economists calll this the money illusion:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_illusion

The only way to really make comparisons across time like we are doing is to adjust it for inflation.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:09 am

Saw Di Caprio wasn't even nominated for oscars that year for titanic.

Jack Nicholson won it for 'As Good as It Gets' which with all due respect sounds awful.

Mat Damon didn't win for Good will hunting rofl rofl Probably because they didn't want it to give it to someone young and went for experience
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next