Katy Perry
jibers
huntsman
Kick
junkyard
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

How to strengthen our midfield - Page 3 Empty Re: How to strengthen our midfield

Post by huntsman Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:56 pm

I only tell you what i know.

huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

How to strengthen our midfield - Page 3 Empty Re: How to strengthen our midfield

Post by huntsman Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:37 pm

I hope you saw the importance of Willian today.
This is by no means a great match for him, but he's one of those players that can make a difference and help patch the leaks when the team is leaking.

I am here to help, guys. When I tell you something, its because I believe in it and I have my reasons.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:43 pm

huntsman wrote:I hope you saw the importance of Willian today.
This is by no means a great match for him, but he's one of those players that can make a difference and help patch the leaks when the team is leaking.

I am here to help, guys. When I tell you something, its because I believe in it and I have my reasons.

Willian was woeful, by far the worst player on the pitch alongside Ivanovic. He lost the ball every time he touched it.

The Assist was a rarity, that was his third assist of the season. he is an attacking player, you would think he can make a very routine pass in that area, a better finish by Remy.

Willian has only 3 assists and 2 goals in the PL, that is not good enough for a side like Chelsea.

I do not mind Willian that much, but lets be real he is not Chelsea material. Especially to play on a regular basis.

Not that i am that convinced by Oscar, but at least he has shown he is capable of playing as one of your best player for a stretch of period. He is also only 23 years old.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:48 pm

Fußball wrote:Koke said no to Barca and renewed his contract immediately after Barca tried to buy him last summer because he said he loves Atletico. Why would he suddenly leave for Chelsea (no disrespect, but a Spaniard prefering Barca over Chelsea if he wanted to leave isn't far fetched I think)?

Also sports seems to have slept over Pogba being Bartomeu's #1 election card. Just a few days ago to Gazzetta dello Sport:

Bartomeu: "I can say that he [Pogba] is a great player but we must check if Juve want to sell, also understand Raiola's strategy."

The only purpose of hiring ex Milan director Braida right now is because of his good relationships in Italy. He already met with Marotta after the Juventus-BVB game in Italy for example. So it's not between PSG and Madrid only.

Doesn't Barca have a transfer ban in the summer?

I agree Koke would probably prefer Barca over Chelsea. But will see how this end up.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:58 pm

Barca has a transfer ban until summer of 2016... Pogba probably doesn't want to wait, especially since he got his first semi-serious injury of his career just this week and he's out for 50 days. Things change very, very quickly in football and his agent Raiola is one of the best at realizing this.

He gets paid well at Juve... but we're talking 2-3x somewhere else. He's only human.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:03 pm

sportsczy wrote:Barca has a transfer ban until summer of 2016... Pogba probably doesn't want to wait, especially since he got his first semi-serious injury of his career just this week and he's out for 50 days. Things change very, very quickly in football and his agent Raiola is one of the best at realizing this.

He gets paid well at Juve... but we're talking 2-3x somewhere else. He's only human.

Madrid have to lose somebody if Pogba comes in, who is leaving? Isco? Bale?
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:59 pm

You should not rate Willian based on this sole performance. He might not be the world's best player in his position, but he is a chelsea player and he can be an asset while at it..

Willian is better than half the Chelsea squad. He is up there with the Cescs and he is most certainly better than the useless oscar. So if you want to start with the purging you better start with Mikel, Ramires and Oscar first.

Willian is a better player than Cuadrado and he has room to improve still.
He has fantastic sense of possessioning  always there to make those ball steels; he's not big so he has to play intelligently. So if he himself is not ticking offensively, that or chelsea as a team, then Willian can resort back and produce some defensive goodness. This is the power of versatility and such are the type of players that you want your team to be built on.

Take note of the thought and execution process that Willian puts into his game. The execution has been relatively mediocre but the thought / planning is elite. He is not up there yet, but he can improve. Willian is one of those late blossoming players; whether he will get the chance to prove himself or not, is up to the coach.

But if you thought that he was woeful today then you are absolutely mistaken . He was perhaps the third best player after hazard and courtois.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:10 am

First of all this "ball stealing" he has done is nonexistent. He is averaging a grand total.....wait for it .3 interceptions per game, and he is averaging 1 tackle per game.

I'll give him that he is providing cover for Ivanovic. But still doesn't help that we get killed every time from the right lol.

I would take Oscar over Willian any day of the week, at least i know what Oscar is capable at his best. William is not good enough, i cant believe we paid 30m for a defensive winger. What is clear Oscar needs competition, and spend more time on the bench next season. William needs to be sold.

William is easy replaceable in fact we can sign James freaking Milner on a free to do his job.

Top 3 player against Hull? I am not sure if you believe that, he was horrendous he lost the ball every time he touched it.

Easily top 3 worst player on the pitch.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:11 am

Re-steals / interceptions;  Perhaps the stats you're coming with are projected over the duration of season. Willian's form caught my attention just recently and I invite you to check his weighted stats from the last couple of months.

He cant be one of the worst players in the game because he produced an assist on a night when Chelsea needed it most. His contribution to the game qualifies him by default to be top3 or 4. If you want to replace him, then that's fine, but you better line up a good candidate and Milner is not a one.

I know he had several turn-overs in the game, and I do know he has considerably underwhelmed considering the expectations and his price tag. Those are surface level details that are read by every fan and pundit.  

But Chelsea already bought him and now its up to the Coach to make best use of him or sell him. And I did propose a better way of utilizing him by making use of his other good attributes and that is by replacing Ramires as a DM / CM. He will be a hit if he teams up with Matic.

Sure, Willian is replaceable but let's be fair, he is not the source of Chelsea's problems. Oscar, Ramires, Mikel, Luis all offer much less. Heck I even rate Willian over Cesc and up there with Matic. Yes I do know this will come as a surprise to many.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3