How can Man City strengthen (their XI) ?

+14
gnrfan
Mr Nick09
McAgger
Onyx
Hapless_Hans
BarrileteCosmico
futbol
Swanhends
Great Leader Sprucenuce
VendettaRed07
Robespierre
Vibe
Kick
Art Morte
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How can Man City strengthen (their XI) ? Empty How can Man City strengthen (their XI) ?

Post by Art Morte Mon May 12, 2014 9:45 am

Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Nastasic - Kolarov
Navas - Toure - Fernandinho - Silva
Aguero - Dzeko

Or perhaps Nasri over Navas or Dzeko, but anyway.

Which players they could realistically buy that would improve their XI?

It seems likely that Chelsea with a new striker, United with a few new players, perhaps Liverpool with a couple of signings and Arsenal with their key players fit for the whole season (presumably anyway) are all going to be stronger next season. But looking at Manchester City's best XI, it doesn't appear obvious to me where they need better players. So, which players you think they could get to improve their XI?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

How can Man City strengthen (their XI) ? Empty Re: How can Man City strengthen (their XI) ?

Post by Kick Mon May 12, 2014 9:46 am

They still need a New CB.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

How can Man City strengthen (their XI) ? Empty Re: How can Man City strengthen (their XI) ?

Post by Vibe Mon May 12, 2014 10:42 am

They won the league with Demichelis at the back.So definitely one CB or more depending on departures.

Fernandinho was often missing and it was felt,so a young player as alternative to him would certainly be an improvement over Demichelis filling in as DM.Rodwell and Garcia may be gone...So strenghten the center.

Goalkeeping troubles should be solved obviously,Hart has deceived many and Costel is not a GK of that caliber.

So there's at least 3 positions in need of a new face.Potentially 4 if some of the strikers leave.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon May 12, 2014 11:21 am

GK , CB , LB
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon May 12, 2014 11:41 am

replace Hart with someone better
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 12, 2014 11:58 am

Navas isn't a starter, Nasri is.

In any case AM, CB,LB and a DM.

But with the FFP sanctions that might be difficult to pull off.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon May 12, 2014 12:30 pm

I don't think City really need new players, I think what they need is for the key players they already have to stay healthy...Looking at Aguero, Nastasic, and Fernandinho

If I had to pick I'd go CB and DM though
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon May 12, 2014 1:28 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Navas isn't a starter, Nasri is.

In any case AM, CB,LB and a DM.

But with the FFP sanctions that might be difficult to pull off.

I'm talking strictly about the best XI, so I don't know what they would need an AM for when they've got Silva.

Also a few mentioning LB, but Kolarov and Clichy have both looked good to me this season. I don't think it would make sense trying to buy someone presumably better.

Calls for a DM to bench Fernandinho in the best XI? I don't know.

A new CB to partner Kompany could help them, but no one's mentioning any names?

Hart is perhaps the most obvious one to replace and I'm sure they could get a host of keepers, like Valdes, Begovic or what about Petr Cech if Chelsea make Courtois their number one next season? hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon May 12, 2014 1:34 pm

We'd never sell Cech to them.

We wouldn't even let Ba go to Arsenal.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 12, 2014 1:36 pm

Art Morte wrote:Hart
Zabaleta - Kompany - Nastasic - Kolarov
Navas - Toure - Fernandinho - Silva
Aguero - Dzeko

They could do with Alexis Sanchez and a CB to replace Kompany.

Hart is obviously horrible but they won't replace a youth product so easily I reckon.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon May 12, 2014 1:43 pm

Kick wrote:We'd never sell Cech to them.

You sold Mata to United, though :coffee:

If you keep Courtois next season, Cech should move on and I don't know what clubs would be a better destination for him. If City come asking and Cech wants the transfer it would be a dick move of you to tell him 'no'.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon May 12, 2014 2:02 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Kick wrote:We'd never sell Cech to them.

You sold Mata to United, though :coffee:

If you keep Courtois next season, Cech should move on and I don't know what clubs would be a better destination for him. If City come asking and Cech wants the transfer it would be a dick move of you to tell him 'no'.

Mata isn't a legend like Cech, also, Utd overpaid for Mata. City would have to pay equally silly money if we are to consider it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 12, 2014 3:08 pm

To answer your question Art.

Neither Clichy or Kolarov are good enough so they need a LB.

They need a DM because Fernandinho and Yaya are too poor defensively at CL level.

They need another AM because Nasri is not good enough to be a starter for a team that wants to win the CL.

For City they are the same stage at Juventus, they can stand still and win the league but that's not good enough they need to be in the latter stages of the CL.

To do this they need a ball winner like Javi Martinez, a quality LB, a CB worthy of being Kompany's partner lol and a quality playmaker to dovetail off Silva.

I would also change to 433 tbh.

Hart
Zabaleta New CB Kompany New LB
New DM Yaya Silva
New AM Dzeko Aguero
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon May 12, 2014 3:33 pm

They do need a new CB but to replace lescott not demi. If you guys actually talked to City family s you would realize that Demi has had a good season and covered for many of Kompany 's brainfarts this season. He was chosen as april' s player of the month by the fans and albeit a few large mistakes he is definitely good enough for 3rd choice CB. Just look at the love he got by the fans at the celebration
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 12, 2014 4:13 pm

Demichelis is playing well for some time now. Top notch for Malaga last season under Pelle as well. People make fun of him because of his name; van Gaal exposed him with his crazy tactics at Bayern so people thought he was finished. He's by far their most experienced defender and performs better than the overrated Kompany most of the time.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 12, 2014 6:50 pm

Fussball Proud

finally someone standing up for Micho
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 12, 2014 6:59 pm

Aguero won't be comfortable on the left and Silva is at his best when he's got a free role. I think they need a technical playmaker CM. Someone like Gundogan would have been perfect.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon May 12, 2014 7:16 pm

When Toure was injured they were playing Javi Garcia ffs. JAVI *bleep* GARCIA. They definitely need a new CM/DM. LB Is also definite as Kolarov and Clichy are meh.

And obviously a CB.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 12, 2014 7:18 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Aguero won't be comfortable on the left and Silva is at his best when he's got a free role. I think they need a technical playmaker CM. Someone like Gundogan would have been perfect.

He won't be stuck on the left, its the same as when Suarez starts out on the left like he has done but he rarely actually stays there.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 12, 2014 7:21 pm

So basically an asymetric 442
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 12, 2014 7:24 pm

More or less yeah.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gnrfan Mon May 12, 2014 7:35 pm

wait till next season when jovetic is fit. kid is a phenom who ripped through some of the best defenses in europe when 20 or so. reminded me as a juve fan of a young del piero
gnrfan
gnrfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon May 12, 2014 9:04 pm

Anyone willing to suggest any names? hmm

It's easy to say CB, CM, LB, ETC., but who could & should they actually buy? Like, which LB would be an improvement over Kolarov and Clichy?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 12, 2014 9:26 pm

Coentrao maybe for LB, but I doubt Man City will drop Clichy. Also I can see Kolarov leaving for Italy this summer.

For CB Nastasic will probably get his spot back.

For CM, maybe someone like Moutinho, not sure how he's doing at Monaco though, he could be tempted. Maybe Herrera. Also I can see them one day going after Ramsey.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 12, 2014 9:29 pm

we would have to be real dumb to sell coentrao now
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next