+2
S
Luca
6 posters

Go down

The Midfield Empty The Midfield

Post by Luca Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:12 pm

Surag's post in another topic sparked my interest:

Surag wrote:I am not sure what we're going to do with Pogba with our midfield being stacked atm tbh.

I did read few weeks ago that Conte will judge him in pre-season and then maybe take a decision of either keeping him or loaning him out.

So,

Pirlo
Vidal
Marchisio
Asamoah
Marrone
Padoin
---------
Giandonato
Bouy
Appelt
Pogba
Verratti (potentially)

I wonder what is going to happen

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

The Midfield Empty Re: The Midfield

Post by S Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:54 pm

Watch this video..

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/8753444/paul_pogba_in_francia_serbia_3_0/

Pogba plays in front of the defense in this game..Vice-Pirlo for this season hmm

We're also apparently after Geoffrey Kondogbia from the same team.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:40 pm

Pogba is a great talent.. He has amazing ball control (due to his very long legs), great run speed, good shots, good vision and has the ability to recover a good amount of bls.. He is perfect physically, and covers big ground. Can't wait to see him playing for us!
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:28 am

tuddor wrote:Pogba is a great talent.. He has amazing ball control (due to his very long legs), great run speed, good shots, good vision and has the ability to recover a good amount of bls.. He is perfect physically, and covers big ground. Can't wait to see him playing for us!

I think the midfield will consist of;
Vidal
Pirlo
Marchisio
Asamoah
Marrone
Isla
Buoy

GiacomelaJuventuseraprimo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:32 am

Surag wrote:Watch this video..

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/8753444/paul_pogba_in_francia_serbia_3_0/

Pogba plays in front of the defense in this game..Vice-Pirlo for this season hmm

We're also apparently after Geoffrey Kondogbia from the same team.

He can actually play pretty much anywhere in the midfield from what I know, comfortable attacking and defending

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:40 am

I dont know how Pogba is gonna fit in, and im honestly.more intrigued by Gia.donato and Marrone than him. All i know is, our midfield is sick. Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal, Marrone, Padoin, Asamoah, Pogba, Giandonato, and Appelt, plus Isla and Giaccherini both abls to play as a CM as well.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:42 am

I want to see Giaccherini as an attacker when called upon
He is good at breaking down smaller sides who defend in great numbers

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juventrini Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:43 am

Luca wrote:Surag's post in another topic sparked my interest:

Surag wrote:I am not sure what we're going to do with Pogba with our midfield being stacked atm tbh.

I did read few weeks ago that Conte will judge him in pre-season and then maybe take a decision of either keeping him or loaning him out.

So,

Pirlo
Vidal
Marchisio
Asamoah
Marrone
Padoin

---------
Giandonato????
Bouy
Appelt
Pogba
Verratti (potentially)???

I wonder what is going to happen

padoin we should be looking to sell. pogba can and i guess he's there to deputise for pirlo as when ive always seen him he sits just infront the defense a la pirlo. he's big and tall and strong like an ox and seems to be very well with the ball at his feet which is kind of rare..i see him integrating into the team next season and not going out on loan...looking forward..

and i hear we're going after adriano for that LWB position

juventrini
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:44 am

No i was just talking on the possibility of him being a substitute to Pirlo in the absence of Veratti atleast for this season..Ideally we would want to keep Pirlo as healthy as possible this season.

He's got the passing range,technique(wonderful close control) and most importantly he's strong and athletic..A complete player really and we have to wait and see if his talent translates into meaningful perfomances.

I'm sure Conte will try him out in a few pre-season games most probably use him in Pirlo's position..A valuable assessment can be made then.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juventrini Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:46 am

juventus101 wrote:I dont know how Pogba is gonna fit in, and im honestly.more intrigued by Gia.donato and Marrone than him. All i know is, our midfield is sick. Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal, Marrone, Padoin, Asamoah, Pogba, Giandonato, and Appelt, plus Isla and Giaccherini both abls to play as a CM as well.

intrigued by giadonato? ur easily intrigued then...that guy isnt going to be seein a juve lineup anytime soon...made no impression wherever he was sent on loan..i know he was injured a bit but even when he was fit he wasnt getting much gametime. marrone im ok with but unlike pogba he has no personality...comparatively too timid...

juventrini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juventrini Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:47 am

Surag wrote:No i was just talking on the possibility of him being a substitute to Pirlo in the absence of Veratti atleast for this season..Ideally we would want to keep Pirlo as healthy as possible this season.

He's got the passing range,technique(wonderful close control) and most importantly he's strong and athletic..A complete player really and we have to wait and see if his talent translates into meaningful perfomances.

I'm sure Conte will try him out in a few pre-season games most probably use him in Pirlo's position..A valuable assessment can be made then.

even with veratti i think id rather pogba sitting in front the defense...we'll see how both progresses next season and itll become clearer...really looking forward to next season..

juventrini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:48 am

Fair enough Surag, Marrone is also somewhat capable, as is Bouy but I think it is too early to see him.

I'm just saying don't box Pogba into a Pirlo type role, he is capable of playing in different roles and I think he will fit in very well. I hope to see him with the first team next season.

Ideally,

Pirlo
Marchisio
Vidal
Asamoah
Marrone
Pogba
+1 more off the list from the original post

Then Isla/Giacch who will also be with the squad and capable at times of playing through the midfield

That depth cheers

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:58 am

Marrone would be better off being used in an advanced role in my opinion rather than playing him deep.

Yeah Pogba is perfectly capable of playing different roles but at this point our necessity calls for a Pirlo substitute and we already have viable alternatives for both Vidal and Marchisio but maybe i'm knee-jerking a bit here but he "could" be that guy..I am also keen to know how good of a short passer he really is,well i guess pre-season could explain a few things hopefully.

Pirlo(Pogba)

Marchisio(Marrone)--------Vidal(Asamoah)

Legit hmm
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juventrini Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:17 am

Surag wrote:Marrone would be better off being used in an advanced role in my opinion rather than playing him deep.

Yeah Pogba is perfectly capable of playing different roles but at this point our necessity calls for a Pirlo substitute and we already have viable alternatives for both Vidal and Marchisio but maybe i'm knee-jerking a bit here but he "could" be that guy..I am also keen to know how good of a short passer he really is,well i guess pre-season could explain a few things hopefully.

Pirlo(Pogba)

Marchisio(Marrone)--------Vidal(Asamoah)

Legit hmm

this. marrone is more in the marchisio mould. agreed that pogba can play in all roles but its that deep lying playmaker/distributer a la pirlo that we'll be most interested in...

juventrini
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down