iftikhar
Curtinho
Art Morte
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Liverpool v Leicester Empty Liverpool v Leicester

Post by Art Morte Tue 30 Dec 2014, 09:19

Should be one of the most straightforward wins of the season. They're the 2nd worst away team in the league (QPR actually have 0 points from away games, lol) and the worst overall. However, they did win their last game, which was away to Hull hmm

We beat them at their ground less than a month ago, as you probably remember.

They're missing their 1st choice keeper, Schmeicel, and their star man, Konchesky, is suspended.

I don't know how else to highlight the fact that they're shit.

As for us, the line-up is the big question. No doubt the formation will be the 3-4-3, but are there going to be changes? Whether Gerrard plays is the biggest question of them all, and the most divisive among LFC fans nowadays. Will the full-backs be the same? Manquillo hadn't appeared in four games before last night. Skrtel is suspended, so is it going to be Kolo or Dejran? Will Henderson keep his place in CM - or could he even get a rest? The lad has played every possible minute in December. I kinda hope he doesn't get a rest, though, because that might mean a Gerrard - Lucas CM pair again, which is just hopeless. Anyway, we'll see, but whatever the XI is, it's going to arouse some discussion.

Kicking the new year off doesn't really get easier than this as long as the manager nor the players do anything stupid. It would be difficult to f this up. Bring on Thursday.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Liverpool v Leicester Empty Re: Liverpool v Leicester

Post by Curtinho Tue 30 Dec 2014, 15:35

Another big win I'm thinking. Lallana, Coutinho and Sterling firing on all cylinders. Hopefully Henderson stays in midfield, but against Leicester it shouldn't matter.

Can - Sakho - Lovren
Markovic - Henderson - Lucas - Moreno
Lallana - Coutinho
Sterling

Get in!
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue 30 Dec 2014, 17:07

El Cujo wrote:Another big win I'm thinking. Lallana, Coutinho and Sterling firing on all cylinders. Hopefully Henderson stays in midfield, but against Leicester it shouldn't matter.

Can - Sakho - Lovren
Markovic - Henderson - Lucas - Moreno
Lallana - Coutinho
Sterling

Get in!
Don't think Rodgers will tweak with a winning combination apart from replacing Skrtel off-course.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 30 Dec 2014, 17:30

Gerrard will start this and you better believe it. Laughing Shame really because Hendo-Lucas works so well.

I hope Manquillo and Moreno retain their spots and hopefully it's Kolo over Lovren. Don't want that clown to ever play for us again.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue 30 Dec 2014, 17:44

Don't call me James wrote:I hope Manquillo and Moreno retain their spots and hopefully it's Kolo over Lovren. Don't want that clown to ever play for us again.

Rolling Eyes

Come on man. I thought you supported players once they came here?

http://sfcplayerstats.wordpress.com/2013/09/29/dejan-lovren/
http://basstunedtored.com/2014/07/22/dejans-defending-the-look-of-lovren/
http://www.squawka.com/news/why-mamadou-sakho-and-dejan-lovren-should-be-the-starting-defensive-pairing-at-liverpool/173316

Lovren is actually perfect to play in a Rodgers system. The issue is Skrtel and I suspect, if Lovren is in for Skrtel in the next game, we'll see that more. Of course Lovren has made some really bad mistakes in getting settled here, but Rodgers picked him for a reason and passing judgment on him 20 games into his career here (a few of which where he has played quite well, others average, and some poorly) is just silly. He's only 25 and coming off a great season for another team.

Look at this: http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/08/analysing-dejan-lovrens-performance-liverpool-v-southampton/

Confidence goes a long way. Lovren is playing without it and there is a lot more than just his play that contributed to the poor defensive organization in the first third of the season. I trust Rodgers to groom Lovren well and give him his confidence back. Hopefully against a few lesser sides because Lovren was fantastic in big games for Southampton last season.

Weren't people just calling Moreno, Lallana and most of our summer signings shit? Give it a rest.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 30 Dec 2014, 17:50

I was supporting Lovren until I realized he's absolutely shit and never ever worthy to play for my beloved the club. I want what's best for the club, why would I want shit players to play for LFC?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue 30 Dec 2014, 17:50

Im scared of the amount of space Mahrez will find in the wings, He might cause some problems. Ulloa is the other threat. Nothing else to worry about tbh.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 30 Dec 2014, 17:53

Actually with Manquillo and Moreno choosing their runs wisely space was limited for Swansea's wingers (Dyer and Routeledge) who are better than Mahrez. So not worried. And Lucas is amazing at covering for fullbacks and wingbacks which he did well against Swansea when Moreno was pushing too far forward.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue 30 Dec 2014, 17:53

If Stoke beat Utd, and Saints and Arsenal draw and we win.

then 3 pts off top 4 with half season to play smoking

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue 30 Dec 2014, 17:55

Lovren with Ulloa is a battle he'll lose IMO. Lets see. Kolo has 0 chance of winning that.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 30 Dec 2014, 17:58

This is Lovren all the time Laughing No thank you.

Click to see gif
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue 30 Dec 2014, 18:00

Don't call me James wrote:I was supporting Lovren until I realized he's absolutely shit and never ever worthy to play for my beloved the club. I want what's best for the club, why would I want shit players to play for LFC?

You realized he's absolutely shit based on what? A few bad games? How many bad games has Sterling, Coutinho, Henderson, Sakho, etc. had? Where does the distinction between actual quality and form come into play? The whole team was playing like shit but you want to single out a 25 year old new signing who was one of the very best defenders in the PL last season?

Then again, you want to sack Rodgers and think he's a fraud too from that same span ignoring what he's accomplished here to the same point, so I guess it fits.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 30 Dec 2014, 18:02

A few bad games?

Lovren hasn't had a decent game in a Liverpool shirt after the preseason Dortmund match. The guy is a fraud of a footballer stealing a living. No wonder all the Lyon fans hated him and wanted him gone. He's terrible living off of a good 3 months at Soton.

He had such an overrated season last year. All you have to do is look back to our game at Saint Merry's where he was at fault for 2 of the decisive goals.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue 30 Dec 2014, 18:11

Lovren was good against Southampton, great against Tottenham, great against QPR, good against Villa, good against Hull, and average in most of his games outside of that but you are vastly overstating your point and overreacting as always. It's as though you evaluate all your players or everything to do with football based on current form alone. How many really poor games has Lovren had for Liverpool? Maybe 5 or 6? I expect more from him anyway, as should everyone, but writing him off this early when he's had just as many good to exceptional games is asinine.

Fraud Rodgers. Fraud Lovren. Fraud Lallana. Fraud Moreno. Fraud Lucas. Etc. etc.

Anyway, even in that clip you highlighted Lovren loses a challenge to one of the best and strongest players in the PL, who he then catches, contains and eventually cuts the lanes down and blocks a shot. He should have been better with the initial ball but you could post 1000 clips of defenders making much worse mistakes than that and not being able to make up for it. Meanwhile, Gerrard walking in midfield, Skrtel standing around and Moreno makes it back (eventually) after everyone else is already standing around, takes one swipe at Willian, and then stands around himself. rofl

'Overrated season' indeed...lauded by Southampton fans, pundits, and every metric alike. Yet someone who watched maybe 1 or 2 of his games last season calling him overrated. I'm sure many feel the same about our star players when they see them struggle a game or two.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue 30 Dec 2014, 18:16

The only thing I see in that clip is Lovren running like a headless chicken all over the defense, taking everyone else's position except his own.

You could be sitting in a house on fire and still would argue everything is fine. That sort of attitude just as bad as the pessimistic attitude you claim I have.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue 30 Dec 2014, 18:28

scratch Earlier in the season I said I wasn't worried because these things take time and patience. I still wasn't happy with our level of play, and I fully admitted that players haven't been playing well. I've pointed out numerous times that Skrtel, Johnson, Mignolet, etc. are not good enough and even softened my stance on Gerrard (legend) because of the necessity to the club. I won't however say I never want Lovren to play for us again because he's been underwhelming for over half the games he's played for us. If you are playing in an offensive system like we do defending becomes one of the hardest aspects to learn especially since Rodgers likes to build from the back and have aggressive defenders.

Being optimistic and patient with a team and with a manager that took us to 2nd the previous year and has improved our play since he got to Liverpool and being optimistic and patient with players brought in just this season who have had to learn a lot, deal with turnover, and have had injuries while they were quite good the previous year is just as bad as wanting to sell every player and axe the manager as soon as a little bit of a struggle occurs? Especially after how last season ended and the players we've had missing/lost/injured? To each their own I guess.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue 30 Dec 2014, 18:41

Nishy wrote:Lovren with Ulloa is a battle he'll lose IMO. Lets see. Kolo has 0 chance of winning that.

The same Kolo who won 100% battles with Cristiano Ronaldo a few weeks ago ? Proud

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue 30 Dec 2014, 18:49

Aerially Ulloa would cause enough problems for Toure.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue 30 Dec 2014, 19:30

If we just play as we should, Ulloa won't see the ball.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed 31 Dec 2014, 06:30

Art Morte wrote:If we just play as we should, Ulloa won't see the ball.
:wub: banana :bow: Thumbs up cheers
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed 31 Dec 2014, 12:42

Art Morte wrote:If we just play as we should, Ulloa won't see the ball.

agreed...lets just turn up and play hard, get 3 points !!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu 01 Jan 2015, 08:15

So what does the bib-theory say for this one :wub: banana :bow: !!!
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu 01 Jan 2015, 08:47

Kolo in at CB
Gerrard in at CM
Henderson at RWB

Skrtel and Manquillo out. Shame really, Henderson is effective at CM, Got two assists last game.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu 01 Jan 2015, 09:50

Nishy wrote:Kolo in at CB
Gerrard in at CM
Henderson at RWB

Skrtel and Manquillo out. Shame really, Henderson is effective at CM, Got two assists last game.
Kidding Suspect !!! Right hmm ??? It's one thing to include Gerrard after dropping for the previous game, but why mutilate Henderson on RWB Clubber !!! Pair Gerrard-Henderson in midfield.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu 01 Jan 2015, 10:30

Nishy wrote:Kolo in at CB
Gerrard in at CM
Henderson at RWB

That would be Gerrard & Lucas together in midfield again?

Liverpool v Leicester 272

The only, and I mean only, positive about that would be that it's only Leicester at Anfield and we should beat them even if we had a Lambert - Borini CM pair.

But let's wait and see, maybe it won't be Stevie and Leiva. I want to believe.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next