when i said Alexis was better than Ozil and Hazard...

+49
fatman123
Twoism
Lord Spencer
Yeezus
Thimmy
REWB
V
B-Mac
S
M99
Hapless_Hans
Donuts
Katy Perry
Doc
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Raptorgunner
Sri
FennecFox7
Lord Awesome
mr-r34
urbaNRoots
Robespierre
Abramovich
Ganso
chad4401
Curtinho
Socur Toxanarosa
junkyard
El Gunner
terrance511
VendettaRed07
Red Alert
CBarca
Valkyrja
Lex
Bankz
Glory
farfan
Wor Ayoze
Winter is Coming
Gil
futbol
BarrileteCosmico
RealGunner
izzy
Art Morte
DuringTheWar
MaraVilla
Mr Nick09
53 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

when i said Alexis was better than Ozil and Hazard... - Page 3 Empty Re: when i said Alexis was better than Ozil and Hazard...

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:03 am

farfan wrote:be honest , did you even know who sanchez was before barça were linked with him in 2011 ?  you don't even follow " serie zzzzzz  " by your own admission .

Alexis improved DESPITE barça , not thanks to them .
Of course. Clearly he would be a much better player had he stayed with Udinese under the tactical master Guidolin and world class talents such as Di Natale and... umm... yeah...

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

when i said Alexis was better than Ozil and Hazard... - Page 3 Empty Re: when i said Alexis was better than Ozil and Hazard...

Post by Bankz Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:18 am

Lol at people down playing suarez's efforts and suddenly acting like liverpool were legit league contenders just to make sanchez look on par..yes sanchez has been better than hazard and ozil but please lets leave it at that and not act like he's been having a maradonaesque season. His stats are good (10 goals in 17 league games & 15 goals in 26 games overall this season), but Arsenal are 6th ffs. A team with chamberlain, welbeck, sanchez, wilshire, ramsey, carzola, giroud are no scrubs.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:29 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
farfan wrote:be honest , did you even know who sanchez was before barça were linked with him in 2011 ?  you don't even follow " serie zzzzzz  " by your own admission .

Alexis improved DESPITE barça , not thanks to them .
Of course. Clearly he would be a much better player had he stayed with Udinese under the tactical  master Guidolin and world class talents such as Di Natale and... umm... yeah...

Benatia went from a ligue 2 player to a world class defender during his 3 years at udinese .
pretty sure Alexis could've also improved had he stayed there .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:35 am

Yes of course he could have, but to suggest that playing alongside Messi, Neymar, Xavi, Iniesta & Cesc could have actually been detrimental to him is just completely false. When he signed he stated that he came to Barça to "learn from Messi and Xavi, the ones that know the most" and later he stated that he had to re-learn how to play football there so clearly the experience was positive for him if he got something out of it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:38 am

Bankz wrote:Lol at people down playing suarez's efforts and suddenly acting like liverpool were legit league contenders just to make sanchez look on par..yes sanchez has been better than hazard and ozil but please lets leave it at that and not act like he's been having a maradonaesque season. His stats are good (10 goals in 17 league games & 15 goals in 26 games overall this season), but Arsenal are 6th ffs. A team with chamberlain, welbeck, sanchez, wilshire, ramsey, carzola, giroud are no scrubs.

You're doing the same but downplaying the rest of last season's Liverpool squad.

Lol.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:07 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Liverpool last season had not only arguably but a significantly better squad, without Suarez, than this Arsenal squad. C'mon last season was not just Suarez as much as people make fun of Liverpool, they had a strong team and a good consistent style of play.

Nothing like this Arsenal team who are absolutely rubbish tactically and technically. One player can only take you THIS far.

This is our Squad last season, if you can call it a squad. Take out Suarez and you still think they are better than arsenal this season.

Goal Keepers - Brad Jones, Simon Mignolet

Defenders - Glen Johnson, José Enrique, Kolo Touré, Daniel Agger, Mamadou Sakho, Aly Cissokho, Martin Kelly, Martin Škrtel, Jon Flanagan, Brad Smith

Midfielders - Luis Alberto, Steven Gerrard, Philippe Coutinho, Victor Moses, Jordan Henderson, Lucas Leiva, Joe Allen ,Raheem Sterling, Jordon Ibe ,João Carlos Teixeira

Strikers - Iago Aspas ,Daniel Sturridge

Our Best XI

Mig
Johnson Sahko Skrtel Flano
Gerrard
Hendo Cou
Sterling
?? Sturridge

Regardless of you replaced Suarez because all our bench options wouldn't even make your current squad, we are in no way better than the arsenal of this season.

We didn't do great last season because our 'Squad', we were carried on the backs of Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling.

mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:05 pm

Well exactly that's the point, you were not carried by Suarez alone. Sturridge did well when Bitey was getting suspended left and right and Sterling was brilliant in the 2nd half season, Henderson was consistently performing and Liverpool played in a formation which fit everyone. You can't say any of this of Arsenal this season.

Arsenal are a wreck this season without Alexis while Liverpool were performing well even without Bitey when he was out.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:31 pm

You said that this seasons arsenal squad was worse then ours without Suarez though, which is completely BS.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:45 pm

mr-r34 wrote:You said that this seasons arsenal squad was worse then ours without Suarez though, which is completely BS.

Agree.
Liverpool still has the same squad plus additions, minus Suarez as last season. And look where they are now. They were completely pnching above their weight last season and we all knew that.

We have such a good squad, but injuries and a not-so-good-anymore manager aren't helping us in getting the desired results.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:12 pm

@gunner exactly.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:55 am

Better than Ozil not Hazard, tho.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:03 am

clearly better than hazard.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:12 am

The question of the two isn't whether he's better than Hazard, it's Ozil. He's quite clearly better than the likes of Hazard Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:24 am

Ozil is a one dimensional player. hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:44 am

farfan wrote:
Fußball wrote:
farfan wrote:

His last season in Udinese was better than anything he did in barça .

barça didn't do shit for him other than play him out of position  or in tactics that didn't suit him .

You're obviously wrong.

be honest , did you even know who sanchez was before barça were linked with him in 2011 ?  you don't even follow " serie zzzzzz  " by your own admission .

Serie zZZzZZ might be irrelevant these days but I'm not completely oblivious to talents in it. Yes, I even know of the existence of Pogba, Kovacic, Cuadrado etc. Laughing In Alexis case, allasfcb, a Barca fan and full time hipster who used to make great player compilations about Barca players and players that were linked to Barca, was hyping him up to no end way before his Barca move. I also watched World Cup 2010. "Did you know who Sanchez was before 2011", fss, smh. Laughing

http://twitter.com/allas4/status/487314991083556864

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:52 am

El Gunner wrote:
mr-r34 wrote:You said that this seasons arsenal squad was worse then ours without Suarez though, which is completely BS.

Agree.
Liverpool still has the same squad plus additions, minus Suarez as last season. And look where they are now. They were completely pnching above their weight last season and we all knew that.

We have such a good squad, but injuries and a not-so-good-anymore manager aren't helping us in getting the desired results.

Exactly. Bankz is kidding himself if he thinks sanchez is not making a huge difference. Arsenal would be midtable this year without him Laughing
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:51 am

Is it fair to say that he is the best player in England?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:03 am

Yeap
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:35 am

Madrid and Barca would choose Hazard over Sanchez everytime. That's all you need to know. It would be a sad indicment on the quality of English football if a Barca reject was the best player in the League (he isn't thankfully).
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:54 am

Dat Gil Logic Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:55 am

I wonder how you feel about the performances of Barca reject Cesc in your midfield hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:58 am

srigooner wrote:I wonder how you feel about the performances of Barca reject Cesc in your midfield hmm
rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:04 am

srigooner wrote:I wonder how you feel about the performances of Barca reject Cesc in your midfield hmm

when i said Alexis was better than Ozil and Hazard... - Page 3 Salute_a5380c_2096166
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:27 am

Cesc has let me down. Like Sanchez he hasn't really performed against the big teams so far.

I'll just leave this here for you.

Sanchez vs the Top 8: 7 games, 1 goal, 2 assists

Hazard vs the Top 8: 8 games, 4 goals, 5 assists

The entire makeup of this thread would be completely different in the latter were padding his stats against fodder. Again, football fans are too obsessed with numbers, it shows a lack of understanding of the game.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:18 am

Gil wrote:Again, football fans are too obsessed with numbers, it shows a lack of understanding of the game.

Yet you just used numbers to prove your point.

Anyway it's not exactly surprising Sanchez numbers have dropped against bigger opposition. The bloke has been carrying Arsenal all season and the big teams know it so they plan for it and just try to stop him.

Which has obviously proved successful so far, Chelsea on the other hand are a vastly better team with more consistent threats so the teams have to plan for it leading to more opportunities for Hazard.

I don't think it's a coincidence that Hazard looks better with the opposition having to focus on Fabregas, improved play of Oscar and Costa compared to last seasons Ramires, Mikel etc etc.

You may be disappointed with Fabregas but his mere presence on the pitch leads to more space for those around him including Hazard. That's what I meant when I said before Hazard doesn't even have to play well to be praised, because there's multiple threats on the pitch leading to victories regardless unlike last year when if he was average it was clear as *bleep* day.

This is not the case with Sanchez as if he doesn't do it no one will, which shouldn't really be the case but due to injuries, poor selection choices and tactics by Wenger it sadly is.

In a lot of ways Sanchez is last years Hazard with better end product for all the reasons I just explained, it shouldn't be like that but sadly it is.

To finish though, i don't actually understand the comparison between the two as far as who is better. One is a midfielder and one is a forward so it's natural the stats are in Sanchez's favour.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:19 am

Gil wrote:Cesc has let me down. Like Sanchez he hasn't really performed against the big teams so far.

I'll just leave this here for you.

Sanchez vs the Top 8: 7 games, 1 goal, 2 assists

Hazard vs the Top 8: 8 games, 4 goals, 5 assists

The entire makeup of this thread would be completely different in the latter were padding his stats against fodder. Again, football fans are too obsessed with numbers, it shows a lack of understanding of the game.

Well, you brought up the numbers, not me.

Does that show your obsession with numbers and a lack of understanding of the game, then?

(Refer what you left for me in the quoted post. I guess those are the numbers then hmm )

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next