Hapless_Hans
Unique
El Gunner
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
24 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Özil contract situation Empty Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Özil contract situation

Post by urbaNRoots Thu 08 Dec 2016, 12:18

We as fans have been chill about their situation at the club... until this morning when Wenger wasn't exactly optimistic that they will extend. Here are some questions and answers regarding this issue in today's press conference. The questions are in bold.

Arsene Wenger says Arsenal are doing their utmost to persuade Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil to sign new contracts at the Emirates but he can’t offer assurances at the moment that deals will be done.

Stressing that both players are fully committed to the Gunners the boss played up the fact that 18 months is a long time in football and that negotiations have no impact on the duo or the wider dressing room. He also dismissed suggestions that Arsenal are willing to listen to offers for the players.

There were two main batches of questions on the subject of contract renewals in his Friday press conference, here’s what the boss said.

__

There’s a lot of uncertainty this week over the long-term futures of Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Ozil, they both have 18 months left on their contracts…

It depends what you call long-term, 18 months is quite long in football, you know.

I hear what you say, but what assurances can you give to Arsenal fans right now?

None. They have 18 months contract and that they are completely committed to do well, as long as they are here.

And beyond that?

Beyond that, we’ll try to extend their contract. I cannot make a subject of that in every press conference because that’s a normal part of every renewal when you negotiate. The less you talk about it, the better it is.

Alexis Sanchez apparently has an offer for £400,000 a week to go to China. When you hear that kind of thing, do you believe it?

I believe it, yes. Why not? But why should you go to China today when you play in England?

You’ve said it’s not just about the money it’s about the other things and meeting the players needs…just how important is that side of things to players?

I believe we live in a world where the great players like Sanchez and Ozil earn a lot of money. They have the privilege to choose where they really want to play.

Will you have to break the current wage structure to keep them? And are you prepared to do that?

Look, like always we do the maximum we can for every single player.

Mesut Ozil apparently, if he isn’t prepared to take less money, the club would be willing to listen to offers. Is that true?

No. I don’t know where you find this. These players have 18 months contract and no matter what happens they will stay 18 months and hopefully much longer.

__

In the past when players have run their contracts down here into the final year – I’m thinking Robin van Persie – you decided to sell them. Is that not going to happen with Ozil and Sanchez?

I’m not the only one who can decide that, contract negotiations, in this case are between two parties. On my side, the best position is to achieve it earlier.

But if you get to next summer and there’s no agreement, are you saying you wouldn’t sell either of them?

I told you that these players will stay for at least 18 months. I cannot repeat always the same things. At some stage you have as well to accept that negotiations are private and secret and we do not always have to come out and explain every day what we do in football negotiations. We are professional people, we work until the last day of our contracts with full commitment.

http://news.arseblog.com/2016/12/wenger-on-ozil-alexis-futures-press-conference-transcript/

My opinion on this is that in the case that they don't extend until June, we should look for other options and make the most of their transfer fees. Letting them go for free, gives us nothing but an extra year of two unhappy players.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Özil contract situation Empty Re: Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Özil contract situation

Post by RealGunner Thu 08 Dec 2016, 18:43

Yea same. Love them both but if they want to leave then we should thank them for their service and say goodbye. Nothing is going to hurt as much as it did when RVP and Cesc left.

Shame we'll have to rebuild once again.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Özil contract situation Empty Re: Alexis Sanchez and Mesut Özil contract situation

Post by El Gunner Thu 08 Dec 2016, 20:57

Confident both of them will re-sign new contracts.

Unless of course we totally *bleep* up and don't make CL football or something worse.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu 08 Dec 2016, 21:02

looks like they are off then. they will get more money at other clubs and arsenal cant even offer them title wins to make then stay. you should sell them in the summer and get what money you can for them.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu 08 Dec 2016, 21:42

Can't really see them not renewing tbh.
Where would they go? That's the good thing about signing players that have already been discarded once from a mega club.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri 09 Dec 2016, 15:46

I believe they both would sign, just cant see them going anywhere else. I have a feeling Wenger will sign an extension and take the attention away by announcing both Ozil and Sanchez will signing long term contract. Laughing

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri 16 Dec 2016, 12:30

Alexis Sanchez has been offered a new Arsenal deal worth £180,000-a-week

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-offer-alexis-sanchez-80000-9465865
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri 16 Dec 2016, 16:05

Any idea how much Ozil and Sanchez asking for?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri 16 Dec 2016, 16:14

doubt they are signing at 180k,when already (reportedly on around 140/150k) would take well over 200k
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 16 Dec 2016, 16:49

as much as 230 is fine

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri 16 Dec 2016, 17:14

Alexis Sanchez says he is happy at Arsenal but has put the onus on the club to make the first move in contract negotiations.

When asked about his desire to sign a new contract, Sanchez told Sky Sports' Geoff Shreeves in an exclusive interview: "I'm focused more on winning football matches - I'm staying concentrated on that.

"It really doesn't depend on me - if they want to show confidence in me. I'm very happy at the club. I love all the staff. I'm very grateful for everybody here.

"It depends on Arsenal," the Chilean added, ahead of Sunday's match with Manchester City, live on Sky Sports.

"I enjoy the relationship with the fans. I want to achieve more for them. I want to win the Premier League and the Champions League."

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10698366/alexis-sanchez-admits-the-onus-is-on-arsenal-in-contract-tug-of-war?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 16 Dec 2016, 17:15

Offer him 250k lol

Who the *bleep* are we going to replace him with? Draxler or Narsingh? Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri 16 Dec 2016, 17:33

He's pretty much saying that he will sign if the money is right. That's good but knowing us we'll probably take the lowballing too far Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat 17 Dec 2016, 13:31

urbaNRoots wrote:He's pretty much saying that he will sign if the money is right. That's good but knowing us we'll probably take the lowballing too far Laughing

don't know why we always want to make things complicated :facepalm:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat 17 Dec 2016, 16:02

No way Arsenal will pay him as much as the Chinese. So it will all come down on weather he likes money more than good quality football.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun 18 Dec 2016, 19:09

They're both gone in the summer. Absolutely no way they can be convinced to stay with us in this state.

It's going to set us back a couple of years while we rebuild, too.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 18 Dec 2016, 19:12

-------------------Cech---------------------
Bellerin-----Mustafi-----Koscielny----Gabriel
-----------Xhaka------Wilshere------------
Ramsey-----------Coquelin-----------Iwobi
----------------Giroud------------------------

:banderas:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun 18 Dec 2016, 19:35

Coquelin AM rofl RG pls stop

We need a whole new fresh start once those two leave. Management and players. Keep Bellerin, Koscielny and Iwobi. The rest I don't care about.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 05 Jan 2017, 21:28

Arsene Wenger on #Özil and #Alexis:

"We are certain we'll find an agreement. But you cannot put the club in jeopardy for players."

Arsene Wenger to @beINSPORTS on Alexis Sánchez and Mesut Özil:

"They tell me they want to stay."

"No matter what, we'll try to keep them. We'll go as far as we can. If we can't go further, we can't go further."

Bye bye

Welcome back Gervinho and Denilson

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri 06 Jan 2017, 01:22

I swear if you pos' sell these two in England to Chelsea, City or United but refuse to sell to us I will be livid. Forever will hate Arsenal.

Keep them or sell them abroad or give us Alexis please.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun 08 Jan 2017, 20:03

Mesut Özil has said that he would like to sign a new contract with Arsenal but that he wants to know if Arsène Wenger is staying at the club beyond 2018 before committing his future to the club.

The attacking midfielder, who has 18 months left on his contract, said in an exclusive interview with German football magazine Kicker: “I am very, very happy at Arsenal and have let the club know that I would be ready to sign a new contract. The fans want that I stay and now it is just down to the club.”

Özil, who signed for Arsenal in 2013 after three years at Real Madrid, added that his decision to sign a new contract or not was not money-related: “The club knows that I am here most of all because of Arsène Wenger. He is the one who signed me and he is the one whose trust I have. The club also knows that I want to be clear what the manager is going to [in the future].” Wenger’s contract runs out in 2017.

Özil has been criticised for not signing a new contract by, among others, Thierry Henry, who said that the German international and Alexis Sánchez were “holding the club hostage” with their wage demands.

Özil, however, said he does not care what former players are saying about him as they do not know the full story about what is going on. He said: “Everyone has a right to say what they want but what they have to say doesn’t interest me. Ex-players or other people who have a view don’t know what is actually being said between me and the club.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/08/mesut-ozil-arsenal-contract-arsene-wenger?CMP=share_btn_tw

Well, this is a dilemma Laughing

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun 08 Jan 2017, 20:19

Well, then he's rather stupid.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun 08 Jan 2017, 20:40

Özil is my favourite player in the world but I don't care about keeping him if he is loyal to the manager as opposed to the club.

Same with Alexis if that is how he feels or any player really.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun 08 Jan 2017, 21:39

urbaNRoots wrote:Özil is my favourite player in the world but I don't care about keeping him if he is loyal to the manager as opposed to the club.

Same with Alexis if that is how he feels or any player really.

Thumbs up
Same ,Wenger has to be replaced for the club to move forward
if it means some players would leave with him then so be it
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon 09 Jan 2017, 02:31

Club might use this as a "reason", more like an excuse, to extend Wengers contract. Now it's only Ozil, imagine next is Sanchez, fans will be split for sure.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next