McAgger
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Dante
RealGunner
26 posters

Page 33 of 43 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Freeza Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:59 pm

M99 wrote:Really excited for Leto's Joker. Still not sold on those tattoos. Those grills I do not mind because they are there apparently because Batman knocked his teeth out Proud

Reminds me of if Mark Hamill's Joker had a child with Robert De Niro from Cape Fear tbh.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:29 am

Leto's Joker will have to be extra special to get near Heath Ledger's Joker.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:48 am

I loved Ledger's joker, but I don't think it's impossible to surpass him.

Ledger's strongest suit was his incredible acting.

Leto's joker is far far more closer to the original joker. And judging by the few seconds only in the SS trailer. He has it 100% nailed on to be a fantastic joker.

I am actually excited to see him.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:53 am

Leto is also probably one of the best, if not the best, transformational actor of his generation. He's incredibly method in his acting and lives in every one of his parts. He's Daniel Day Lewis level in chosing his parts this last decade though, like 3 films the last 9 years.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:13 am

My love for Leto stems from 30STM, its amazing to see him shift his career into acting. The only guy to win a grammy and an oscar :bow: (i think)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:41 am

El Shaarawy wrote:My love for Leto stems from 30STM, its amazing to see him shift his career into acting. The only guy to win a grammy and an oscar :bow: (i think)

He was an actor before 30STM hmm

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread - Page 33 Jamiefoxx2_0

There's plenty to win both I think.

There's something called the EGOT award. Emmy, Grammy, Oscar, Tony. Woopie Goldberg got one from what I know.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:27 pm

Any one looking forward to Ant Man? I thing it will have modest numbers on the box office due to the lack of familiarity of the character.... but with that said, i think it will be a sick ass movie.

Upcoming superhero movies that I am looking forward to is:
Black Panther
Dead Pool
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:30 pm

Arsenalfaithfull wrote:Any one looking forward to Ant Man? I thing it will have modest numbers on the box office due to the lack of familiarity of the character.... but with that said, i think it will be a sick ass movie.

Upcoming superhero movies that I am looking forward to is:
Black Panther
Dead Pool

Will prob make $70m domestically opening weekend. No way it's not gonna do great. Worst case scenario it makes "only $400m worldwide.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:32 pm

Yea quite looking forward to Ant Man. Really think it will be a good film. It should do alright in boxoffice since most who watches marvel films will still go out of curiosity if not duty.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:36 pm

Yea that's true. It wont be a flop because of the fact that it will be backed by marvel and all.

Mind you, I said the same thing about Thor. I didnt see Thor doing as well as it did because he wasnt a household name like Spiderman, Capt America or X men.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:46 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:My love for Leto stems from 30STM, its amazing to see him shift his career into acting. The only guy to win a grammy and an oscar :bow: (i think)

Eminem breh
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:57 pm

El Gunner wrote:

Eminem breh

There's hundreds who've done it.

People with all the 4 big ones https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_have_won_Academy,_Emmy,_Grammy,_and_Tony_Awards#Winners_of_all_four_awards
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Didn't know that Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:02 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Didn't know that Laughing

Well, tbf, he's probably one of the few who's done it in acting. I'd think most who's won music and score awards also has got a Grammy or 2, since there's a grammy for everything basically.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:13 pm

If he wins an Emmy and a Tony (which he definitely has the talent to do) he could join a very very very exclusive club that have completely the career EGOT. It's like the Nobel Prize of entertainment ffs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:58 am

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:12 pm

http://www.slashfilm.com/x-men-apocalypse-first-look/

Psylocke looks great.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:34 pm

M99 wrote:http://www.slashfilm.com/x-men-apocalypse-first-look/

Psylocke looks great.

Well that's the least of the worries with Munn, she could pull anything off. Acting, not so-much.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:43 am

Images of Apocalypse have been released:

Spoiler:
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:32 am

LMFAO ARE YOU SERIOUS rofl

IVAN OOZE rofl rofl

(P.S. After watching the MMPR movie a year ago, i can say that it did not age well)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:17 pm

apocalypse looks wack. Why not just make him look like how he does in comics? Kinda disappointing because they did such a great job with Thanos.

PS: You guys a fan of Silver Surfer? Now there is a franchise with huge potential. The relationship involving him and galactus is really complex. It could be done with a futuristic "filmnoir" type of style.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:23 pm

Killer Kroc looked stupid before it was cinematic. Maybe Apocalypse will change once they get some CGI on him. He's not going to look like that in the movie, maybe better, maybe worse. I'll wait until the movie to judge, but it looks weird right now, but that was my thought with a lot of characters. Acting can make up for any look.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:03 pm

Most people I know who've seen Ant man said it belongs in the upper tier of Marvel films.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:14 pm

RealGunner wrote:Most people I know who've seen Ant man said it belongs in the upper tier of Marvel films.

Would love it to be on Guardians and IM1 level.

But what is their thought of tiers? I know some people that claimed IM3 was the best movie of the entire year.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:35 pm

Gonna watch it after Eid. Looks like MCU has another winner judging from both viewers and critic words.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:53 pm

Freeza wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Most people I know who've seen Ant man said it belongs in the upper tier of Marvel films.

Would love it to be on Guardians and IM1 level.

But what is their thought of tiers? I know some people that claimed IM3 was the best movie of the entire year.

GOTG , IM and WS level.

Not yet to hear any bad or even an 'average' feedback. Most have said it's really entertaining and at least an 8/10

Going on Monday or Tuesday
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 43 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38 ... 43  Next