McAgger
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Dante
RealGunner
26 posters

Page 18 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by Ganso Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:45 am

That looks almost as terrible as Ledger did. Got to say I was shocked when I saw that picture lol. We have to see him in action because he gives a retard vibe from that pic, probably because of the teeth.

Just came back from Age of Ultron. I don't know if it was because my expectations were low, but i really liked it. It was overall really fun bar the Hulk/Natasha romance and Ultron. One of the things i hated the most about the first avengers was how Loki was such a weak villain. And here again, the only thing menacing about Ultron was his size. Thanos ,based on the easter egg we get at the start of the movie, will be just as strong as he is in the comics, which will be nice.

The fighting scenes were really satisfying and are a huge improvement. And holy shit, Vision :bow: Easily the best thing about the movie. They used him in a very clever way.

8.5/10

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread

Post by RealGunner Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:52 am

Better than the 1st?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:01 am

As i said earlier in the thread, I thought the first one was meh and pretty much all about that final NYC battle. AoU is a way better all round movie.

so yeah, this one is better and probably my favorite marvel film

also, i said Vision was the best thing about the movie, but I got to correct myself and add Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. That new trio was really good and I felt more connected to them than to any avenger.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:50 am

Why am I getting the feeling they gave him tattoos so he can go shirtless and appease fangirls?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:22 am

Looks like your average punk hard metal fan on his hayday :coffee:
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:12 pm

Face looks great, except that tattoo. Don't know if they're actually intending to use all tattoos, or if that Hahahaha ones are just an homage to The Killing Joke.
He'll wear his suit besically all the time I'd reckon, when he's not in a cell or something.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:58 pm

I still think that This guy would have been the best choice for the joker.

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread - Page 18 Jake-Gyllenhaal-Cast-Man-Who-Made-it-Snow

but for the batman movies.

What I like about this movie and Jared is that they are not using Nolan's joker so they won't ruin that for me. I like it so far.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:00 am

I really hope they don't intend to use the tattoos. Looks 100x better without them.

https://i.imgur.com/dAx0vDQ.jpg

Looks like a MySpace generation Joker.

https://i.imgur.com/gpsKZZ8.jpg

Wonder how he got them hmm

https://41.media.tumblr.com/4bca1e3c3ce76874749718706bc4d5ae/tumblr_nncma79D5g1ql1or9o1_1280.jpg

New pic of Batfleck

https://i.imgur.com/UGMVTEv.png

Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:20 am

Can't tell if its the actual joker or one of joker's goons/admirers
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:11 pm

Like him more with the tattoos tbh
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:03 pm

Some of those tattoos are cringe-worthy ffs.

either way, it doesn't matter much how he looks. It's how he acts. The Joker doesn't really have a super established look as I've seen so many different versions of him.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:59 pm

WOW the new avengers :bow:

Vision ffs :bow:
Scarlet witch <3 :bow:

Watching it on IMAX was insane. Money well spent.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:08 pm

Saw the new avengers movie. Decent movie. 6/10. Nothing extraordinary but not average either. just felt like a stop gap I suppose. Will no doubt rake in some serious cash.

Spoiler:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:30 pm

Agreed with jibers
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:36 pm

You could definitly feel Joss was not feeling well when making it. Was a mess overall imo. Jokes hit a lot though, which is what he's best at.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:13 pm

jibers wrote:Saw the new avengers movie. Decent movie. 6/10. Nothing extraordinary but not average either. just felt like a stop gap I suppose. Will no doubt rake in some serious cash.

Spoiler:

Haven't seen it yet, but it was pretty much always going to be that so no surprise
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:05 pm

jibers wrote:Saw the new avengers movie. Decent movie. 6/10. Nothing extraordinary but not average either. just felt like a stop gap I suppose. Will no doubt rake in some serious cash.

Spoiler:
Yeah me and my friends also felt that it was a stop gap for phase 3/next avengers?

Still loved the movie. Watching it on imax for the first time was a big part of it.

spoiler reply:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:12 pm

https://trello-attachments.s3.amazonaws.com/553e507a23afa34d15b12f71/612x380/686df7fa146977471ee6f20dd064bb47/image.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:16 pm

Can't stand more "it doesn't look like the comic, so it's really bad comments" on all these pictures Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:18 pm

Meanwhile in Honduras,

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread - Page 18 11109568_10153443686561840_5948376413844434444_n
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:15 pm

Actor Daniel Bruhl has confirmed that he will be playing the hooded villain Baron Zemo in Captain America: Civil War.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:26 pm

THANK THE GODS

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/04/26/calm-down-the-joker-will-not-have-tattoos-in-suicide-squad-2887773?lt_source=external,manual
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:34 pm

Don't know how legit that is. But seemed weird to be so meta, unless it was just an homage in honor of Mr. J.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:02 pm

Joss Whedon is beginning to have a bad break-up with the looks of it, while saying positive things about DC.

I would say there's a big chance he'd be directing a DCU movie, any guesses on which, since WW is no chance atm?
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:44 pm

Superman vs. Batman? DC's Real Battle Is How to Create Its Superhero Universe

When Warner Bros. CEO Kevin Tsujihara took the stage at the annual CinemaCon gathering of theater owners April 21, he reiterated what has become the studio's mantra for the next five to seven years: Warners will build its slate around The Lego Movie sequels and offshoots, J.K. Rowling's Fantastic Beasts trilogy and no fewer than 10 movies based on DC Comics characters through 2020.

With the March opening of Zack Snyder's Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice many months off (an ominous teaser trailer debuted to a mixed response April 17 and racked up 47 million YouTube views during its first week), it's obviously too early to know whether Warners can execute a series of interlocking tentpoles based in the DC universe. But with the stakes very high, Wall Street and Hollywood are asking: Can all the cooks in the studio's kitchen create films featuring Batman, Wonder Woman and even Aquaman and the Flash to rival the nearly $7 billion in global box office Disney's Marvel Studios has generated from nine films since 2008, including Iron Man, Thor and Guardians of the Galaxy? Plus, the May 1 release of Avengers: Age of Ultron is sure to bring in another $1 billion.

"Marvel has been an unbelievable platform for Disney to build and foster franchises," says BTIG analyst Richard Greenfield. "The question for Warners is, can they replicate that strategy using DC?" No one doubts the value of the DC intellectual property, but as analyst Michael Nathanson of MoffettNathanson observes, "It's all in the execution."

In the early going, some in Hollywood are questioning whether Warners has acted too much in haste without having fleshed out the world on which so much hinges. Grumbling among talent reps came especially in response to the studio's strategy of hiring five writers to compete for a job on Wonder Woman, which has a June 2017 release date. On Aquaman, set for 2018, sources say Warners commissioned scripts from three writers, one of whom followed the studio's direction only to be told the rules governing the universe had changed and his work no longer was usable. Another writer has been on hold for the film for months as the studio works to define its vision. "They just haven't been thorough about their whole world and how each character fits and how to get the most out of each writer's time by giving them direction," says a rep with knowledge of the process. "Obviously, Marvel's very good at that."

A Warners insider acknowledges that the studio's approach on Wonder Woman, set to star Gal Gadot (who will be introduced in Batman v. Superman), has been "unorthodox," but he says Warners is developing its own "filmmaker-driven" strategy in contrast with Marvel, which generally is ruled by producer Kevin Feige and which has hired such untested directors as Joss Whedon (The Avengers), Joe and Anthony Russo (Captain America: The Winter Soldier and two planned Avengers movies) and James Gunn (Guardians). Further, he says Warners has great confidence in its intellectual property, as do even those outsiders who have questioned the studio's actions.

In October, Warners trotted out Snyder, 49, and Batman v. Superman stars Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill at a dinner for analysts in New York before the company's investor-day conference. Snyder presented his vision for the film, and Nathanson says he found it "very impressive." The following day, Tsujihara laid out his plan that resembles the silo approach that has worked so well for Disney with its Marvel, Pixar and Disney Studios brands and with Star Wars movies to come from Lucasfilm.

But exactly who is in charge of the DC universe remains blurry. Snyder, now finishing Batman v. Superman, is a key player, along with his wife, Debbie. Also in the mix are producer Charles Roven and a team of Warners executives, including president of creative development and worldwide production Greg Silverman and executive vp Jon Berg as well as DC Entertainment president Diane Nelson and DC chief creative officer Geoff Johns. In addition, various filmmakers will over.see individual movies, with Fury director David Ayer said to be given broad creative control over next summer's hero team-up film Suicide Squad.

Without a single guiding force like the 41-year-old Feige, sources say Warners has leaned on Snyder to help play out the parameters for other DC movies. Snyder laid the groundwork for the new universe with 2013's Superman reboot Man of Steel ($668 million worldwide), produced with previous Batman director Christopher Nolan, who no longer is involved in any.thing DC-related beyond an executive producer credit on Batman v Superman. But Snyder has been busy with Batman v. Superman, which has a budget said to be well more than $200 million. "You can't just give it to a filmmaker," says a Marvel insider. "You have to give it to someone who has an institutional knowledge of these characters."

On Wonder Woman, Warners hired five writers not to work together but to compete. Each was given a treatment and asked to write a first act. Based on those efforts, the studio winnowed the number to two: Jason Fuchs (Pan) and another writer whose name the studio declines to reveal. A source not involved in the films but with close ties to the studio says the process on Wonder Woman "felt like they were throwing shit against the wall to see what stuck."

Before the five writers were brought aboard, sources say Roven asked Kelly Marcel (Fifty Shades of Grey, Saving Mr. Banks) to work on the script, though a Warners insider says she was never officially hired. Sources say she decided not to proceed based on her concern about the number of players who were involved — particularly when Warners hired director Michelle MacLaren, whose vision contrasted sharply with Marcel's. MacLaren subsequently left the project and was replaced quickly by Patty Jenkins, who, ironically, had been dropped by Marvel on Thor: The Dark World after being heralded as the studio's first female director.

Warners has had several writers pen scripts for Aquaman, set to star Jason Momoa, who will feature in November 2017's Justice League movie. Those writers include Will Beall, Jeff Nichols and Kurt Johnstad, who now is on hold until the studio is ready to proceed. Warners' Silverman will say only that "we're on track to deliver a slate of films that will delight audiences everywhere thanks to the efforts of the many exceptionally talented people invested in the success of this universe." But Nathanson is prepared to wait and see how the films turn out. "Embedded in my earnings forecast [for Time Warner] is some estimate of success for DC, but I would say we're conservative in our outlook," he says. "I'm not giving anyone credit for a movie until we see the product."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/superman-batman-dcs-real-battle-792190
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:55 pm

Well tbh, Feige's job can't really be that hard, there was no story in Avengers at all that was connected. Only like 3 jokes about random stuff and a romance that came out of nowhere.
The throw shit at the wall comment is ridiculous. There can be a lot of writers on a project, it's not like they have to use those 5 or pieces from them. Joss Whedon has basically written on a bunch on Marvel films without getting credits. So many people do re-writes without getting credit.
If everyone adding to the story got writing credits it would probably have like 29 writing credits like The Lion King has.

WB needs to find a creative head, but not like it has to be as hard as that article makes it out to be.

People really just needs to relax and let us actually let them worry about THEIR films in peace, until we have seen some films from the universe, from the new management.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 43 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 30 ... 43  Next