Shed
rwo power
Donuts
fatman123
Art Morte
70 posters

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:12 pm

I'll email them MT.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Are you happy with GL's activity? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you happy with GL's activity?

Post by Onyx Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:18 pm

No need to email rg. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:21 pm

RealGunner wrote:Everyone in GL know each other. Even if someone new joins, they get integrated very quickly. If 200 joins in a week, then that would be impossible. Honestly we are happy with how the forum is. I don't think GL will ever be dead. This forum often reminds me of how skype, facebook, twitter operates. People will all be here as long as their friends are here. It's a closely knit community and that lasts for quite a while.

I am really happy people see it the same way.

Damn. Is someone chopping onions in the next room or something ffsAre you happy with GL's activity? - Page 2 T2365
-

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:24 pm

RealGunner wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Lex wrote:A lot of it is also down to personal circumstances and responsibilities. Two years ago, I would spend HOURS on here, from the moment I woke up to the moment i went to sleep, almost everyday. Now, I have a son to look after and have more hours at work to fulfill, so my time on here has been severely curtailed to the odd couple of minutes whenever I can
I think this is what is going on - the current userbase is becoming older and thus has more responsibilities and less time to post. Without a steady inflow of new posters activity drops. That being said there are new users that find their way here, many of them very good, just not enough to make up for the decline in posting.

Yep Most of it is down to this.

I mentioned this in the liverpool section and I'll say it for the mass in here. The activity is normally pretty low during the start of the new academic year. Always has been, but this year it is far worse than normal. And most of it is down to the reason BC and Lex mentioned.

2 years ago, people were either in early higher education or were not working full time. There is a lot more time to spend in those situation. But then people started working full time or are in their final years so the time constraints is higher. It's not like people have left. 400+ people have signed-in in the last 4 days but only 50 posted. Those who are busy have resorted to just lurking but they are still here. For example Moto and Lex were on every day but both became parents and have extra responsibilities. So we know that the activity isn't as high as it used to be but it's really understandable why it isn't. And there is nothing to do about that. Obviously this doesn't apply to me since I consider this as my 2nd home hmm

As an Admin, I can now say that we predicted this about a year ago or before. There was a time where we had to decide between taking this forum into the category of redcafe, rawk etc or we can just be happy with what we have. I think reading the posts in here, most would say that the latter was and still is a better option. Everyone in GL know each other. Even if someone new joins, they get integrated very quickly. If 200 joins in a week, then that would be impossible. Honestly we are happy with how the forum is. I don't think GL will ever be dead. This forum often reminds me of how skype, facebook, twitter operates. People will all be here as long as their friends are here. It's a closely knit community and that lasts for quite a while.

I am really happy people see it the same way.

Proud
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:23 pm

I agree with what's being said . Tbh , i am not even a fan of forums in general , this is the only forum i've ever signed up to stay , had it not been for this atmosphere and chronical familiarity the users share between them , i'd have left long ago. Even when i signed up on the old goal forums , i think with a lot more activity than now , there still was this sense of things , hence why it continues till now .

For instance , i never even once concidered joining up at the Red & Black Milan forums , neither pre or after goalforums-GL , cause it lacks 'this' . And besides , being so biased as to only talk with 'my kind' for just Milan , isn't my cup of tea . There's a pool of different elements here and it colours the place , it makes it unique. And frankly , i think such a background leads to better and proper discussions , when it comes to that , and also allows for joke and banter and other things which you wouldn't talk about in a forum which has posters coming and going each day , e.t.c .

As to new posters , i am not the one to say what should , but maybe , try and find out why previous posters have left the forums . For what reasons. Sure we grow up and thus we have less time to participate like before , but then again , most of us still post here and there , when we can . The posters who left however , why did they leave?

There will be times there's less , or more activity , i'd say it's normal . As for the activity in our section , it's certainly not what it used to be , but there's activity still . What worries me is that even when new posters showed up , they never stayed . I guess us the older users are to be blamed for this , in part ? I am not sure , but they did not stay and i haven't seen anyone new in a long time now . I think the newest Milan regular fan has been El Shaarawy? And he's here 2 years now or something Laughing .

What's worse is that many of the older posters have left ,  at best a couple will post once in months . And this is what bugs me , i can understand limitations , but total absence ?? There has to be a common factor , because we were a lot in the Milan section once . Each and every game we talked pre and post it had entire pages of different posters talking about it , now we might just be 4-5 dudes talking about how Muntari and Bonera suck Laughing

I think it's also our responsibility , the posters , to help newcomers feel at home and welcomed , but also in whatever ways we can , bring them too . It's not just about the admins , or the forums . A democracy goes both ways , we both have to invest ourselves into it , in order to enjoy the goods of it , not just wait from the politicians . In the same analogy , we shouldn't just expect improvements from the admins or the nature of the forum , we should actively help bring newcomers and help them have the same experience and in the mean time , improve the every day life of the forum and also our own experience with it .

I suppose if the forum has been less active , or stale lately , apart from outside factors which may prevent the same kind of continuous activity , it may also be because us the permanent users have been idle on some things .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:40 pm

@Dante
about Milan  , I think the  actual bad Milan period  doesn't tempt some posters about writing.
If Milan will be back I think we will see some Milan posters back or new Milan posters.
Same thing for Inter fans . I logged just year ago and I am a regular poster now . I see there are very few Interisti while if I search old discussions I watch a good number of Inter posters don't write anymore. The results don't give strenght. Basically it is always so (also because a poster tends to write expecially about his club )
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:55 pm

I was aware of this when i made the post , let me just say both set of posters never left just because Milan and Inter suck now ; i think it's for other reasons as well. Sure , some of them might have because they were deeply dissapointed and didn't want to talk about how or why we fail. Or idk what really.

But some others would never just neglect the forums because of the fortunes of their clubs. I personaly joined in 08-09 , not a particularly great season either for Milan Laughing .

In any case , i understand what you're saying , i just think it's more complicated that that. Those of us who stay and post aren't any more dedicated to our clubs , or whatever. We simply still post because we enjoy the forums. Those who left and those who don't sign in , or sign up , these aren't staying away just because the teams suck. There must be more than that.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:03 pm

TBH about the Milan situation what do you write after seeing the same problems for the past 2 years?

We complain about the same things ever since Ibra and Silva were sold. And its not like anything new or interesting is happening to our club.

The only time there has ever been a lot of discussion in the Milan section was when Seedorf and Inzaghi were hired. A lot of people posted in there first few weeks, but then stopped. In the end like Dante said, how many times are you going to blame Bonera and Muntari?

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:07 pm

Agree completely with the consensus here.

We should also consider that those who we do classify as new posters are usually lurkers first and foremost for quite a bit of time before taking the plunge and joining the community proper so they know our banter well enough no to be confused or feel excluded by it.

As far as posters go, we have exactly who we need here to keep this place running, the activity will always go up and down as we all have lives after all. That's natural.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:30 pm

football is a competition and live in rivalries, dismissing that and trying to make it as its conversation about math or some other boring stuff kills the forum. don't get me wrong i'm not in favor of trolling but other than vulgarity and profanity, racism and personal attack the rest cant be called as trolling. that i think sorta killed this forum
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:43 pm

Well, I read everything and thought I just might add what I really think about this.

GL (you guys) have been a part of me since a very young age. I signed up back in the lithium forum, and stuck through ever since. And this is the only forum (well maybe group of footballing posters is a more accurate description, knowing we have travelled a few times Very Happy ) but anyway, as I was saying this is the only forum I have been a part of in my life and I certainly never for once even considered looking up another one and I don't intend on doing so in the future either.

Looking at my post count, I'm not as active as some of you, and I'm the youngest here so you could say I don't have as much as real-life responsibility as you guys, so then why the average post count? Well, I don't know maybe not being stuck on here for hours a day can also be a good thing?? Razz And I know for sure there will be times in the future where my activity will be even more limited and I won't be able to post, not even lurk, but I think I will always come back no matter what. Because it's God's-certainty that I won't ever forget this forum and how you guys helped shaped my football knowledge. And not only that, but other things in life as well. Sometimes I find myself more active in the off-topic section. So this is coming from inside of me when I say this (I'm expressing me feeeeeelings rofl Arq *wink, wink*), I really wouldn't like to see this forum die out. And for that not to happen, I certainly think that an influx of fresh blood will go a long way in helping this forum.
A mainstream forum over what we currently have? Hell no!!! But just a good, fair amount of new people can't do us any harm I say.

So if this counts for something, I say let's go for advertising and whatever so we can bring in a few more people.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:47 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Having the same group of users for 3 years, with the same gimmicks and traits eventually gets stale. It just gets repetitive discussing the same things in the same way year after year. It's not just down to regular users being busy. One of the biggest problems with GL is there's no serious debates. People just don't want to disagree with each other. How many of the top 10-20 posters actually debate with each other in serious way on here?

Best way to improve would be try and get an influx of new users to freshen things up. Make things more serious and maybe start a new section where people can follow smaller teams and discuss the players etc.

But MT your a top 10-20 poster and id rather poke my eyes out then debate you on any consistent basis.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:51 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Having the same group of users for 3 years, with the same gimmicks and traits eventually gets stale. It just gets repetitive discussing the same things in the same way year after year. It's not just down to regular users being busy. One of the biggest problems with GL is there's no serious debates. People just don't want to disagree with each other. How many of the top 10-20 posters actually debate with each other in serious way on here?

Best way to improve would be try and get an influx of new users to freshen things up. Make things more serious and maybe start a new section where people can follow smaller teams and discuss the players etc.

But MT your a top 10-20 poster and id rather poke my eyes out then debate you on any consistent basis.

ive been checking this forum and i honestly don't know what positive comes from your comments sir. if not anything your ego kills any debate whatsoever
if you think you are too good for this forum why are you wasting ur time here ?
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:57 pm

Calm down my friend. It wasnt serious.

Its half true, I dont want to debate MT...but its not a big deal. Settle down lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:00 pm

i thought football fourm is to make debates and discuss about football, what you just said is like going to library and say i have no intention to read any books
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:04 pm

I debate alot of people on here...you probably need to recognise a little who im talking to.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:08 pm

Laughing
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:09 pm

Dani just afraid getting schooled by MT again hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:11 pm

Still remember when Mt schooled dani
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:12 pm

well i have no intention to make pointless argument with someone on net i dont know but that comment wasnt only for this, it was the general impression i got from ur comment, it doesn't bother me but the attitude of i know all you know nothing doesn't help the forum IMO. of course you agree with yourself as for anyone would but that's not the point of any debate
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:20 pm

I like all the touchy, feely, we are a romantic community caring for each other etc etc crap but I, for one, absolutely hate every single one of you. If it wasn't for this forum being my only chance of getting with Sepi's sister I would have left a long time ago.

Comprende? :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Ffs still remember those inside forward/winger debates. Proud

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:29 pm

ffs we need a GL archive thread, where new members can see GL's highlights throughout the years, Dani v mt, the Burger King thread, Ibra and Silva's transfer to PSG etc etc
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:08 am

No.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:09 am

https://i.imgur.com/9Zv4V.gif
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:11 am

RedOranje wrote:No.

No to being happy about with GL's activity or no to the archive idea?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next