Valkyrja
Cyborg
guest7
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Carlo's quest to restore balance Empty Carlo's quest to restore balance

Post by guest7 Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:44 pm

Pretty obvious that Madrid is lacking balance atm in the middle, but like every season when Perez f*cks up, we eventually find a way to restore that balance in some way or another.

What is your solutions guys? My personal opinion is to bring back Coentrao to the middle. Defensively he works and will cover CR just aswell, problem is we are still missing a final ball killer.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Carlo's quest to restore balance Empty Re: Carlo's quest to restore balance

Post by Cyborg Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:13 pm

i saw that 'coentrao as a midfielder' solution in a marca editorial today.

does madrid have a youth team? why not try to pull some talent from there? rather than playing people out of position.

is it that none of those guys are talented enough?

forget the fact that they are young. when young player play top football it's a plus and it makes them mature and develop faster.

what happened to jose rodriguez, he was once on the brink of first team football.

use the talent at your disposal madrid. what's the point of youth teams then?
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:57 pm

Cyborg wrote:i saw that 'coentrao as a midfielder' solution in a marca editorial today.

does madrid have a youth team? why not try to pull some talent from there? rather than playing people out of position.

is it that none of those guys are talented enough?

forget the fact that they are young. when young player play top football it's a plus and it makes them mature and develop faster.

what happened to jose rodriguez, he was once on the brink of first team football.

use the talent at your disposal madrid. what's the point of youth teams then?

J-Rod is on loan (at Deportivo(?))
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:25 pm

i know he's on loan at depor. i was using him as an example of the way madrid use there youth team to complement or add to their first team set up.

the players are there but are wasted.

when a player's progression isnt done properly, no matter how talented they are they will fail.

jese was lucky that he was taken out of the youth team. if he spent another season there he would not have been the player he is today.

i dont know who monitors these players but there is suppose to be a natural progression to the first team for these player or at least on loan to a team that can help them improve eg. carvajal to leverkusen.

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:49 pm

i'd rather have coentrao play his position at left back than in midfield. Mainly because, playing coentrao in midfield means marcelo starts at left back; marcelo and coentrao starting together is too risky considering the issues both player have with injury, it hampers squad depth....hell sometimes they both get injured without even playing.

i'd rather coentrao at left back, marcelo on the bench, so at least if one gets injured, the other can come in...having both of them start, the chances of those two glass men getting injured in similar periods is very realistic....i know arbeloa can play back up as a left back to marcelo, but then it shrinks the squad from carvajal's side, in case he's having a bad day

coentrao and marcelo playing 90 mins together is just too risky, put another body in midfield, let coentrao play as left back and marcelo on the bench.....i hear carlo's also contemplating bale as a central midfielder, i really don't know what we're doing right now....just hope next season we don't sell another key piece and start all over again
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:09 pm

I think Khedira has become more important with the departure of Alonso and Di maria. He is the only one that can offer something different. He has the energy and physical presence in midfield. But I can't see him starting unless James gets benched. Same with Isco. Isco was the most impressive midfielder against Sociedad IMO. The one who tried to do Di maria's job and Alonso's job. But it's difficult for him since he rarely ever played there.

--------Kroos-------
--Khedira------Modric

----------Kroos-------
--Modric---------Isco

those two offers balance but could be lacking creativty.

----Kroos-----Modric----
----------James----------

That midfield is more attacking but it will be useless against counters.

Coentrao has to start at LB as well. Specially in away or important games. We have all seen that Marcelo is either better coming late on or when he plays games which are against parked teams. Coentrao is just better than him and far more secure defensively.

I am sure Carlo will find the best balance but I can't see Madrid win the league this year either. Cups could be possible.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:21 pm

RealGunner wrote:I think Khedira has become more important with the departure of Alonso and Di maria. He is the only one that can offer something different. He has the energy and physical presence in midfield. But I can't see him starting unless James gets benched. Same with Isco. Isco was the most impressive midfielder against Sociedad IMO. The one who tried to do Di maria's job and Alonso's job. But it's difficult for him since he rarely ever played there.

--------Kroos-------
--Khedira------Modric

----------Kroos-------
--Modric---------Isco

those two offers balance but could be lacking creativty.

----Kroos-----Modric----
----------James----------

That midfield is more attacking but it will be useless against counters.

Coentrao has to start at LB as well. Specially in away or important games. We have all seen that Marcelo is either better coming late on or when he plays games which are against parked teams. Coentrao is just better than him and far more secure defensively.

I am sure Carlo will find the best balance but I can't see Madrid win the league this year either. Cups could be possible.

I feel the same way about khedira, i don't get why other madridistas don't seem to like him. his job isn't to be flashy or string passes together, its to do the dirty work....but he's out for six weeks i think, so yeah, that's kinda out of the question
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:24 pm

Oh shit. didn't know that.

Illarramendi? He could be out of form and out of confidence but he is more defensive than the other players.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:48 pm

Illarra as a DM/DLP was great whenever he played. he deserves his chance. who has to be benched atm is modric. was pathetic for months but Carlo loves him
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:02 pm

The solution is simple tbh. Pepe as DM, Varane at CB.

Ronaldo Benzema Bale
Hames Kroos
Pepe
Coentrao Ramos Varane Carvajal
Keylor

Let's see when Carlo will figure it out.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Fußball wrote:The solution is simple tbh. Pepe as DM, Varane at CB.

Ronaldo Benzema Bale
Hames Kroos
Pepe
Keylor

two problems with that, first of all, what happens to modric? is james a better option in central mid than modric? i highly doubt he is. secondly, who covers for ramos and varane, in case one gets injured (varane) or one gets suspended (ramos)...i don't mind a varane ramos combo or varane pepe combo in defense, since it means we have at least one reasonable defender on the bench...but all 3 playing together is risky, it'll mean relying on nacho as the sole back up center back
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:38 pm

titosantill wrote:
Fußball wrote:The solution is simple tbh. Pepe as DM, Varane at CB.

Ronaldo Benzema Bale
Hames Kroos
Pepe
Keylor

two problems with that, first of all, what happens to modric? is james a better option in central mid than modric? i highly doubt he is.

Well, one of Kroos, Modric, James has to be benched, no? There is no way around it. There needs to be a defensive body in midfield. I mean it's the purpose of this thread, right? Otherwise you play all 3 of them and it's basically the Real Sociedad lineup. So at whose expense could that be? The new high profile guys Hames and Kroos? Ronaldo? Bale? Unlikely. So unless Benzema gets benched and either Ronaldo moves to the center or Hames plays as a false 9 (Laughing) the only logical option is leaving Modric out for a defensive body. Mind you, "logical" in terms of what Perez will dictate (which means Ronaldo, Bale, Hames must be in the lineup), not in terms of what is the best for the team. If we want to talk about normal logic then Hames and Kroos shouldn't have been bought to begin with as they don't complement Modric. 1 of Kroos/Hames + Luiz Gustavo would have made more sense for example.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:41 pm

Pepe at CB only worked twice and both against Barca. Don't think he should play there, he is very reckless, is not smart and isn't very good under pressure. If I'd try anyone there it'd be Varane who possesses what is required to play there but then we would have the depth problem again like Tito mentioned

I don't understand why Carlo does not trust Illarra, give the kid a chance in his preferred position for once ffs

ATM a midfield three of Modric-Illarra-Kroos is our best midfield on paper, of course they are all very slow, static but all of them are defensively competent and are very good at circulating the ball between both wings so it's worth a try. They are NOT I repeat NOT creative so I don't wanna hear people moan about it when we look dull offensively, that job is for our wingers and forward not theirs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:50 pm

Modric isn't that slow. But I agree that midfield is still too static.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:09 pm

As long as we look good defensively I couldn't care less if they are static
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:24 pm

the modric illara kroos combo I don't mind....as a matter of fact, imo its our realistic option now that still looks a little safe and doesn't have anyone playing out of position.....i'm sure carlo knows this, but as many have probably guessed, the headache that carlo's getting is; if he plays those 3 in the middle of the park, who will be the front 3? carlo's reasoning is that ronaldo bale james benzema, all have to play.....whether he likes it or not...smh, lol @ how one signing can cause a massive migraine for the coach's formation
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:34 pm

Carlo called James "one for the future" I think he will sing that excuse when the media asks him why James isn't playing more. Bale LCM and James RW is James' last chance of staying in the starting line up because if that doesn't work I am sure Carlo would have no problems benching him. Midfield is the most important thing for Carlo because if he can get that right everything else will fall into place
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:28 pm

ramos at dm. since he out of pose easily and like to join in attack.

pepe-varane partnership would looks better
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:11 am

The problem I have when people always talk about putting CB's who have attacking instincts (Ramos, Pique, Pepe, Luiz) at holding midfield is they often neglect/no aware of the fact they actually dont have the composure to play the position.

Yes, they can often dribble and make long passes. But short passes they often fail with, not because they cant, but because they arent used to having to make them under the pressure a holding midfield may have to face. Every time I seen one of these guys (Pepe, Luiz) play the position they give away the ball because they try to dribble more than pass (Luiz) or they get flustered under pressure and hoof/pass with too much power/inaccurate (Pepe).

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:34 am

Well, Ramos has the skills imo to play DM, but his problem is his brain.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:11 am

The Franchise wrote:The problem I have when people always talk about putting CB's who have attacking instincts (Ramos, Pique, Pepe, Luiz) at holding midfield is they often neglect/no aware of the fact they actually dont have the composure to play the position.

Yes, they can often dribble and make long passes. But short passes they often fail with, not because they cant, but because they arent used to having to make them under the pressure a holding midfield may have to face. Every time I seen one of these guys (Pepe, Luiz) play the position they give away the ball because they try to dribble more than pass (Luiz) or they get flustered under pressure and hoof/pass with too much power/inaccurate (Pepe).

agree 100 percent, just because you have experience playing as a cb and move forward on occasion does not mean u possess the composure to play holding midfield....same as just because the defensive midfielder makes tackles doesn't mean he can automatically play center back

one of the reasons some center backs score more than others or roam forward more than others is simply because they are not marked tightly....they make overlapping runs or score headers and a shot here and there; but that style is based on stealth, making a run when your attacking teammates are marked.....now in defensive mid, they'll be tasked with doing the dirty job which they have experience with, but occasionally act as an outlet for the central mid's who will be tasked with linking up play

problem they'll face is having to cope with being pressed in such situations, its no longer a stealth scenario but one where the opponents defensive mid is pressing your defensive midfilder....and as we see from a lot of center backs, when pressed the first thing they do is hoof the ball out, and fans start complaining....a cb can hoof out no problem, but for a defensive mid he should at least be able to make a safe pass, nothing fancy, just a short pass either to the defense or the other central mid....not many cb have the calm to carry that out

you also need to be more of a marker than a tackler in defensive mid, have the ability to press opponents without necessarily fouling, force them to make poor decisions, in this respect i don't think ramos and pepe have mastered that art just yet
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:37 am

just play illarra and pass on the gimmicks, we already bleeped up with di maria b2b, that ain't happening again lets be real Laughing, and brought in the wrong replacement lets be honest as well Smile, b2b is clearly a key part of our midfield, and we got a AM to play outta position for 90 mil..... rofl classic stuff, ah flo Proud, at least the fanboys buy into to it, cause "the best gotta play for madrid" derp speeches Laughing....applauding him for destroying the best midfield in europe, to be panicking 2 games into the season gotta love galacticos right? rofl... priceless Sad

anyway illarra at cdm he will boss in due time, modric cm doing whatever he does, kroos picks the final passes while linking the play, non of that cb/dm stuff we all know its gonna fail, and its gonna look comical when you have a player, that good enough on your bench... come on carlo really? you doing mou's one liners now? really?

seriously just play the natural midfielders, and get something solid going as quickly as possible, instead wasting games and points with bs, isco or james one has to be benched, we all know c.r.e.a.m plays, and when cr gets back both are gonna be benched anyway, sucks but that how its gonna work out, that if common sense is applied quickly
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:14 pm

Remember, remember! The fifth of November, The Gunpowder treason and plot; I know of no reason Why the Gunpowder treason Should ever be forgot!

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:18 pm

Rumours of Carlo playing Bale in midfield hurts my soul lol

Anyway we better win against Atleti this weekend. If I have to watch Simione, Raul Garcia and Mandzukic celebrate at the Bernabeu I'm going to be PISSED.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:42 am

Rumors that Bale in the midfield or a CB in the midfield a hurts my soul too

I can only imagine what it would do to Illara. Coach has zero faith in him.

And I'm all for giving him another shot. It's not that he's bad but he's really gotta step up his game.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next