EL Patron
RedMamba
RealGunner
Raptorgunner
Jay29
51 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 26 Aug 2014, 19:53

you're not 'screwed', you're just short a striker.
I understand your frustrations about certain gaps that never seem to be closed, but else you're looking good and did some good business already.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 26 Aug 2014, 19:59

Hapless_Hans wrote:you're not 'screwed', you're just short a striker.
I understand your frustrations about certain gaps that never seem to be closed, but else you're looking good and did some good business already.

Ospina, Debuchy, Sanchez and Chambers have all been great signing but they are only replacement.

We really need a DM and striker, we could do with out a CB for now imo. We have been short a DM and striker for past few years and still not adding anyone.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 26 Aug 2014, 20:03

I agree with Rapz. Unless we're extremely unlucky and Per and Kos get injured at the same time, I think we'll be OK at CB.
A real legit goalscoring striker and a DM is what we really need!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 26 Aug 2014, 20:07

Whats more frustrating than anything is when Wenger brings up the striker situation he says we have Sanogo coming back. Who the hell is Sanogo? what has he done other than being injured every other day? we had some of the greatest strike force in history, what the hell is Sanogo going to do?

I am sorry that I am picking on Sanogo, I hope one day he becomes a Arsenal legend but for now Wenger is a mad man.

Sunday – Podolski off to Wolfsburg. Wenger $$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Monday – Giroud out for 3 months.  Wenger Mad  Mad  Mad
Tuesday – Wenger – “Podolski is staying at Arsenal”  Wenger Heart
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue 26 Aug 2014, 20:22

Raptorgunner wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:you're not 'screwed', you're just short a striker.

Ospina, Debuchy, Sanchez and Chambers have all been great signing but they are only replacement.

We really need a DM and striker, we could do with out a CB for now imo. We have been short a DM and striker for past few years and still not adding anyone.

Who did Sanchez replace?

Sanchez and Campbell have come in as additions.

Ospina, Debuchy and Chambers can be considered replacements.

No one said our business was done, Wenger's said just the opposite so I don't understand what the panic is about. I would if the deadline had passed lol.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue 26 Aug 2014, 20:28

Raptorgunner wrote:Whats more frustrating than anything is when Wenger brings up the striker situating he says we have Sanogo coming back. Who the hell is Sanogo? what has he done other than being injured every other day? we had some of the greatest strike force in history, what the hell is Sanogo going to do?

I am sorry that I am picking on Sanogo, I hope one day he becomes a Arsenal legend but for now Wenger is a mad man.

You are picking on Sanogo now, Campbell will be next :coffee:
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 26 Aug 2014, 20:35

Sanchez was suppose to be replacement for Podolski leaving but Giroud got injured.

We have basically the same amount of players as last year except half of them are injured already! So much for bolstering the squad.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 26 Aug 2014, 20:36

Joel was Podolski's replacement. Sanchez was an additional signing.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue 26 Aug 2014, 20:53

FFS RG I need to watch that match in which Brock won the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. He looks boss in that pic.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue 26 Aug 2014, 21:15

tbh, we havent addressed our priorities this window..
at the end of last season what we needed was a CF and DM.. GK and RB as situation warrants..

Debuchy for Sagna and Ospina for Fabianski were very good deals..
not sure whether you consider Alexis as a CF.. i see him more as the direct dribbler winger who we needed to add to our attack..
DM.. will we ever get one ?

and with Giroud and Arteta injured now, may be it is just an reminder for Wenger to learn from last seasons mistake..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue 26 Aug 2014, 21:37

Yes, Campbell would have most likely taken Podolski's spot with Gnabry thereby guaranteed more time as he'd be competing with someone with less experience than Poldi.

But as it stands, we have two additions.

And I wouldn't scoff at our replacements just because players have departed. They're all younger than the players they replaced. Chambers has a much higher ceiling than Vermaelen and Debuchy is in his prime while Sagna is on the decline.

Ospina will also give Shez more competition than Fabianski.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 26 Aug 2014, 21:43

I could imagine now that you didn't sign Manolas (who probably didn't like the idea of being 3rd/4th choice CB) you might get a DM that can play CB. That really should suffice on that front imo.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue 26 Aug 2014, 22:02

cant believe manolas rejected us NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO he was perfect Sad
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 26 Aug 2014, 22:04

Roma was better for him in everyway tbh.

Hope our backup is Howedes
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue 26 Aug 2014, 22:09

Assurances of regular first team football likely made the difference in the end. Roma is a very good club to be at right now, too.

Six days to go and three players needed. Can't see it, somehow. Think we'll see one come in and that'll be it. I hope it's a centre back as at least we can play Chambers in midfield.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Tue 26 Aug 2014, 22:18; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue 26 Aug 2014, 22:16

Hope it's William Carvalho still. Chambers has proven reliable at CB, albeit in a short amount of time to judge him on.

I don't think a ST is out of the question but would prefer we sort the DM issue first. I don't know how confident I'd be of putting Chambers in midfield and switching him around too much, he's said he's enjoying CB.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue 26 Aug 2014, 22:51

Gustavo agent says player is staying with Wolfsburg.
Khedira staying at Real Madrid says Ancelotti.

Carvalho or nobody?
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 26 Aug 2014, 22:52

Most likely Carvalho
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue 26 Aug 2014, 22:54

Most likely nobody. Mad

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue 26 Aug 2014, 22:57

I am confident of 2 players coming in. Won't give up faith till the last minute Molenation
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 26 Aug 2014, 22:58

If it's one player we sign, I hope it's a striker. It's most important that we don't let Sanogo start games for 3 months, a defensive midfielder or backup centre won't win us games if we have someone like Sanogo start games for us.

If it's two players, striker and DM. Chambers can cover well enough as CB, better than Vermaelen ever did and we rarely needed him.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue 26 Aug 2014, 23:00

Are you linked with any striker?
Which striker could it be?

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue 26 Aug 2014, 23:04

Does it really matter who? We could sign Shola Ameobi and call it an improvement Laughing

But yeah, we're not linked to many strikers because it will not happen, just wishful thinking from my part. Especially now that (apparently) Podolski is staying.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue 26 Aug 2014, 23:09

Two names that have come up since Giroud's injury have been Remy - £8mil clause, easy to get if we want him - and Welbeck, who's been allegedly told he can leave United. Eto'o's name came up, too, but he's signed for Everton.

Oh, and Falcao and Cavani, too. Don't know who they are, though.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue 26 Aug 2014, 23:19

GoonerJay29 wrote:Most likely nobody. Mad

I agree but am still hoping for a CF. I just don't think that Wenger sees a need for a DM in the modern game. Hasn't he even said that before?

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue 26 Aug 2014, 23:33

I'm not sure he's said that but he's said, when directly asked if he'd sign a DM: "I'm not against that."
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next