Are the current Chelsea team the strongest Title Contenders ever in PL history?

+42
RED
Dnmac4
Sri
Doc
Shed
CBarca
Nishankly
Art Morte
Curtinho
DeletedUser#1
boyzis
The Franchise
Glory
BORUSSIA!!
iftikhar
TalkingReckless
Blue Barrett
Red Alert
windkick
lszanto
nadinkrah
BarrileteCosmico
B-Mac
VendettaRed07
Gil
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Eman
LeBéninois
Tomwin Lannister
Robespierre
sportsczy
El Gunner
Onyx
chad4401
Jay29
Abramovich
httredskins47
Mr Nick09
Hapless_Hans
McAgger
Freeza
RealGunner
46 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Best Squad ever in the history?

Are the current Chelsea team the strongest Title Contenders ever in PL history? - Page 4 Vote_lcap30%Are the current Chelsea team the strongest Title Contenders ever in PL history? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 10 ]
Are the current Chelsea team the strongest Title Contenders ever in PL history? - Page 4 Vote_lcap70%Are the current Chelsea team the strongest Title Contenders ever in PL history? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 23 ]

Total Votes : 33

Are the current Chelsea team the strongest Title Contenders ever in PL history? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are the current Chelsea team the strongest Title Contenders ever in PL history?

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:30 pm

Can't believe you lot actually started this thread at THIS time. Unbelievable.

Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Are the current Chelsea team the strongest Title Contenders ever in PL history? - Page 4 Empty Re: Are the current Chelsea team the strongest Title Contenders ever in PL history?

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:41 pm

I thought Costa was overrated and just looked good because he was scoring against La Liga scrubs?

Now he forms the spearhead to the greatest EPL side of all time.

The amount of flip flopping on here is just stupid.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:50 pm

boyzis wrote:
Gil wrote:RG is saying it tongue in cheek but I'd say Fabregas, Matic, Terry, Courtois, Cech, Filipe Luis, Costa & Hazard are all World Class. Azpi is on the cusp of it as well.

Fabregas : Couldn't get through spain line up, injury record ?
Matic: still has alot to prove at top level. Not a special player nor is he world class
Terry: pensioner
Cuortis: 1 season wonder in a Defensive minded team last year
Felipe luis: cnt get into spain team, concentration problems and one decent season he played last year
Costa: designated penalty taker and one season player last year
Hazard: failed at the world cup out of form poor decision making

These imo are not world class players

Jesus, Filipe Luis is not Spanish.

Where you found out about his concentration problems is interesting and really unfounded and since last season was the only time you ever paid attention to him doesn't mean it was his only good season.

The man has been very very good for years now.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Oh let boyzis be Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:34 pm

sportsczy wrote:Not with NT Dani...  Koscielny had 3 monstrous brainfarts in WC qualifying:  pk v Spain with that dumb lunge on Pedro, brainfart defending all game against Georgia and then the meltdown in leg 1 of playoff against Ukraine where he got a red because he lost his nerve.  That's too many huge mistakes that were all very avoidable.  Sakho has played much better than him for NT...

As far as Mangala...  too new and unproven on the big stage for Deschamps to take a risk on him for this last WC.  Wouldn't be surprised if he started next to Varane if he does well at City.  Sakho is benched and that's not going to fly for NT.  Koscielny's age is working against him (turns 29 in Sept).

Totally missed the point.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:43 pm

boyzis wrote:
Gil wrote:RG is saying it tongue in cheek but I'd say Fabregas, Matic, Terry, Courtois, Cech, Filipe Luis, Costa & Hazard are all World Class. Azpi is on the cusp of it as well.

Matic: still has alot to prove at top level. Not a special player nor is he world class
Felipe luis: cnt get into spain team, concentration problems and one decent season he played last year

The salt in this post. LOL

You make it seem as though they're terrible.

Cmon man... Rolling Eyes 
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:00 am

boyzis wrote:

Wow I don't can't won't even..........
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:13 am

Dnmac4 wrote:I thought Costa was overrated and just looked good because he was scoring against La Liga scrubs?

Calm down little boy, he scored a deflected tap in no one is flip flopping.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:16 am

boyzis wrote:

Are the current Chelsea team the strongest Title Contenders ever in PL history? - Page 4 1735
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:07 am

Obviously we are talking on paper here - the answer is no, they are not. Could they win the title? Yes - but no one thinks they are going to walk it - people are pretty divided on who the favourite is out of them and city. So how can you say they're the strongest ever when they aren't even necessarily the strongest for 14/15.

City have a stronger squad on paper imo.

Anyway... historically speaking, the untouchables are clearly the undisputable best side to ever grace the PL. Case closed - Good luck to Chelsea to match.

Utd '08 has had a mention.. But don't forget Utd' '97, who are certainly no worse than Chelsea on paper.

Schmeichel  -     Cortois
Neville         -     Ivanovic
Pallister       -     Terry
May            -     Cahill
Irwin           -     Luis
Keane         -     Matic
Scholes       -     Fabregas
Beckham     -     Schurrle
Giggs          -     Hazard
Solskjaer     -    Oscar
Cantona      -     Costa

Schwarzer   -    Cech
Johnsen      -    Zouma
P. Neville    -     Azpi
Butt           -     Ramires
Jordi Cruyff -     Willian
Cole           -     Torres

This Chelsea squad still has to prove itself.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:46 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:I thought Costa was overrated and just looked good because he was scoring against La Liga scrubs?

Calm down little boy, he scored a deflected tap in no one is flip flopping.

Right no one is flip flopping.  Sure.  EPL fans have a nasty little habit of putting La Liga players down until they come into your league and torch it and then they act like they never said anything bad and they always liked said player Kun and Silva being classic examples (there too small and will get bossed in the EPL and Jack Wilshere is better than Silva LOL) and I could go on and on.

I'm calm.  I mean the guy had a goal and a penalty not called but since it was a tap in I guess it shouldn't count, LOL, more of your insane logic. You should be the one to stop foaming at the mouth with all the Costa hate you tried spewing over the last year with gems like this below.

"He's an extremely limited player who is extremely overrated by Nick and Gil Laughing

Inb4 i don't watch Atleti, i suppose you need some forward to hype in La Liga though as you have none Laughing"

Or this gem

"Costa works hard and is difficult to play against, but lets be real he is very very limited.  His goal return isn't all that either especially considering he takes penalties.

If you want to talk about quality forwards outside the big two talk about Carlos Vela someone who actually has plentiful of ability."

I mean the guy is going to stroke 25 plus goals this year with ease yet you'll still be petty and try to bring him down like you do Yaya.

I love how you talk about the EPL but then when talking about La Liga you pretend Barca and Real aren't in the league or they should be separated for some reason.  I mean the utter dullness to put down a league with Messi and Ronaldo in it as not having quality forwards is just well, typical.

And your right, La Liga is always struggling so bad for forwards, LOL.

Keep up the good work.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMamba Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:54 am

i am in awe of chelsea's 2014 transfer windows.

selling your benchwarmers and loanees for incredible amounts to fund a better 1st team, exactly in positions they needed, all for very reasonable buying fees is genius.

Not to mention their amazing loan policy!

even if all their new signings flop, its great business considering the market!
RedMamba
RedMamba
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:31 am

Yeah and I stand by what I said there is no flip flopping.

La Liga really has great forwards doesn't it?  The only good forward in the whole league outside Barca and Madrid is Mandzukic who else you got lol?

You really need to get a hobby mate this obsession with PL is very disturbing.

Also I don't bring Yaya down, I call it how it is he's a great player but he's very lazy and he's not a DM despite how much you think so.

Not my fault you're too busy fantasising over how large his penis might be too notice the obvious mate.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:59 pm

Laughing
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:42 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Yeah and I stand by what I said there is no flip flopping.

La Liga really has great forwards doesn't it?  The only good forward in the whole league outside Barca and Madrid is Mandzukic who else you got lol?

You really need to get a hobby mate this obsession with PL is very disturbing.

Also I don't bring Yaya down, I call it how it is he's a great player but he's very lazy and he's not a DM despite how much you think so.

Not my fault you're too busy fantasising over how large his penis might be too notice the obvious mate.

Wow, you're the one who brought the gay tendencies into the conversation which isn't much of a surprise.

It's funny you're still sticking with your statement that Carlos Vela is better than Diego Costa (What a joke), that Yaya Toure was never a DM (what a joke, players can shift positions seeing as he's played in 3 different systems in the last 5 or so years, last year really being the only one where he was an out and out CM).

And LOL, the weirdest thing you keep on doing is excluding Barca and Madrid from La Liga. You do understand neither team won the actual league last year, right? You don't just get to pretend and live in fantasy land because those teams don't fit your misguided preconceptions of the best league in Europe.

I mean can you comprehend that? Does the EPL have a ton of great strikers minus City and United? Obviously not since you don't fancy Chelsea strikers seeing as Diego Costa is limited and Carlos Vela is better (BTW he plays in La Liga), Torres sucks and Drogba is old.

After that it's Sturridge, Alexis (who La Liga didn't want), Giroud (one of the most heavily criticized players on this board) and Lukaku who has proven he can't beat out in your opinion bad strikers.

See, you can basically do that with any league and with your Premface bias it's not a surprise what your doing.

When the EPL can step up to Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez, Bale, Benz, Griezmann, Munian, Mandzukic etc then try to push your chest out, until then keep your little bird chest in your shirt.

It's pointless to name any young strikers or people stepping up in place of departed or aging forwards because like normal premfaces you wont recognize how good they are anyways until they are either in the EPL or bagging 30 goals a year hence comparing Diego Costa to Carlos Vela, case closed.

I will say one thing though, it's going to be very entertaining this year to watch you try to squirm and reason your way out of why a very limited player in Costa is ripping your league to shreds.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:06 pm

Costa is a pretty limited player. That said, his limited skillset is quite good and tailor made for the team he's playing on (much like at Atletico). I wouldn't call Costa a great player, but he is good, and under the right circumstances good players can do great things. Look how poor Costa looked at the WC for example in the wrong circumstances.

Costa will have a good season at Chelsea.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:45 pm

El Cujo wrote:Costa is a pretty limited player. That said, his limited skillset is quite good and tailor made for the team he's playing on (much like at Atletico). I wouldn't call Costa a great player, but he is good, and under the right circumstances good players can do great things.

Spoiler:

Nothing limited about Costa at all. Two footed, great in the air, quick, strong, fantastic ball carrier over distance, underrated passer, can beat a man with ball fakes/shimmy's, great touch, runs the channels and his movement is fantastic.

Limited players don't have a higher goalscoring season than the likes of Aguero, Falcao, Torres, Forlan, Hasselbaink, Vieri etc. He's only going to get better as well considering he's a late bloomer and will be playing with better players at Chelsea.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:50 pm

That defense was kind of exposed though. I question sending their best CB on loan to the championship while keeping someone like Zouma around.

Omeruo is miles ahead of Zouma,Kalas, and even Cahill if we are going to be honest. He is also better than old Terry. Only Ivanovic has an argument there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:05 pm

Gil wrote:
El Cujo wrote:Costa is a pretty limited player. That said, his limited skillset is quite good and tailor made for the team he's playing on (much like at Atletico). I wouldn't call Costa a great player, but he is good, and under the right circumstances good players can do great things.
Limited players don't have a higher goalscoring season than the likes of Aguero, Falcao, Torres, Forlan, Hasselbaink, Vieri etc. He's only going to get better as well considering he's a late bloomer and will be playing with better players at Chelsea.

They do when they have a great manager who built everything around Costa's skillset.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:58 pm

Limited or not limited. Doesn't matter. Will flop.
Because he playys for a limited team, with a limited manager, now.

'Strongest title contenders ever' pmsl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:24 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:That defense was kind of exposed though. I question sending their best CB on loan to the championship while keeping someone like Zouma around.

Omeruo is miles ahead of Zouma,Kalas, and even Cahill if we are going to be honest. He is also better than old Terry. Only Ivanovic has an argument there.

Are the current Chelsea team the strongest Title Contenders ever in PL history? - Page 4 1735

That meme is perfect GLS
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:42 pm

Betty La Fea strikes again :bow:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:15 am

This isn't even the best Chelsea team under Mourinho 2004/05 please :bow:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:33 am

yes I agree. On paper that Chelsea hadn't a great striker, I mean Drogba was not already a beast , Lampard was the top striker of that Chelsea with 13 goals but anyway  that Chelsea 2005 was really  an incredible team.    Just 15 goals conceded in the whole Premier League .. Mou ffs :bow:

p.s. If Costa is limited, almost all world CFs are limited

Hapless_Hans wrote:Limited or not limited. Doesn't matter. Will flop.
Because he playys for a limited team, with a limited manager, now.

'Strongest title contenders ever' pmsl

You've lost a Champions League final against the ""limited manager"" :coffee:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:06 am

Blue wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:That defense was kind of exposed though. I question sending their best CB on loan to the championship while keeping someone like Zouma around.

That meme is perfect GLS

What exactly have I said wrong? Omeruo was the second best Centreback in the championship when he showed up last season, and he has shown the same so far this campaign. I maintain he's the best, if not second, center back in their squad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4