RealGunner
Art Morte
Lucifer
Hapless_Hans
Kaladin
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Chelsea 2019/20 is the worst team they've assembled in their history Empty Chelsea 2019/20 is the worst team they've assembled in their history

Post by Kaladin Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:52 pm

My god i haven't seen a worst starting XI

Azpilicueta - actually one of the most overrated and probably the worst defender in the PL

Zouma - brainless

Christensen - who?

Emerson - lol

Jorginho - a player who's strengths are untapped

Kante - benched

Their whole attacking force - absolute GARBAGE

Lampard - another player turned manager who has no clur of what he's doing

I actually think they might be relegated
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Chelsea 2019/20 is the worst team they've assembled in their history Empty Re: Chelsea 2019/20 is the worst team they've assembled in their history

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:37 pm

The thread http://www.goallegacy.net/t42105-chelsea-2019-20-is-the-worst-team-they-ve-assembled-in-their-history#1965825 is the worst thread @Kaladin has made in his history
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Chelsea 2019/20 is the worst team they've assembled in their history Empty Re: Chelsea 2019/20 is the worst team they've assembled in their history

Post by Lucifer Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:41 pm

They actually looked crisp at the start, both on and off the ball until the penalty. Main issue seems to be that Tammy is not involving with others and on couple of occasions was too slow to pounce on ball. I think they will play good and if they show some quality in final third.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:43 pm

With Hazard, Higuain and Luiz they finished 3rd last season and Hazard is probably the only one that will be truly missed. This season is as great a chance as it gets for someone new to break into the top-6, though, either at Chelsea's, Arsenal's or United's expense.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:49 pm

Had Tammy scored that goal early on, it would have been a different game.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:57 pm

Wasn't aware you guys are on a first name basis
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:57 pm

Agreed with the rest, they're not bad. We're just that good. It's our year.

Chelsea will be fine.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:00 pm

Yes as the answer to the thread title. Since they've became a big team at least, this has been their worst overall team.

I'm not trying to kneejerk as there's still many games left to go so I need to see more of them, but wouldn't be surprised if they float around the lower order of the top 10 this season
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:44 pm

When did our history start? hmm
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:53 pm

Kick wrote:When did our history start? hmm
when Abramovic bought the club
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:47 pm

i can understand that abraham and mount will be needing time as they are just integrated to first team very quickly they should have been introduced gradually though. and it showed against Utd

for me the most disappointing player has been barkley, lol and this is just from neutral point of view but been wondering when barkley actually will be top dog and prove that he deserves to be first team player and he hasnt so far.

he was abysmal against utd

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:18 am

Meh, Chelsea will be fine imo.

Abraham should be off to the races once he buries some chances. He looked all right, just needs to be more physical and combative. He looked cowed by Maguire and Lindelof, especially Maguire. Chelsea have a tradition of big, bruising strikers who bully defenders. Abraham isn't of that mold so time will tell if he will work up front. Too early to tell, but I like what I saw.

Lampard must settle who's going to be playing behind his striker. Pedro did well enough to warrant his spot on the right, but he's the only one right now. Willian will definitely get a spot as well when he's back. Pulisic looked better (to me anyway) than Mount, but not as good as Barkley, who probably shouldn't have been subbed off. Either way, I'm surprised Abraham got as much service as he did, even if it did wane as the game went on.

Kante will be back and I don't believe the talk of him not being in Lampard's plans. He's the best midfielder they've got and even at 50% he's invaluable to them. They need him back to 100% ASAP if that midfield is to function to the level expected otherwise, this type of loss won't be an outlier.

Zouma had a real mare obviously and Christiansen also didn't look all that assured as well. The crazy thing to me is that Rudiger, who got a mistake or 2 in him as well, was sorely missed. He reads the game much better than Zouma. Wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea's backline stabilizes when he returns.

As for Kepa, no keeper is going to look good with a leaky defense in front of him. He needs to find his voice more. Had very little chance on those goals though.

This was a hard hello for Lampard for EPL management, but he knows this league so well. The idea to give the youth academy products a chance to establish themselves is a good one and I think more clubs of Chelsea's stature should do it. Unfortunately, the price for that can be performances like this. It's a bump on a very long road. Chelsea fans gotta put this one in the rearview mirror and move on.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 12, 2019 5:01 am

McLewis wrote:Meh, Chelsea will be fine imo.

Abraham should be off to the races once he buries some chances. He looked all right, just needs to be more physical and combative. He looked cowed by Maguire and Lindelof, especially Maguire. Chelsea have a tradition of big, bruising strikers who bully defenders. Abraham isn't of that mold so time will tell if he will work up front. Too early to tell, but I like what I saw.

Lampard must settle who's going to be playing behind his striker. Pedro did well enough to warrant his spot on the right, but he's the only one right now. Willian will definitely get a spot as well when he's back. Pulisic looked better (to me anyway) than Mount, but not as good as Barkley, who probably shouldn't have been subbed off. Either way, I'm surprised Abraham got as much service as he did, even if it did wane as the game went on.

Kante will be back and I don't believe the talk of him not being in Lampard's plans. He's the best midfielder they've got and even at 50% he's invaluable to them. They need him back to 100% ASAP if that midfield is to function to the level expected otherwise, this type of loss won't be an outlier.

Zouma had a real mare obviously and Christiansen also didn't look all that assured as well. The crazy thing to me is that Rudiger, who got a mistake or 2 in him as well, was sorely missed. He reads the game much better than Zouma. Wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea's backline stabilizes when he returns.

As for Kepa, no keeper is going to look good with a leaky defense in front of him. He needs to find his voice more. Had very little chance on those goals though.

This was a hard hello for Lampard for EPL management, but he knows this league so well. The idea to give the youth academy products a chance to establish themselves is a good one and I think more clubs of Chelsea's stature should do it. Unfortunately, the price for that can be performances like this. It's a bump on a very long road. Chelsea fans gotta put this one in the rearview mirror and move on.

If we're being serious in this thread, then saying Kante is benched is the silliest thing I've ever read.

If we're not, #LampordOut
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:00 am

They were undoubtedly the better team on the pitch, up until Zouma conceded that penalty. Man United overwhelmed them with momentum and intensity in the second half. I don't think this match was indicative of anything in regards to their quality, that we weren't already aware of.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:03 am

Bad thread. Chelsea will be fine. They are a decent side when their whole squad’s fit. Only problem position is CF.

Kepa
Reece james – rudiger – Christensen - emersen
Loftus cheek – kante
Pulisic-mount-cho
giroud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:08 am

Feel bad for Kante; a Monster of a midfielder being wasted in such a mediocre side.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:51 am

It'll be a terrible season but I expect them to go HAM once the transfer ban is up - maybe. Obviously they have the Azar cash, but eh, now I'm thinking on it, Roman's interest seems to have been pretty low the last couple seasons. Hmm.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:36 am

Imo both teams looked pretty bad. Obviously the result could've been much different had they scored the 1-0 or even the 1-1 instead of hitting the post/bar but ultimately they were still quite poor. Either team needs to improve a lot if they want to challenge for a top 4 spot.

@Firenze Don't really think Chelsea can do that these days. You pay like £60-70m for talented young players and well above that for a proven star.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:52 pm

I'm going to go out on a wing here and say that Kovacic will be our best summer signing. Jorginho will be dropped once Kante is back.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:53 pm

Kovacic is trash.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:23 pm

Kovacic doesn't look suited to the PL to me. Should've stayed in Serie A tbh.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:01 am

Except there is no pressure on this team to perform. The philosophy of this team has changed, they haven't been spending big on players for a few years now. They are already net €80 million on the plus side in the transfers. There is a shift with emphasis on building up the team from their infamous youth system and young players. And Frank Lampard is the right man for this job. With the transfer ban in place, it is the right thing to do.

If anything, I welcome this change. It is not going to be an overnight success but give it a few years and if Chelsea stick with this philosphy, it will start to pay off in the long run.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:56 am

danyjr wrote:Except there is no pressure on this team to perform. The philosophy of this team has changed, they haven't been spending big on players for a few years now. They are already net €80 million on the plus side in the transfers. There is a shift with emphasis on building up the team from their infamous youth system and young players. And Frank Lampard is the right man for this job. With the transfer ban in place, it is the right thing to do.

If anything, I welcome this change. It is not going to be an overnight success but give it a few years and if Chelsea stick with this philosphy, it will start to pay off in the long run.

How can you know that? Lampard has an uphill battle with this squad and his 0 experience managing in the league.

Also Kovacic. When will the hype end, he isn't even good enough to be a starter in this version of Chelsea.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:19 pm

He is the right man for the job as he knows the club inside out. He is the perfect candidate to work with the youth academy. Any other coach would have gone to spend cash but instead he has chosen to build something from within the club.

Regarding his managerial expertise, it will remain to be seen. Nobody knows how good/bad he will be.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:36 pm

How did he choose not to spend cash? Chelsea are under a transfer ban. He didn't choose not to spend, he couldn't. He hasn't worked with Chelsea's youth academy either, or any other youth academy for that matter iirc. Saying he chose to build something from within the club, when he had no choice but to do it, sounds like a forced narrative.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next