Are the current Chelsea team the strongest Title Contenders ever in PL history?

+42
RED
Dnmac4
Sri
Doc
Shed
CBarca
Nishankly
Art Morte
Curtinho
DeletedUser#1
boyzis
The Franchise
Glory
BORUSSIA!!
iftikhar
TalkingReckless
Blue Barrett
Red Alert
windkick
lszanto
nadinkrah
BarrileteCosmico
B-Mac
VendettaRed07
Gil
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Eman
LeBéninois
Tomwin Lannister
Robespierre
sportsczy
El Gunner
Onyx
chad4401
Jay29
Abramovich
httredskins47
Mr Nick09
Hapless_Hans
McAgger
Freeza
RealGunner
46 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Best Squad ever in the history?

Are the current Chelsea team the strongest Title Contenders ever in PL history? - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Are the current Chelsea team the strongest Title Contenders ever in PL history? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 10 ]
Are the current Chelsea team the strongest Title Contenders ever in PL history? - Page 2 Vote_lcap70%Are the current Chelsea team the strongest Title Contenders ever in PL history? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 23 ]

Total Votes : 33

Are the current Chelsea team the strongest Title Contenders ever in PL history? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the current Chelsea team the strongest Title Contenders ever in PL history?

Post by LeBéninois Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:31 pm

people are oveerating this chelsea side. pretty strong nonetheless but nothing out this world.

LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Are the current Chelsea team the strongest Title Contenders ever in PL history? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are the current Chelsea team the strongest Title Contenders ever in PL history?

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:32 pm

Oscar is a shockingly bad attacking mid tbf

He actually makes the team because he can tackle rofl

Men technique, no vision no anything. Puts in a shift and tackles tho Proud

Must be half English
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:36 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Oscar is a shockingly bad attacking mid tbf

He actually makes the team because he can tackle rofl

Men technique, no vision no anything. Puts in a shift and tackles tho Proud

Must be half English

He has made a living just being better than Mata. Seriously that is the only reason I can think of. Maybe because some think he looks like Kaka, but that doesn't hold up.

Nobody respects him. He had the 10 for Brazil; Neymar took that. He had the 11 for Chelsea; Drogba took that. He does absolutely nothing against Germany, and is on the pitch crying like he knew he did enough. Right after halftime ramires slipped him in not once, but TWICE, and he just passed it to Neuer. Dude is a clown. If Chelsea win anything this year with him starting it will be despite him. You might as well be playing with Mikel with him in the lineup.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:37 pm

84 to FIFA ffs
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:44 pm

They've played one game against a team that will probably be relegated. They have a great squad but wait until the end of the season (or a few seasons from now) to call them the GOAT.

Unless this thread was just banter hmm 
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:55 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Our equivalent to Matic and Costa is Arteta and Giroud. That's the key difference between our squads.

They're squad is very strong and they're rightful favourites for the league title, and I think this was the case before the season started.

Considering this is a serious post.... City are better.

They were better last year and they still are.

I do find threads like this very tedious though, it's the first game of the season and they played the worst team in the league.

Just look at Burnley's team for Christ's sake, we are probably the only team shit enough to not beat them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:58 pm

Don't call me James wrote:All I'm saying is, had Burnley were in PL last season and got 93 points (like they did in the Championship) they would've won the league.

And Chelsea dispatched them with the greatest ease I ever saw. :coffee:

Dat logic, we got 100 points in the Championship with a Jonas-Barton-Nolan-Routledge midfield ffs.

I know you're joking but I really cba tbh lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:01 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:All I'm saying is, had Burnley were in PL last season and got 93 points (like they did in the Championship) they would've won the league.

And Chelsea dispatched them with the greatest ease I ever saw. :coffee:

Dat logic, we got 100 points in the Championship with a Jonas-Barton-Nolan-Routledge midfield ffs.

I know you're joking but I really cba tbh lol.

ffs :bow:
DAT Scouse duo
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Yeah, City clearly have a better squad because of their four strikers. If we can bring in another 10-15 goal striker and get rid of Torres then we're easily better IMO.

I think Mourinho gives us a coaching advantage over City despite their superior squad. We quite clearly should have won the League last year but our results against teams like Burnley cost us the Championship. We've now addressed that with the additions of Costa and Cesc.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:34 pm

I think having an actual DM in Fernando (quite frankly the reason we didn't get a draw) and added defensive depth will have a big impact for them.

Also can't see them being shite away from home for months either.

I agree in general with Gil's post though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:35 pm

Chelsea are really strong. Don't really have any weaknesses, league will come down to them and city probably.. But let's wait until they play some full time footballers before we go crazy here
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:39 pm

Not enough people talking about the magician LVG and how he'll turn United into beasts.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:41 pm

Gil wrote:Yeah, City clearly have a better squad because of their four strikers. If we can bring in another 10-15 goal striker and get rid of Torres then we're easily better IMO.

I think Mourinho gives us a coaching advantage over City despite their superior squad. We quite clearly should have won the League last year but our results against teams like Burnley cost us the Championship. We've now addressed that with the additions of Costa and Cesc.

Agreed.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:57 pm

I don't really see where you get that coaching advantage from.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:36 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Hazard is about as good as CR was when United won the CL.

ok there, let me know when Hazard is tying a league high goal scoring record and winning a balon d'or
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:55 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I don't really see where you get that coaching advantage from.

gil means that mou has no shame in parking the bus, against any team that can beat them
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:57 pm

Now that United have signed Rojo I think it's them tbh :coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by nadinkrah Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:57 pm

Like when Mou parked the bus vs City at the Etihad... Laughing Laughing Laughing
Pelle is a joke 
nadinkrah
nadinkrah
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:00 am

Alot of these posts are just sarcastic but last season the only reason we lost the league was because we couldn't kill off some of the smaller teams. Costa and Fabregas should ensure that doesn't happen anymore, we killed it agianst the top teams and destroyed City at the etihad even if it only ended up 1-0.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:10 am

If this isn't a knee jerk thread I don't know what is.

And I am going to go ahead and say no. The EPL has been stacked with teams throughout it's glorious history with stacked teams
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:18 am

when Mourinho parked the bus against Moyes at Old Trafford Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:39 am

Gil wrote:Yeah, City clearly have a better squad because of their four strikers. If we can bring in another 10-15 goal striker and get rid of Torres then we're easily better IMO.

How about your CB's? You have Terry on the wrong side of 30 and CAHILL. City are about to start having Mangala and Kompany. I would say city has a better squad as of now.

This thread saying in HISTORY...when in fact City is likely more what fits the mold to be the title contenders for this season given there depth and fact they have won the league 2 out of the last 3 years. So how can we say Chelsea are the best title contenders in EPL history when they might not even be the best choice for title contenders for this season alone?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:14 am

Ivanovic-Azpi is not exactly great either... Matic-Cesc-Oscar remains to be seen too against better competition.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:41 am

Strongest title contenders THIS season. EVER? Yeah, no.

windkick wrote:

How about your CB's? You have Terry on the wrong side of 30 and CAHILL. City are about to start having Mangala and Kompany. I would say city has a better squad as of now.

This thread saying in HISTORY...when in fact City is likely more what fits the mold to be the title contenders for this season given there depth and fact they have won the league 2 out of the last 3 years. So how can we say Chelsea are the best title contenders in EPL history when they might not even be the best choice for title contenders for this season alone?

Believe it or not, Cahill's arguably the best CB in the league atm. Laughing
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:46 am

No way. An overrated Kompany who wasn't even close to his best last season is heaps better...

Also genuine question, how good is Mangala? Was 4th in the pecking order for France behind Varane, Sakho and Kos.

Terry and Cahill had the best defensive record in the league last season by 10 goals...
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:02 am

CALMA PLS

I won't have you c**ts use GL jinx on our title hopes you bastards rofl

Pls go Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next