Donuts
The Franchise
Hapless_Hans
zenmaster
BarrileteCosmico
29 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Thomas Vermaelen - The Unlikely Hero - Page 3 Empty Re: Thomas Vermaelen - The Unlikely Hero

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:08 pm

billy_gr wrote:Anyone else feels at least sceptical at the compulsory annual ~20m transfer from Arsenal?
I mean it’s a recurring trend that can’t be justified by football logic.

Barca signing logic:

-Any ridiculously expensive signings we can make?

If no then...

-Any Catalans we can sign?

If no then...

-Any Arsenal players we can sign?

If no then...

"There are no players in the market that can play for Barca"

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Thomas Vermaelen - The Unlikely Hero - Page 3 Empty Re: Thomas Vermaelen - The Unlikely Hero

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:28 pm

Laughing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2852976/Barcelona-spent-123m-Arsenal-players-Gunners-reaping-benefits-Alexis-Sanchez.html

Other then them saying Henry struggled (which he didn't) that sums up our transfer dealings with Arsenal.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:39 pm

If you subtract the cost of Vermaelen, whats the Alexis deal true value?

I mean, its basically Alexis - Verm plus X million.

What is the X?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:57 pm

Well Sanchez went for £35M and Vermaelen was £15, so that would mean Sanchez went for £20M.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:05 pm

Sounds like a great deal.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:13 pm

While Ozil went for £42.5
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:16 pm

don't know where else to put this but....

The former Barcelona goalkeeper has been criticised for the work he has done as Sporting Director in recent times, while he has now confessed that he can’t see himself staying in his post for much longer.

“I don’t think I’ll have many more years at Barcelona. Perhaps elsewhere, at another team. English and German clubs tend to be more stable. In all, Spain tends to be a more effervescent country.”

Zubizarreta went on to admit that he ‘enjoys’ the job, but the pressure from outside and the intense scrutiny on his role can be draining on his enthusiasm towards the role.

“I enjoy every day but there are days that seem to be years here. It’s an exciting job but the public exposure can be wearing, because everything we do is scrutinised before it can even be deemed to have been a success or failure.”

http://www.insidespanishfootball.com...-at-barcelona/
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:47 pm

He's incompetent thats all there is. He knows their going to lose the next election and he'll be shown the door, so now believes English and German clubs are more stable not with some like him thats for sure.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:39 am

goood riddance.
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:42 am

Donuts wrote:don't know where else to put this but....

The former Barcelona goalkeeper has been criticised for the work he has done as Sporting Director in recent times, while he has now confessed that he can’t see himself staying in his post for much longer.

“I don’t think I’ll have many more years at Barcelona. Perhaps elsewhere, at another team. English and German clubs tend to be more stable. In all, Spain tends to be a more effervescent country.”

Zubizarreta went on to admit that he ‘enjoys’ the job, but the pressure from outside and the intense scrutiny on his role can be draining on his enthusiasm towards the role.

“I enjoy every day but there are days that seem to be years here. It’s an exciting job but the public exposure can be wearing, because everything we do is scrutinised before it can even be deemed to have been a success or failure.”

Please, show me any other team in the world where you can be as incompetent as Zubi and stay at your job for so long...

I will say, however, that he has brought many young gems to the team.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:42 am

Donuts wrote:don't know where else to put this but....

Laughing his over enthusiasm has cost us, now a little draining will not be of any help....we need to drain him completely...

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:03 pm

English clubs are more stable?

Funny that, Wenger, Pardew, Allardyce and Rodgers...the 4 longest tenures, have all been repeatedly questioned and had fans demanded them out.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:27 pm

The man has some nerves.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:35 pm

Fußball wrote:The man has some nerves.

indeed Laughing

can only mean he doesn't expect to be sporting director any longer after you've had elections, that's pretty insolent stuff.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:46 pm

If he had any integrity as a human being he would resign for the Vermaelen shambles alone. He has signed an injured player who will not play a single minute this season, for a position that has been severely understrength for years - Clasicos have been played with Adriano as a makeshift defender - moreover in the last transfer window before a transfer ban. If I were a novel writer I couldn't draw up a more incompetent character no matter how hard I tried. But what do you expect from someone who is part of a board which is run by a president who hasn't been elected by anyone because the real president turned out a fraud and went hiding.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:24 pm

not only that he signed an injured player, wasn't there reports (don't know how accurate) that he went against the verdict of the doctors/the result of the medical, who said Vermaelen would have to have surgery first before they would recommend signing him?

I mean seriously wtf. If that is true he should not only be fired, but sued for damages as well.

Can you imagine the nationwide outrage, scandal and tabloid tsunami if it became known Sammer did that kind of shit?
Or that Reschke was under suspicion of siphoning a few millions from a transfer?

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:15 pm

Welcome to Spain. Not hard to imagine the majority of businesses are run in similar fashion in the country. Which would explain their economical shitholeness.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:07 pm

so.. he is finally training with the team, only a year late huh
xD
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:53 pm

Let's not jinx it Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:02 am

you mean training in the hospital?? :coffee:

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:46 am

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CA8wDxrWYAAz1sR.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CA8wD1-W8AEyT2Q.jpg
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:09 am

vermelon fooled barca about his injury so he can fool us with some backdated picutres... Laughing

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:35 pm

His doctor said he can play within the week hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:38 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:His doctor said he can play within the week hmm

i would rather take his doctor as a defender

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:31 pm

^hilarious
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:17 am

Fußball wrote:If he had joined United he would've probably needed leg amputation.

Zubi has been sacked by Athletic because he was too incompetent to scout players within a single region in Spain since Athletic only sign Basque players. It's a piss take that this guy and an unelected president are running Barcelona right now. Every random fan on this forum would do better (free_cat excluded, I don't need to see Pedro first name on the team sheet).

Clubber Clubber Clubber
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next