urbaNRoots
Sina
Spider
Fenris
Jay29
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thomas Vermaelen signs new Arsenal deal Empty Thomas Vermaelen signs new Arsenal deal

Post by Jay29 Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:40 am

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Thomas Vermaelen has signed a new long-term contract with the Club.

The Belgium international has been a star performer in Arsenal’s defence during his 54 appearances for the Club and has now put pen to paper on a new contract.

Vermaelen, 25, made more appearances than any other Gunners player during his debut season, being named in the PFA Premier League Team of the Season for 2009/10. During that campaign, his defensive performances were just part of the story. He also weighed in with eight goals, including thunderous long-range efforts against Blackburn Rovers and Wigan Athletic.

Captain of the Belgium national side Vermaelen has made 32 appearances for his country including the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. Vermaelen previously skippered Dutch giants Ajax, where he spent nine years, having joined as a teenager from Belgian club Germinal Beerschot.

Arsène Wenger said: “We are absolutely delighted that Thomas has signed a new long-term contract. Our plan is always to sign top quality players and with Thomas extending his contract, we have done just that. Thomas is a special player, who has always made a huge contribution on the pitch and we are looking forward to him being a part of our future at Arsenal Football Club.”

Vermaelen, who is now closing in on a return to full fitness said: “I am really happy to have signed a new contract with Arsenal. I always had the intention to stay here. I feel there is a big belief in me from the Club, from the boss and from the fans and that is one of the reasons why I stayed. Arsenal is a fantastic Club. We have great supporters, we’re doing well financially and we are playing with some quality young players now and they will develop, which is very good for the future.”

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club is looking forward to Thomas’ continued contribution in the forthcoming years.

www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/vermaelen-signs-new-long-term-contract

------------------

That's one down. Very Happy

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Thomas Vermaelen signs new Arsenal deal Empty Re: Thomas Vermaelen signs new Arsenal deal

Post by Fenris Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:44 am

First step in the right direction. Hopefully Van Persie's next.
Fenris
Fenris
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Thomas Vermaelen signs new Arsenal deal Empty Re: Thomas Vermaelen signs new Arsenal deal

Post by Spider Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:47 am

Now Van persie , Now Van persie ,Now Van persie ,Now Van persie bounce bounce
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:05 pm

cheers banana
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:04 pm

YUHU!!! Two good news in a row...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:13 pm

This is great news, I hope RVP is next to sign.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:14 pm

Good news or we could of just tied down an injury prone player.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:16 pm

Emaharg wrote:Good news or we could of just tied down an injury prone player.

This show commitment and will make others stay at the club long term. All we need is to get 1 or 2 quality players in the January window and we are set.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:56 pm

Vermaelen - This club has a bright future
Thomas Vermaelen signed a new deal at Arsenal because he believes the Club has a bright future.

The vice-captain has established himself as one of the Premier League’s top defenders since arriving in north London in 2009 and has committed himself to the Arsenal cause by putting pen to paper on a contract extension.

Vermaelen cited the belief shown in him by Arsène Wenger and the supporters as a major factor in his decision. And the Belgian wants to repay that faith when he returns to action in the near future.

"I feel there is a big belief from the Club, from the boss and from the fans and that is one of the reasons why I stayed," he told Arsenal Player.

"I feel great here, it's a fantastic Club and that is why I want to stay here. I played my first year here, had a big injury last year and then got injured again. I want to show something back to the Club and to the fans and that is why I want to stay longer.

"Of course you cannot look into the future but I have a big belief that this Club will continue doing well. We had a bad start in the league but I think if we fight hard we will get through this. In the following years Arsenal will stay a big Club.

"You can feel that [there is a strong base here]. You hear from the board that the Club is doing well financially. We are playing with young players now and they can develop - that is good for the future I think."
http://www.arsenal.com/home

I just hope this opens the door for the rest of them. RVP, Theo, Song.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:05 pm

How long is this deal?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:08 pm

srigooner wrote:How long is this deal?

Should be at least 4 year deal, all we know is a long term deal. cheers
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:28 pm

Excelent! Glad to see the club negotiating contracts as they should be and not waiting until the season ends.

Now there are still a few left, but great news.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:32 pm

YES! We signed a great defender we love, and this will probably influence RVP and the others to resign too.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:33 pm

btw it's def 4 years
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:55 pm

So our stand in skipper is settled, now for our skipper. Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:16 pm

Yeah Vermaelen signed new contr.... anyone knows why :?: ... did u heard the truth !! Mad

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:46 pm

Why? Cuz we're awesome, he's class and he's not stupid.

Probably was offered some nice money, too, since he deserves it.

I'd actually love to know how much he's earning. If Mertesacker is supposedly on 90k, he should be at around that much which is a lot for a defender.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:48 pm

boss wrote:Yeah Vermaelen signed new contr.... anyone knows why :?: ... did u heard the truth !! Mad

Cus he has some Albanian blood and loves Arsenal. banana
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:48 pm

Seriously, watch the interview, what a straight forward man. Not this

"oh well i dunno about the future, im no fortune teller, who knows what the future holds, im not sure about the future." crap

Just say "I intend to not screw around and thus will extend my contract/not extend my contract."
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:56 pm

your sig is why i really dont like kenye west, hate him with a passion.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:40 pm

yeah, extremely fake
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:22 am

RVP will only sign, once the following happens:

-Arsenal finish in the top 4
-Arsenal sign a worldclass player or 2
-Arsenal rightfully pay RVP in excess of £135k a week.

If for some bizarre reason, RVP signs before the aforementioned, then maybe.... Just maybe, there is true players still in existence.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:24 am

SUPERCARTTS wrote:RVP will only sign, once the following happens:

-Arsenal finish in the top 4
-Arsenal sign a worldclass player or 2
-Arsenal rightfully pay RVP in excess of £135k a week.

If for some bizarre reason, RVP signs before the aforementioned, then maybe.... Just maybe, there is true players still in existence.

He is gone....lets enjoy the brilliance of the man while we can
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:25 am

As for Vermaelen....best defender at the club and in the Belgium national team Very Happy
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:28 am

This is amazing news that makes me very happy Very Happy

As for RVP, I am pretty confident, and very optimistic about him staying. I think much of it will depend on our performances in our upcoming games.
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next