McAgger
Onyx
Robespierre
73 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The 2014/15 Calcio Saga - Page 37 Empty Re: The 2014/15 Calcio Saga

Post by dostoevsky Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:11 am

rofl Didn't expect it to match the rhythm of Get Lucky but that was a masterpiece.

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:46 am

elm_baraja_shaman wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:So how's inter doing in this league? Didn't they like win 4 times in a row several years ago? And now they are shit?

The teams that where shit while inter were good must be having so much fun now that that inter is shit and that they know they are not inter. It must be like waking up from a bad dream and realizing that you arent Fred Durst

considering Inter's "good times" were as a result if their created Calciopoli and their success a result of Juve and Milan being down for a couple of years, may I humbly ask when you started watching Serie A....

if you ask me, Inter are more back to where they belong than anything else...

It is a natural cycle.Every team has their highs and downs...I truly see nothing wrong with Inter exploiting the opportunity of other teams being punished for being caught cheating.While on this journey,we managed to overcome the top teams in the world and a prime Barcelona which was arguably the best team of all time,and since I don't see any teams being down for cheating in the Champions League,it is evidence of pure strength and determination of our squad.

Inter has always been a top club throughout our history,so saying that we are back where we belong is outright ridiculous.We have never been in Serie B,which can't be said about any of our rivals.So do Juve belong in Serie B?Obviously no,unless they're competing in a league of morale in which case they belong in Serie C2.

Inter,the most honorable club in Italy :bow:
Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:25 pm

Fc Honor & Grace :bow:
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:46 pm

Elm is basically  the worst poster read by me on GL ( luckily others Juve fans are totally different ) but probably I pretend so much and I lived in Italy also during these years and so I can't pretend to have his same perception of facts .....
Maybe he doesn't know the real reason why Ronaldo didn't win the scudetto in his first Italian year, maybe he thinks because his club was the best. Oh well, even I thought Francisco Farinos was good and Belozoglu Emre was a God , then I understood the truth , maybe even him , a day...
luckily his opinion is insignifcant  when there are facts and judgmentes to explain better what's happened.
And for example I can't pretend he knows who was Giuseppe Meazza, who 's Istvan Nyers, who's Grande Inter, who's Matthaus and Inter of point record under Trap, why Inter didn't win under Ronaldo,who's the only  Italian club never relegated and he doesn't know    we won 3 Uefa Cups  in our  " ugly years" (90's ) . when it was a GOAT cup, other clubs relegate in Serie B in ugly years  , other clubs will give everything so as to win 3 Uefa Cups in ugly years.
But not all know the history .
Anyway , after this digression.... this is not Inter.
It hasn't even the black and blue shirt.
When the cycle ends the results are always awful and the resumption is not easy , just remembering Miilan after 1996 , after his Capello - Sacci era .
It got 2 mid table leagues in 1997 and 1998 and it didn't get relegate for just 4 years in 1997. It won Serie A 1999 under Zaccheroni just because Fiorentina and Lazio bottled it incredibly, never seen again a similar thing lol  ( after his first half noone could imagine Milan to win it, not even in CL ) but it was just parenthesis because of this bottle job . but it was just a parenthesis of Zac era.
Milan came back only in 2003, after 7 years, when the Ancelotti era began and we know its brilliant history.
Inter problem , and for this reason I say it is not only Inter, it is not just a problem of " end cycle" anyway .
The end cycle coincides with a very very difficult economic moment, the worst in Inter history , we can't spend money to sign players unlike Juve not just for our financial budget but besides we are under the supervision of FPF  ... so we can't spend . Probably we are the most supervised club from UEFA for Financial Fair Play. Before the FPF wasn't created and you could improve the team without problems.
Now we can't improve the team in a substantial way but in this way it's difficult to come back to good levels.
Juve could spend also 50 for Felipe Melo and Diego also in last  ugly period   , and the rebirth was possible also with Agnelli money, basically Juve never had economic problems in his history because Juve means  FIAT , while Inter and Milan have now as they had in 70's ... and you can talk about cantera , youth players .. yes ... but just the money  can create a real improvement. If you have a solid economic situation you can permit to refuse offers for your top players as Pogba, noone can do it in Italy, just asking to whio sold Ibrahimovic, Silva,Eto'o,Cavani,Lamela etc
So we can't spend and we must spend much so as to improve the team , we  are in a  vicious circle , no way out . So what can you do now? The only solution would be going on Champions League  , because on paper you can build a good  team with CL money, but it is difficult to get the 3rd place if you haven't a  good team.
Yes  you can hope about the mediocrity of this Serie A, and infact this was the hope of club, Serie A is a scrub league so you don't need of  much so as to get the 3rd place . But we have wasted our chances because of Mazzarri and anyway there is good competition for 3rd place.
Of course Milan has similar problems, they also can't spend money and infact it was born the history of " AC Milan free agents "  , Galliani signs always free agents, and not all were good as Menez . If you can't sign great players , if you can't spend  40 for Higuain as Napoli did or even 30 mln for Iturbe  ( yes, Roma and Napoli can spend more than Milano clubs, but even the Sassuolo..) the rebirth is not impossible but anyway much difficult .
infact Milan is doing similar leagues to us in last years . This year is going better than last years , but it is also because they haven't cup and it is a good benefit  . We got 5th place years and we could get better if we didn't waste points in an idiot way and because of jinx.
Serie A needs of Milano clubs, otherwise it is not same thing.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:57 pm

Inter can still attain a CL berth by winning the EL this year Robes. I'd say you have a much better chance of reaching the CL than Milan lol

Roma will have the title race to think about and Fio is shit. Maybe Lazio can do something in Europe, but as it stands, Inter are the favorites (for me at least) from the Italian batch.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:02 pm

Robespierre wrote:Elm is basically  the worst poster read by me on GL ( luckily others Juve fans are totally different ) but probably I pretend so much and I lived in Italy also during these years and so I can't pretend to have his same perception of facts .....
Maybe he doesn't know the real reason why Ronaldo didn't win the scudetto in his first Italian year, maybe he thinks because his club was the best. Oh well, even I thought Francisco Farinos was good and Belozoglu Emre was a God , then I understood the truth , maybe even him , a day...
luckily his opinion is insignifcant  when there are facts and judgmentes to explain better what's happened.
And for example I can't pretend he knows who was Giuseppe Meazza, who 's Istvan Nyers, who's Grande Inter, who's Matthaus and Inter of point record under Trap, why Inter didn't win under Ronaldo,who's the only  Italian club never relegated and he doesn't know    we won 3 Uefa Cups  in our  " ugly years" (90's ) . when it was a GOAT cup, other clubs relegate in Serie B in ugly years  , other clubs will give everything so as to win 3 Uefa Cups in ugly years.
When the cycle ends the results are always awful and the resumption is not easy , just remembering Miilan after 1996 , after his Capello - Sacci era .
It got 2 mid table leagues in 1997 and 1998 and it didn't get relegate for just 4 years in 1997. It won Serie A 1999 under Zaccheroni just because Fiorentina and Lazio bottled it incredibly, never seen again a similar thing lol  ( after his first half noone could imagine Milan to win it, not even in CL ) but it was just parenthesis because of this bottle job . but it was just a parenthesis of Zac era.
Milan came back only in 2003, after 7 years, when the Ancelotti era began and we know its brilliant history.
Inter problem , and for this reason I say it is not only Inter, it is not just a problem of " end cycle" anyway .
The end cycle coincides with a very very difficult economic moment, the worst in Inter history , we can't spend money to sign players unlike Juve not just for our financial budget but besides we are under the supervision of FPF  ... so we can't spend . Probably we are the most supervised club from UEFA for Financial Fair Play. Before the FPF wasn't created and you could improve the team without problems.
Now we can't improve the team in a substantial way but in this way it's difficult to come back to good levels.
Juve could spend also 50 for Felipe Melo and Diego also in last  ugly period   , and the rebirth was possible also with Agnelli money, basically Juve never had economic problems in his history because Juve means  FIAT , while Inter and Milan have now as they had in 70's ... and you can talk about cantera , youth players .. yes ... but just the money  can create a real improvement. If you have a solid economic situation you can permit to refuse offers for your top players as Pogba, noone can do it in Italy, just asking to whio sold Ibrahimovic, Silva,Eto'o,Cavani,Lamela etc
So we can't spend and we must spend much so as to improve the team , we  are in a  vicious circle , no way out . So what can you do now? The only solution would be going on Champions League  , because on paper you can build a good  team with CL money, but it is difficult to get the 3rd place if you haven't a  good team.
Yes  you can hope about the mediocrity of this Serie A, and infact this was the hope of club, Serie A is a scrub league so you don't need of  much so as to get the 3rd place . But we have wasted our chances because of Mazzarri and anyway there is good competition for 3rd place.
Of course Milan has similar problems, they also can't spend money and infact it was born the history of " AC Milan free agents "  , Galliani signs always free agents, and not all were good as Menez . If you can't sign great players , if you can't spend  40 for Higuain as Napoli did or even 30 mln for Iturbe  ( yes, Roma and Napoli can spend more than Milano clubs, but even the Sassuolo..) the rebirth is not impossible but anyway much difficult .
infact Milan is doing similar leagues to us in last years . This year is going better than last years , but it is also because they haven't cup and it is a good benefit  . We got 5th place years and we could get better if we didn't waste points in an idiot way and because of jinx.

:bow: :bow:

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:09 pm

Robespierre wrote:Elm is basically  the worst poster read by me on GL ( luckily others Juve fans are totally different ) but probably I pretend so much and I lived in Italy also during these years and so I can't pretend to have his same perception of facts .....

Proud

:bow:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:41 pm

It got 2 mid table leagues in 1997 and 1998 and it didn't get relegate for just 4 years in 1997. It won Serie A 1999 under Zaccheroni just because Fiorentina and Lazio bottled it incredibly, never seen again a similar thing lol   ( after his first half noone could imagine Milan to win it, not even in CL ) but it was just parenthesis because of this bottle job  . but it was just a parenthesis of Zac era.
Inter problem , and for this reason I say it is not only Inter, it is not just a problem of " end cycle"  anyway .
The end cycle coincides with a very  very difficult economic moment, the worst in Inter history , we can't spend money to sign players unlike Juve not just for our financial budget but besides we are under the supervision of FPF  ... so we can't spend . Probably we are the most supervised club from UEFA for Financial Fair Play. Before the FPF wasn't created and you could improve the team without problems.

that was basically a jibe at Inter than anything else, whichever way you look at it, am sure 98% of Juve fans share the same theory of moral grounds based on Calciopoli, but of course me sharing it makes me the hypocrite :coffee:

we can go back and forth as much as we want on Calciopoli and there won't be common ground..... the guy basically said Inter were the top anarchy of italian football when it is not so, Juve and Milan were the top brands of Italy, Inter merely profited by the fall of these 2 for a period, but due to lack of planning is basically back to being where it used to be, the bridesmaid of those 2, that is how it was and that is how it will be for them at least ever since I started watching Calcio (and that was since 1995), ,and whatever your feels on that Ronaldo year was, too bad....

p.s: oh and I think you have it all wrong on Juve's financial policy post Calciopoli, like Inter and Milan we have also suffered, that Melo and Diego spending was a loan by Exxor I believe likewise as it was in the rebuilding year when we spent almost 80m on players,
i agree Serie A has lost its glamour it had back in the 90s, and I blame the lack of planning for this, I believe with the advent of stadium plans and buildings, serie a should enter a positive period for a while.....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:58 pm

Torino recovered to go from 0-1 to 2-1. 5 point gap from relegation Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:59 pm

A Totti-esque goal by Vazquez Very Happy
Amazing.

https://vine.co/v/OX1I7UTO76J

the partnership Vazquez - Dybala :bow:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:49 pm

Italian supercup on atm.1-0 Juve,Tevez just scored.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:51 pm

supercup wat

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:15 pm

Can't play in Qatar during the summer mate
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:12 pm

It is in summer because Napoli had to play the CL play off and so it asked to postpone the match ... and FIGC chose for December
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:13 pm

Zdenek Zeman was sacked today from Cagliari.
Another sack for him .
Apparently Walter Zenga is favorite to replace him.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:24 pm

ElPipa is so clutch

Please Arsenal save him from those scrubs
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:28 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:ElPipa is so clutch

Please Arsenal save him from those scrubs

Agreed
Arsenal sign him pls.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:30 pm

Giroud >>>>>
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:34 pm

Liverpool are the English team that need him the most hmm

But yeah Arsenal are preferable, they play in the CL
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:58 pm

What a match

River - Boca 2-2
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:59 pm

Pipita does it again. Such a different player in Napoli under Rafa technically and influentially.

What a player.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:02 pm

When Higuain is not a nervous and he wants to play football  (today  Napol iis playing to win  a trophy)  he is absolutely a difference maker

Unlucky for Napoli this year he is not glad after that play off lost against Athletic and so many think he will go away with Benitez this summer

Anyway his value can't be discussed for me
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:02 pm

Its so sad not to see Pipita in the CL. He deserves to play there

Juve were awful in extra time damn. I bet they were as bad during normal time
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:09 pm

Benitez needs of Dudek.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:10 pm

RealGunner wrote:Giroud >>>>>

I agree, Giroud is better than four "more than" signs but you guys could still save Higgy from what seems to be the Italian version of purgatory.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:17 pm

I'm at work and keeping up to date with this through a love commentary feed. Screw Buffon. Too good.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next